PDA

View Full Version : You have to watch this video! Very telling.

weazel
01-04-2010, 06:04 PM
I got this off the mane, I have to credit the original poster, Vancejohnson82.

watch the video, it's Marshall getting interviewed in the locker room after the game yesterday and Ty Law walks by and slaps Brandon in the chest ans says' you guys are in the way" then he goes on to say "appreciate it, appreciate it"

Marshall looks like he wants to hide... you dont even have to listen to it, his face say'sit all.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14119473

Northman
01-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Lol, it was funny that Marshall couldnt even look him in the eye. haha

NightTrainLayne
01-04-2010, 06:11 PM
I agree with your take on Marshall's body language, but the other player (I can't tell if it's Law or not) seems to be saying "Appreciate it" for them moving out of the way. . .apparently the interview was right in front of this other players locker.

I didn't catch hims saying anything about "effort" on the field.

KCL
01-04-2010, 06:23 PM
I didn't see anything out of line :whoknows:

weazel
01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I agree with your take on Marshall's body language, but the other player (I can't tell if it's Law or not) seems to be saying "Appreciate it" for them moving out of the way. . .apparently the interview was right in front of this other players locker.

I think you're correct. I listened to it again, and I was reading more into what he said. The intent of what he did and the look on Marshall's face say's enough though. Marshall actually lost his train of thought and didn't know what to say for a second.

ursamajor
01-04-2010, 06:32 PM
I got this off the mane, I have to credit the original poster, Vancejohnson82.

watch the video, it's Marshall getting interviewed in the locker room after the game yesterday and Ty Law walks by and slaps Brandon in the chest ans says' you guys are in the way" then he goes on to say "appreciate it, appreciate it"

Marshall looks like he wants to hide... you dont even have to listen to it, his face say'sit all.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14119473

Marshall should have dotted him for shoulder checking him like that and being condescending.

Ravage!!!
01-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I didn't see anything out of line :whoknows:

I'm with you... he was jus tsaying " I can't get to my locker..." :whoknows:

weazel
01-04-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm with you... he was jus tsaying " I can't get to my locker..." :whoknows:

really? maybe I'm reading more into it than I should, but if someone pulled that shit on me he'd be picking himself up off the floor.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-04-2010, 06:44 PM
"appreciate it homeboy" - That actually sounded more like Dawkins and the back of his head looked more like Dawk than it did ty law. I dunno but you can tell marshall has been getting shit by his body language and face.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-04-2010, 06:46 PM
after the third viewing I can almost guarantee that's dawkins, not ty law.

weazel
01-04-2010, 06:48 PM
after the third viewing I can almost guarantee that's dawkins, not ty law.

I thought so too, but everyone over at the mane was in agreement it was Law.

Ravage!!!
01-04-2010, 06:51 PM
really? maybe I'm reading more into it than I should, but if someone pulled that shit on me he'd be picking himself up off the floor.

Then I definitely think you are reading more into it than you should. These guys see the media EVERy friggin day. They get tired of the media boys standing in their way. They are standing right in front of Dawkins locker, and all he says is "excuse me guys you are in the way".. talking to the media heads interviewing Marshall. Then he says "appreciate it appreciate it" saying "I appreciate you moving over" as he sits down. What is it you are mking this out to be? :lol:

You wouldn't make it much in any locker room, job, life, family seting if you are going to "throw down" over absolutely nothing like this :lol:

weazel
01-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Then I definitely think you are reading more into it than you should. These guys see the media EVERy friggin day. They get tired of the media boys standing in their way. They are standing right in front of Dawkins locker, and all he says is "excuse me guys you are in the way".. talking to the media heads interviewing Marshall. Then he says "appreciate it appreciate it" saying "I appreciate you moving over" as he sits down. What is it you are mking this out to be? :lol:

You wouldn't make it much in any locker room, job, life, family seting if you are going to "throw down" over absolutely nothing like this :lol:

he didn't sit down. He had room to walk by the interview but instead made a point of slapping him in the chest and making his presence known. That is not just me seeing this, pretty much everyone that has commented on it here and at the mane agree with me. Different points of view I guess, no big deal.

and don't presume to know me or how I would make it in job, life and a family setting. I am quite successful and have a great wife and kids, you know nothing about me.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-04-2010, 07:02 PM
...So back on topic :D, I think Marshall feels alienated (as he should) and I still say we're going to resign him.

Ravage!!!
01-04-2010, 07:02 PM
he didn't sit down. He had room to walk by the interview but instead made a point of slapping him in the chest and making his presence known. That is not just me seeing this, pretty much everyone that has commented on it here and at the mane agree with me. Different points of view I guess, no big deal.

and don't presume to know me or how I would make it in job, life and a family setting. I am quite successful and have a great wife and kids.

Not at all.

I just see this as being absolutely nothing. A guys saying "excuse me, you guys are in the way." To me, if THAT is something that would then make you start swinging (as you eluded to with your "he'll be picking himself off the floor" comment), it would seem that you would get pretty angry, pretty quickly, over nothing.

