PDA

View Full Version : new brandon marshall interview

titan
01-04-2010, 08:51 PM
http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1181090

This afternoon on 104.3 in Denver. Just listened to part of it so far - Brandon is very complementary of McDaniels.

shank
01-04-2010, 08:57 PM
hmmmm

Broncolingus
01-04-2010, 09:05 PM
[url]

Brandon is very complementary of McDaniels.

...of course.

Agent probably drilled it into his head so it doesnt hurt his trade value...

SR
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
He's as good as gone.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Fudge. I hate this crap. Ya know, I really do like Marshall. Just when I was ready for him to go, now I hear this stuff.

He stuck to his guns, he seemed extremely honest and sincere, and there was no spin and double talk. A lot of good info here.

SR
01-04-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm listening to it as I post, but I do like what Marshall is saying about the Broncos and McD, but some of his hesitation and some if his double speak makes me question his loyalty and the sincerity of his words.

GEM
01-04-2010, 09:26 PM
I was listening to this on the way home and I lost it. I have been a McD backer and I have been hard on Marshall. While I am no fool and I know that there is some dishonesty on both sides of this little game they are playing, I'm such a gullible schmuck. I want so badly to believe Marshall wants to be here, that he's going to try his hardest to stay here....and then I remember his "I hate the effing city" comment when no media was around and he had no reason to sugar coat his comments.

I just want what is effing best for my damn team. I just want to stop the tearing apart of my team at the seams. If I could see the outcome of some of these choices I would feel much better. In all the ways these things play out in my mind and without knowing what direction we are to take in the draft and FA, I absolutely can't see us as a better team without Cutler, Marshall and Scheffler. I am ok with the loss of Cutler, (I was a huge fan of the guy 2 jerseys, completely a Cutler backer, which may surprise some of you with the way I hate him now. I hate him now because above all I love the Broncos and to me he screwed the team) I would be ok with the loss of Scheffler (wouldn't like it) or with the loss of Marshall (tough on this one as that is some pretty tough talent to replace) I would be ok with parting ways with one or another, but I just don't see how we come out better on the outside if we lose all. We just have too many other holes to fill to be giving away that kind of talent and hoping to replace it in the draft, a crap shoot.

I am a lost Broncos fan right now. I want to stand behind my coach and believe, but I'm having reservations. I hate this shit.

topscribe
01-04-2010, 09:28 PM
I have less use for DMac than I used to. He kept interrupting, trying with
everything he had to stir up emotions and get BMarsh to fire off about the
Broncos and McDaniels.

I have had some negative emotions toward BMarsh lately, but my hat is off for
the way he refused to cave into that. I need to listen to it again (I don't know
if and when I would have the time), but I really do like the way BMarsh handled
himself in this interview.

His final statement: "I'm a Bronco now. I'll be a Bronco until somebody else tells
me different. I'm a Bronco." (The final sentence with emphasis on "Bronco.")

-----

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Ya know, after really listening to it, I think the "Captains meeting" was about Scheffler. Marshall's benching was due to being late to treatment. It's starting to sound a lot more like McD pulled a Bellichick and "suspended" him for being late to treatment and wires got crossed to the media about the Captains' meeting and why exactly Brandon was deactivated.

This reeks like two different reasons for two different players that got jumbled into one.

Stink Schlereth believes Brandon is being sincere. I respect Stink's opinion. This is really starting to look like a minor disciplinary/internal thing that has been completely blown out of proportion and mixed in with the Scheffler thing. Two different situations, two different players. then the media (because that's where it ended up) blows it out of proportion and makes it sound like Marshall quit on his teammates. :throwrock:

When asked if he thought the Chargers were the best team in the playoffs, Brandon laughed and replied "I'd never say that". Yeah, he's still a Bronco. :salute:

Northman
01-04-2010, 09:32 PM
I was listening to this on the way home and I lost it. I have been a McD backer and I have been hard on Marshall. While I am no fool and I know that there is some dishonesty on both sides of this little game they are playing, I'm such a gullible schmuck. I want so badly to believe Marshall wants to be here, that he's going to try his hardest to stay here....and then I remember his "I hate the effing city" comment when no media was around and he had no reason to sugar coat his comments.

I just want what is effing best for my damn team. I just want to stop the tearing apart of my team at the seams. If I could see the outcome of some of these choices I would feel much better. In all the ways these things play out in my mind and without knowing what direction we are to take in the draft and FA, I absolutely can't see us as a better team without Cutler, Marshall and Scheffler. I am ok with the loss of Cutler, (I was a huge fan of the guy 2 jerseys, completely a Cutler backer, which may surprise some of you with the way I hate him now. I hate him now because above all I love the Broncos and to me he screwed the team) I would be ok with the loss of Scheffler (wouldn't like it) or with the loss of Marshall (tough on this one as that is some pretty tough talent to replace) I would be ok with parting ways with one or another, but I just don't see how we come out better on the outside if we lose all. We just have too many other holes to fill to be giving away that kind of talent and hoping to replace it in the draft, a crap shoot.

I am a lost Broncos fan right now. I want to stand behind my coach and believe, but I'm having reservations. I hate this shit.

Yea, dont believe it hun. It was the same PR campaign that Cutler was trying to do after he told his agent he wanted a trade and then publically said "I didnt want it to come to this" comment. Everytime Brandon has gotten in hot water either off the field or being the malcontent. At this point Brandon is only trying to save face so that some other team wont think he is TO2.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Yea, dont believe it hun. It was the same PR campaign that Cutler was trying to do after he told his agent he wanted a trade and then publically said "I didnt want it to come to this" comment. Everytime Brandon has gotten in hot water either off the field or being the malcontent. At this point Brandon is only trying to save face so that some other team wont think he is TO2.

Maybe you're right. I guess the only one it really matters to whether or not Marshall is sincere is McDaniels. We can get divided over this all over again, or we can just let McD do what he thinks is best. :ohwell:

tomjonesrocks
01-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Great post that summarizes mine and I am sure other infrequent posters thoughts nicely.

GEM
01-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Great post that summarizes mine and I am sure other infrequent posters thoughts nicely.

Thanks!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2010, 09:46 PM

One question, North - did you listen to the interview?

Northman
01-04-2010, 09:51 PM
One question, North - did you listen to the interview?

Yea, but its the same stuff the guy has been laying out the last 4 years. My biggest problem with Brandon Marshall is that for everytime he screws up he says he is learning from it and wont do it again. However, he does it again. Whether he cant help himself or he is getting bad advice, i dont know which and i really dont care. Im a firm believer in personal accountability. Yes, these guys are young but they are not children even though they may act like it sometimes. Hell, we on this board act like children sometimes but at the end of the day we still have to be accountable for our actions. At this point its like Marshall is crying wolf time after time and for me personally it just gets old. I keep waiting and wanting this guy to take the next step and be the kind of man and player he is very capable of being. But 4 years now and he still hasnt learned a damned thing. All i see right now (just like Cutler) is a waste of talent going by the wayside because they just cant be accountable for themselves. Its more on Marshall than Cutler at this point as Jay has more mechanics/fundamental problems with his game. But Marshall is just such a headcase that it frustrates the living piss out of me.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Yea, but its the same stuff the guy has been laying out the last 4 years. My biggest problem with Brandon Marshall is that for everytime he screws up he says he is learning from it and wont do it again. However, he does it again. Whether he cant help himself or he is getting bad advice, i dont know which and i really dont care. Im a firm believer in personal accountability. Yes, these guys are young but they are not children even though they may act like it sometimes. Hell, we on this board act like children sometimes but at the end of the day we still have to be accountable for our actions. At this point its like Marshall is crying wolf time after time and for me personally it just gets old. I keep waiting and wanting this guy to take the next step and be the kind of man and player he is very capable of being. But 4 years now and he still hasnt learned a damned thing. All i see right now (just like Cutler) is a waste of talent going by the wayside because they just cant be accountable for themselves. Its more on Marshall than Cutler at this point as Jay has more mechanics/fundamental problems with his game. But Marshall is just such a headcase that it frustrates the living piss out of me.

