PDA

View Full Version : ***Official CP Debate Thread*** with full action poll!!!

SBboundBRONCOS
09-06-2007, 10:51 PM
ok guys this is a topic of hot discussion right now in thos forum.

as it stands right now there is no official CPs, the questions are

would you like a CP system and what type if yes

voice your opinion here so Tned can have it easily at hand :salute:

np stands for no preference

aberdien
09-06-2007, 11:21 PM
"It's whateva."

Chica_Ang
09-06-2007, 11:24 PM
i personally would love a cp system because:

1) i get instant gratification from passing them out
2) with pm's only, i'm not as likely to write someone if i like/dislike a post/thread
3) its fun to see where i'm earning them, too
4) they are like cyber hugs to me

:D

broncosinindy
09-06-2007, 11:26 PM
I have mixed reactions. i think that if they impliment a CP system. it would cause drama. i think if they add the CP i would also like to see a VBET sort of thing so maybe the CP betting wont occur. i am not sure on the price of these programs and i dont want to put a fincial burden on Tned. I think it brings alot to the boards when we get bored. I know alot of people dont like the CP thing, but if they dont have that it willend up with post count as who is cool or not. leave it up to us fans to be so superficial. But in the end i could live with it either way.

and with the final verdict ill be here eithe rway.

KCL
09-06-2007, 11:28 PM
No CP system needed...IMO...This board is doing great

with out them.

anton...
09-06-2007, 11:35 PM

with out them.

:dito:

Watchthemiddle
09-07-2007, 12:00 AM
If we were to ever have them, I think it should be private as to how many each member has and that you don't gain any kind of status in earning them...ie: playmaker, all pro, captain ..etc.

dogfish
09-07-2007, 12:06 AM
no. . . there's no need. . . it's good in theory, but ends up being more drama than it's worth. . . in this new place where we're all starting as equals, let's judge people by their quality rather than their CPs. . .

i would be all in favor of the system if people used it as it was intended and gave out CPs to reward honest contributions to the board (i.e. good posts, or something comparable) rather than giving them out simply because they like certain people, for birthdays, bets, ets, but we all know that's not how it will work. . . they ended up being a BIG distraction on Bmania, let's not have that here! let people come (and come back) for the football discussion and the enjoyment of being around fellow fans and good people. . . and weed out the juveniles who want to hoard up CPs for whatever little ego gratification it gives them-- let's do what we can to keep the discussion level high here, the board will be better for it in the long run. . .

SBboundBRONCOS
09-07-2007, 12:07 AM
If we were to ever have them, I think it should be private as to how many each member has and that you don't gain any kind of status in earning them...ie: playmaker, all pro, captain ..etc.

that cool, i never really cared for the bars, but i just like knowing that i got some CP love from a friend, and they either enjoyed my post

but also, i know nothing about how these systems work, but is there a way to atumatically sign the CP if we did have it, that way you have to fess up to it no matter what you say, that would be a good idea

SR
09-07-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm saying no. One of the things about BM that made me most irritated was all of the "CP Bet" threads. We all know who the good posters are, we don't need CP to reflect that. We don't need a competition to see who can get the most CP.

This site is already awesome and we don't need to do anything that would tarnish its awesomeness.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-07-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm saying no. One of the things about BM that made me most irritated was all of the "CP Bet" threads. We all know who the good posters are, we don't need CP to reflect that. We don't need a competition to see who can get the most CP.

This site is already awesome and we don't need to do anything that would tarnish its awesomeness.

but that why private cps would be a good idea, noone would give them out for stupid bets and such because te point of having CP over on that other board was to gain respect, bars, and whatever else came with it, but they would have the recognition of a good post for there self enjoyment, kinda just to boost your ego i guess. i always liked reading my CPs i get and knowing what post i got them from

keithbishop
09-07-2007, 05:29 AM
Not needed.

Sure, they can lead to fascinating :rolleyes: discussions about "it's all a big popularity contest" and "CP brothels", but I can do without that.

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-07-2007, 06:19 AM
We should base the people here more on their knowledge of football then the size of their CP bars. That's the way I see it since in Broncomania it got out of hand with the board just being about CP's.

Nomad
09-07-2007, 09:15 AM
I guess if the majority like it, but I say no. Some people like having that status.

RBDynasty
09-07-2007, 09:44 AM
A rep system can be good if it's implemented and used correctly, but that's the problem... it's difficult to have one work right. I don't really care for one at the moment but if we do get one, I have a few suggestions:

Rep points CANNOT be given out anonymously
Begging for CPs in anyway (joking or serious, results in negative rep points)
Negative rep points can only be given out by MODs

Those are my suggestions at the moment. I might have more to add later.

