PDA

View Full Version : University of Oklahoma wins appeal with NCAA, 2005 wins no longer vacated

NightTrainLayne
02-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Just announced here by Pres. David Boren. OU has won it's appeal with the NCAA over having to vacate all wins from the 2005 season. They will be able to claim these wins, including the Holiday Bowl.

This is a great vindication of Bob Stoops program. The wins don't really matter much in the grand scheme of things, but the NCAA is basically admitting that the punishment was too extreme, and that OU's self-enforcement and reporting were appropriate.

BigDaddyBronco
02-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Hey NTL, why does Texas not fall into the ocean?

Because Oklahoma sucks... :D

OB
02-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Just announced here by Pres. David Boren. OU has won it's appeal with the NCAA over having to vacate all wins from the 2005 season. They will be able to claim these wins, including the Holiday Bowl.

This is a great vindication of Bob Stoops program. The wins don't really matter much in the grand scheme of things, but the NCAA is basically admitting that the punishment was too extreme, and that OU's self-enforcement and reporting were appropriate.

Thank god - I can finally sleep at night :yawn: :coffee:

The NCAA did over punish OU - what the retarded QB and that other kid did had no effect on the team or how they played

Now if the patsies get caught - then I wanna see some vacating of wins (and I dont mean passing gas)

jhns
03-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I think the league should appeal this and take the wins away again. OU getting screwed is always a good thing.