PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Smith

shank
02-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Just watched the interview with him at the combine and i like his attitude. You can't really argue with the stats that he put up this year either..

what do you guys know about smith? would he fit in our offense at all? where is he slated to go?

lex
02-24-2008, 04:48 AM
Just watched the interview with him at the combine and i like his attitude. You can't really argue with the stats that he put up this year either..

what do you guys know about smith? would he fit in our offense at all? where is he slated to go?

I typically see him slotted from the 2nd to 4th. So, Id say 3rd give or take.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-24-2008, 10:49 AM
I read somewhere that Shanny really likes him. I don't remember where, but it makes things interesting if Shanny does have an interest. He's not as good as his numbers, but I'm sure he's no slouch. He better run well at the combine if he wants to go day 1.

BroncoWave
02-24-2008, 10:55 AM
I saw him in person once this season and I wasn't too impressed. Of course, that was against a very solid Mississippi State run defense in the Liberty Bowl but I'm not sold that he will be a franchise back in the NFL.

dogfish
02-24-2008, 04:18 PM
don't know what they'll list his "official" time as, but he reportedly ran as low as 4.43 today-- i'm guessing that should be good enough to make him a 1st day pick. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
02-24-2008, 09:58 PM
his second run was 4.5sumthin...quite a spread for a 20 minute wait.

Scarface
02-24-2008, 11:31 PM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/RB/Smith.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/RB/Kevin-Smith-Tulsa.jpg

fcspikeit
02-25-2008, 01:41 AM
I read somewhere that Shanny really likes him. I don't remember where, but it makes things interesting if Shanny does have an interest. He's not as good as his numbers, but I'm sure he's no slouch. He better run well at the combine if he wants to go day 1.

That is interesting. If you could remember the link I would like to read it.. I think it would be great if we could get Smith with a late pick. To bad we don't have a 3rd :(

If he falls to the 4th and we could get him there that would be great!

G_Money
02-25-2008, 11:06 AM
I don't like him.

He'd probably do fine in our offense between the 20s because of the creases we generate but the guy was running through holes a tank could fit through, and seemed to go down whenever a defender got an arm on him.

It's personal preference, but when I'm watching a decent-sized back in college (Especially in a smaller conference) I'd like to see some ability to drive the pile and break tackles, because the holes in the pros aren't gonna be like that. I didn't see that in any of the three games I watched of his this year.

He just looks like a bigger Selvin Young to me - good in space, but we already have two backs like that.

Maybe I just watched the wrong 3 games, but there are several backs I'd draft ahead of him, and from the looks of it he'll go before several of them, so just based on draft position I wouldn't take him.

JMO.

~G

WARHORSE
02-25-2008, 01:46 PM
All the real good backs in history pretty much have huge hammys.

Thats something I look for when it comes to physical make-up. Those huge hamstrings allow you to drive forward without having to lean so far forward you lose balance.

That is something that allows for great goaline running, as well as hitting and driving through people when needed.

BOSSHOGG30
02-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Lanky frame that appears better suited to the wide receiver position than running back. ... Thin, long limbs. ... Runs a bit upright and takes unnecessary shots to his body. ... Legitimate questions about the Conference USA level of competition

DallasChief
02-25-2008, 02:07 PM
He doesn't look like he'd be very fast.

http://uksilentbob.com/images/screenaccurate/ukbobincoat.jpg

:D

CoachChaz
02-25-2008, 02:09 PM
He doesn't look like he'd be very fast.

http://uksilentbob.com/images/screenaccurate/ukbobincoat.jpg

:D

His Jedi powers make him elusive

shank
02-25-2008, 05:14 PM
All the real good backs in history pretty much have huge hammys.

Thats something I look for when it comes to physical make-up. Those huge hamstrings allow you to drive forward without having to lean so far forward you lose balance.

That is something that allows for great goaline running, as well as hitting and driving through people when needed.

so do you think that smith has elite hammys? :D

Lanky frame that appears better suited to the wide receiver position than running back. ... Thin, long limbs. ... Runs a bit upright and takes unnecessary shots to his body. ... Legitimate questions about the Conference USA level of competition

i def noticed this at the combine. he looks very small for a rb, but you can't argue with his production... just wondering if he'd fit here.

Joel
02-29-2008, 05:55 AM

I think he was a great CB until the League put in a handcheck rule directly aimed at him; after that, Aaron Glenn was definitely the superior TAMU CB of the early '90s. Not as good a filmmaker though. Other than that, I think anyone named Kevin Smith currently in the NFL Draft should seriously consider legally changing their name (perhaps to Adrian Peterson...?)