Escobar
09-07-2007, 11:02 AM
i personally would love a cp system because:

1) i get instant gratification from passing them out
2) with pm's only, i'm not as likely to write someone if i like/dislike a post/thread
3) its fun to see where i'm earning them, too
4) they are like cyber hugs to me

:D

yes yes, i miss giving you a hug :D

Slick
09-07-2007, 11:05 AM
No thanks. Things here are going great. Let's keep it that way.

Slick
09-07-2007, 11:07 AM
I also thought the poll should have been yes or no. Let's take a stand and put this issue to bed one way or another.

OB
09-07-2007, 11:16 AM
There is another board - I cant remember whether it was the Mane or the graphics board (there is a link on BM) but they gave out points or something like points and the more you got the more of these little cool icons you got to pick from "the store" it was kinda like money- but the icons were all major sports teams, beer, drinks, a bunch of stuff and you had to pay so much to get one and to get the money you would have to get "points/dollars" from other members for your posts - so that way you can still hand out "gifts" but it doesnt have to be a ladder climbing contest to get into certain areas or to have certain capabilities

The icons get displayed under your user name - i thought it was cool - they had 420 related ones too ;) ;)

RunYouOver
09-07-2007, 10:25 PM
I think the results of this poll should be enough :)

Jody
09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
I voted 'no' on cps.

I'm all for rating threads/posts, and perhaps one idea someone had (sorry I cannot remember who now), that offered an idea from another board where you get icons.

Definitely "NO" on cp's.:cool:

OB
09-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I voted 'no' on cps.

I'm all for rating threads/posts, and perhaps one idea someone had (sorry I cannot remember who now), that offered an idea from another board where you get icons.

Definitely "NO" on cp's.:cool:

:wave:it was me :wave:it was me

I think its a good idea cause all you get is prizes (in the form of icons) I know the more icons you have the more "popular" you are but it gets rid of all the special forum thing and all the extras for reaching a certain point

Lets make a poll about this?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2007, 10:37 PM
This board is fine without CPs, but I think it would be fun to implement something different if we could find something that everyone could agree on.

Jody
09-07-2007, 10:40 PM
:wave:it was me :wave:it was me

I think its a good idea cause all you get is prizes (in the form of icons) I know the more icons you have the more "popular" you are but it gets rid of all the special forum thing and all the extras for reaching a certain point

Lets make a poll about this?

Sure, make a thread with a poll about the icons vs cps.

Also, another good thing is you can't receive negative icons....right? :D

God knows we don't need to here whining about getting negged. That was a good idea you posted about. It will be interested in knowing if anyone else would like the idea too. Go make your thread OB! I'll be your first voter! :D

OB
09-07-2007, 10:41 PM
although i think implenting a rule, if we implent a system, should not include bets - its should be your contribution to the board - which to each individual means something different but the betting for CPs etc is lame

Jody
09-07-2007, 10:48 PM
although i think implenting a rule, if we implent a system, should not include bets - its should be your contribution to the board - which to each individual means something different but the betting for CPs etc is lame

We'll be implementing a system with rules, we (advisory board) is in the process of discussing that. We are taking our time and it's hard to get us all on here at one time to discuss it. There's many, many details to consider. There's also liabilities to be considered, which most posters probably don't really think too much about, or perhaps even care too much about (possibly).

I did the CP bet one time.....and I was being foolish. I bet against the Sooners for NE Cornhuskers. Remember that last fall? *smacking self* However, it gave me a good idea of just exactly how lame those bets were and the poster frenzy over retrieving the cps they won. There were way too many that reminded me of screaming girls at a hot concert. :rolleyes: I think that aided in depleting the whole idea of the cp system, and watched the arguments from those ---- yowzer!

SR
09-07-2007, 10:56 PM
If a CP system were used to acknowledge good, thought out, analytical posts without the use of "CP Bets" and other stupid stuff that goes on at BM, I might be for it. But, the problem is that as this site grows and more people join, that stuff is bound to be a problem.

Negs should be given by mods only for posts that violate the COC, not by posters who earn enough CP and just give a neg for something that was said that they disagree with.

If any thread turns in to a CP Bet, it should be deleted.

CP HAVE to be signed by the person giving them.

A ranking system like at BM should not be used. It gives incentive (sp?) to a "good ole boys club". Granted, even at BM I always got CP from mostly the same people who already had WAY more than I did and it helped me to get 10 bars in just more than a year, but that's not what I'm about and that's probably not what most of us are about.

If we use a CP system, the intent should be to reward good posters with points so that other posters here, whether it be vets of the board or new comers, know who to turn to with questions or what ever.

