PDA

View Full Version : Live Press Conference

Denver Native (Carol)
01-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Head Coach Josh McDaniels will conduct his season-ending press conference at approximately 1:30 p.m. MST. Watch it live here. http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=2816&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

CoachChaz
01-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Said everything including scheme, roster, coaching, etc will be re-evaluated this off-season

CoachChaz
01-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Said everyone is accountable and players and coaches need to improve in that area.

CoachChaz
01-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Said they ran ZBS and standard block schemes and never committed to one or the other. Had success with both and failed with both.

CoachChaz
01-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Said no one is perfect when it comes to decisions and play-calling and he is not exempt from that equation

CoachChaz
01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Said he is not happy and is disappointed that Eddie Royal wasnt used more and that will be changed for next season

claymore
01-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Said he's gonna stop smacking his lips next year.

J/K

He didnt say that.

bloodwarior
01-04-2010, 04:30 PM
whats with the faces he makes?

bloodwarior
01-04-2010, 04:34 PM
arrogant answere, gave hillis the ball once in philly and said you didnt ask me after the philly! joiyk!

LawDog
01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Said he is not happy and is disappointed that Eddie Royal wasnt used more and that will be changed for next season

Translation: without Marshall, Royal will be the best WR on the team and will get more looks...

CoachChaz
01-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Translation: without Marshall, Royal will be the best WR on the team and will get more looks...

To pessimistic blind haters...yeah, I guess that's the answer

CoachChaz
01-04-2010, 04:40 PM
arrogant answere, gave hillis the ball once in philly and said you didnt ask me after the philly! joiyk!

Yeah...dont bother to post the rest of the answer...just the part you choose to make him look bad.

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 04:41 PM

when that has been the gripe of every fan all year....when scheff complains about the selective targeting by mcd and orton..and we lose 8- out of the last ten games

now he is disapointed?...hey coach mcd you do know this was your problem right? he does remember it was his scheme and he called the plays?

titan
01-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Not watching but I saw this in a tweet from a reporter:

McD said draft evaluation process will be different. More time to prepare and look for certain attributes. Seemed like they felt rushed 09

bloodwarior
01-04-2010, 04:42 PM
well he did say he was talented and what not and wants to see if he can improve his role in the offense! typed what i did before he said that....but still was a pissy answere!

GEM
01-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Anyone reading the comments to the side? :laugh:

"He looks down and to the left alot, that means he's lying."

:laugh:

topscribe
01-04-2010, 04:44 PM

Oh my . . .

-----

topscribe
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Anyone reading the comments to the side? :laugh:

"He looks down and to the left alot, that means he's lying."

:laugh:

He just said he loves Champ, and he was looking to the left! :eek:

Oh, my bad . . . the reporter was to his left . . . :D

-----

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 04:53 PM
mcd...if what your doing isnt working then you got to change some things up..you cant just keep oing it

i guess this explains the sudden disapearance of the bubble screen used 10 times per game until week 17

weazel
01-04-2010, 04:53 PM
uh oh, he just bit his lip and winked when he was talking about Orton... I think theres a little game of grab ass going on in the locker room!

Crush05
01-04-2010, 04:54 PM
IMO this is one of his better press conf. He has not skirted any questions and IMO has answered honestly so far.

CoachChaz
01-04-2010, 04:54 PM
when that has been the gripe of every fan all year....when scheff complains about the selective targeting by mcd and orton..and we lose 8- out of the last ten games

now he is disapointed?...hey coach mcd you do know this was your problem right? he does remember it was his scheme and he called the plays?

I forgot...McDaniels runs the route, blocks the rush and throws the ball on every play in his system too.

My bad.

CoachChaz
01-04-2010, 04:56 PM
mcd...if what your doing isnt working then you got to change some things up..you cant just keep oing it

i guess this explains the sudden disapearance of the bubble screen used 10 times per game until week 17

Which he actually admitted earlier in the press conference

topscribe
01-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Just asked about drafting a QB in the top 10. He was noncommittal. Said he
would not be opposed to drafting any position where he thought it would be the
most needed. Said he has a QB now that did a good job this year for the most
part, that he's a "good player."

Just repeated that he's happy with Kyle.

-----

G_Money
01-04-2010, 05:00 PM
I just want the guy to be accountable. I heard way too many stated or implied jibes at other people than himself on the year.