But as you said. We OBVIOUSLY see this quite differently, and I'm going to assume that has a lot to do with what you want to see. If you want to believe that Dawkins and/or Law is trying to be rude to Marshall, then that's what you are going to see. I don't see that in the least, not in the VERY least.

topscribe
01-04-2010, 07:06 PM

Bad, bad mistake. Both Dawkins and Law are respected, almost revered.

Marshall would have turned the whole locker room against him . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM

I just watched the first part, and whoever the player was, I BELIEVE, was talking to the camera people, press, etc.

claymore
01-04-2010, 07:16 PM
**** Ty Law.

camdisco24
01-04-2010, 07:19 PM
The only thing I see is what seems to be an awkward moment for Marshall. The body language seems weird to me. Obviously the players truly committed to the Broncos arent going to be overly thrilled with Marshall so I personally hope he feels alienated. This guy is all about himself and eventually your teammates are going to get sick of that. Even if the video itself has nothing to do with that, Im sure he's feeling a little awkward in that locker room..

Ravage!!!
01-04-2010, 07:22 PM
People keep assuming it was Marshall that sat himself out of the game. It wasn't. Why do people think the teammates are upset with HIM? Hardly. Teammates don't go out onto the field, lay an EGG, and then start blaming the guys that didn't play. It NEVER works that way if you are on a team.. competitive... and look yourself in the mirror after losing.

No WAY these guys are somehow blaming Marshall for letting the Chiefs put up 44 pts on them, or letting a RB rush for 250 yrds. Especially guys that were on the defensive side of the ball.

Dawkins made it clear in his own presser that he had NOTHING to do with this so-called captains meeting with McDaniels. No reason to believe that Marshall feels alienated.

Superchop 7
01-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Based on eyes and body language.

He was reflecting........ without signs of deceit.

camdisco24
01-04-2010, 08:10 PM
People keep assuming it was Marshall that sat himself out of the game. It wasn't. Why do people think the teammates are upset with HIM? Hardly. Teammates don't go out onto the field, lay an EGG, and then start blaming the guys that didn't play. It NEVER works that way if you are on a team.. competitive... and look yourself in the mirror after losing.

No WAY these guys are somehow blaming Marshall for letting the Chiefs put up 44 pts on them, or letting a RB rush for 250 yrds. Especially guys that were on the defensive side of the ball.

Dawkins made it clear in his own presser that he had NOTHING to do with this so-called captains meeting with McDaniels. No reason to believe that Marshall feels alienated.

No one is blaming Marshall for the loss to KC. Im not sure where you got that.
Marshall is a selfish guy with a ME attitude. People on a TEAM do not like generally those types of "teammates" so I would imagine there some guys in that locker room who dont have a whole lot of respect for Marshall at this point.

Marshall is the person who left practice because it was cold
Marshall is the one who showed up late to look at his hammy "injury"
All blame for him sitting out of the KC game goes on HIM, the loss does not.

Dzone
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Nothing there. Certainly nothing anybody would be in the least bit upset with.

T.K.O.
01-04-2010, 08:41 PM
i think looking at marshall interview that he was very down about the whole situation he tried to say the right things but it was painfully obvious that he had no place in the broncos locker room.
as far as dawks actions go,i didnt see anything rude or intended to belittle marshall,but it was also apparent that he didnt appreciate the interview going on at that place and that time...i'm sure he was feeling pretty low at that moment as well.
but you can bet that the distractions leading up to the game did'nt help with team focus and unity regardless of who you feel is to blame it was bad timing.luckily it didnt end up costing us a spot in the post season the win and in teams did just that.:salute:

weazel
01-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Not at all.

I just see this as being absolutely nothing. A guys saying "excuse me, you guys are in the way." To me, if THAT is something that would then make you start swinging (as you eluded to with your "he'll be picking himself off the floor" comment), it would seem that you would get pretty angry, pretty quickly, over nothing.

But as you said. We OBVIOUSLY see this quite differently, and I'm going to assume that has a lot to do with what you want to see. If you want to believe that Dawkins and/or Law is trying to be rude to Marshall, then that's what you are going to see. I don't see that in the least, not in the VERY least.

That could be...

There's alot of people seeing the same as I do though...

WARHORSE
01-05-2010, 12:16 AM

It was Marshall that took himself out of a practice cause it was too cold to breathe.

Bye-bye BM.:salute:

BCJ
01-05-2010, 02:01 AM
I am really trying to hate on Marshall on this thread but after watching it, I am not sure if a ton is there. Only thing i can take that it is "against" Marshall is that the pat to the upper body twice is a little weird. Besides that, I cant see it.

Northman
01-05-2010, 06:57 AM
i think looking at marshall interview that he was very down about the whole situation he tried to say the right things but it was painfully obvious that he had no place in the broncos locker room.