I would hate to see a CP system turn in to a competition like it is over at BM because to me that isn't what it should be about...

fcspikeit
09-08-2007, 02:01 AM
I am for a CP system One that can be turned off for anyone that don't want it. I don't like the idea of having forums locked off for new members. But I want a reputation system. I also don't see what is wrong with having points you can bet with? We can have board contribution points and bet reputation points.

We can use the board contribution points to give to those who contribute to the board with good post's, making other board member's sig's. stuff like that. We can use the bet points for those who win in bets, pickum games and that sort of thing.

I wrote a lot about this in another thread. If this is going to be the official thread then I will repost it here.

Also, I just found the Religious and politics forums so I don't want a neggy system at all! :D The neggy system will only lead to trouble!

I like The CP system! Here is why.

1st Lets face it, we are not all equal. some people have a lot to say and get reworded for their input. Others just have a lot to say :D That's why when you look at someone with several thousand post's and they have few bars you know they like to talk, but that don't mean people like to listen to what they have to say. On the other hand, if someone don't have as many post's but a lot of bars you know they don't say much but when they talk its because they have something to say.

It's really about acceptance isn't it? I was negged once on BM and I didn't like the fact someone had more power then me and could do that and I could not. But the truth is, after spending time on the board I could really see why those with all the bars had that power. They really where the best posters. That don't mean I always agreed with them, but the truth is they were respected over their and they earned the right to be seen as that by contributing to the board.

Even the bets, if you pick a game right what is wrong with being reworded with that? How about when people make a sig for you. If there is no CP then you have nothing to offer them. They are contributing to the board because they are doing something for the other members.

It is true it does turn into a popularity contest but what is wrong with wanting to be popular and show you have the respect of those you respect?

Even those that get points because they ding people. If this board is for the members then if the members want to reword someone for that shouldn't they have the right? If that group is in the minority then there will be little points given for that. If it is not in the minority then that is the voice of the members on this board. If you want respect from people like that you can either conform or live with the fact you are in the minority.

I can see the reasoning behind not having a negging system though. IMO A lot of hard feeling came from that. Even though I talked with the person who gave me the neg and he ended up giving me a positive. Most did not care enough about why they got the neg to do that.

I also seen and herd of a couple who got negged because someone didn't like their rhyme and or because they where fans of another team. IMO that is BS! The worst thing was the person that got negged had a bad outlook on Broncos fans because of it. Because of that I would say no to neggs.

In closing, We have to remember, those who are seen as special because they have a lot of bars where not given that by the owner of the site. They where given that by the members on the board. If a member on the board don't want to give any out then they don't have too. Why should all those who want to not have the right just because some don't?

Even if its split 50/50 those who want nothing to do with it have that right. Why should those who want it not have the right? That seems to me to be the only fair way of doing it. If you don't allow it because half don't want it then your only catering to half the members on this board.

No Matter the reason people want it. Who are those who can say that is a bad reason? If this board really is for the members by the members then it should be allowed. If people don't want anything to do with getting CP's then they should be able to turn it off so they can't receive them.

Win, win for everyone! :beer:

Another thing,

Yes we can acknowledge someones post in public. But every member that does not see the thread has no idea of what the poster means to the board.

It is like saying thank you for being such a good member and offering so much to this board. When others see their rating they can tell they have offered a lot to the board and they are important members. If you disagree with them you can bet a lot of other members disagree with you.

If you really believe we should be equal on this board, then you should agree Those who want to give out points should equally have the right to give them as you equally have the right not to give them.

What is wrong with showing your popularity? This whole thread is about popularity, Tned is trying to figure out what the popular opinion is on this subject.

It don't make since to say we need to do away with the popularity system when the the whole point of this forum is to be set up around the popular opinion. :beer:

I just thought of something, Tned you should put this to a vote. Do you have that here? If not I always liked the poll's at BM. It is a good way to get the voice of the members. Knowing some members will not post if what they where going to say has already been said.

Thanks for checking in

I don't think you should force people to use a points system. But what is wrong with giving people the option? You could set it so that people could turn it off. I know a lot of people like the idea of just posting when you agree with someones point.

People can do that and should be allowed. But it will ad a lot of extra post's to a thread. When I see a thread has 5 + pages I do not read them all. I normaly read the first and last page :) So a lot of post's just get lost in the middle. Some might say so what? But I think most would agree, they post because they feel they have something to say and they want people to read it.

IMO here is another good reason for a point system,

The new members confirm to gain acceptance. If there vulgar behaviour is not paying off, normaly people will change to be more excepted by the other members if they have something to gain from doing so. If there is no system then there really is no difference between the poster who only post's to cause trouble then the poster who has something to offer to the discussion.

