LETS GeT hiM!!!!!!

Watchthemiddle
02-24-2008, 02:02 AM
LETS GeT hiM!!!!!!

WhO iS He?

shank
02-24-2008, 02:03 AM
WhO iS He?

WR from the saints. one trick pony. goes deep.

no thanks.

Watchthemiddle
02-24-2008, 02:13 AM
WR from the saints. one trick pony. goes deep.

no thanks.

Been there, done that...LELIE

Requiem / The Dagda
02-24-2008, 02:43 AM
What would it hurt to have a guy like Henderson on the team? Berrian, Henderson and Stallworth are deep route guys. He's not a #2 guy, he's a #3 receiver who can play the slot and do some damage. With Stokley at 32 years of age and coming off injury, he wouldn't be a bad investment. He'd be a nice guy on the team to have. We don't have deep speed, we need it.

shank
02-24-2008, 02:59 AM
What would it hurt to have a guy like Henderson on the team? Berrian, Henderson and Stallworth are deep route guys. He's not a #2 guy, he's a #3 receiver who can play the slot and do some damage. With Stokley at 32 years of age and coming off injury, he wouldn't be a bad investment. He'd be a nice guy on the team to have. We don't have deep speed, we need it.

i just think with the limited FA pool of receivers that he'll get paid like a guy who can do more than he's actually capable of. he'd be a nice weapon to have as a #4, someone to spell stokley, and a much better insurance policy than glenn martinez...

i say no thanks above as if it's 1 FA wr, then i'd much rather it be a more complete player (johnson, or at least hackett).

lex
02-24-2008, 03:13 AM
i just think with the limited FA pool of receivers that he'll get paid like a guy who can do more than he's actually capable of. he'd be a nice weapon to have as a #4, someone to spell stokley, and a much better insurance policy than glenn martinez...

i say no thanks above as if it's 1 FA wr, then i'd much rather it be a more complete player (johnson, or at least hackett).

The only thing it does is give us some flexibility in the draft but the overriding issue is cost and you make a winning point in this regard.

Requiem / The Dagda
02-24-2008, 03:25 AM
Everyone is overpriced in free agency. D-Hen isn't going to get a huge contract. He's probably going to get a couple million guaranteed. I could see four years, maybe ten million tops. Not much at all for a guy who has been a #2, and brings deep speed to our team.

Of course I'd prefer a guy like Johnson, (he will cost more) and then draft a guy who is a burner in say the fourth or fifth, but I'd take Henderson in FA, and then use a second or a third (if we got an extra pick) on a bigger WR.

Mix and match dude. :D

shank
02-24-2008, 03:28 AM
Everyone is overpriced in free agency. D-Hen isn't going to get a huge contract. He's probably going to get a couple million guaranteed. I could see four years, maybe ten million tops. Not much at all for a guy who has been a #2, and brings deep speed to our team.

Of course I'd prefer a guy like Johnson, (he will cost more) and then draft a guy who is a burner in say the fourth or fifth, but I'd take Henderson in FA, and then use a second or a third (if we got an extra pick) on a bigger WR.

Mix and match dude. :D

^ this is important to me if we take a wr that high.

i'm flexible as long as we try to address all of our needs. i'm not against him, but i'd like to see us in the mix when it comes to johnson, and have guys like hackett and henderson as back up plans.

atwater27
02-24-2008, 04:25 AM
Devery Henderson straight up SUCKS.
Someone compared him to Ashley Lelie.... Ashley could catch. This guy only goes deep and catches every other ball thrown to him. About as dependable as a jello daiper.

dogfish
02-24-2008, 04:26 AM
he dropped more passes last year than almost any reciever in the league. . . .

Davii
02-24-2008, 05:24 AM
he dropped more passes last year than almost any reciever in the league. . . .

From a very accurate pocket passer.

sneakers
02-24-2008, 07:06 AM
LETS GeT hiM!!!!!!

Reminds me of that opening scene in Ghost Busters...

1.....2.......3......Get Her!!!

gobroncsnv
02-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Berrian would be the best of any listed in this thread. And I think he has more potential than just the long ball. I don't think the Bears really exploit the potential of any receiver that they have. They're more built for grind it out, because Grossman has good games with the frequency of eclipsess. At Fresno, Berrian was a much more all-around receiver.

BOSSHOGG30
02-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Berrian is going to cost someone an arm and a leg for an over-rated deep threat receiver who struggles to block down field and afraid to make contact.

gobroncsnv
02-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Well, after all, I guess this is an opinion board. I would agree that Berrian would likely have more pursuers, but I guess that is because other teams aren't seeing what you see.

fcspikeit
02-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Well, after all, I guess this is an opinion board. I would agree that Berrian would likely have more pursuers, but I guess that is because other teams aren't seeing what you see.

So what are you saying?

That all the well respected GM's and coaches around the league who will be offering Barrian the huge contracts might actualy know a little something about scouting talent for their respected teams?

That maybe their getting paid all that money for doing a job that they might actualy know how to do?...:eek:

Your right we all have our opinions.. The difference is, some are getting paid for theirs. In most cases, that would mean their opinion would carry more weight and have more merit then those of us offering ours for free. :D

gobroncsnv
02-24-2008, 04:25 PM
You picked up EXACTLY what I was saying. Sarcasm. Without an eyes rolling smiley.

It all comes down to which team has the need, cap room, and other requirements to sign ANYONE. Doubt that there are many FO people from the Broncos reading these boards to see what we think. Anything that is on here is just for entertainment, hoping to "speed up" the off-season so we can get back to the real thing.

DenBronx
02-24-2008, 05:38 PM
a one demensional WR with stone hands thats going to break the piggy bank?

...no thanks...i'll pass.:coffee:

i hear darius watts is available.