PDA

View Full Version : OL to keep our eyes on today?

shank
02-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Apart from the big names that we all know from the 1st round, early 2nd...

what guys do you draftniks see fitting our scheme that will be available later in the draft that the rest of us can keep our eyes out for?

BOSSHOGG30
02-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Here are some tackles

Anthony Collins, Kansas
Heath Benedict, Newberry
Tony Hills, Texas
Oniel Cousins, UTEP
Chad Rinehart, Northern Iowa (probably one of the better offensive linemen most people haven't heard of)
Duane Brown, Virginia Tech (perfect for zbs)
Jeremy Zuttah, Rutgers (another zbs guy)
Tyler Polumbus, Colorado
Tim Silver, Richmond
Breno Giacomini, Louisville

BOSSHOGG30
02-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Guards

Chilo Rachal, USC
Adam Kraus, Michigan (should be a great fit for zbs, can also play center)
Donald Thomas, Connecticut
Kirk Elder, Texas A&M
Brandon Rodd, Arizona State
Andrew Crummey, Maryland
Tad Miller, Boise State
Leon Hart, Auburn (can play all o-line positions)
Kerry Brown, Appalachian State

BOSSHOGG30
02-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Centers

Mike Pollak, Arizona State
Kory Lichtensteiger, Bowling Green
John Sullivan, Notre Dame (can also play guard and may be the best center in this class)
Fernando Velasco, Georgia (very under-rated, can play guard as well, extremely athletic for his size)
Jordan Lipsey, Virginia (moves extremely well, perfect of ZBS)
Tony Brinkhaus, Minnesota (another Eslinger type guy)

shank
02-23-2008, 11:37 AM
thanks much boss!

lex
02-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Zuttah hit it out of the park with his 40 time and his bench press. I think hes around 300 lbs and he's very good at fitting on LBs. He also has a little bit of a mean streak. I watched a lot of his games this year and not once did I see him give up a sack and thats playing at tackle where he had no help to his right. He had been commonly slotted as a 5th or 6th round pick. I can see why he wouldnt be moving up and justifiably so. He's not huge but his strength and ability to move (as is evident in his 40 time and by watching him) can not be disputed. Plus he seems like he's smart. I think he's majoring in economics if memory serves. I dont see how this guy hasnt sent his stock up this weekend. He's easily worth a 4th. I already liked him based on watching his play but having the 2nd most bench reps really is a huge validation. We should really look hard at getting this guy.

Scarface
02-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Mike Pollak looks like a Denver type lineman.

lex
02-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Mike Pollak looks like a Denver type lineman.

Does he look like an undrafted free agent?

Nomad
02-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Mayock has Otah going at #12 ahead of Clady and I've never heard of him. What's his story?

BOSSHOGG30
02-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Mayock has Otah going at #12 ahead of Clady and I've never heard of him. What's his story?

Clady is a zbs type tackle... some of the teams looking for O-line help would rather Otah who is the bigger mauler type player. Clady is a weaker more athletic type tackle who comes from the WAC conference, so that probably hurts him a little as well.

shank
02-23-2008, 02:31 PM

i don't know about his story, but he looked stiff in his movements, and they kept mentioning that he was playing too high in the drills.

i was unimpressed, but to be fair he is a huge guy.

i wish clady would have been able to work out.

chris williams looked very mobile and jeff zuttah was very impressive to me in drills and bench.

BOSSHOGG30
02-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Otah won't do well at the combine... I think everyone knows that was a given. The combine has to many drills that are more for the athletic type players. Huge guys like Otah always look bad.... if you watch him in some of the power drills, he is a monster.

shank
02-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Otah won't do well at the combine... I think everyone knows that was a given. The combine has to many drills that are more for the athletic type players. Huge guys like Otah always look bad.... if you watch him in some of the power drills, he is a monster.

brownie points for being there any working out anyway.

BOSSHOGG30
02-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Kind of stinks that Zuttah did so well. Before the combine he would of probably been a 6th or 7th round pick...He probably jumped him self up to a 5th rounder if not earlier.

lex
02-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Kind of stinks that Zuttah did so well. Before the combine he would of probably been a 6th or 7th round pick...He probably jumped him self up to a 5th rounder if not earlier.

Yeah, plus you now the mock doesnt work as well. Actually, I had already seen him as a 5 or 6. Im thinking he's more like a 4 now. In several of my mocks during the year, I had us spending a 5th rd pick on him. Id actually like to see him possibly play center.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Tony Hills, Texas

Chad Rinehart, Northern Iowa

2 names that I have been keeping my eye on.