Some of that I'm sure was just hearing things the way I wanted to hear them, but a few flat-out "I failed at X this year, and that's not gonna happen again because I'm acually AWARE that I failed" statements will help my disposition going into the offseason.

Glad to hear the comment about the draft. If you need to make the team over with your guys, please be ridiculously prepared and correct in the guys you take.

Glad he seems to be owning his portion of the blame for this season (which is definitely not ALL the blame - there's plenty of blame to go around once we get past McDaniels).

~G

Crush05
01-04-2010, 05:01 PM
All negative posters answer this. If Champ has no problem with Coach McD, if Dawkins, Dumervill I can continue onlisting why is everyone taking so say Marshall's side. As I said in my "Split Again" thread if your not a fly on the wall there are always two sides to a story. And right now I would have to go with the majority side of the team not just what one or two players are saying. I am not taking McD's side nor am I against Marshall. I am on the overall teams side end of subject!!!

weazel
01-04-2010, 05:03 PM
I forgot...McDaniels runs the route, blocks the rush and throws the ball on every play in his system too.

My bad.

as long as you know the error of your ways.

topscribe
01-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Last question about Ayers: Basically said Ayers was as physical as they had
envisioned, that Ayer wasn't happy with how the year turned out in production.
Said he looks forward to good things from Ayers next year, but he's going to
have to compete, that nothing will be handed to him . . .

-----

bloodwarior
01-04-2010, 05:04 PM
the problem is i dont think you call out a guys toughness to the papers....regardless i dont think marshall will be here next year and dont matter. i didnt hear him question laws toughness when he was hurt but yet looked great this weekend, and we could have used him against philly and oakland!

Crush05
01-04-2010, 05:05 PM
the problem is i dont think you call out a guys toughness to the papers....regardless i dont think marshall will be here next year and dont matter. i didnt hear him question laws toughness when he was hurt but yet looked great this weekend, and we could have used him against philly and oakland!

Wait a minute Shanny did!!!!!!

bloodwarior
01-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Wait a minute Shanny did!!!!!!

yeah he did, and that was during training camp, big differense. marshall was loafing for a week at the time, different than just three days.

claymore
01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
All negative posters answer this. If Champ has no problem with Coach McD, if Dawkins, Dumervill I can continue onlisting why is everyone taking so say Marshall's side. As I said in my "Split Again" thread if your not a fly on the wall there are always two sides to a story. And right now I would have to go with the majority side of the team not just what one or two players are saying. I am not taking McD's side nor am I against Marshall. I am on the overall teams side end of subject!!!

Dawkins, and Champ arent the answer long term. Ive never really liked Champ anyway. Dume, I hope we can get a high draft pick, because I dont think it gets any better than it did this year.

As for Marshall, I dont care if he leaves either.

The problem I have is when JMCD opens his mouth. He needs to keep the best intrests of the organization in mind when dealing with problem players tat are about to get traded.

Both Cutler and Marshall situations were handled poorly IMO.

This (06) is the best Draft class we have had in a LONG time, I want their value maximized to the fullest so we can hit on as many replacements as possible. If we get nothing for Sheffler, I Blame JMCD.

Crush05
01-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Dawkins, and Champ arent the answer long term. Ive never really liked Champ anyway. Dume, I hope we can get a high draft pick, because I dont think it gets any better than it did this year.

The problem I have is when JMCD opens his mouth. He needs to keep the best intrests of the organization in mind when dealing with problem players tat are about to get traded.

This (06) is the best Draft class we have had in a LONG time, I want their value maximized to the fullest so we can hit on as many replacements as possible. If we get nothing for Sheffler, I Blame JMCD.

Well when your head coach of the Denver Broncos we will see how you handle the pressure!!!!:salute:

weazel
01-04-2010, 05:10 PM

I wouldn't expect too much for Scheffler. They never received any interest in the off season when he was available.

Crush05
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
yeah he did, and that was during training camp, big differense. marshall was loafing for a week at the time, different than just three days.

Did you not listen to the press conf. It was just not his injury that got him benched. Hmmmm also if I recall it was the team captain's who approached him on some of these issues. Enough is enough already!!!:tsk:

claymore
Well when your head coach of the Denver Broncos we will see how you handle the pressure!!!!:salute:

Im going to be the owner, so I can fire doosh sissy's like JMCD that cant handle the pressure.

arapaho2
Which he actually admitted earlier in the press conference

to bad it took a 2-8 melt down for him to realize what the fans, analysts and his players knew weeks ago

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Just asked about drafting a QB in the top 10. He was noncommittal. Said he
would not be opposed to drafting any position where he thought it would be the
most needed. Said he has a QB now that did a good job this year for the most
part, that he's a "good player."

