PDA

View Full Version : what i think about rebuilding

#1bmarshfan
02-24-2008, 03:16 PM
its a waste of ttime whats the point in even showing up to the game if u know your probly not gonna win. misewell go for it every year and do what you gotta do each year just waht i think

Day1BroncoFan
02-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Huh?

shank
02-24-2008, 03:20 PM
i disagree wholeheartedly.

we should be proud as fans that a 7-9 season indicates that we are rebuilding. and that's what we're doing, especially if the team sticks to the idea of building through the draft more.

i couldn't stand having a team that aims for a one year shot at a championship and has a team left in shambles afterwards (2005 raiders, a shining example of what you say you want out of the broncos).

give me a chance to be in the mix every year, knowing that if a couple of things go your way, you could easily come home with a trophy.

Stand Ablaze
02-24-2008, 03:20 PM
What the hell?

dogfish
02-24-2008, 03:52 PM
umm. . . . yea!

this guy starts a lot of threads, doesn't he?

Bronco9798
02-24-2008, 03:55 PM

we should be proud as fans that a 7-9 season indicates that we are rebuilding. and that's what we're doing, especially if the team sticks to the idea of building through the draft more.

i couldn't stand having a team that aims for a one year shot at a championship and has a team left in shambles afterwards (2005 raiders, a shining example of what you say you want out of the broncos).

give me a chance to be in the mix every year, knowing that if a couple of things go your way, you could easily come home with a trophy.

Ask Shanahan and the front office if they started the season last year thinking they were in a rebuilding year. Ask him that same question when camp opens this year. We've just not won. The Broncos go in every season thinking one thing and that's making the playoffs and the Super Bowl. There is no planned rebuilding in Denver. Just because we had a horrible season doesn't mean they went into the season trying to rebuild and not win.

hamrob
02-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Shanny and team will build to win now. That doesn't mean the approach won't change to more of an emphasis on younger players with more upside. It all depends on how it comes together on the field...chemistry.

Having said this. I hope and pray that McFadden falls to us at 12. I'd love to trade the 12th pick to the Cowboys for their two #1's and next years #1. We'd be able to stack up on young studs quickly.

shank
02-24-2008, 04:06 PM
umm. . . . yea!

this guy starts a lot of threads, doesn't he?

like it's going out of style... (only problem is, threads like this went out of style a long time ago)

Hoshdude7
02-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Shanny and team will build to win now. That doesn't mean the approach won't change to more of an emphasis on younger players with more upside. It all depends on how it comes together on the field...chemistry.

Having said this. I hope and pray that McFadden falls to us at 12. I'd love to trade the 12th pick to the Cowboys for their two #1's and next years #1. We'd be able to stack up on young studs quickly.

You really think they would do that?

Lonestar
02-24-2008, 10:07 PM

Mcafaden after today will go in the top five if not #1.. I heard on the radio today that jerry is moving to secure him..

hamrob
02-24-2008, 10:15 PM
McFadden is a playmaker...no doubt. But is he Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson? I think he's more like Bush...with the potential of Marcus Allen. Lot's of questions about those toothpicks. He could fall to us...unlikely...but there's been talk. If he gets down to 10-12 Jones will be tearing up the phone lines!

Lonestar
02-24-2008, 10:18 PM
McFadden is a playmaker...no doubt. But is he Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson? I think he's more like Bush...with the potential of Marcus Allen. Lot's of questions about those toothpicks. He could fall to us...unlikely...but there's been talk. If he gets down to 10-12 Jones will be tearing up the phone lines!

Jerry is moving heaven and earth to nail it down now.. And he will notget out of the top 5 anyway.. In DALLAS he will be great with all those hogs on the OLINE..

jlarsiii
02-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Jerry is moving heaven and earth to nail it down now.. And he will notget out of the top 5 anyway.. In DALLAS he will be great with all those hogs on the OLINE..

As long as he doesn't have to run between the tackles. Now, I admit that I didn't get to see many Arkansas games the past few seasons but from what I did catch all of his runs that were productive were to the edges. I don't recall him reeling off big runs between the tackles.

That would be my only concern with him if he ends up falling into our laps in the draft (which I don't think will happen).

Lonestar
02-24-2008, 10:59 PM
As long as he doesn't have to run between the tackles. Now, I admit that I didn't get to see many Arkansas games the past few seasons but from what I did catch all of his runs that were productive were to the edges. I don't recall him reeling off big runs between the tackles.