I for one see a huge difference and like the ability to reword someone for their positive contribution to the discussion

melissAnn
09-08-2007, 08:06 AM

with out them.

:dito: I don't think its needed- in fact I like it better without. If I want to tell someone I like there post I will pm them- same goes if I really disagree.

Tned
09-08-2007, 08:58 AM
ok guys this is a topic of hot discussion right now in thos forum.

as it stands right now there is no official CPs, the questions are

would you like a CP system and what type if yes

voice your opinion here so Tned can have it easily at hand :salute:

np stands for no preference

Since this thread was created, it would be good if we restricted all CP ideas/talks to only this one, so that we don't miss anything. Even if you responded in the other CP/Reputation threads, chime in again here, so it is all in one place.

I know some systems that other boards have used have been talked about. Short term, we may or may not be able to implement anything that isn't right 'out of the box' in terms of a CP system. I would have to look at it. The 'out of the box' sytem is going to be pretty much along the lines of what the Mane has, based on what I know now.

I look forward to reading more discussion about the pros and cons.

KCL
09-08-2007, 09:59 AM
We'll be implementing a system with rules, we (advisory board) is in the process of discussing that.

so there is something in the works?

Jody
09-08-2007, 10:18 AM
so there is something in the works?

Yep! We are all listening to you all, as a whole, and taking that into consideration, as well as, debating between ourselves all the pros and cons of each. We are not at a point to vote yet, we are in the mode of retrieving opinions from all the posters here, overall. We are also trying to look down the road a bit and how it will effect this board a few years from now with a lot more members. We are weighing out what we've seen occur on other boards as well. It's something the advisory board wants to take it's time on discussing and not rush into making a decision.

KCL
09-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Yep! We are all listening to you all, as a whole, and taking that into consideration, as well as, debating between ourselves all the pros and cons of each. We are not at a point to vote yet, we are in the mode of retrieving opinions from all the posters here, overall. We are also trying to look down the road a bit and how it will effect this board a few years from now with a lot more members. We are weighing out what we've seen occur on other boards as well. It's something the advisory board wants to take it's time on discussing and not rush into making a decision.

OH BOY! YIPEE! ;)

dogfish
09-08-2007, 10:45 AM

just say no. . .

:cool:

Retired_Member_001
09-08-2007, 11:18 AM
I think a rating system for posters would be good but honestly it runs the risk of killing the board.

I doubt that posters wont be able to live without a CP system but I doubt posters WILL be able to live without a good place to discuss Broncos football/ or other stuff.

Just my opinion.

SmithOverTO
09-08-2007, 12:14 PM
I think a rating system for posters would be good but honestly it runs the risk of killing the board.

I doubt that posters wont be able to live without a CP system but I doubt posters WILL be able to live without a good place to discuss Broncos football/ or other stuff.

Just my opinion.

To go along with that, I've truly enjoyed the CP system on the "other" site. But I also know it has serious flaws (anonymous jerks, negs gave too much power to a few unreliable posters etc)

I would like something along the lines of a five-star system. So you can review your posters as you would your movies :laugh:

Nomad
09-08-2007, 01:13 PM
We'll be implementing a system with rules, we (advisory board) is in the process of discussing that. We are taking our time and it's hard to get us all on here at one time to discuss it. There's many, many details to consider. There's also liabilities to be considered, which most posters probably don't really think too much about, or perhaps even care too much about (possibly).

I did the CP bet one time.....and I was being foolish. I bet against the Sooners for NE Cornhuskers. Remember that last fall? *smacking self* However, it gave me a good idea of just exactly how lame those bets were and the poster frenzy over retrieving the cps they won. There were way too many that reminded me of screaming girls at a hot concert. :rolleyes: I think that aided in depleting the whole idea of the cp system, and watched the arguments from those ---- yowzer!

I know this a different subject but whose on this advisory board and how were they chosen and will this be an elected position every year. And when this final decision is made will the community get to vote whether or not they want this CP system or anything else, or is this advisory board going to do all the decision making?

DenBronx
09-08-2007, 01:23 PM
I have a great idea TNED

visit this web page....www.sherdog.com

this is a mixed martial arts forum that has a lot of traffic, some of you might have been there before. what they use is not the cp system but they do a belt color change. you start out at white belt and the more you post your belt color changes. you can post all the way up to black belt i believe.

well what if we implemented that here at broncoforums? not the belt color but something simular like an icon of a football that changed colors. maybe start with regular football and go , bronze, silver, gold and then platinum. maybe change the color every 1000 post???

just a thought

Jody
09-08-2007, 01:43 PM
I know this a different subject but whose on this advisory board and how were they chosen and will this be an elected position every year. And when this final decision is made will the community get to vote whether or not they want this CP system or anything else, or is this advisory board going to do all the decision making?