Just repeated that he's happy with Kyle.

-----

wow were screwed for the forseeable future:tsk:

claymore
01-04-2010, 05:15 PM

Dont worry Tiger "Still loves his wife".

SOCALORADO.
01-04-2010, 05:15 PM

I actually agree (amazingly) with your take. MCD should just shut his mouth when it pertains to anything regarding player discipline.
Hell, he should have played them both, but still kept his opinion on the matter and then dealt them or fined them once the season ended.
We should have found out about it long after and in a very vague way if he just fined them. And if he wanted to trade them, we should have found out about it as the trade was being finalized.
The one aspect i dont like about MCD is he opens his big yapper waay too much. He should be more like his former boss, Belicheat in that regard.

topscribe
01-04-2010, 05:16 PM

Where should I send your sympathy card? :D

-----

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 05:18 PM

My bad.

no but he is the designer of this offense...orton and his first look way is his qb...he designs the routes...all routes have a predetermined 1st look.....this season it was marshall...sunday it was gaffeny...its not coincedence that his offense has been a heavily one target system all season

Crush05
01-04-2010, 05:18 PM

DOes not matter if and when. These players are paid to be professional and play and if it takes a coach to call them out then so be it! Time to put on the grown up pants and play to your contract and for a better contract and not boo hoo this or boo hoo that. We have some high profile players here and we only seem to have one or two loose canons who cannot seem to grasp the concept of what a "PRO Athlete" means. Oh wai that is right some of us here are pro's I forgot sorry.:lol:

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Where should I send your sympathy card? :D

-----

send it to the city dump...they can place it next to my hopes and dreams for a return to greatness

GEM
01-04-2010, 05:19 PM

You blame McD for everything, don't minimize it that you would blame him for one thing or another.

claymore
01-04-2010, 05:20 PM
I actually agree (amazingly) with your take. MCD should just shut his mouth when it pertains to anything regarding player discipline.
Hell, he should have played them both, but still kept his opinion on the matter and then dealt them or fined them once the season ended.
We should have found out about it long after and in a very vague way if he just fined them. And if he wanted to trade them, we should have found out about it as the trade was being finalized.
The one aspect i dont like about MCD is he opens his big yapper waay too much. He should be more like his former boss, Belicheat in that regard.

Hell yeah. Thats my whole point. No one on this team is sacred. Id trade everybody. Im not buying a jersey till they retire as Broncos anywho (lesson learned!).

topscribe
01-04-2010, 05:20 PM
send it to the city dump...they can place it next to my hopes and dreams for a return to greatness

Please, somebody stay with Rap! Don't let him out of your site. :shocked:

I know what I'm talking about here. I felt the same way once and jumped out of a window.

Of course, it was just on the first story, and all I got was a high ankle sprain.

Couldn't throw a decent pass or scramble for months. :tsk:

-----

claymore
01-04-2010, 05:22 PM
You blame McD for everything, don't minimize it that you would blame him for one thing or another.

To bad you cant Blame Cutler anymore. We are 8-8 on our own. Worst colapse In Bronco history.

Crush05
By the way since the offense is on the chopping block by some here let's look. IMO most know I am not an Orton fan but he is or was our QB. But I blame dropped passes, poor blocking and Orton eyeing his receiver from the onset of the play till he threw ball. Can we all take off the Orange and Blue sun glasses and see things for the way they are?

LawDog

You're assuming a lot there my friend. I don't think that Marshall wants to be here next year if Coach is here. I think he does whatever he can to play somewhere else. I think that Coach will ultimately facilitate Marshall's exit from Denver. That might be a bit pessimistic, but it ain't blind and I don't hate (Coach, Marshall or you).

As for Royal being the best WR left standing - that's just my opinion, but with Orton at QB there will be one special target that will get the most looks. See Jabar Gaffney in week 17...

GEM
01-04-2010, 05:23 PM
To bad you cant Blame Cutler anymore. We are 8-8 on our own. Worst colapse In Bronco history.