Okay, I was just curious if you listened to it.

Tned-Mobile
01-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Overall I like what McDaniels is doing with the team, but I to quote the bald dude from Top Gun, "son, your ego is writing checks that your body can't cash."

I think McDaniels is probably a football genius, but he is still young and immature. He hasn't figured out that proving you are right, or your way is right, isn't always the 'right' way to go. Right now, he seems like a very black and white guy, that commands his team to follow him like puppies waiting for him to scratch behind their ears. He has this "we treat every player the same" mentality, but he isn't even living up to that.

For those of you that have been around for a while, think back to the early days of Sharpe and Shanahan. Shanahan had a rule, if you don't practice during the week, you don't play on Sunday -- no exceptions. Then, Sharpe is turning into this dominant tight end, but he also has gimpy ankles and can't practice during the week and still be ready to play on Sunday. Shanahan had two options, leave his budding star TE on the bench on Sundays, because he didn't gut through and practice during the week, or let him rest his ankles during the week and focus on treatment of the legs, plus walk throughs and film sessions, and put him in the starting lineup on Sunday.

Shanahan decided to let his star tight end get 'special treatment'.

I will reiterate, that I like most of what McDaniels is doing (what I heard of training camp was almost all great), but he needs to get the ego in check. Not only when it comes to his pissing contests with players (he might be the same age or younger, but he needs to ACT like he is older than them), but also his play calling. Even when plays and schemes weren't working, he believes so much in 'his' schemes that he wound up sacrificing wins to try and 'prove' that Moreno is a short yardage back, or that making the bubble screen your bread and butter play can work, etc.

Ok, sorry for the slightly off topic rant, but I go to the ego, because I don't think driving off Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler (and who knows who else), is the equivalent of 'addition by subtraction' that Dallas had with TO. He is jettisoning talent because he doesn't know how to manage young, hi-strung athletes, when the Broncos don't have the depth to make up for that lost talent.

Buff
01-04-2010, 10:12 PM
I like the guy at the 21:20 mark who yells out from the crowd "If I'm 20 minutes late to my job I'd get fired."

Denver Native (Carol)
01-04-2010, 10:12 PM
The only thing I will say is that I sincerely hope this can be worked out, and that Brandon will be a Denver Bronco for a long time.

Lonestar
01-04-2010, 10:27 PM
I have stated from day one on this head case that he is a head case.. someone that needs to be kept in a cage to make sure he does no harm to himself or others until game time let him play and then tuck him into the cage after the Game..

he needs to grow up and figure it out..

it is to bad that almost all the great players are head cases in some manner or the other ..

maybe we can't encase him in carbonite over the offseason.. and thaw him out when it is preseason..

I think he is gone as like North said he says all the right things but always steps in the dog shit and wonders why he smells..

Tned-Mobile
01-04-2010, 10:33 PM
I have stated from day one on this head case that he is a head case.. someone that needs to be kept in a cage to make sure he does no harm to himself or others until game time let him play and then tuck him into the cage after the Game..

he needs to grow up and figure it out..

it is to bad that almost all the great players are head cases in some manner or the other ..

maybe we can't encase him in carbonite over the offseason.. and thaw him out when it is preseason..

I think he is gone as like North said he says all the right things but always steps in the dog shit and wonders why he smells..

Ok, I'm just a little confused, because it seems like your post could apply to either one. Are you talking about Marshall or McDaniels?

camdisco24
01-04-2010, 10:44 PM
The interview makes you want to love the guy, but he's like 5 different people...
I want the Brandon Marshall that wants to be a Bronco and get this team back to the playoffs...
Question is... Does that Brandon Marshall even exist??

underrated29
01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
If we pay him right he will gladly stay, but he wants top dolla. I am not so sure we will give him that, so he will be gone.

Superchop 7
01-04-2010, 10:59 PM
I take it at face value.

Here's the deal.....

They are of similar ilk.......

Not the best communicators....

Both wear their hearts on their sleeve....

Josh was under incredible pressure.....

Had a knee jerk reaction....

However...

Out of bad.....usually comes good.

My biggest gripe with Josh is his communication skills, if an incident like this propels him to be a better head coach ?

Then I'm glad it happened.

silkamilkamonico
01-04-2010, 11:06 PM
I really hope McDaniels can get through those immature issues.

If he can't through it and is gone in 1-2 years, I think the organization's success spinning off the SuperBowls is gone.

We haven't won anything of importance other than 2005 in 12+ years which is an eternity in the NFL, we'll have draft classes that have been in, played out their contract and not even seen a playoff game, and at that point we'll probably have a revolving coaching carousal due to ineptitude.

At that point we'd officially be among the bottom dwelling organizations in the NFL.

Lonestar
01-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Ok, I'm just a little confused, because it seems like your post could apply to either one. Are you talking about Marshall or McDaniels?

Yeah like I've ever said bad things about Josh..

and have been very outspoken about marshall being a head case..

can't believe you have any doubt..

looks like your baiting me on this..:laugh:

Tned-Mobile
01-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Yeah like I've ever said bad things about Josh..

and have been very outspoken about marshall being a head case..

can't believe you have any doubt..

looks like your baiting me on this..:laugh:

I would never... ;)

pnbronco
01-05-2010, 12:35 AM
I take it at face value.

Here's the deal.....

They are of similar ilk.......

Not the best communicators....

Both wear their hearts on their sleeve....

Josh was under incredible pressure.....

Had a knee jerk reaction....

However...

Out of bad.....usually comes good.

My biggest gripe with Josh is his communication skills, if an incident like this propels him to be a better head coach ?

Then I'm glad it happened.

That's exactly what I heard, who would of thought Chops????. That they had a miscommuncation and are more alike than different in the way they handle their emotions. In fact to me it sounded like Brandon understood Coach better than anyone else he was talking to. I was not impressed with DMac today at all. Man talk about baiting.

I was also really impressed with the things Brandon was saying about Coach and how much Coach had improved his game.

You know I have listened to most of Brandon's I messed up interviews. Something was different today. When I heard him say how much he wanted to beat SD and could not cheer for them, I was thinking dang kid you are a Bronco, made me smile.

Coach made a major mistake for letting it out into the press. He is getting called on in by past players like Stink, who has supported him for most of the season. I think he can learn a very valuable lesson and be a better Coach in the long run. I'm glad he's taking some time off and reflecting on everything, plus he's waiting to talk to Brandon. Tony was ready to go and I wish him only the best. I didn't hear that from Brandon today, I can hope for the best.

pnbronco
01-05-2010, 12:36 AM
I would never... ;)

oh you two......:lol:, have to admit I'm loving the smile the two of you are giving me....:D

Italianmobstr7
01-05-2010, 01:56 AM
I really hope we find a way to work this out and re-sign this guy. He's my favorite player and by far our BEST player.