This small, handful of posters was asked by tned to either be a mod or on the advisory board. You can read his thread that is tacked above the introduce yourself forum within the forum at the top of all threads, and that will tell you how it started out. Then from this small, handful of people tned has chosen, we are discussing and voting on extending that base of staff out, decisions made by a majority vote within this group. I do not see that the mods or advisory board will ever be elected by the posters, as that could be another ugly popularity contest. Keep in mind, tned started out this board. He has put in hundreds of hours of his time and his money to get this up and running, and there are continuous costs involved. There are several goals we have as the staff. Our goal, once we get up to adequate staff, is to separate out the moderating staff from the advisory board. Thus, all rules, regulations, etc would have to be voted on by the advisory board, including a suspension or banning, so we can fairly weigh out the situation. Once those are voted on and decided, tned will post the final outcome. Anything prior to that spoken, would definitely be premature and inaccurate.

Jody
09-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Well, the thread used to be there. I'm not sure exactly where it went. Sorry, I didn't know it was taken off. That's okay....when tned's available, maybe he will explain. :D

Nomad
09-08-2007, 02:14 PM
This small, handful of posters was asked by tned to either be a mod or on the advisory board. You can read his thread that is tacked above the introduce yourself forum within the forum at the top of all threads, and that will tell you how it started out. Then from this small, handful of people tned has chosen, we are discussing and voting on extending that base of staff out, decisions made by a majority vote within this group. I do not see that the mods or advisory board will ever be elected by the posters, as that could be another ugly popularity contest. Keep in mind, tned started out this board. He has put in hundreds of hours of his time and his money to get this up and running, and there are continuous costs involved. There are several goals we have as the staff. Our goal, once we get up to adequate staff, is to separate out the moderating staff from the advisory board. Thus, all rules, regulations, etc would have to be voted on by the advisory board, including a suspension or banning, so we can fairly weigh out the situation. Once those are voted on and decided, tned will post the final outcome. Anything prior to that spoken, would definitely be premature and inaccurate.

I understand what tned has done and he's gotten much gratitude and it's his board and he can do what he wants. All I asked is who is on the advisory board. And maybe under their username they can put that they are an advisory board member, but I see alot of posters here who complained in BM their voices weren't heard through the polls. I think the CP issue should be voted on by the community and not just a panel of 'X' amount of people vote on the issue, this will be handling the issue the same way BM has handled their issues, a handful of people making the decisions and ignoring the posters of this community.

RunYouOver
09-08-2007, 02:35 PM
The problem with a ranking by posts is that it encourages spam.

If someone's sitting at 92 posts, with nothing else to talk about, and a "status change" is at 100, they may make 8 garbage posts.

I don't mind it that much, especially if it's controlled.

Jody
09-08-2007, 03:12 PM

If someone's sitting at 92 posts, with nothing else to talk about, and a "status change" is at 100, they may make 8 garbage posts.

That's a good point to consider, RYO.

dogfish
09-08-2007, 03:20 PM

seriously. . . . ANY type of ranking system, certain people will eventually turn into some type of competition. . . whether it's footballs, stars, icons, whatever-- those may seem novel now because they're different, but in time it'll turn into the same old thing it was on Bmania. . .

why do we need any kind of rank system at all?? even after this place expands beyond us Bmania members who all know each other, anyone who spends any amount of time here will get to know which posters they like and respect-- why put any type of "rep" system in place to influence people's opinions? let every post stand on it's own merits! IMO that's by far the best, most honest approach. . . i just don't understand why any type of system at all is needed, or even wanted. . . if we have a high level of discussion, shouldn't that be good enough for everyone? the board shouldn't NEED any added incentives to keep people coming back!

Jody
09-08-2007, 03:28 PM
I understand what tned has done and he's gotten much gratitude and it's his board and he can do what he wants. All I asked is who is on the advisory board. And maybe under their username they can put that they are an advisory board member, but I see alot of posters here who complained in BM their voices weren't heard through the polls. I think the CP issue should be voted on by the community and not just a panel of 'X' amount of people vote on the issue, this will be handling the issue the same way BM has handled their issues, a handful of people making the decisions and ignoring the posters of this community.

Well, right now for admin, mods, and advisory board we have: BroncoMtnMan, Topscribe, Denver Native, JRWiz, HW, and Tnednator. If I left anyone out, my apologies.

I like your idea on having moderator, admin, or advisory board under the name of the poster and they will all read this thread eventually and we can discuss that and vote on it together not too far down the road. Makes a whole lot of sense to me and it makes it clear to everyone who is who and who does what. All of this will make a lot more sense to everyone once we conclude what we want for all the rules across the board, as I know tned's planning on posting them once completed and agreed on.

