PDA

View Full Version : 2005 - If we beat Pittsburgh

Overtime
01-05-2010, 03:38 AM
Just sitting here reflecting over the past several years, and I went back to that AFC Championship Game against Pittsburgh in 2005.

If we win that game and go on to beat Seattle in the Super Bowl (which we would have done without a doubt, because Seattle was a joke and got lucky in the playoffs), would Shanahan still have been fired last year if we went 3 years without a playoff berth?

silkamilkamonico
01-05-2010, 03:41 AM
No idea.

He would not have drafted Cutler and the past 3 years would have been significantly different.

I personally don't think not much. Shanahan, who was "all about SuperBowls", had a near impossible time trying to figure out the playoffs.

CrazyHorse
01-05-2010, 03:41 AM
Just sitting here reflecting over the past several years, and I went back to that AFC Championship Game against Pittsburgh in 2005.

If we win that game and go on to beat Seattle in the Super Bowl (which we would have done without a doubt, because Seattle was a joke and got lucky in the playoffs), would Shanahan still have been fired last year if we went 3 years without a playoff berth?

I ******* hate Pittsburgh

Gamechanger
01-05-2010, 03:43 AM
no.....and there wouldn't be no McDaniels and maybe (just maybe) D-Williams may be alive

CrazyHorse
01-05-2010, 03:48 AM
no.....and there wouldn't be no McDaniels and maybe (just maybe) D-Williams may be alive

If Roethlisberger doesn't make that tackle there's no doubt in my mind Denver loses to Indianapolis who then wins the Super Bowl.
Seattle Should have beat Pittsburgh anyway. That was a terribly refereed game.

Overtime
01-05-2010, 03:49 AM
weird how one event can send things into chaos.

sneakers
01-05-2010, 04:26 AM
Interesting scenario

In-com-plete
01-05-2010, 06:29 AM
No idea.

He would not have drafted Cutler and the past 3 years would have been significantly different.

I personally don't think not much. Shanahan, who was "all about SuperBowls", had a near impossible time trying to figure out the playoffs.

In a perfect world, we draft Ngata instead of Cutler and start tightening up the D.

Which was really the problem with this team anyway back then.

Dirk
01-05-2010, 06:38 AM
If only....LOL

Plummer would have at least 2 SB rings...

Bronco Bible
01-05-2010, 09:39 AM
If Roethlisberger doesn't make that tackle there's no doubt in my mind Denver loses to Indianapolis who then wins the Super Bowl.
Seattle Should have beat Pittsburgh anyway. That was a terribly refereed game.

I don't see Denver getting the calls Pittsburgh always seems to get.jmo

Shazam!
01-05-2010, 10:14 AM
To me the biggest what-if scenario would be if Denver beat the Jags in 1996 and went on to beat GB in 2 straight Super Bowls. Brett would've never garnered the rep he has, John Elway and Shanahan would be the only QB and Coach to win 3 consecutive Championships, and the '96-98 Broncos would be one of the best teams of all time, probably top 5, by dominating in the era a way no other team ever has.

To me nothing comes close to the terrible 1996 postseason. Nothing. Even the Super Bowls of the 80's. Not even close.

GEM
01-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Ummmm ya'll can shoot me now. I thought back and I figured out why we lost. :( I watched that game at my ex mother in law's house. I've never watched a game there. She's inherently bad luck.

*walks away in shame*

Dirk
01-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Ummmm ya'll can shoot me now. I thought back and I figured out why we lost. :( I watched that game at my ex mother in law's house. I've never watched a game there. She's inherently bad luck.

*walks away in shame*

:tsk:

weazel
01-05-2010, 11:41 AM

Pittsburgh beat us... this isn't back to the future, and you don't drive a Delorean.

BTW... Seattle played better than Pitt in that game and were robbed of the championship.

AlWilsonizKING
01-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I feel if we could have learned to TACKLE during that game AND the Jags game....we would have won both games!!!

PEACE!!!

CoachChaz
01-05-2010, 11:51 AM
What if we won any of the Super Bowls we lost? What if the sky fell tomorrow?

AlWilsonizKING
01-05-2010, 11:57 AM
What if people allowed hypothetical questions without bringing up the "you can't go back in time", "get over it", "you're a dumbass for asking a stupid question" responses all the time.

IT WAS A WHAT IF QUESTION.....if you don't have an answer for it other than a stupid ass remark......be the BIGGER PERSON and read another thread about a real question......

Message board people are so damn whiny sometimes.....if you don't like the subject of the thread...GO TO ANOTHER THREAD!!!

PEACE!!!

weazel
01-05-2010, 12:00 PM
What if people allowed hypothetical questions without bringing up the "you can't go back in time", "get over it", "you're a dumbass for asking a stupid question" responses all the time.

IT WAS A WHAT IF QUESTION.....if you don't have an answer for it other than a stupid ass remark......be the BIGGER PERSON and read another thread about a real question......

Message board people are so damn whiny sometimes.....if you don't like the subject of the thread...GO TO ANOTHER THREAD!!!

PEACE!!!

what if... you fell off your soapbox?

AlWilsonizKING
01-05-2010, 12:04 PM
what if... you fell off your soapbox?

Better yet, what if you grew up and stopped trying to push buttons and piss people of......omg what would that be like?

I'll show you how to be a grown up and walk away..........

PEACE!!!

weazel
01-05-2010, 12:08 PM
better yet, what if you grew up and stopped trying to push buttons and piss people of......omg what would that be like?

I'll show you how to be a grown up and walk away..........

Peace!!!

Peace!!!

Devilspawn
01-05-2010, 12:10 PM
This is very interesting to me because all week here they're talking about why Coughlin hasn't even been threatened to be fired. The reason:

sorry WTE

"Manning to Burress, alone, touchdown New York!!"

It's the easiest out in sports. Joe Torre bought a LOT of Steinbrenner's patience because of The Dynasty. You could probably subtract a year for each World Series won.

CrazyHorse
01-05-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't see Denver getting the calls Pittsburgh always seems to get.jmo

I hope so. I wanted Pittsburgh to win at the time. Why? Indianapolis always owned us in the playoffs the previous years.
If I ever build a time Machine I will make sure Denver wins every Super Bowl they played in and the 96 and 05 playoffs.

shank
01-05-2010, 06:03 PM
butterfly effect

weazel
01-05-2010, 06:33 PM
butterfly effect

and I would tap the college Amy Smart over the hooker Amy Smart.