JDL
01-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Judge people on what they do not what they say.

Hell people often don't even know they act a certain way and sugar coat the types of players or people they are based on their own skewed vision of things.

Marshall did the one thing that would guarantee his departure...he sandbagged it before a playoff game, whether he was even really hurt ... he didn't show any desire to even play in the game or get treatment... his actions said EVERYTHING ... ANY fan needs to know about him and his character.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-05-2010, 02:31 AM
but he wants top dolla.

Of course he does.

In what world does a top 2, top 3 at worst receiver in the NFL not garner top dolla'?

Anyways. Marsh is gone, I bet he's biding his time and can't wait to escape Denver and not look back.

Don't blame the man either. Interview is telling to me.. seems he is just appeasing the listeners, which any athlete would do. What else would he say?

edit - and after finishing up the interview... who the hell is the guy who sounds like a pre-pubescent whiner constantly interrupting and baiting Marsh? God is he ever annoying.

tomjonesrocks
01-05-2010, 03:47 AM
Although it's agonizing to see seemingly all of the team's top talent waltzing out the door--a diva WR, regardless of how talented, is a pretty freaking annoying commodity. I might say the same about a diva head coach, but that's another subject.

When Marshall broke the reception record and looked like the only player on the team capable of playing at a playoff/championship level, I was certainly howling to pay the man. But if somehow moving Marshall results in an *impact* player at another key position or in another to-be stud WR I will live at this point with his departure. Many great offenses were built around a stud QB/WR/RB combination, but plenty of Super Bowls have been won with only solid WR cores. This team has needs all over, so I can see how an argument can be made that devoting so much of a salary cap to Marshall may not even make sense for the team at this time. If moving Marshall got the team a new QB of the future I'd make that move in a SECOND.

On the other hand, if we're just going to get a couple warm bodies in return, which is really all we got for Cutler in my mind, I'll be livid. If there's more of the same level of players to come when Marshall departs, I'd just as soon break the bank paying the guy and figure out a way to deal with him. Is the current front office capable of making the right selections with the picks?

I really don't know where this team is going right now though. A year ago we had a formidable offense with stud QB, WRs, and LT, and pathetic defense and special teams. Am not sure what we have now. Clady and Royal slipped, Marshall's on his way out, we have Brian Griese revisted at QB. The defense is improved but old at key positions and fell apart during the stretch. So what does this team have to build around? Doom? If HE's here?

With so many lean years though it's hard to see the team appearing so far away. Just really unwatchable and pathetic football down the stretch every freaking year. Truly inexcusable.

Poet
01-05-2010, 04:49 AM
If you buy into Marshall, you're a fool.

Period.

Make a time line of his actions as a Bronco and then think about it.

WARHORSE
01-05-2010, 05:25 AM
Sorry. I dont buy it.

Any real footballer who thought he could tough it out come sunday, a guy who says he puts it all on the line for his teamates, THAT guy would have gone nuts if a coach were to tell him he wasnt gonna play on sunday.

He kept hesitating and choosing his words very slowly when it came to answering whether or not he was going to be a Bronco next year.

Its a business afterall.

This is called fixing your mistakes if you ask me. Once again, his actions paint him in a bad light, and thats right after a 100 catch season. If teams start believing that Marshall hit his personal benchmarks, then began to sell out............that will significantly hurt his market value, and some teams, if after talking to the Broncos and Marshall they believe Marshall was selling out, are going to remove him totally from their interests. Less bidders means less frenzy......less frenzy means less money. Hes playing a PR game here. Funny how he comes out right away and does this interview, shocking everyone. Hes trying to do damage control. Trade the clown. :coffee:

Northman
01-05-2010, 06:42 AM

McDaniels is nowhere the problem that Marshall is. Marshall has a long history of issues before McD even took over. While McD has some growing up to do on his own he is the coach and entitled to run his ship the best way he sees fit. That right there gives him the pass at this point. If McD is acting the same 4 years from now than your viewpoint will have some merit.

claymore
01-05-2010, 07:28 AM

Period.

Exactly how I feel about McDaniels.

claymore
01-05-2010, 07:30 AM
McDaniels is nowhere the problem that Marshall is. Marshall has a long history of issues before McD even took over. While McD has some growing up to do on his own he is the coach and entitled to run his ship the best way he sees fit. That right there gives him the pass at this point. If McD is acting the same 4 years from now than your viewpoint will have some merit.

Not on the field or the locker room. All these supposed issues with a number of players surfaced with JMCD.

Northman
01-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Not on the field or the locker room. All these supposed issues with a number of players surfaced with JMCD.

Uh, no they didnt. The attitude problems with those guys existed long before McD even came into the picture. The only difference is Shanny was a pushover for it.

Dirk
01-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Uh, no they didnt. The attitude problems with those guys existed long before McD even came into the picture. The only difference is Shanny was a pushover for it.

I agree with you on that one.

I loved Shanny being in Denver because he strived for a SB more than anything and to beat the Raiders even more. But he was definately a push over and let people slide a lot more as the years went by. He wasn't as much a pushover in the the beginning. If you really want to call it a push over.

It could be that he became more adaptive as the years went by to dealing with the players. As will McD. He is a rook after all.

CoachChaz
01-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Here's what happens. (or needs to happen).

McD and Bowlen sit with Marshall and find out if he really wants to be here or not. if he doesnt or if there is any sense of hesitation, tender him and kiss him goodbye. If he wants to be here, then sign him. But he has to understand his contract is going to be full of clauses to protect the team from hin 10 year old bullshit.

claymore
01-05-2010, 08:12 AM

Where is this written? Ive heard you guys say it, but that is the only place ive read it.

Is there proof?

Tned-Mobile
01-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Judge people on what they do not what they say.

Hell people often don't even know they act a certain way and sugar coat the types of players or people they are based on their own skewed vision of things.

Marshall did the one thing that would guarantee his departure...he sandbagged it before a playoff game, whether he was even really hurt ... he didn't show any desire to even play in the game or get treatment... his actions said EVERYTHING ... ANY fan needs to know about him and his character.

At this point there is zero proof he sandbagged it.

In the interview, he said he was 20 minutes late for the treatment, and then he started to say that it was his fault, that a family or personal problem caused him to be late, but one of the interviewers talked over the top of him, so it isn't clear what he was going to say.

Either way, he took responsibility for being 20 minutes late, but that is a long way from not having any desire to play the game or get treatment.

I don't have the numbers handy, but does anyone know how many games he has missed? One last year with the suspension, one this year with the hammy/deactivation. He played a large part of last year with a torn labrum in his hip.

I just don't see where he hasn't shown a desire to play and win.

Tned-Mobile
01-05-2010, 09:44 AM

I know, I was just having fun with my friend and resident Marshall hater.

He's a rookie head coach and not much more than a kid, who happens to be having to deal with a bunch of millionaire kids. There will be some maturing and learning he has to do.

While I am not one of the koolaid drinkers that thinks McDaniels can do no wrong, and I clearly see he has made rookie mistakes, I like most of what he has done and think the direction he is trying to take the team is a good one. I just hope he gets it done fast enough, so Bowlen doesn't feel the pressure to move on to another HC.

Tned-Mobile
01-05-2010, 09:47 AM

I don't know if it's true, but apparently Putzier and other players (I think all ex-Broncos now), claimed the locker room was splintered last year between players that liked Cutler and those that hate him, or something like that.

CoachChaz
01-05-2010, 09:52 AM
I know, I was just having fun with my friend and resident Marshall hater.

