PDA

View Full Version : What position is historically least likely to be a bust?

sneakers
02-25-2008, 04:44 AM
I am betting it isn't QB ;)

I heard someplace a few years ago that it was OLinemen. I am sure you guys know better than me.

Medford Bronco
02-25-2008, 09:13 AM
I would guess Guard or Center. It is hard to be a big stiff there but
i am sure there are some.

BOSSHOGG30
02-25-2008, 09:31 AM
I don't think there is a position that is safe... but if I had to guess I would say Safety

MOtorboat
02-25-2008, 10:07 AM
As far as the first round goes...tackle.

Certainly not "safe," it's always a gamble, but:

2007 (Hard to tell in the long-run, but all three started this season)
Joe Thomas, Cleveland, Started 16 of 16
Levi Brown, Arizona, Started 11 in 13 games
Joe Staley, San Francisco, Started 16 of 16

D'Brickashaw Ferguson, New York Jets, started 16 of 16 rookie year, 16 this year

Jammal Brown, New Orleans, started 13 out of 13, hasn't missed a game since
Alex Barron, St. Louis, started 11 in 12 games in rookie year, hasn't missed a game since

Robert Gallery, Oakland, started all but six games in four years (injured in 2006), though he hasn't played all of them at tackle
Shawn Andrews, Philadelphia, started one game in rookie season, LT ever since
Vernon Carey, Miami, started two games in rookie season, played in 14, LT ever since

Jordan Gross, Carolina, started every game, All-Pro in rookie season, starting RT
George Foster, Denver, maybe the first real bust on the list, though he started three seasons for the Broncos, didn't start his first year
Kwame Harris, San Francisco, started five games rookie season 7 in his second, full-time starter in 2005 and 2006, now a backup

Mike Williams, Buffalo, started on and off for three seasons, now out of the league, bust
Bryant McKinnie, Minnesota, started seven games rookie season, hasn't missed a game since

Kenyatta Walker, Tampa Bay, started all but 10 games in first give seasons, has struggled with injury
Jeff Backus, Detroit, started every game of his career

Chris Samuels, Washington, started all but three games in his career
Stockar McDougle, started sparingly for Detroit in first three seasons, full-time starter for two others, backup with Jacksonville now
Chris McIntosh, Seatlle, bust

WARHORSE
02-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Runningbacks are fairly safe.

Least safe is QB and corner Id think.

shank
02-25-2008, 06:15 PM
personally i'd feel safest with a LB, RB, or S

LB and S are mostly read and react and if they can do it in college, they can usually do it on the next level.

RB is all about vision and ability, which also translates from college to the pros. though the holes are smaller, and the hitting is harder, it's usually a pretty smooth transition.

to me the most busty positions are QB, WR, and DT