That would be my only concern with him if he ends up falling into our laps in the draft (which I don't think will happen).

I heard his interview with one of the NFL guys..

Said he was tough enough to run between the tackles. Not having seen him at all I thought it would be a good back for someone..

But moments later I hear the radio say that Jerry was having an orgasm because of his 40 speed and was trying to make a deal right now..

Bronco4ever
02-24-2008, 11:25 PM
its a waste of ttime whats the point in even showing up to the game if u know your probly not gonna win. misewell go for it every year and do what you gotta do each year just waht i think

So your definition of rebuilding is not giving it your all? I don't know if you have payed any attention to coach Shanahan, but that is not his state of mind. He coaches to win, not ***** foot around. Could you imagine if he told the guys in the locker room "Men, we are in a rebuilding year, so.... if you don't bust some ass, it's chill with me." Teams don't just tank a season for the hell of it. Some seasons, the ball just rarely bounces your way. Sometimes a team just doesn't have all the right pieces to the puzzle. Both of those are the story of the 07 Broncos.

BTW, for your own good, use some better grammar. I could hardly read your glob of words. Sentences are also a plus.

Day1BroncoFan
02-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Maybe we can play for the draft this year. :laugh:

Watchthemiddle
02-25-2008, 12:27 AM
There are teams that re-build, and there are teams that re-load.

We have tried re-loading for a few years now and its not working. It seems its making us go backwards.

If you re-load correctly, you should never go backwards. This trend has resulted in us now needing to re-build.

Hopefully we do it right with fresh young talent to build off our current young talent. If we don't, then this young talent we have will grow up in a constant state of re-building.

broncosfanscott
02-25-2008, 02:23 AM
There are teams that re-build, and there are teams that re-load.

We have tried re-loading for a few years now and its not working. It seems its making us go backwards.

If you re-load correctly, you should never go backwards. This trend has resulted in us now needing to re-build.

Hopefully we do it right with fresh young talent to build off our current young talent. If we don't, then this young talent we have will grow up in a constant state of re-building.

Yeah, we've tried one and found out that it doesn't work so now it is time to try something new. The last couple of drafts we seem to be moving in the right direction. Our re-loading would have looked better if it hadn't been for the injury bug that wouldn't leave town. Hopefully this year will be different so we can see what we can do with these guys the whole year.

WARHORSE
02-25-2008, 03:20 AM

7-9 doesnt mean we're rebuilding......huh?

It means we're LOSING.

Its the superbowl or bust, this year, and every year, and any team that goes into 'rebuilding' mode isnt worth a spit.

We dont rebuild around here. We gear up for a move to win the superbowl......PERIOD.

Everyone in rebuilding mode can go see my grandma for a quick kick in the nads to bring your thinking back around.

Rebuilding?

We talkin about REBUILDING?

REBUILDING???

SOMEONE WANTS TO 'REBUILD'????

We talkin about REBUILDING????

REBUILDING????

Grandma said kiss her butt if you think we're rebuilding, rebuildings for LOSERS.

MHCBill
02-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Some people are clueless...

lex
02-25-2008, 10:12 AM

His long TD run against Auburn last year and I believe his long TD run against LSU were also inside the tackles.

MHCBill
02-25-2008, 10:25 AM
its a waste of ttime whats the point in even showing up to the game if u know your probly not gonna win. misewell go for it every year and do what you gotta do each year just waht i thinkAnyone ever see the movie "The Rainmaker"?

Good flick...

Love that line from the insurance exec.

"You must be stupid, stupid, stupid."

Great line... don't ya think?

MOtorboat
02-25-2008, 10:34 AM

You don't run for 4,590 yards in the SEC without being tough.

BTW, if you're looking for stats, don't go to hogwired.com...their official site. It sucks.

HolyDiver
02-25-2008, 11:20 AM

You sound like a Colts fan...............You go to watch the Broncos play.............whether they win or lose.............period.

mclark
02-25-2008, 11:50 AM
In the world of free agency, you can rebuild VERY quickly, as long as you have a decent quarterback.

WARHORSE
02-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Some people are clueless...

Truly.............

Lonestar
02-25-2008, 01:56 PM
In the world of free agency, you can rebuild VERY quickly, as long as you have a decent quarterback.

But Pat says we no longer do that.. So unless mikey wants to be looking for a job next yer we will build via the draft..