He's a rookie head coach and not much more than a kid, who happens to be having to deal with a bunch of millionaire kids. There will be some maturing and learning he has to do.

While I am not one of the koolaid drinkers that thinks McDaniels can do no wrong, and I clearly see he has made rookie mistakes, I like most of what he has done and think the direction he is trying to take the team is a good one. I just hope he gets it done fast enough, so Bowlen doesn't feel the pressure to move on to another HC.

I think if people took the time to read and look at comments, they'll see this is EXACTLY where the so-called "Kool-Aid drinkers" actually stand

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-05-2010, 10:22 AM

Period.

This makes me laugh. :lol::lol::lol:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-05-2010, 10:24 AM
But he has to understand his contract is going to be full of clauses to protect the team from hin 10 year old bullshit.

Are you talking about McDaniel's contract?

CoachChaz
01-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Are you talking about McDaniel's contract?

Yeah...because McD acts like a 10 year old. i think that cold air is affecting your brain

pnbronco
01-05-2010, 11:09 AM

McD and Bowlen sit with Marshall and find out if he really wants to be here or not. if he doesnt or if there is any sense of hesitation, tender him and kiss him goodbye. If he wants to be here, then sign him. But he has to understand his contract is going to be full of clauses to protect the team from hin 10 year old bullshit.

You and me both Coach.

arapaho2
01-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Yeah...because McD acts like a 10 year old. i think that cold air is affecting your brain

cause he does act like a ten year old...he acted like a ten year old when he went fist pumping down the sideline...like a ten yr old who won the city little league champ

he acted like a ten yr old when he got into it with the sandiego defense...great show of maturation coach:rolleyes:

he's acting like a ten yr old for benching our only pass catching te...whos upset cause were losing and our offense is predictable and in his role as a blocking Te when he is a rec TE......a mature coach would have understood the emotions...a mature coach coulda recognized he may have some incling of being correct...and instead didnt have the balls to meet face to face...he coulda called tony into his office..told him what he heard, asked him why...told him whats said doesnt leave the room...told him he's gonna fine him 10 g's or something..but lets discuss the issue..ill tell you why i do this...you tell me how you think we can improve, or call your number a couple times.....if it doesnt help..then deactivate him...if tony is ok...then we move on and try to win a muther fn game

he acted like a ten yr old when he threw his entire line under the bus

he acted like a child when he said his probowl wr that has played through pain and injuries...wussed out..to the media

yea josh is real mature:rolleyes:

broncophan
01-05-2010, 12:21 PM

It is too late for that crap.....obviously Bmarsh is the ultimate bullshitter......he has proven that he says all the right things...earlier this year he hugs McD at the press conference.....in other games he hands the ball to fans in the stands....etc......pretending to be an outstanding guy....

Then in another game he plays kickball on the field.....gets in a scuffle with Moreno....etc.....not to mention all his bs before the season.

No way would or should Bowlen invest any money in the guy....100 catch seasons or not.......this organization is STILL better than that....

CoachChaz
01-05-2010, 12:21 PM
cause he does act like a ten year old...he acted like a ten year old when he went fist pumping down the sideline...like a ten yr old who won the city little league champ

he acted like a ten yr old when he got into it with the sandiego defense...great show of maturation coach:rolleyes:

he's acting like a ten yr old for benching our only pass catching te...whos upset cause were losing and our offense is predictable and in his role as a blocking Te when he is a rec TE......a mature coach would have understood the emotions...a mature coach coulda recognized he may have some incling of being correct...and instead didnt have the balls to meet face to face...he coulda called tony into his office..told him what he heard, asked him why...told him whats said doesnt leave the room...told him he's gonna fine him 10 g's or something..but lets discuss the issue..ill tell you why i do this...you tell me how you think we can improve, or call your number a couple times.....if it doesnt help..then deactivate him...if tony is ok...then we move on and try to win a muther fn game

he acted like a ten yr old when he threw his entire line under the bus

he acted like a child when he said his probowl wr that has played through pain and injuries...wussed out..to the media

yea josh is real mature:rolleyes:

I have a nominee for the most biased and uninformed post ever.

Northman
01-05-2010, 12:23 PM
I have a nominee for the most biased and uninformed post ever.

I figured this clown out from the word go. :lol:

Ravage!!!
01-05-2010, 12:37 PM
arapaho isn't a clown. He has an opinion, and always well informed and educated opinions. Just because he sees what many see, and it doesn't buy into your image if McD, doesn't make him a clown.

McDaniels IS immature as a coach. He was immature with the Cutler ordeal, and he's shown AGAIN to be immature at the end of the season with Sheff and Marshall. Maybe he'll have more confidence once he rids the locker room of every employee hired by former coaches..... just like the young manager coming into a new company branch.

I've heard NFL players all day yesterday, and all day today talking about how McDaniels needs to realize that HE is just as much a teammate as the rest of them, and can't just expect to stand up above and point his fingers demanding loyalty. Thats (ex) NFL players talking about what THEY know from NFL locker rooms. They know how NFL players respond to whats said to the media. They know how the locker room responds to these types of things. Even Schlereth (who's been as critical of Marshall as anyone) said that a coach CAN NOT call out a player for his toughness to the media like that and EXPECT loyalty and respect from his players. Thats the immaturity of the coach who's ego takes over.

Not saying he can't learn and mature as time goes on, because thats what people do. But it also doesn't mean that calling him immature is "clownish".. doesn't mean they are wrong.. and it doesn't mean that this team isn't going to suffer during that maturation.

CoachChaz
01-05-2010, 12:54 PM
arapaho isn't a clown. He has an opinion, and always well informed and educated opinions. Just because he sees what many see, and it doesn't buy into your image if McD, doesn't make him a clown.

McDaniels IS immature as a coach. He was immature with the Cutler ordeal, and he's shown AGAIN to be immature at the end of the season with Sheff and Marshall. Maybe he'll have more confidence once he rids the locker room of every employee hired by former coaches..... just like the young manager coming into a new company branch.

I've heard NFL players all day yesterday, and all day today talking about how McDaniels needs to realize that HE is just as much a teammate as the rest of them, and can't just expect to stand up above and point his fingers demanding loyalty. Thats (ex) NFL players talking about what THEY know from NFL locker rooms. They know how NFL players respond to whats said to the media. They know how the locker room responds to these types of things. Even Schlereth (who's been as critical of Marshall as anyone) said that a coach CAN NOT call out a player for his toughness to the media like that and EXPECT loyalty and respect from his players. Thats the immaturity of the coach who's ego takes over.

Not saying he can't learn and mature as time goes on, because thats what people do. But it also doesn't mean that calling him immature is "clownish".. doesn't mean they are wrong.. and it doesn't mean that this team isn't going to suffer during that maturation.

If his last post...amongst others...are the definition of informed, then I should resign from the message board. You yourself stated that people will see, read or hear something and take what they want from it. Funny how you or others can change your mind when people do that and it coincides with your personal opinion.

Ravage!!!
01-05-2010, 01:05 PM
If his last post...amongst others...are the definition of informed, then I should resign from the message board. You yourself stated that people will see, read or hear something and take what they want from it. Funny how you or others can change your mind when people do that and it coincides with your personal opinion.

EVERYONE does that. Arapaho is an informed poster I've seen for years on the other message board.

