PDA

View Full Version : Flozell Adams, Free Agent, Left Tackle

mclark
02-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Flozell Adams is 32, huge, and he went to the Pro Bowl again this year. He is a free agent. Do we want him?

Coachchaz: you probably watched Dallas more than anyone this year (along with DallasBronco)...what do you guys think?

This would free up our draft a bit.

BOSSHOGG30
02-22-2008, 02:29 PM
I have mixed feelings on this one. One has to wonder why the Cowgirls let him go so easy. I know he is a super player, but it is always weird when a team lets someone like this go.

shank
02-22-2008, 03:52 PM
he lead the league in false start penalties (9) and held (5) times.

i also think he's only slated for decline from here on out and will get a lot of money.

plus i don't think he really belonged in the pro bowl... i mean he's good, but almost the whole cowboys oline was there by default.

MHCBill
02-22-2008, 04:00 PM
I say pass...

Just about the time our team begins to compete for runs deep into the playoffs Adams will be near the end of his road.

Don't waste the money... let the young Oline develop together.

Retired_Member_001
02-22-2008, 06:34 PM
I say we need to get someone slightly younger on the offensive line. Flozell Adams is older, and will want a fat pay check.

As mentioned before he also gets alot of falst start penalties, I would say pass.

CoachChaz
02-22-2008, 06:48 PM
He's a player that teams will want for a quick fix at the right price. He's still a solid LT, but how much does he have left in the tank? If we signed him for a decent salary, I wouldn't be upset. Also keep in mind that Shanny pursued him and signed him to an offer sheet a few years ago when he was an RFA. Is Mike still interested?

As far as the Cowboys releasing him, keep in mind they just gave Romo a fat paycheck, re-signed Crayton, franchised Hamlin and pur a high tender on Barber...plus they have 2 first round picks. They have alot of their money in a few key players and really can't afford the long term committment to Flozell.

Astrass
02-22-2008, 06:51 PM
If the price is right.....but it probably wouldn't be.

dogfish
02-22-2008, 06:52 PM
He's a player that teams will want for a quick fix at the right price. He's still a solid LT, but how much does he have left in the tank? If we signed him for a decent salary, I wouldn't be upset. Also keep in mind that Shanny pursued him and signed him to an offer sheet a few years ago when he was an RFA. Is Mike still interested?

As far as the Cowboys releasing him, keep in mind they just gave Romo a fat paycheck, re-signed Crayton, franchised Hamlin and pur a high tender on Barber...plus they have 2 first round picks. They have alot of their money in a few key players and really can't afford the long term committment to Flozell.

maybe they think james marten or doug free is ready to take over the spot-- have you heard anything about either of them?

mclark
02-22-2008, 07:01 PM

I think a bit depends on how long Shanny thinks we are away from another Super Bowl run: a couple years? Then Adams might make sense. Of course, another thought is Shanny might be worried that his franchise qb will get killed if we don't get an exprienced left tackle to protect Jay's blind side.

CoachChaz
02-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Crawling inside Shanny's head is almost impossible this time of year. I won't be surprised if Adams is our LT next season.

jhns
02-22-2008, 08:00 PM
He wants paid and that is why the Cowboys are considering letting him leave. My Cowboy's fan friend says that Adams has said he will give them a discount to keep him though. If that is true, he will be back with the Cowboys.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-22-2008, 09:34 PM
maybe they think james marten or doug free is ready to take over the spot-- have you heard anything about either of them?

This was from the radio so no link, but that was mentioned as the #1 reason...they feel they have great depth and for what he would cost, they feel good enough w/ the youngsters to use the $$ elsewhere.