PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually know what happened to this team during the Bye week?

missingnumber7
01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
It seems to me like this is the tale of two seasons. Even the 2 games we won after the bye week were different from the games before the Bye. Something happened over that bye week that lost focus.

I can see part of it is the coach was exposed and after 6 weeks people finally figured somethings out. But with 2 weeks to prepare for Balt seems to me like Nolan should have had plenty of time. And a healthy OLine at that time.

I know this has probably been hashed over previously...but that is where this team turned. IMHO the killer instinct left both the team and the coaches at that point. And when the ball was rolling the snowball effect took place and kept going.

Northman
01-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Aliens

Northman
01-04-2010, 05:00 PM
The bye week has been Denver's kryponite for the last few years.

jrelway
01-04-2010, 05:15 PM

Ravage!!!
01-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Yeah... our team was no longer riding on the "lucky train".. and had to stop at the station for a week. Once things settled and came back down to earth, we are the team they though we would be.

missingnumber7
01-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Yeah... our team was no longer riding on the "lucky train".. and had to stop at the station for a week. Once things settled and came back down to earth, we are the team they though we would be.

I can give the lucky train to the Cinci, and SD wins and maybe...just maybe the NE win...but not the other 3. The thing that I didn't see was the intensity...and thats what bothered me.

MasterShake
01-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Teams didn't have much tape on us until then? I don't know.

I blame Obama.

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 05:55 PM
It seems to me like this is the tale of two seasons. Even the 2 games we won after the bye week were different from the games before the Bye. Something happened over that bye week that lost focus.

I can see part of it is the coach was exposed and after 6 weeks people finally figured somethings out. But with 2 weeks to prepare for Balt seems to me like Nolan should have had plenty of time. And a healthy OLine at that time.

I know this has probably been hashed over previously...but that is where this team turned. IMHO the killer instinct left both the team and the coaches at that point. And when the ball was rolling the snowball effect took place and kept going.

the ravens drew up a blueprint for beating our offensive geniouses scheme...thats what happened...mcd couldnt adjust

camdisco24
01-04-2010, 06:33 PM
We were exposed and overconfident after the bye week.
And some of the magic wore off.
Whatever it was, I hope McD fixes it in the offseason. I would rather finish strong than start stong.

dogfish
01-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Aliens

those tricky space bastids replaced our offensive line with a bunch of stiffs, and stole all the pages from mcD's playbook except the screens and traps. . . . :tsk:

weazel
01-04-2010, 06:47 PM
those tricky space bastids replaced our offensive line with a bunch of stiffs, and stole all the pages from mcD's playbook except the screens and traps. . . . :tsk:

don't forget dive left

dogfish
01-04-2010, 06:53 PM
don't forget dive left

i wish mcdaniels would. . . . :lol:

girler
01-04-2010, 07:37 PM
:shocked: baaaaaad voodoo :Cry:

SmilinAssasSin27
01-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I think Bmore showed Pitt that we have no LG=2 losses. Our Qb went down=2 losses.

I can't explain KC and Oakland. Philly is better than us.

RedFalcon
01-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Team went into vacation, came back for Thanksgiving and went again on vacation... I think they're still missing in vacation! Anybody found them?

Superchop 7
01-04-2010, 08:13 PM
They realized that it would only take 2 more wins to achieve their goal.

Nomad
01-04-2010, 08:17 PM
:shocked: baaaaaad voodoo :Cry:

:lol: bad voodoo is right!! Now, who went to New Orleans and paid the Voodoo Queen....Charger fans, Raider fans, Chiefs fans, some BRONCO fans!!

girler
01-04-2010, 08:54 PM
:lol: bad voodoo is right!! Now, who went to New Orleans and paid the Voodoo Queen....Charger fans, Raider fans, Chiefs fans, some BRONCO fans!!

I wonder if I could become a Voodoo Queen in the next 6 months and undo the curse??? :confused:

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 08:56 PM
I blame Obama.

McD did not get his part of the stimulus package:lol:

In all seriousness, we played some better teams and Pittsburgh exposed us before they choked away their season as well vs of all teams Cleveland.

missingnumber7
01-05-2010, 09:48 AM
McD did not get his part of the stimulus package:lol:

In all seriousness, we played some better teams and Pittsburgh exposed us before they choked away their season as well vs of all teams Cleveland.