Just for your info.. I haven't changed a single thing that I've felt about McD since he's been here. I still find him to be the immature coach he was when he first arrived. One that continues to lie, one that continues to throw blame, and oen that continues to let his ego take over.

As I said. There is no doubting that McDaniels is immature...because ex-NFL players have been stating it for the last two-three days on how THEY would respond and see this... and these are VETERAN people that have been around the league, and those that were leaders in THEIR locker rooms. So its not like just a 'few' of us on the boards have this opinion of McD. I just hope this team isn't completely void of talent BEFORE he matures and learns from this.

Chaz, you think that if we have a different view point than you, we are uneducated and uninformed. Yet then want to tell US that how we change our views based and "Take what we want from it?" Thats the pure definition of hypocrisy.

Northman
01-05-2010, 01:19 PM
EVERYONE does that. Arapaho is an informed poster I've seen for years on the other message board.

Just for your info.. I haven't changed a single thing that I've felt about McD since he's been here. I still find him to be the immature coach he was when he first arrived. One that continues to lie, one that continues to throw blame, and oen that continues to let his ego take over.

As I said. There is no doubting that McDaniels is immature...because ex-NFL players have been stating it for the last two-three days on how THEY would respond and see this... and these are VETERAN people that have been around the league, and those that were leaders in THEIR locker rooms. So its not like just a 'few' of us on the boards have this opinion of McD. I just hope this team isn't completely void of talent BEFORE he matures and learns from this.

Chaz, you think that if we have a different view point than you, we are uneducated and uninformed. Yet then want to tell US that how we change our views based and "Take what we want from it?" Thats the pure definition of hypocrisy.

I look at it from all sides not just one like yourself. Hence, why i called him a clown. When you cant look at it objectively you are clown. Simple as that. Maybe Arapho is intelligent, who knows. However, when i look at people who have nothing but bias and leave no room for objectivity i cant take them seriously. There is history there with Marshall that was present before McD even came into the picture as far as Brandon's "maturity" issue is concerned. So while McD may have some things to learn from i can honestly say Marshall has not learned anything when it comes to being honest. But then again, im talking to a guy who thinks its ok for said players to be thugs just so as long as they perform on the field. Thats like saying, "hey Brandon, go ahead and shoot that little girl over there! Just make sure your back in time for the game ok?".

Ravage!!!
01-05-2010, 01:26 PM
I look at it from all sides not just one like yourself. Hence, why i called him a clown. When you cant look at it objectively you are clown. Simple as that. Maybe Arapho is intelligent, who knows. However, when i look at people who have nothing but bias and leave no room for objectivity i cant take them seriously. There is history there with Marshall that was present before McD even came into the picture as far as Brandon's "maturity" issue is concerned. So while McD may have some things to learn from i can honestly say Marshall has not learned anything when it comes to being honest. But then again, im talking to a guy who thinks its ok for said players to be thugs just so as long as they perform on the field. Thats like saying, "hey Brandon, go ahead and shoot that little girl over there! Just make sure your back in time for the game ok?".

YOu have a TERRIBLE case of using extreme exaggeration to make a small point. Exaggerated examples that, most of the time, don't hold water. I guess I could "label" you someone that is pretty biased based on your lame examples and hyperbole.

I don't find your opinions to be ANY less biased than arapoho's. None. You simply wish to believe that you are more 'open minded' when in reality you hide behind the facade so that you can attack others with opposing views with your exaggerated samples of "thats like saying..."

I've said its unrealistic for teams to expect all their players to be goody-two-shoes in the NFL. I'll still stand by the statement.

Northman
01-05-2010, 01:30 PM
YOu have a TERRIBLE case of using extreme exaggeration to make a small point. Exaggerated examples that, most of the time, don't hold water. I guess I could "label" you someone that is pretty biased based on your lame examples and hyperbole.

I don't find your opinions to be ANY less biased than arapoho's. None. You simply wish to believe that you are more 'open minded' when in reality you hide behind the facade so that you can attack others with opposing views with your exaggerated samples of "thats like saying..."

I've said its unrealistic for teams to expect all their players to be goody-two-shoes in the NFL. I'll still stand by the statement.

No, you said you dont care what they do off the field, only on it. So while my example may have been extreme its still applies to the idea of you turning your head from malcontents and thugs. Spin away Rav, your really good at that. As far as my hiding behind a fascade that is false also. Ive been very objective when it comes to this team. Ive been on McD's case this year, ive been on Orton's case this year, etc. So no, your absolutely wrong about me as usual. It just so happens that in your case and bias i dont happen to agree with you so now your going to try and make up assumptions that hold no water. :rolleyes:

Poet
01-05-2010, 01:41 PM
I'll guess I'll run my bias out there, then.

McDaniels is a pretty good coach with some shit to learn.

Marshall is a me-first loser whose actions prove it time and time again.

Marshall's teammates went to McDaniels about taking a hard line approach on people who weren't giving it their all, Marshall and Scheffler get benched.

Rav, my team has been a pretty good example of a franchise that doesn't expect its players to be 'choir boys', but they at the least did expect the players to do their damn jobs.

Most of the people who are supporting Marshall are probably doing so out of spite towards McDaniels.

At the beginning of the year McDaniels had the locker room and it's pretty clear that he still does. Marshall for the second time this year quit on his team. That, by extension, means he quit on YOUR team.

Yeah, keep defending that guy.

topscribe
01-05-2010, 02:55 PM
arapaho isn't a clown. He has an opinion, and always well informed and educated opinions.

Yes, I've known Rap over on Mania for a few years, too.

So I have to say that Rap . . . er . . . . um . . .

. . . .

. . . .

hmmm . . . .

Rap . . . is . . . a nice guy . . . :nod:

:D j/k, Rap

-----

arapaho2
01-05-2010, 04:52 PM

no room for objectivity?....look the statment in sarcasm was made : Yeah...because McD acts like a 10 year old

i say he didact like a child ...so does many people who are paid to report on football....you ever seen belichek go fist pumping down the sideline after a win...for gods sake josh your a professional..act like you been here before

you ever seen shanny throw his entire oline under the bus?..no shanny said "obviously i didnt prepare them as good as i should have"...he didnt pout and say....its all thier fault..waaawaaa

if you dont think his personal actions regarding players like cutler, marshall, shceff are lacking some maturity..

if you think his lieing, not only to our former qb about his ill fated attempt to trade him..but to us and the media is a sign of maturation

THEN YOU NEED TO STEP UP TO THE MIRROR BEFORE CASTING THE CLOWN AND LACK OF OBJECTIVITY STONES

CoachChaz
01-05-2010, 04:56 PM
no room for objectivity?....look the statment in sarcasm was made : Yeah...because McD acts like a 10 year old

i say he didact like a child ...so does many people who are paid to report on football....you ever seen belichek go fist pumping down the sideline after a win...for gods sake josh your a professional..act like you been here before

you ever seen shanny throw his entire oline under the bus?..no shanny said "obviously i didnt prepare them as good as i should have"...he didnt pout and say....its all thier fault..waaawaaa

if you dont think his personal actions regarding players like cutler, marshall, shceff are lacking some maturity..

if you think his lieing, not only to our former qb about his ill fated attempt to trade him..but to us and the media is a sign of maturation
THEN YOU NEED TO STEP UP TO THE MIRROR BEFORE CASTING THE CLOWN AND LACK OF OBJECTIVITY STONES

I dont see why being emotional on the field is a sign of immaturity, but whatever...to each their own.

