PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Bellicheck so arrogant?

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Okay I will give him the Welker ACL injury was early in the game and very unfortunate. (I like Welker and hate ANY injury)

but when up 27-13 he still has Brady in there. Mario Williams slammed him in the 4th Qtr and he threw a pick. Good thing he did not get hurt. The Pats with Brian (Jed) Hoyer would get destroyed by the Ravens.

I hate the "in bill we trust crap" He gets a free pass and this year he messed up many times. This is not 2004 anymore Mr Personality

You traded your best DLman
You gave up Vrabel for nothing
You traded your #2 in Hobbs, He is not great but better than an over the Hill Shawn Springs and could have helped this year.

YOu were 1-6 on the road this year with a win over that powerhouse Buffalo.
YOur other win was in London on a neutral site.

What happened to "the greatest coach of all time"
He is as my dad says "looking for value"

If they win the Super Bowl I will eat my crow and give credit but
I see them winning vs Balt in a close game and then getting smoked by Rivers in SD.

Just an unemployed chooches opinion.

take it for what its worth.

there are 10.2% of good NE fans. (yes WTE you are one of them, most around here suck. They are old crybaby Red Sox pre-2004 whiners who think everything should be given to them and they are the center of the universe.

"Boston is great and everyone else sucks". That is why I will NEVER be a Pats fan again. EVER. I would rather stick an ice pick in my eye as long as that arrogant jerk leads them. Also Bob Kraft charging $50 to park makes me want to puke. But rememer he is such a great guy. F him.

If not for Bledsoe and Parcells this team would be in ST Louis. Not enough people around here give them ANY credit.

pumpdoc
01-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Med, coffee a little bitter this am? Hahahaha

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Med, coffee a little bitter this am? Hahahaha

lol I have not liked NE since after teh Philly Super Bowl. The fans got too big for their britches around here.

I have always hated BB as well. He is so arrogant and around here he does no wrong ever. They defend the 4th and 2 like Christ made the call. It was a bad move but he never does anything wrong.

dont get me wrong
I have lots of respect
for Brady, Welker, Faulk, Mayo, Vulmer, Watson and Sammy Morris. Those guys are football players and not "me" players like some in the NFL.

pumpdoc
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Don't get me wrong I hate the ***** also.

OrangeHoof
01-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Belichick inactivated his two star DTs and, beginning just before halftime, switched to a defense with two down linemen on the edges and no linemen in the middle. It bothered Schaub for awhile but he eventually ran the ball more. Houston's undrafted practice squad back winds up with over 100 yds and 2 TDs.

I understand why Belichick is arrogant - at least he's done something three times to deserve some arrogance. What I want to know is why is McDaniels so arrogant?

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Belichick inactivated his two star DTs and, beginning just before halftime, switched to a defense with two down linemen on the edges and no linemen in the middle. It bothered Schaub for awhile but he eventually ran the ball more. Houston's undrafted practice squad back winds up with over 100 yds and 2 TDs.

I understand why Belichick is arrogant - at least he's done something three times to deserve some arrogance. What I want to know is why is McDaniels so arrogant?

Its because McD is a BB wannabe

MY problem was having Brady if after Welkers destroyed his ACL in a meaningless game.

Its not like the #3 seed or #4 seed are so different. If Brady got hurt they would be calling for his head. Mario Williams drilled him on the pick that led to Houston winning the game. He should not have been in there IMHO. Its not like you were fighting for a bye week or the undefeated season. Made zero sense.

I would Play him to halftime like the 49ers did in the 80s with Montana. They still won Super Bowls with that attitude.

Just my take.

pumpdoc
01-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I like what the Chargers did yesterday, pulled most of the offense and defense after 20 plays(1st qt.) and let the 2nd string get reps and win the game................

Poet
01-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Medford just dropped the mother ******* hammer.

Devilspawn
01-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Its because McD is a BB wannabe

MY problem was having Brady if after Welkers destroyed his ACL in a meaningless game.

Its not like the #3 seed or #4 seed are so different. If Brady got hurt they would be calling for his head. Mario Williams drilled him on the pick that led to Houston winning the game. He should not have been in there IMHO. Its not like you were fighting for a bye week or the undefeated season. Made zero sense.

I would Play him to halftime like the 49ers did in the 80s with Montana. They still won Super Bowls with that attitude.

Just my take.
The 3rd and 4th seeds are vastly different because the two could play in the Conference Title game. We can't assume that the #1 and #2 seeds are automatic. Arizona hosted the Conference Title game last year as the 4th seed. Third and fourth seeding is just like fighting for the 1 spot vs. settling for the 2.

Coaches are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It just shows that you can't win or lose no matter when you decide to sit your stars. I don't think Belichick would've been the only coach that would've played out for the 3rd seed. Those Niners teams if I'm not mistaken had their seedings locked, but I could be wrong.

weazel
01-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Okay I will give him the Welker ACL injury was early in the game and very unfortunate. (I like Welker and hate ANY injury)

but when up 27-13 he still has Brady in there. Mario Williams slammed him in the 4th Qtr and he threw a pick. Good thing he did not get hurt. The Pats with Brian (Jed) Hoyer would get destroyed by the Ravens.

I hate the "in bill we trust crap" He gets a free pass and this year he messed up many times. This is not 2004 anymore Mr Personality

You traded your best DLman
You gave up Vrabel for nothing
You traded your #2 in Hobbs, He is not great but better than an over the Hill Shawn Springs and could have helped this year.

