PDA

View Full Version : Broncos add punter A.J. Trapasso.

broncofaninfla
01-06-2010, 11:28 AM
The Broncos added another punter Tuesday by signing A.J. Trapasso. An undrafted free agent rookie out of Ohio State this season, Trapasso didn’t punt but spent time with the Tennessee Titans, New York Jets, Tampa Bay Bucs and then back to the Titans’ practice squad.

For a punter who didn’t punt, Trapasso made a name for himself when he struck Cowboys Stadium’s famed (and infamous) video board during the first preseason game played at Dallas’ new facility. Trapasso also scored on a 40-yard fake punt return during the Titans’ Hall of Fame exhibition against the Buffalo Bills.

The Broncos last two roster additions have been punters _ they signed Britton Colquitt, another undrafted rookie last year, in the final week of the season.

It appears Trapasso and Colquitt will compete to become the Broncos’ punter in 2010, although the team still has 15-year veteran Mitch Berger.

CoachChaz
01-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Berger will not be a part of that equation

NightTrainLayne
01-06-2010, 11:30 AM
I saw this last night. Looks like we'll have a good punting competition this off-season.

weazel
01-06-2010, 11:34 AM
maybe they just want a few guys to be able to kick Marshall and Scheff out the door?

Dirk
01-06-2010, 11:41 AM
maybe they just want a few guys to be able to kick Marshall and Scheff out the door?

:tsk:

I think the time it takes Berger to get the ball off his foot and into the air prompted this. (which seems like 10 seconds some times)

Oh and the fact that he is past his prime and totally inconsistent.

arapaho2
01-06-2010, 11:47 AM
I saw this last night. Looks like we'll have a good punting competition this off-season.

we had a good punt competition last spring too...and josh chose the worst of the two...then released him a six weeks later

Dirk
01-06-2010, 11:49 AM
we had a good punt competition last spring too...and josh chose the worst of the two...then released him a six weeks later

True. One of the rookie coaching mistakes of the year for McD IMO.

broncophan
01-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Trapasso was a great punter for Ohio State.....hope things work out...