When I mention uninformed banter, i refer to the stuff I bolded. I think we ALL know that this stuff is either not true or based solely on speculation.

arapaho2
01-05-2010, 04:58 PM
No, you said you dont care what they do off the field, only on it. So while my example may have been extreme its still applies to the idea of you turning your head from malcontents and thugs. Spin away Rav, your really good at that. As far as my hiding behind a fascade that is false also. Ive been very objective when it comes to this team. Ive been on McD's case this year, ive been on Orton's case this year, etc. So no, your absolutely wrong about me as usual. It just so happens that in your case and bias i dont happen to agree with you so now your going to try and make up assumptions that hold no water. :rolleyes:

OK so what your really saying is...your opinion is one of great knowledge and as close to gospel as one of jesus's sermons

but any body else's opinion...specialy some one whos been a member longer then you but doesnt post much here...is a clown and lacks objectivity

ok now that the ground rules have been established..we can move on your lordship

CoachChaz
01-05-2010, 05:01 PM
OK so what your really saying is...your opinion is one of great knowledge and as close to gospel as one of jesus's sermons

but any body else's opinion...specialy some one whos been a member longer then you but doesnt post much here...is a clown and lacks objectivity

ok now that the ground rules have been established..we can move on your lordship

When I read what North is see it as him simply stating that people are making vague, speculative, unproven or uninformed statements in order to sunstantiate their opinions.

I agree, so maybe I can read between the lines on his comments moreso than others

Northman
01-05-2010, 05:07 PM
you ever seen belichek go fist pumping down the sideline after a win...for gods sake josh your a professional..act like you been here before

Josh hasnt been there before. As for coaches getting pumped up in games ive seen Cowher and Shanahan pump their fist early in their careers when they won games. To me, that shows me the fire that the team was lacking with a ho-hum Shanahan who looked like he just didnt care anymore.

Have i seen Shanahan use those exact words? No. However, McD has made it clear that he holds players accountable. Doesnt mean he was right to call them out but thats still a learning experience for him so you and i agree there.

Could he have handled those situations better than he did? Oh yea.

He entertained a trade offer that never happened. The bottom line is it was really much ado about nothing. As a new coach he is expected to test any avenue that he sees can help the team. If the trade talk had been for Selvin Young would you still be upset about it if it never went through? Of course not. When he came to the team it had a million holes and uncertains about it. Nolan was able to utilize some of the players we had here but there are still some things that need to be addressed. At the end of the day with the Cutler fiasco there is only one guy to blame for why he isnt here. And that's Jay Cutler.

You can point fingers at McDaniels all you want for hearing a trade offer it makes no difference to me. At the end of the day Cutler told his agent to request a trade, refused to talk and respond back to the guy who signs his paychecks, and then he himself lied by saying "I never wanted it to come to this". So, i guess both Cutler and McD are liars but then again, im objective because i can see both sides of the coin. With Sheff, i dont want a guy here who doesnt want to be here. Simple as that. With Marshall, great talent but a extreme headcase who lies every chance he gets. Now, he isnt just a liar but a quitter as well. Sorry, no room for those kinds of players on this team and im glad McD doesnt tolerate it. The Shanahan fantasy land has ended and its truly time you came to terms with that.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2010, 05:14 PM
I love Coach McD's enthusiasm. For crying out loud, I have seen Joe Paterno get excited on the sidelines, and look how old he is. There is nothing wrong with a coach showing enthusiasm. If people are taking exception to that, that is definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel :tsk:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-05-2010, 05:18 PM

Coach, you can use the "just wait and see" line with pretty much anything. half the folks are saying "just wait and see, it's been one season" - the other half are saying that one season is enough to see.

I'm staying neutral on this whole thing with McDaniels, but what I am seeing is that all the McDaniels' "haters" are bashing McDaniels. All the McDaniels "supporters" are bashing the McDaniels "haters" calling them "clowns" or saying that their posts are the "most uninformed they've ever seen" (I'm paraphrasing).

It's one thing to argue about an issue relating to the team, it's completely different to not only go personal, but to keep doing it intentionally. It's like a wolfpack in here if 1 guy says something that the same 4 or 5 McDaniel's supporters don't like, there's a gang up session of epic proportions that always seems to become personal.

You and the others I'm referring to know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Supporting the coach is one thing, calling other posters "clowns" or inferring that they know nothing about football based on their personal (not even football) opinion of the HC's attitude is just out of line and everyone here, knows it.

I'm as passionate a poster as anyone here, but the personal attacks and the condoning of those attacks by other long-time members here, is getting disturbing.

arapaho2
01-05-2010, 05:27 PM
I dont see why being emotional on the field is a sign of immaturity, but whatever...to each their own.

When I mention uninformed banter, i refer to the stuff I bolded. I think we ALL know that this stuff is either not true or based solely on speculation.

talk about lack of objectivity..

1. upon hearing the report that the broncos were involved in a deal to trade cutler..mcd said what?

a. yea i did so what?
b. who me?
c. we may have entertained a call but wasnt interested..cutlers our guy

this was later found out to be not true when mcd said:

a. shoot i was talking about tradeing marbles....i have a couple extra cats eyes

b. who me?

c. I did pursue a deal with New England for Matt Cassel, but "I think we were too late to the dance."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11945954

Northman
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Coach, you can use the "just wait and see" line with pretty much anything. half the folks are saying "just wait and see, it's been one season" - the other half are saying that one season is enough to see.

I'm staying neutral on this whole thing with McDaniels, but what I am seeing is that all the McDaniels' "haters" are bashing McDaniels. All the McDaniels "supporters" are bashing the McDaniels "haters" calling them "clowns" or saying that their posts are the "most uninformed they've ever seen" (I'm paraphrasing).

It's one thing to argue about an issue relating to the team, it's completely different to not only go personal, but to keep doing it intentionally. It's like a wolfpack in here if 1 guy says something that the same 4 or 5 McDaniel's supporters don't like, there's a gang up session of epic proportions that always seems to become personal.

You and the others I'm referring to know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Supporting the coach is one thing, calling other posters "clowns" or inferring that they know nothing about football based on their personal (not even football) opinion of the HC's attitude is just out of line and everyone hear, knows it.

I'm as passionate a poster as anyone here, but the personal attacks and the condoning of those attacks by other long-time members here, is getting disturbing.

Should i of used the term troll? I swear i thought he was Broken when he first arrived. They post almost the exact same way and considering he doesnt show up till after Broken gets banned i just assumed he was the same or another fan trolling. Never the less, calling him a clown is hardly an insult and its in no way a violation of the COC. Ive never held back when i really wanted to tell someone how i feel so i think i did a pretty good job at toning myself down in that case. And ill state it again, maybe if some of these McD bashers were at all sensible in their arguements i probably would be a little more tolerant of the sillyness that they post. I mean, is it really asking too much for certain posters to have any objectivity whatsoever?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2010, 05:31 PM

ONE MORE TIME ON CUTLER

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/15/union/index.html

Cutler's time as Bronco nearing end

I'm going to lead with the Cutler story, following two chats I had with Denver coach Josh McDaniels late Sunday night. I got the sense he can't believe it's come to this duel at the OK Corral.

"I would probably be really good for Jay, and I know he would be really good for me,'' McDaniels told me over the phone from Denver. "I think that's the part that's shocking to me.''

That it probably will never happen, he means.

