PDA

View Full Version : Grade the 2009 Broncos- WR's/TE's

broncofaninfla
01-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Grade the 2009 Broncos- WR's/TE's. Grade only the 2009 campaign, odds are Marshall won't be back in 2010 but there are plenty of other threads covering that topic.

sneakers
01-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Pretty good considering that they weren't allowed to run patterns beyond 9 yards.

CoachChaz
01-06-2010, 09:01 AM
I'll go with B. Orton's choices seemed iffy and his fear of throwing the ball down field or to guys not named Marshall inhibited most of them.

If i graded the corps based on the first 6 games, i'd give an A. After that, Marshall gets an A...the rest a C.

Dirk
01-06-2010, 09:24 AM
I give them a B.

I think with the play calling they each did their part. BMarsh was a beast and the others filled their role.

broncofaninfla
01-06-2010, 09:30 AM
I'll go with a B. Marshall was a beast and was easily our best playmaker. Gaffeny stepped up when called upon, Royal didn't produce as well as he did in his first year. Stokely's number wasn't called much but made a few clutch plays for us. I felt Sheff was solid and was surprised with Grahams inlovement, no sign of Quinn. As a whole I was concerned about our WR's ability to get seperation at times but feel that was more scheme related. Would have loved to see the WR's run deeper routes, felt the dink and dunk played a huge role in our running game being so bad this year as the 8 in the box could play the pass and run. All in all I was happy with this group though, they seemed to do what was asked of them, just wished they were asked to be more aggresive.

e-Lou-sive1
01-06-2010, 09:49 AM
I would have to give the receivers a B based on the fact that they can only do their best with a Qb that has trouble throwing the ball where only they can catch it.Marshall did his best and made plays after the catch,Stokely has proven to be an efficient clutch receiver Scheffler ,Royal ,Gaffney and others have proven themselves as well.Prior to the bye week Orton had been throwing short conservative passes once McD opened up the playbook to more intricate routes then Orton became a hit or miss Qb.Once the Ravens shut down our short passing game and stop our runs cold dead then we became one dimensional exposing ourselves for everybody to take advantage of no fault to our great receiving corp which will probably be depleted next season.