I don't blame Cutler for anything, I just don't like him. :D

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2010, 05:23 PM

First of all, Champ and Dawkins are seasoned vets and are already multi-millionaires. They have their money, their probowls, and their legacy. All they want to do now is win a Ring before they call it quits. They know that bouncing around and getting traded isn't normally the way that happens so they'll support the management and work toward that end. Champ didn't complain about Shanny, either. He always had the highest praise for him. Shanny got him PAID. Why would either of them, or any vet for that matter (this is where Dumervil and everyone else comes in), side with Marshall publicly even if they thought he was right? So they could be benched and seen as malcontents, too?

The younger are of a different mindset. They want their money, and their pro-bowls, and their legacy. They're young so it's still about them. Champ was NO DIFFERENT when he demanded a trade out of Washington instead of being franchised so he could GET PAID. I don't blame the younger guys for feeling this way. The average career of an NFL player is 4 yrs. (you might make 10 yrs if you're really lucky and very talented). They need to get theirs before their time runs out. The important thing to remember here is that PLAYERS AREN'T FANS! This is their JOB. You can work hard and even be "loyal" to your company but not like your boss or quit this job if a better opportunity comes along. Mike Bell was a Bronco fan since he was a kid and it was his "dream" to play in Denver. Do you think he's crying about being cut in Denver now that he's in New Orleans? I'd be willing to bet his favorite team is now the Saints! They gave him a job and an opportunity.

Not to mention, I'd also be willing to believe that the defensive players are really Nolan's responsibility. Because McDaniels is also the offensive coordinator (and probably the QB coach, too), he deals more directly with the offensive players than he does the defensive ones. There is one less layer between the offense and the HC. Usually the players have a position coach, a coordinator, and then the HC. The offense doesn't have those layers. The offense gets more of his attention than the defense. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your working relationship with your boss.

claymore
01-04-2010, 05:25 PM
I don't blame Cutler for anything, I just don't like him. :D

Well I dont like JMCD's yet. But he is the head honcho so he recieves credit when due, and criticisim when due as well.

topscribe
01-04-2010, 05:26 PM
You're assuming a lot there my friend. I don't think that Marshall wants to be here next year if Coach is here. I think he does whatever he can to play somewhere else. I think that Coach will ultimately facilitate Marshall's exit from Denver. That might be a bit pessimistic, but it ain't blind and I don't hate (Coach, Marshall or you).

As for Royal being the best WR left standing - that's just my opinion, but with Orton at QB there will be one special target that will get the most looks. See Jabar Gaffney in week 17...

So what's the matter with that? 12 receptions for 213 yards.

Shoot, he'd be my special target, too . . .

-----

Crush05
01-04-2010, 05:28 PM
First of all, Champ and Dawkins are seasoned vets and are already multi-millionaires. They have their money, their probowls, and their legacy. All they want to do now is win a Ring before they call it quits. They know that bouncing around and getting traded isn't normally the way that happens so they'll support the management and work toward that end. Champ didn't complain about Shanny, either. He always had the highest praise for him. Shanny got him PAID. Why would either of them, or any vet for that matter (this is where Dumervil and everyone else comes in), side with Marshall publicly even if they thought he was right? So they could be benched and seen as malcontents, too?

The younger are of a different mindset. They want their money, and their pro-bowls, and their legacy. They're young so it's still about them. Champ was NO DIFFERENT when he demanded a trade out of Washington instead of being franchised so he could GET PAID. I don't blame the younger guys for feeling this way. The average career of an NFL player is 4 yrs. (you might make 10 yrs if you're really lucky and very talented). They need to get theirs before their time runs out. The important thing to remember here is that PLAYERS AREN'T FANS! This is their JOB. You can work hard and even be "loyal" to your company but not like your boss or quit this job if a better opportunity comes along. Mike Bell was a Bronco fan since he was a kid and it was his "dream" to play in Denver. Do you think he's crying about being cut in Denver now that he's in New Orleans? I'd be willing to bet his favorite team is now the Saints! They gave him a job and an opportunity.

Not to mention, I'd also be willing to believe that the defensive players are really Nolan's responsibility. Because McDaniels is also the offensive coordinator (and probably the QB coach, too), he deals more directly with the offensive players than he does the defensive ones. There is one less layer between the offense and the HC. Usually the players have a position coach, a coordinator, and then the HC. The offense doesn't have those layers. The offense gets more of his attention than the defense. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your working relationship with your boss.