It makes no sense. None. When the Broncos report for the start of their offseason program this morning at their plush complex south of town, Cutler will be a no-show. I reported recently that Cutler wanted to be traded after the Broncos lost both Mike Shanahan (fired) and offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates (went to USC as offensive coordinator), and that message was delivered to the Denver front office. Now I expect Cutler, through agent Bus Cook, to reiterate his demand ... and what's more, I expect the Broncos to seriously consider it. Owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday night, "we might lose'' Cutler, though he was not specific about how, or why, or when, and Cutler told Chris Mortensen of ESPN he has asked Cook to formally request a trade.

Denver has to tread carefully here. McDaniels told me he is frustrated by Cutler's interpretation of a conference call and then an in-person meeting this weekend, and he still wants to talk with Cutler again face-to-face to see if they can iron out their differences.

How we got to this point, in chronological order:

McDaniels said he was not considering trading Cutler until he was contacted "by two teams'' at the Scouting Combine -- presumably Detroit and Tampa. They were pie-in-the-sky inquiries, though, and he didn't consider anything seriously, he said, until the day before the Feb. 27 beginning of free-agency, when he got a serious proposal for Cutler.

"This was a non-issue until Thursday [Feb. 26],'' McDaniels said. "There was obviously a scenario where teams figured we'd be interested in Matt Cassel, because I'd coached him in New England. When someone calls, I'm going to consider it, because that's my job.''

Cutler believes the Broncos were much more interested in trading him and signing Cassel than they've said. I asked McDaniels if he'd been interested in Cassel before the contact by the two teams at the combine, going back to when he knew Cassel might be on the market and available in trade from the Patriots. "No, that's totally untrue,'' he said.

McDaniels did pursue a deal with New England on the first day of free agency, but not intensely, he said, because he and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders were in the middle of doing six free-agent negotiations in the opening two days of free-agency. "I think we were too late to the dance,'' he said, meaning the Chiefs had already made the deal with New England -- a second-round pick for Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel. Denver would have given more, likely a first-round pick, but Patriots coach Bill Belichick had his deal done with the Chiefs.

"Do I understand about Jay being hurt that we'd consider this?'' McDaniels said. "Sure. But I can tell you that it wasn't like there was any grand plan by us to trade Jay Cutler. That wasn't the case. But when we've told them [Cutler and Cook], I think it's fallen on deaf ears.''

I texted Cutler and got no response. In his comments to Mortensen earlier, he said his time in Denver "had run its course,'' the rift between him and McDaniels is "not something they want to fix,'' that McDaniels -- in their meeting Saturday -- "made it clear he could still entertain trading me,'' and said the coach "made it clear he wants his own guy.''

I texted McDaniels, and shortly before 1 a.m. Eastern on Monday, he called to react to Cutler's words.

"Oh boy,'' he said, and sighed. "No, no, no. Nothing like that was conveyed.'' And he sighed again.

"I think the hangup is, 'Well, you considered doing it once, would you ever consider it again?' It keeps coming out like I want my own guy. Thinking we want to trade him now is totally opposite what we've been trying to do here ... We've been trying like hell for two weeks to get a face-to-face meeting.''

What frustrates McDaniels is that the two sides met -- he thinks without acrimony -- and then word gets out that there was tension or vindictiveness in the meeting. "It's hard to believe we're sharing the same intentions and can have such different interpretations of the meeting,'' he said. "When we met [Saturday], my point was, 'We all know where this was, and now we all have to try to move forward.' After we met for a while, and went over a lot of the same ground we'd been over, Jay said to me, 'Can I have a few more hours to think?' I said, 'Yeah, give me a call on my cell phone.' He never called. Bus [Cook] called Brian [Xanders], but Jay didn't call me.''

I asked McDaniels if he feels he'll be forced to trade Cutler.

"No,'' he said. "He's got three years left on his contract. We're not at the point where we're going to do it now ... [But] it's probably something we're going to have to talk about. We've been trying to communicate, and I still want to try, but if that's the direction we're headed, we're going to have to talk.''

There's such a gulf in the two versions of events. But it looks like, taking the long view, Cutler will be playing elsewhere unless he and McDaniels sit in a room together for two hours and come out married. That's not likely to happen. Maybe Cutler can't take the dissing he feels from McDaniels, or maybe he's fabricating the dissing to justify in his own mind going somewhere else. I don't know. But I do know this: If I had the choice of Denver, Tampa Bay, Detroit and the Jets, and the Denver coach has worked successfully with Tom Brady and Matt Cassel, I'd be thinking very hard about not burning a bridge that can't be reconstructed.

Northman
01-05-2010, 05:33 PM
:pop2::pop2:

arapaho2
01-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Josh hasnt been there before. As for coaches getting pumped up in games ive seen Cowher and Shanahan pump their fist early in their careers when they won games. To me, that shows me the fire that the team was lacking with a ho-hum Shanahan who looked like he just didnt care anymore.

Have i seen Shanahan use those exact words? No. However, McD has made it clear that he holds players accountable. Doesnt mean he was right to call them out but thats still a learning experience for him so you and i agree there.

Could he have handled those situations better than he did? Oh yea.

He entertained a trade offer that never happened. The bottom line is it was really much ado about nothing. As a new coach he is expected to test any avenue that he sees can help the team. If the trade talk had been for Selvin Young would you still be upset about it if it never went through? Of course not. When he came to the team it had a million holes and uncertains about it. Nolan was able to utilize some of the players we had here but there are still some things that need to be addressed. At the end of the day with the Cutler fiasco there is only one guy to blame for why he isnt here. And that's Jay Cutler.

You can point fingers at McDaniels all you want for hearing a trade offer it makes no difference to me. At the end of the day Cutler told his agent to request a trade, refused to talk and respond back to the guy who signs his paychecks, and then he himself lied by saying "I never wanted it to come to this". So, i guess both Cutler and McD are liars but then again, im objective because i can see both sides of the coin. With Sheff, i dont want a guy here who doesnt want to be here. Simple as that. With Marshall, great talent but a extreme headcase who lies every chance he gets. Now, he isnt just a liar but a quitter as well. Sorry, no room for those kinds of players on this team and im glad McD doesnt tolerate it. The Shanahan fantasy land has ended and its truly time you came to terms with that.

bull a show of enthusiasm is fine..i didnt mind it....but we all commdemm players like shawn merriman for his displays of enthusiasm..lights out dance...why not the coach... in the end i dont mind it, so much...just saying it wasnt real mature...have you seen him do that in any other of the 8 wins?...no he hasnt...it was a childish .."i just beat daddy" display

and if you havent seen or heard shnny take blame for each loss..then you havent watched this team very long

and it isnt that he entertained and as facts show actuall pushed for a deal....its the fact he did it in the hopes of trading a 25 yr old probowl qb, who carried the team in 08..for a career backup

just like he cut our long time L snapper leach....so he could sign the NE snapper...get it ..he wasnt trying to improve...he was trying to get his personal buds on the team regardless if needed....not mature

and you can blame cutler all you want ....in the end the facts show..mcd did in fact try to trade cutler without haveing the balls to tell him, instead went behind his back....then lied to him and us about it...then stated JAY IS OUR GUY..HE IS THE QB OF THE BRONCOS...then met jay and told him he wanted cassel and may still trade jay if he gets a deal

so yeah if i were cutler..id ask to be traded too...mcd is as much to blame as cutler

HORSEPOWER 56
01-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Should i of used the term troll? I swear i thought he was Broken when he first arrived. They post almost the exact same way and considering he doesnt show up till after Broken gets banned i just assumed he was the same or another fan trolling. Never the less, calling him a clown is hardly an insult and its in no way a violation of the COC. Ive never held back when i really wanted to tell someone how i feel so i think i did a pretty good job at toning myself down in that case. And ill state it again, maybe if some of these McD bashers were at all sensible in their arguements i probably would be a little more tolerant of the sillyness that they post. I mean, is it really asking too much for certain posters to have any objectivity whatsoever?