We could've won that game. I was at that game and didn't really get a chance to get a good look at anything, but Troy P playing in that game hurt us. And them having 2 weeks to prep helped them. But we just couldn't get to the point where we were on top.

But the Balt game is the one I don't get. We were exposed yes. But with two weeks of prep, you would think that McGenius would've come up with something new a new wrinkle something different.

I need to watch the SD game again, but I think that might have been the change in tide. Without the Royal returns I wonder if we win that game. If memory serves me right the O was struggling.

broncofaninfla
01-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Baltimore used the time to come up with a scheme to stop our offense, it worked. Our opponents mirrored it, we didn't adjust, we lost.

spikerman
01-05-2010, 10:06 AM
I wonder if I could become a Voodoo Queen in the next 6 months and undo the curse??? :confused:

You should check to see if they have some type of online program or something.

girler
01-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Do you think "graveyard dirt at midnight" could mean some dirt in my backyard somewhere near where we buried my son's pet gecko? :whoknows:

Krugan
01-05-2010, 06:06 PM
My take, Mcd won his super bowl when we beat the Pats.

Things didnt feel the same to me after that game.

Of course im just typing because it need finger exercise.

D1g1tal j1m
01-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Our smaller offensive line did not hold up against the bigger D lines that we faced and they just wore down. We didn't win the time of possession and put our D on the field more than they should have been.
We hit the wall and were physically manhandled on both sides of the ball during the second half of the season.

56crash
01-05-2010, 07:37 PM
the ravens drew up a blueprint for beating our offensive geniouses scheme...thats what happened...mcd couldnt adjust

About right we are a one trick pony and Our coach forgot there is 11 player out on the field .

Benetto
01-05-2010, 08:00 PM
I think Bmore showed Pitt that we have no LG=2 losses. Our Qb went down=2 losses.

I can't explain KC and Oakland. Philly is better than us.
I agree with this, except Philly is not better than us, We just ran outta time.

NameUsedBefore
01-05-2010, 08:04 PM
I blame lamps.

Too many lamps these days. If people need to read something they should use candles.

Dean
01-05-2010, 09:26 PM

Baltimore used the time to come up with a scheme to stop our offense, it worked. Our opponents mirrored it, we didn't adjust, we lost.

Offensively, our lucky plays in the second half stopped. As Arapaho2 and broncofaninfla said bringing the free safety up almost like a LB, corners playing tight and ignoring the chance of a double move, and bringing pressure shut down what offense we had had up to that point.

Defensively, we were using less than quality talent at nose and DE and older players at D-backs and SILB. They wore down and other teams had seen all the smoke and mirrors that had been employed to hide them.

Texas Bronco
01-05-2010, 09:32 PM
I blame the O. Their inablilty to score TD's in the red zone.

Ziggy
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
It couldn't be that this team has been collapsing after the bye week for years now, and the coach had less than a full offseason to get in the right players could it? This team is small and weak in the trenches. That's where games are won and lost, even more so in the second half of the season. Less than one full offseason just isn't enough time to change that. McDaniels will bring in bigger, tougher, bangers in the trenches over the next 2-3 years. If he doesn't he'll be looking for a new job, but for right now he needs some time to make changes with the way things have been around here for a decade.

Dean
01-05-2010, 09:39 PM
It couldn't be that this team has been collapsing after the bye week for years now, and the coach had less than a full offseason to get in the right players could it? This team is small and weak in the trenches. That's where games are won and lost, even more so in the second half of the season. Less than one full offseason just isn't enough time to change that. McDaniels will bring in bigger, tougher, bangers in the trenches over the next 2-3 years. If he doesn't he'll be looking for a new job, but for right now he needs some time to make changes with the way things have been around here for a decade.

Weren't you paying attention at training camp when Nolan explained that defenses were built from the back to the front not the other way around?

Yeah, i didn't buy it either.

Ziggy
01-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Let the, "This year's defense gave up 124 less points than last year's and it had a worse offense to help out" arguments begin.