I can see your point. What I am saying is does not matter if your young or not your given a contract live up to it. If the team feels you due a new one you will get it. Rookies coming in need to understand this before signing that contract or they may as well get a job with whatever degree the got while in college! Again just my opinion!!!

GEM
01-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Well I dont like JMCD's yet. But he is the head honcho so he recieves credit when due, and criticisim when due as well.

I'm just giving you shit at this point, Clay. I'm done being angry over this stuff. I'm already mad enough that football is just about gone and then I get to look forward to baseball...yay. :rolleyes:

LawDog
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM

-----

Nuthin' the matter with it. I had Welker on my fantasy team this year - loved every minute of it.

Was just saying that Royal could be the #1 wr next season and thus will get a bunch more work - and fulfilling Coach's comment from the presser.

claymore
01-04-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm just giving you shit at this point, Clay. I'm done being angry over this stuff. I'm already mad enough that football is just about gone and then I get to look forward to baseball...yay. :rolleyes:

I have no other sports. I wish football was opt out. Im not angry anymore. Im actualy 09 is over. Terrible year for Ol Clay, but I learned alot. I cant believe I quit smoking thru all that shit!

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Couldn't throw a decent pass or scramble for months. :tsk:

-----

kinda like orton all season huh?

GEM
01-04-2010, 05:33 PM
I have no other sports. I wish football was opt out. Im not angry anymore. Im actualy 09 is over. Terrible year for Ol Clay, but I learned alot. I cant believe I quit smoking thru all that shit!

:shocked: Congrats to you!! No wonder you have been so cranky! :lol:

LawDog
01-04-2010, 05:34 PM

I'm getting my knee scoped on Friday - so I get to sit around on Sat and Sun watching the wildcard rounds. Wish the Blue and Orange would have been in one of the games... oh well.

LawDog
01-04-2010, 05:35 PM

Don't poke the bear...

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 05:36 PM

-----

because top if you havent figured it out...being one dimensional...one target 75% of the time...doesnt win many games does it

in the long run... a balanced attack featureing all your weapons is more benificial then a narrow visioned attack

to bad orton has tunnel vision

Crush05
Don't poke the bear...

:laugh::salute::lol:

arapaho2
Don't poke the bear...

what bear?...little ol top?

topscribe
01-04-2010, 05:37 PM

Rap, it's going to lose its humor if I have to explain it . . .

-----

Northman
01-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Seriously, Araph is now just becoming the new Broken troll. When will this shit end.

topscribe
01-04-2010, 05:40 PM
because top if you havent figured it out...being one dimensional...one target 75% of the time...doesnt win many games does it

in the long run... a balanced attack featureing all your weapons is more benificial then a narrow visioned attack

to bad orton has tunnel vision

Only if it doesn't work. Obviously, it worked. :whoknows:

-----

Crush05
01-04-2010, 05:41 PM

-----

I think it is funny he did not catch it!!!:doh:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2010, 05:43 PM
I can see your point. What I am saying is does not matter if your young or not your given a contract live up to it. If the team feels you due a new one you will get it. Rookies coming in need to understand this before signing that contract or they may as well get a job with whatever degree the got while in college! Again just my opinion!!!

I understand completely where you're coming from Crush, but remember that NFL contracts are not guaranteed and they usually favor the team's interests. Until you get that nice guaranteed money put in there, you are playing to get paid. The thing is, Marshall is still working under his original rookie contract and getting paid peanuts compared to the other guys in the league with nearly the same production.

Let's say McDaniels and Bowlen told Marshall before this season, "play well and you'll get your new deal", then in the second week of the season, Marshall tore up his knee or got arrested for beating his girlfriend again and is lost for the season. He gets nothing. Now let's say they trust that he'll produce again and give him the contract with say, $15 mil guaranteed money, he gets that portion of the contract no matter what happens. See why it's so valuable? Most of the elite players and starters in the league never play out their full first contract. They get paid early enough so this doesn't become an issue or they hold out to protect themselves.

Everyone would like to see players honor their contracts but because the teams don't have to honor them(not guaranteed) they could just cut a guy any time and the only thing he has is whatever guaranteed money is left on his contract and to look for a new job. Until NFL contracts become guaranteed both ways, it will never happen where elite players will just happily play out their contracts especially if they play better than the fair market value of their contract. Teams would never agree to this because then you'd have even more players get that big payday and then just quit on you because "hey, I get paid regardless if I catch 100 passes or 1". You get the picture.