YOu were 1-6 on the road this year with a win over that powerhouse Buffalo.
YOur other win was in London on a neutral site.

What happened to "the greatest coach of all time"
He is as my dad says "looking for value"

If they win the Super Bowl I will eat my crow and give credit but
I see them winning vs Balt in a close game and then getting smoked by Rivers in SD.

Just an unemployed chooches opinion.

take it for what its worth.

there are 10.2% of good NE fans. (yes WTE you are one of them, most around here suck. They are old crybaby Red Sox pre-2004 whiners who think everything should be given to them and they are the center of the universe.

"Boston is great and everyone else sucks". That is why I will NEVER be a Pats fan again. EVER. I would rather stick an ice pick in my eye as long as that arrogant jerk leads them. Also Bob Kraft charging $50 to park makes me want to puke. But rememer he is such a great guy. F him.

If not for Bledsoe and Parcells this team would be in ST Louis. Not enough people around here give them ANY credit.

Denver owns Bill....

sadly, nobody else.

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 01:56 PM
The 3rd and 4th seeds are vastly different because the two could play in the Conference Title game. We can't assume that the #1 and #2 seeds are automatic. Arizona hosted the Conference Title game last year as the 4th seed. Third and fourth seeding is just like fighting for the 1 spot vs. settling for the 2.

Coaches are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It just shows that you can't win or lose no matter when you decide to sit your stars. I don't think Belichick would've been the only coach that would've played out for the 3rd seed. Those Niners teams if I'm not mistaken had their seedings locked, but I could be wrong.

I disagree DS (and you are the most intelligent Raider fan I know btw hands down). At the expense of potentially losing Brady after losing your best WR this year would be devastating. Mario Williams smacked him and he has 3 broken ribs and a broken ring finger.

Cincy really showed how much they valued the #3 seed last night (sorry King.)

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Denver owns Bill....

sadly, nobody else.

more like Elway through PLummer owned the pats
the rest meh........

WTE
01-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Med,

I can think of a hundred cliches why Brady played most of the game, such as:

* "You play to win the game"

* "Football players play football during football season"

* "No guts, no glory"

However, Brady has limited game experience with Welker's replacement, rookie Julian Edelman. Having Brady stay in the game gave him time establishing timing and chemistry with Edelman and Julian ended up with 10 catches for 103 yards.

Pretty damn good but Edelman still had a few drops so there's plenty for them to work on.

I don't think it's arrogant to have Brady stay in the game. I think it's smart. Besides, I think it was mainly Brady who lobbied BB to return to the game.

Buff
01-04-2010, 06:31 PM
There are a million reasons to dislike Bellichick--but keeping his starters in is not one of them. One thing I actually like about BB is that you know he's going to bring the noise whether they're undefeated playing in a meaningless week 17 game or up 45 points in the 4th qtr of week 2.

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Med,

I can think of a hundred cliches why Brady played most of the game, such as:

* "You play to win the game"

* "Football players play football during football season"

* "No guts, no glory"

However, Brady has limited game experience with Welker's replacement, rookie Julian Edelman. Having Brady stay in the game gave him time establishing timing and chemistry with Edelman and Julian ended up with 10 catches for 103 yards.

Pretty damn good but Edelman still had a few drops so there's plenty for them to work on.

I don't think it's arrogant to have Brady stay in the game. I think it's smart. Besides, I think it was mainly Brady who lobbied BB to return to the game.

so you would be okay if Brady broke his ribs on the Mario Williams hit in a meaningless game?

Good luck with Jed Hoyer at QB then....
Okay we disagree then.

Happy New Year WTE. Good luck next week

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Also on a side note. Bellicheck said today that the turf was terrible at Houston with seams in all. If the field was not good, why risk the health of the face of your franchise as I said in a meaninless game. If it were so important then why did Ty Warren and Wilfork sit out? are they not as important to the team?

as the guy on 98.5 the sportshub said, it made no sense to me. btw WTE that channel is awesome. Way better than eei. You actually get intelligent conversation, especially from DA at night and for the most part Zolak, Tanguay and I like Massortti. Felger is a moron however.

SM19
01-04-2010, 08:06 PM
In my opinion, Belichick ought to sit all his starters anytime Bernard Pollard is on the field.

OrangeHoof
01-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Also on a side note. Bellicheck said today that the turf was terrible at Houston with seams in all. If the field was not good, why risk the health of the face of your franchise as I said in a meaninless game. If it were so important then why did Ty Warren and Wilfork sit out? are they not as important to the team?

The Reliant Stadium field has not always been very, um, reliant. The field is real grass which stays outside the stadium when not in use and grown on moveable pallettes. The pallettes are then moved inside the stadium and painted to make the playing surface.

One plus is that if a part of the field dies, you can replace individual pallettes and not resod the whole field. The downside, though, is that the turf doesn't hold all that well, particularly for sharp cuts.

I don't know if the same field was used for the Texas Bowl a few days earlier or if it got any time outdoors in between.

It wouldn't shock me at all if they eventually change to the popular new field turf made of recycled tires (the ones where the little black cloud pops up whenever shoes are dragged on it).

As for playing Brady, hard to say. He was already banged up and Belichick had halfway defaulted simply by sitting Wilfolk, Warren and Mulroney. I suppose the Colts debacle factored into Belichick's decision too.