Thats what im getting at. He couldnt even look that player in the face. Its like, why are you interviewing in the locker room? Take that shit outside while the other guys do their thing.

In-com-plete
01-05-2010, 07:09 AM

and don't presume to know me or how I would make it in job, life and a family setting. I am quite successful and have a great wife and kids, you know nothing about me.

I agree with you weazel. To me, it looks like Dawkins or Law, made it a point to smack him on the chest. And how he said "appreciate it" wasn't like "Thank you for moving" but like "Thanks for the drama ********".

But when you see Marshalls body language, his pauses, and how he looks down at the ground kinda stuttering after Dawkins or Law smacks him on the chest, it's definitly not a "Thank you for moving" thing.

No way!

weazel
01-05-2010, 11:14 AM
I agree with you weazel. To me, it looks like Dawkins or Law, made it a point to smack him on the chest. And how he said "appreciate it" wasn't like "Thank you for moving" but like "Thanks for the drama ********".

But when you see Marshalls body language, his pauses, and how he looks down at the ground kinda stuttering after Dawkins or Law smacks him on the chest, it's definitly not a "Thank you for moving" thing.

No way!

to me, the pat on the chest is condescending. And from the look on Marshall's face, he does too.

For all we know, those two players never seen eye to eye, or maybe they are the best of friends and it's just something they do. I just thought it was interesting.

Ravage!!!
01-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Thats what im getting at. He couldnt even look that player in the face. Its like, why are you interviewing in the locker room? Take that shit outside while the other guys do their thing.

The press is always let into the locker room, for interviews. When was this? It wasn't before or after the game, because Marshall wasn't allowed into the locker room or on the sidelines....right? (at least thats what I read)

How can you guys speculate that he couldn't look anyone in the eye? I just don't see that.

I guess I'm not assuming that the teammates are somehow or for some reason "shunning" Marshall. :whoknows:

CoachChaz
01-05-2010, 11:49 AM
The video is nothing

weazel
01-05-2010, 12:01 PM
The video is nothing

thanks for putting it straight. I am glad we have someone here that is all-knowing and was in the locker room at the time...

CLOSE THREAD

CoachChaz
01-05-2010, 12:03 PM
thanks for putting it straight. I am glad we have someone here that is all-knowing and was in the locker room at the time...

CLOSE THREAD

Glad I could help

broncophan
01-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Not at all.

There you go.....ASSuming again......some people never learn....

To the AVERAGE fan though, I didn't see anything wrong in the video either...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2010, 12:36 PM
The press is always let into the locker room, for interviews. When was this? It wasn't before or after the game, because Marshall wasn't allowed into the locker room or on the sidelines....right? (at least thats what I read)

How can you guys speculate that he couldn't look anyone in the eye? I just don't see that.

I guess I'm not assuming that the teammates are somehow or for some reason "shunning" Marshall. :whoknows:

To me, this is nothing more than a cameraman, his equipment, and members of the press talking with Brandon, and blocking a player from getting to his locker - nothing more

Ravage!!!
01-05-2010, 12:45 PM
To me, this is nothing more than a cameraman, his equipment, and members of the press talking with Brandon, and blocking a player from getting to his locker - nothing more

I agree with you. I think people see what they want to see if guessing on something else here.

Ravage!!!
01-05-2010, 12:47 PM
There you go.....ASSuming again......some people never learn....

To the AVERAGE fan though, I didn't see anything wrong in the video either...

There you go.. being an unnecessary ASS again.... some people never learn.

broncophan
01-05-2010, 01:00 PM
There you go.. being an unnecessary ASS again.... some people never learn.

To the average fan.....saying someone is being "an unnecessary ass"....when all they did was notice that you were "ASSuming" is not a very smart.....and very un-AVERAGE thing to do......

Ravage!!!
01-05-2010, 01:12 PM
To the average fan.....saying someone is being "an unnecessary ass"....when all they did was notice that you were "ASSuming" is not a very smart.....and very un-AVERAGE thing to do......

Yes... you have truly shown that you are MUCH MUCH smarter than me by pointing out the words that I have typed out, rather than pointing out an observation of assumption.

Saying one ASSUMES this is because its something you want to see differently than me is NO different than you stating your 'opinion of the average fan' as fact.

Stating the words "assuming" (in my sentence) is blatantly admitting that I can't say it as fact, as it's an observation of assumption given there is no other facts from which to draw a different conclusion.

Please.. stop trying to suggest that your IQ is of a higher degree than mine. There is no such thing as "an un-average thing to do."

NightTrainLayne
01-05-2010, 01:15 PM
:focus:

Let's get back to topic, and knock off the personal insults please.

broncophan
01-05-2010, 01:32 PM
:focus:

Let's get back to topic, and knock off the personal insults please.

That is what the AVERAGE fan should do..........thank you......

GO BRONCOS!!!

broncofaninfla
01-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Trust me, if there was anything to this the media would have been ALL over it.