As far as your feelings on what should happen on this board with how the decision comes for having cp's or not, I'll not comment on that for the time being, as all of the staff have their own feelings on that and I can't speak for anyone and won't for myself on that issue right now. Other than to say, posters opinions are definitely being kept on the table, and that is a huge part of the picture.

Nomad
09-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Well, right now for admin, mods, and advisory board we have: BroncoMtnMan, Topscribe, Denver Native, JRWiz, HW, and Tnednator. If I left anyone out, my apologies.

I like your idea on having moderator, admin, or advisory board under the name of the poster and they will all read this thread eventually and we can discuss that and vote on it together not too far down the road. Makes a whole lot of sense to me and it makes it clear to everyone who is who and who does what. All of this will make a lot more sense to everyone once we conclude what we want for all the rules across the board, as I know tned's planning on posting them once completed and agreed on.

As far as your feelings on what should happen on this board with how the decision comes for having cp's or not, I'll not comment on that for the time being, as all of the staff have their own feelings on that and I can't speak for anyone and won't for myself on that issue right now. Other than to say, posters opinions are definitely being kept on the table, and that is a huge part of the picture.

Nice to know HW! And thanks for the names! Can I make one more suggestion and I'll shut up:D. I'd like to see a couple younger posters on that advisory board. We have some fine young people here and I know a few who are intelligent and mature enough to sit on the board! Not saying the older crowd is bad, but it would seem a little balanced and good experience for them. Good luck on the decision making and this is going to be a great community.

KCL
09-08-2007, 03:57 PM
seriously. . . . ANY type of ranking system, certain people will eventually turn into some type of competition. . . whether it's footballs, stars, icons, whatever-- those may seem novel now because they're different, but in time it'll turn into the same old thing it was on Bmania. . .

why do we need any kind of rank system at all?? even after this place expands beyond us Bmania members who all know each other, anyone who spends any amount of time here will get to know which posters they like and respect-- why put any type of "rep" system in place to influence people's opinions? let every post stand on it's own merits! IMO that's by far the best, most honest approach. . . i just don't understand why any type of system at all is needed, or even wanted. . . if we have a high level of discussion, shouldn't that be good enough for everyone? the board shouldn't NEED any added incentives to keep people coming back!

you said exactly what I am thinking....like I stated...isn't this board up and running good w/o any kind of CP system.I won't go into details with my concerns as Tned and I talked about that one night.

RunYouOver
09-08-2007, 04:04 PM

Just keep in mind that this board was created as a fan board because Broncomania didn't always listen to the posters.

I really think that whatever the mods and advisers come up with will be a good idea, just be sure to listen to how the posters here react.

Looking at the poll results here, it seems the majority are opposed to the idea of a CP system, nearly 2:1 voting in saying that. But, I don't think people would flip out if something was introduced. Just be sure to explain it thoroughly, and give us a chance to react to it. If the majority are still opposed to whatever is proposed...then you guys should know what to do.;)

Jody
09-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Just keep in mind that this board was created as a fan board because Broncomania didn't always listen to the posters.

I really think that whatever the mods and advisers come up with will be a good idea, just be sure to listen to how the posters here react.

Looking at the poll results here, it seems the majority are opposed to the idea of a CP system, nearly 2:1 voting in saying that. But, I don't think people would flip out if something was introduced. Just be sure to explain it thoroughly, and give us a chance to react to it. If the majority are still opposed to whatever is proposed...then you guys should know what to do.;)

I think we are all on the same page, RYO, thank you for your post. And we both know, no matter how much we listen, or follow majority vote, there will always be a few posters who feel we left them out, didn't hear their voices, don't care, etc. On the contrary, that could be the farthest from the truth. The one HUGE difference from this board and BM???? This belongs to Tnedator and the Fans, Steve did not own that board and had others to answer to above him. I think we are all at an advantage here, personally, or I wouldn't have agreed to be a part of this team. Honestly, I have enough jobs I do for free, but this was a special opportunity to assist in the creation of a fun board from the ground up, and with some awesome fellow posters to work with as well.

I think your advise about keeping posters informed is a very thoughtful idea and one that we have all discussed in our meetings. Yet, we cannot talk about all the 'possibilities' (because there are literally millions), we will present the final plan, and then we can listen to the feedback and go from there. We have already been reading and responding the best we can, to this point. Remember, the board has only been up for about 8-9 days now, and all spur of the moment. :D

We'll get to the point most posters hope to, I feel confident about that.