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Only if it doesn't work. Obviously, it worked. :whoknows:

-----

it did????? which part...the 8-8 or the 44-24 beat down inflicted upon us by a 4 win team

topscribe
01-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Seriously, Araph is now just becoming the new Broken troll. When will this shit end.

Rap's a good guy. I've crossed swords with him for years now.

A bit misled, but a good guy . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

topscribe
01-04-2010, 05:47 PM
it did????? which part...the 8-8 or the 44-24 beat down inflicted upon us by a 4 win team

Now, Rap, you know a season, or even a game, is more than passes to one receiver.

But when you look at 12 receptions for 213 yards, you have to admit that part worked.

That is, if you're being reasonable . . .

-----

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 05:48 PM

-----

i guess i been apart from the stuff you call...humor, for to long:beer:

weazel
01-04-2010, 05:48 PM
:shocked: Congrats to you!! No wonder you have been so cranky! :lol:

he must have been quitting since Dec. 2007!

just kidding clay...

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Now, Rap, you know a season, or even a game, is more than passes to one receiver.

But when you look at 12 receptions for 213 yards, you have to admit that part worked.

That is, if you're being reasonable . . .

-----

sure it worked for gaffeny....but i dont give a damm about his stats...the stat that matters is w/l

and in that case gaff may have won a little praise..but we got our asses handed to us by a 4-11 team...so know it didnt work

i guess thou top if all you care about is the fact orton passed to gaff very well...then hey it was a success

Crush05
01-04-2010, 05:51 PM
I understand completely where you're coming from Crush, but remember that NFL contracts are not guaranteed and they usually favor the team's interests. Until you get that nice guaranteed money put in there, you are playing to get paid. The thing is, Marshall is still working under his original rookie contract and getting paid peanuts compared to the other guys in the league with nearly the same production.

Let's say McDaniels and Bowlen told Marshall before this season, "play well and you'll get your new deal", then in the second week of the season, Marshall tore up his knee or got arrested for beating his girlfriend again and is lost for the season. He gets nothing. Now let's say they trust that he'll produce again and give him the contract with say, $15 mil guaranteed money, he gets that portion of the contract no matter what happens. See why it's so valuable? Most of the elite players and starters in the league never play out their full first contract. They get paid early enough so this doesn't become an issue or they hold out to protect themselves.

Everyone would like to see players honor their contracts but because the teams don't have to honor them(not guaranteed) they could just cut a guy any time and the only thing he has is whatever guaranteed money is left on his contract and to look for a new job. Until NFL contracts become guaranteed both ways, it will never happen where elite players will just happily play out their contracts especially if they play better than the fair market value of their contract. Teams would never agree to this because then you'd have even more players get that big payday and then just quit on you because "hey, I get paid regardless if I catch 100 passes or 1". You get the picture.

I got the picture. But this is also his chosen profession and those are the hazarads of this profession like all of our own professions have! No job is perfect, nor is life. There are speed bumps throughout it all depends on how you take that speed bump in how smooth or rough things can be. If you remember Bowlen already said once this season that Marshall was on his way to a big contract, IMO Marshall may have hurt his value more than he helped it!!

topscribe
01-04-2010, 05:56 PM
sure it worked for gaffeny....but i dont give a damm about his stats...the stat that matters is w/l

and in that case gaff may have won a little praise..but we got our asses handed to us by a 4-11 team...so know it didnt work

i guess thou top if all you care about is the fact orton passed to gaff very well...then hey it was a success

Let me explain something to you, Rap . . .

The reason to run a play is to gain yards. It doesn't matter how you gain them.
That is the objective because the number of yards you gain gets you that
much closer to the goal line.

So Orton threw 12 completions to Gaffney for a total of 213 yards. That
means every completed pass brought the Broncos on the average of 17.75
yards closer to the opponents' goal line.

Now, you can raise the "stats are for losers" card all you want, but if a play
is going to get me 18 yards down the field, I'll pass to the same guy every
time.

That's what Orton did . . .

Hope that helps. :coffee:

-----

Northman
01-04-2010, 05:57 PM
That is Broken. He will get banned again.

topscribe
01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
That is Broken. He will get banned again.