North, have you ever stopped to consider for one little second that just because a guy doesn't agree with your personal point of view, it's not trolling?

If a guy says he doesn't like McDaniels, you say he's "trolling" because you don't agree. If a guy puts up an argument SUPPORTING a BRONCO PLAYER that you happen NOT to like (aka Marshall or Scheffler) you say he's "trolling"

Strange, but the definition of trolling doesn't include anywhere "not agreeing with Northman's personal opinions". Believe it or not, not everyone believes the same things you do about the Broncos, good or bad. it doesn't make them Stupid, Trolls, Clowns, or any other personal attacks you've used REGULARLY in your posts over the last week when someone dared to disagree with your OPINION. You've done it, Ziggy has done it, Timmy has done it, rc has done it, Hell, even topscribe and coach have done it or at least jumped on the "beat down and personally smear the guy that doesn't love McDaniels and hate Marshall" bandwagon. It's getting worse over here than Broncomania all of a sudden. I thought this board was better and came here because of guys like Tned, dogfish, ravage, GEM, and topscribe.

The way a lot of guys have been acting lately, it's getting pretty bad here, too.

Northman
01-05-2010, 05:53 PM
bull a show of enthusiasm is fine..i didnt mind it....but we all commdemm players like shawn merriman for his displays of enthusiasm..lights out dance...why not the coach... in the end i dont mind it, so much...just saying it wasnt real mature...have you seen him do that in any other of the 8 wins?...no he hasnt...it was a childish .."i just beat daddy" display

He was proud of the win. However, BB got the last laugh as they are in the playoffs and we are not. Still, i like a fiery coach but he is still learning that 6 games doesn not equate to a full season.

and it isnt that he entertained and as facts show actuall pushed for a deal....its the fact he did it in the hopes of trading a 25 yr old probowl qb, who carried the team in 08..for a career backup

Thats just incorrect. He got a call about the trade, wanted to know what was on the table, by the time he did that the deal with KC had already happened. Thus, he was late to the dance.

just like he cut our long time L snapper leach....so he could sign the NE snapper...get it ..he wasnt trying to improve...he was trying to get his personal buds on the team regardless if needed....not mature

Is Kubes immature for gathering up all of Shanny's cuts and leftovers? Every coach tries to go with players they are familiar with. McD isnt new in that grand scheme of things.

and you can blame cutler all you want ....in the end the facts show..mcd did in fact try to trade cutler without haveing the balls to tell him, instead went behind his back....then lied to him and us about it...then stated JAY IS OUR GUY..HE IS THE QB OF THE BRONCOS...then met jay and told him he wanted cassel and may still trade jay if he gets a deal

so yeah if i were cutler..id ask to be traded too...mcd is as much to blame as cutler

Again, first and foremost. He received the call. He was approached about a trade offer. As far as telling Jay, if a trade doesnt go through or if there is nothing to it which this was the case than what is there to tell? It was after the deal went down that McD stated Jay was our QB. But when they met at the conference McD reiterated that he will do whatever is necessary to improve the team. Jay didnt like that answer. Meaning, Jay wasnt mature enough to handle the idea that he could of been traded. He just couldnt move on from it and thus pouted and requested a trade through his agent. Now, i wouldnt have even thought about trading Cutler personally. But, i also know if i was in Cutler's shoes i would of gone about my business until it was set in stone and would of been the bigger man. However, Jay wasnt and thus was shipped out. So when i look at that situation i say to myself "who is the bigger baby here?" The answer is in Chicago.

Northman
01-05-2010, 06:02 PM
North, have you ever stopped to consider for one little second that just because a guy doesn't agree with your personal point of view, it's not trolling?

If a guy says he doesn't like McDaniels, you say he's "trolling" because you don't agree. If a guy puts up an argument SUPPORTING a BRONCO PLAYER that you happen NOT to like (aka Marshall or Scheffler) you say he's "trolling"

Strange, but the definition of trolling doesn't include anywhere "not agreeing with Northman's personal opinions". Believe it or not, not everyone believes the same things you do about the Broncos, good or bad. it doesn't make them Stupid, Trolls, Clowns, or any other personal attacks you've used REGULARLY in your posts over the last week when someone dared to disagree with your OPINION. You've done it, Ziggy has done it, Timmy has done it, rc has done it, Hell, even topscribe and coach have done it or at least jumped on the "beat down and personally smear the guy that doesn't love McDaniels and hate Marshall" bandwagon. It's getting worse over here than Broncomania all of a sudden. I thought this board was better and came here because of guys like Tned, dogfish, ravage, GEM, and topscribe.

The way a lot of guys have been acting lately, it's getting pretty bad here, too.

:lol:

You should go see the Mane. This is a cakewalk to that place. Trust me. But you know what Horse, i recant my clown remark if it makes you feel better. But, like you i wear my emotions on my sleeve and when i see people who just (in my opinion) dont get the full picture i find it highly annoying and unwarranted. And all the people you listed are great even though Ravage is out of his mind. I dont agree with 95% of what he says but he is an ok guy to me. And Coach is a fabulous poster and i know he and have had differences in the past regarding certain things. I guess in a perfect world we could all get along happily. But i do know this. If we took everyone in this thread and were sitting at a table having beers we wouldnt be swinging at each other. Because the reality is on a message board sarcasm or insults can be conveyed and taken in different ways. I would still laugh at you for being wrong but buy you beers never the less. :D

HORSEPOWER 56
01-05-2010, 06:31 PM
:lol:

You should go see the Mane. This is a cakewalk to that place. Trust me. But you know what Horse, i recant my clown remark if it makes you feel better. But, like you i wear my emotions on my sleeve and when i see people who just (in my opinion) dont get the full picture i find it highly annoying and unwarranted. And all the people you listed are great even though Ravage is out of his mind. I dont agree with 95% of what he says but he is an ok guy to me. And Coach is a fabulous poster and i know he and have had differences in the past regarding certain things. I guess in a perfect world we could all get along happily. But i do know this. If we took everyone in this thread and were sitting at a table having beers we wouldnt be swinging at each other. Because the reality is on a message board sarcasm or insults can be conveyed and taken in different ways. I would still laugh at you for being wrong but buy you beers never the less. :D

That's why I joined the Mane way back when but never post there. I visit and read sometimes, but my impression of that board is pretty much guys just getting personal about EVERYTHING. It's like hanging out with my 13 yr old son and his friends. Everything is more about who can talk the most shit instead of make the best case for his opinion. It's funny sometimes from an outside-looking in perspective, but I'd just rather talk football.

Tned-Mobile
01-05-2010, 10:03 PM
I think if people took the time to read and look at comments, they'll see this is EXACTLY where the so-called "Kool-Aid drinkers" actually stand

Actually, a GREAT many posters have become indignant any time McD was criticized at all. If someone criticizes anything the coach does, then they are attacked with something about how bad Shanahan or Cutler was or something like that.

Many fans don't seem capable of seeing shades of grey, that a coach or player can be good in some areas, but not so good (or simply guilty of making mistakes) in other areas.