Jody
09-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Nice to know HW! And thanks for the names! Can I make one more suggestion and I'll shut up:D. I'd like to see a couple younger posters on that advisory board. We have some fine young people here and I know a few who are intelligent and mature enough to sit on the board! Not saying the older crowd is bad, but it would seem a little balanced and good experience for them. Good luck on the decision making and this is going to be a great community.

I can't see us turning away suggestions, but we do already have a few in mind, a couple of youthful ones as well. Yes, I agree, we need a broad range of ages and viewpoints, and a majority vote doesn't hurt either.

Don't ever feel like you can't talk about it, Nomad. Get it off your chest what bothered you at the other board and what your hopes are for another board. None of us feel offended by any of that. We just know that someone's going to come out of this unhappy, because we will not be able to appease each individual. That is the reason for the polls and us reading all the posts. Each of us here have been shut-down before, and we all know how that feels. Thanks again for your post Nomad!

RunYouOver
09-08-2007, 08:32 PM
I think we are all on the same page, RYO, thank you for your post. And we both know, no matter how much we listen, or follow majority vote, there will always be a few posters who feel we left them out, didn't hear their voices, don't care, etc. On the contrary, that could be the farthest from the truth. The one HUGE difference from this board and BM???? This belongs to Tnedator and the Fans, Steve did not own that board and had others to answer to above him. I think we are all at an advantage here, personally, or I wouldn't have agreed to be a part of this team. Honestly, I have enough jobs I do for free, but this was a special opportunity to assist in the creation of a fun board from the ground up, and with some awesome fellow posters to work with as well.

I think your advise about keeping posters informed is a very thoughtful idea and one that we have all discussed in our meetings. Yet, we cannot talk about all the 'possibilities' (because there are literally millions), we will present the final plan, and then we can listen to the feedback and go from there. We have already been reading and responding the best we can, to this point. Remember, the board has only been up for about 8-9 days now, and all spur of the moment. :D

We'll get to the point most posters hope to, I feel confident about that.

Thanks for the response, HW :beer:

broncosfanscott
09-08-2007, 09:13 PM
While it was nice to receive them for posts that other members liked I haven't really missed or thought about them since I have been a member. I voted no on the CP system because to me it's no big deal that there isn't one here. However, if one was implemented that most of the people here were in favor of that would be fine. I like what SBboundBRONCOS said about having private CPs so each member would know what others thought of their posts yet not known to everyone. It is nice to know what others think about what you said, yet if there wasn't one at all I would be fine with it.

sneakers
09-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Not needed.

Sure, they can lead to fascinating :rolleyes: discussions about "it's all a big popularity contest" and "CP brothels", but I can do without that.

We won't be able to say "CP Brothel" without a CP system!!

Chica_Ang
09-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Well, after reading input from everyone, I still like the idea of "contribution" something. Something personal. Why? That is one of the fun things I really enjoy. I understand about using posts to do the same thing, but it isn't the same thing. I honestly can't remember every thread I've replied to. Yes, I know I can subscribe to threads, but i don't feel like reading every thread I replied to to see if someone has replied to me. I can't be the only person lazy like this. :D

It seems that people are wary of "hierarchy". Naturally I think people become favorites, even in life. This forum isn't any different. It will take more effort on everyone's part for this forum to work as a collective. We just need to be patient with each other.

Could there be some system where we can "give" something, but doesn't necessarily accumulate? thank you.

DenBronx
09-11-2007, 01:55 AM
did anyone not think the football symbol was cool?

or was it lame and im a total moron for thinking so?

SR
09-11-2007, 02:06 AM
a couple of youthful ones as well.

:wave:

:elefant:

Day1BroncoFan
09-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Don't need CP's, didn't come here to get them. CP’s aren’t going to make me like it more or less unless the inevitable arguments start, then I won’t like it.

I say NO CP's!

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-12-2007, 07:55 PM

with out them.I agree with you KC,everyone on this board is a good poster, "cp system is not needed".This board has all the best posters in the world.

I really enjoy all of you! :salute:

No CPs needed on this board

Tned
09-15-2007, 10:29 PM
did anyone not think the football symbol was cool?

or was it lame and im a total moron for thinking so?

What football symbol?

DenBronx
09-15-2007, 11:29 PM
What football symbol?

i posted it on page 1...more towards the bottom. look at www.sherdog.com
they have the same concept but its a belt that changes colors the more you post. anyway i thinks its pretty cool and doesnt involve cps.

OB
09-16-2007, 01:07 AM
its nice to know i get listened to as much - as bm - i thought i had a good idea with earning icons u can place unders your av/title

they can be for longevity only

Tned
09-16-2007, 07:26 AM
i posted it on page 1...more towards the bottom. look at www.sherdog.com
they have the same concept but its a belt that changes colors the more you post. anyway i thinks its pretty cool and doesnt involve cps.