No, that is Arapaho from Broncomania, here probably from my invitation (notice his join date). :)

-----

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Let me explain something to you, Rap . . .

The reason to run a play is to gain yards. It doesn't matter how you gain them.
That is the objective because the number of yards you gain gets you that
much closer to the goal line.

So Orton threw 12 completions to Gaffney for a total of 213 yards. That
means every completed pass brought the Broncos on the average of 17.75
yards closer to the opponents' goal line.

Now, you can raise the "stats are for losers" card all you want, but if a play
is going to get me 18 yards down the field, I'll pass to the same guy every
time.

That's what Orton did . . .

Hope that helps. :coffee:

-----

top i never said stats are for losers did i...you still only seeing what you want to ?..i said in the end what matters is W/L's

and in the end...his selective targeting got us what...a 44-24 beatdown and a 8-8 season

just like cutlers yards last year dont mean squat right? ortons narrow vision isnt a benefit, its a liability

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 06:03 PM
No, that is Arapaho from Broncomania, here probably from my invitation (notice his join date). :)

-----

actually i came back here cause alastor is getting insitutionalized...you cant question a infraction..kinda gestapho tactics over the mcd issue

topscribe
01-04-2010, 06:05 PM
top i never said stats are for losers did i...you still only seeing what you want to ?..i said in the end what matters is W/L's

and in the end...his selective targeting got us what...a 44-24 beatdown and a 8-8 season

just like cutlers yards last year dont mean squat right? ortons narrow vision isnt a benefit, its a liability

Now, c'mon, Rap. You surely are not that near-sighted.

12 receptions for 213 yards got us a 44-24 loss?

I really don't know how to respond to that. :lol:

-----

topscribe
01-04-2010, 06:08 PM
actually i came back here cause alastor is getting insitutionalized...you cant question a infraction..kinda gestapho tactics over the mcd issue

Well, welcome. :welcome: :beer:

I think I probably did invite you back in August 2007. I needed some competition.

But then, saying throwing 12 passes to a receiver for 213 yards precipitated a loss is hardly competition. :pound:

-----

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Now, c'mon, Rap. You surely are not that near-sighted.

12 receptions for 213 yards got us a 44-24 loss?

I really don't know how to respond to that. :lol:

-----

did it get us a win?...did orton deliberatly keying in on either gaff yesterday or marshall most of the season..get us wins...over the hump..into the playoffs?...no all it did was give mcd a little hope he's doing the right thing with marshall...adn give gaff the false belief he can be a #1wr

topscribe
01-04-2010, 06:49 PM
did it get us a win?...did orton deliberatly keying in on either gaff yesterday or marshall most of the season..get us wins...over the hump..into the playoffs?...no all it did was give mcd a little hope he's doing the right thing with marshall...adn give gaff the false belief he can be a #1wr

Rap, your argument has become conspicuously hollow.

Did 18 yards a pop get us a win?

No, so let's go to somebody else for 6.8 yards a pop, or something like that.

Maybe that will get us a win. :lol:

-----

weazel
01-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm not sure what you wanted him to do? throwing to Gaff got him 213 yards, was he supposed to hand it off to Moreno and watch him get stuffed AGAIN, or pass to someone else who may or may not have been open for the same or less yards? It's kind of a strange arguement

broncofaninfla
01-04-2010, 09:23 PM
I am a HUGE Mcd critic but I liked some of what he said in the presser. Proof will be in the pudding in how we do next year. If he keeps repeating mistakes and fails to change the direction in which the offense is headed he'll be doomed. I hope he does in fact make scheme changes and better use of some of the talent we have on offense.

rcsodak
01-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Not watching but I saw this in a tweet from a reporter:

McD said draft evaluation process will be different. More time to prepare and look for certain attributes. Seemed like they felt rushed 09

Well no shit!

When was he hired? When did he hire his assistants?

Of COURSE he was hurried.

I've said all along I have every confidence in his talent evaluation. Hell, you can see that just by the FA's he brought in. Not 1 Gerard Warren, CBrown, etc, in the lineup.

Ziggy
01-04-2010, 10:49 PM
He did a great job in free agency. I'm surpised at just how aggressive he was in the draft last season, after he admitted that he was rushed in preparing for it. Makes me wonder just how aggressive he will be this year when he has the full amount of time to prepare for it.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Way too long to post - the presser went over an hour. Can read it all here:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9740