Sorry for missing that. The last few days have really been the first time I have been able to start reading threads/posts on a regular basis. Between the forum startup issues that were non-stop for a couple weeks, and then being out of town for work last weekend (Thurs-Mon), I'm way behind on posts.

I just went and looked at that.

Basing things (title, symbol, etc.) on post count also could have some negative, the biggest being that forums that do that sometimes people that post just to raise their post count. You see posts that say, "only 3 more to 1,000", "Only 2 more posts fo 1,000" "My 1,000 Post....!!!!!"

Just throwing that out as a possible negative to post count based (which I think is the most common in forums) ranks.

Tned
09-16-2007, 07:27 AM
its nice to know i get listened to as much - as bm - i thought i had a good idea with earning icons u can place unders your av/title

they can be for longevity only

See my post above this one, below yours. I just have not had time to follow ANY threads fully, due to forum and work responsibilities. Hopeing that will be different from this point forward and am trying to catch up.

Astrass
09-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't mind.....not sure I was thrilled about not having access to certain parts of the forums like BM.

:defense:

Tned
09-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Could there be some system where we can "give" something, but doesn't necessarily accumulate? thank you.

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to both respond to this and bump this thread.

Specifically, in response to Chica's question, I am researching what options we actually have, such as a way to 'give' something, without any points accumulating.

So, we are looking into all of the options, and have also read the posts in this thread (and a couple others before it), which show that most people either don't want a system or could take it or leave it, so we are trying to see what options there are, such as can we implement a system that didn't have the bad features associated with CP on BM.

TXBRONC
09-18-2007, 07:45 AM
I've said this before but I'll say it again, it really doesn't matter to me so long as we don't go to the bland white background.

Lonestar
09-18-2007, 10:41 AM
I've said this before but I'll say it again, it really doesn't matter to me so long as we don't go to the bland white background.

YO, TX on my screen it was anything BUT BLAND. I think you have your B words mixed up.

Blinding perhaps, bland NO.

underrated29
09-18-2007, 11:45 AM
I DONT HAVE THE TIME to read through all the pages so i might be repeating some here, but my take is this.

i like the cps. as we know over at bm i was not the posting fav, i was not well known, and still not really. i dont care though, i post when i want, or to add something new, or speak my mind- otherwise i'm just cathing up on the broncos. i like it though because when i read something funny or good or etc. i dont want to make a reply 3 pages later telling them lol or whatever.

and the only other thing i like about them is for payment- for example showoff, he is like one of a few sig makers on board here, and quite a few peole have requested his services, now i know he likes to make them as its like a hobby, but that many people and that many sigs is a lot, and he has a life too. so i would like to say thanks with some cps for the hardwork.

if we go no cp- i really wont care, those are just the couple of things i like about them.

hope i wasnt to repetative

UnderArmour
09-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Add CPs but add no special rewards for gaining CP bars(No Locker Room). They are great as a form of currency for bets etc but bad for determining which users get what. This eliminates many potential problems that could be caused by CPs while still allowing us to have them.

Reidman
09-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Well, I have to say there have been numerous times now since posting here where I've wanted to give CP (or similar) to very good posts. I also think that most who are here are mature, responsible posters who would not take advantage of or allow a contribution systme to ruin the board.

In reality, maybe it's the giving part that attracts us to the system in the first place. I know I wouldn't really care about receiving them but I don't like that I can't reward someone for an exceptional post.

Tned
09-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Well, I have to say there have been numerous times now since posting here where I've wanted to give CP (or similar) to very good posts. I also think that most who are here are mature, responsible posters who would not take advantage of or allow a contribution systme to ruin the board.

In reality, maybe it's the giving part that attracts us to the system in the first place. I know I wouldn't really care about receiving them but I don't like that I can't reward someone for an exceptional post.

Hopefully tomorrow, I will be posting information on a proposed system that we have been working on.

DenBronx
09-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Sorry for missing that. The last few days have really been the first time I have been able to start reading threads/posts on a regular basis. Between the forum startup issues that were non-stop for a couple weeks, and then being out of town for work last weekend (Thurs-Mon), I'm way behind on posts.

I just went and looked at that.

Basing things (title, symbol, etc.) on post count also could have some negative, the biggest being that forums that do that sometimes people that post just to raise their post count. You see posts that say, "only 3 more to 1,000", "Only 2 more posts fo 1,000" "My 1,000 Post....!!!!!"

Just throwing that out as a possible negative to post count based (which I think is the most common in forums) ranks.

yeah you have a point...then people get all nerdy about it.

Tned
09-22-2007, 05:00 PM
I am closing this thread, as there is a proposed recognition/contribution system located in the following thread:

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2123