PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos' opponents for season 2010

Magnificent Seven
01-04-2010, 12:30 AM
The National Football League realigned its divisional and conference structure in 2002 with the introduction of the Houston Texans as an expansion franchise, and with that adopted a scheduling format that determines the majority of each team’s opponents through the 2009 season. The formula, for each team, includes home and away games against each division foe (6 games), one game against each team in another division within a team’s conference (4 games), one game against each team in a division from the other conference (4 games) and two games against conference opponents to be determined by a team’s division finish the previous year. For example, in a year when the Broncos are playing each team from the AFC South, their two additional AFC opponents would be the teams from the East and North who finished second in their division.

Home

Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

San Diego Chargers

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

St. Louis Rams

Seattle Seahawks

New York Jets

Away

Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

San Diego Chargers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

Baltimore Ravens.

Overtime
01-04-2010, 12:56 AM
how the **** did we draw the god damn Ravens again??? and at their house nonetheless?

Doesn't look like the schedule God's are being too friendly to us again...because if the Titans, 49'ers, and Jets are all improved...we may finish worse than we did this year.

Broncolingus
01-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Schedule looks like Ca-Ca again...

Also agree...******* Ravens and Colts again! Cant beat either one of those GD teams...at home or on the road.

sneakers
01-04-2010, 01:20 AM
My old college roommate is sports newpaper writer for the Titans who has sideline access during the games....he always told me that he could bring me along if the broncos ever played there as his "photographer".

sneakers
01-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Schedule looks like Ca-Ca again...

Also agree...******* Ravens and Colts again! Cant beat either one of those GD teams...at home or on the road.

I cant think of a time in Raven's history in which we beat them....must be karma coming back from all the times we beat that franchise during the 80's.

BroncoHusker
01-04-2010, 01:24 AM
I cant think of a time in Raven's history in which we beat them....must be karma coming back from all the times we beat that franchise during the 80's.

I know we've beaten them in Denver at least twice this decade. I specifically remember 2006 and I remember another one, just not the year.

In Baltimore is a different story.

Unless there is a lot of improvement, I see another 8-8 like record with that schedule.

sneakers
01-04-2010, 01:40 AM
I know we've beaten them in Denver at least twice this decade. I specifically remember 2006 and I remember another one, just not the year.

In Baltimore is a different story.

Unless there is a lot of improvement, I see another 8-8 like record with that schedule.

The internets says head to head, both franchises are 3-3 against each other....wonder if it counted that playoff loss in 2000 or 2001?

BCJ
01-04-2010, 01:59 AM
I like going to SF as it is close for me (Jet Blue, SW) under $100 and those fans are the complete opposite of the Raiders fans. We had one huge tailgate in Arizona in 2006. Great stadium. I think there is a pic of over 100 Broncos fans tailgatting. With SD always in play and at least one early game in Denver, I need to decide, SF or AZ.

OrangeHoof
01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Only two trips to the East Coast. We also get the mega-weak NFC West.

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 12:39 PM
At least we got the NFC West, the weakest NFC divison IMO

but who knows what will happen in 9 months.

BroncoHusker
01-04-2010, 12:40 PM
The internets says head to head, both franchises are 3-3 against each other....wonder if it counted that playoff loss in 2000 or 2001?

Looked it up and we are 3-4 vs. the Ravens in the regular season and 0-1 in the playoffs...so 3-5 all time.

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 12:40 PM
I like going to SF as it is close for me (Jet Blue, SW) under $100 and those fans are the complete opposite of the Raiders fans. We had one huge tailgate in Arizona in 2006. Great stadium. I think there is a pic of over 100 Broncos fans tailgatting. With SD always in play and at least one early game in Denver, I need to decide, SF or AZ.

Go to AZ. You see a better team and the weather most likely will be better IMHO

CoachChaz
01-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I cant believe people are actually trying to predict the 2010 record already. LOL

Everyone thought this year would be 3-13...now next year we'll already be 8-8. Based on the average rate of how things actually worked out, I guess we'll finish 12-4 next year

BroncoHusker
01-04-2010, 02:33 PM
I cant believe people are actually trying to predict the 2010 record already. LOL

Everyone thought this year would be 3-13...now next year we'll already be 8-8. Based on the average rate of how things actually worked out, I guess we'll finish 12-4 next year

Hey...let's hope.

But after going 9-7, 7-9, 8-8, and 8-8 in the last four years, It seems pretty safe to say another 8-8 like record is coming. Outside of 2005, the Broncos have pretty much been a .500 team for the last decade.

EDIT: And I also predict the majority of our wins will come in September-October, rather than November-December. This I figure another safe assumption after what we've seen the past 10 years.

Northman
01-04-2010, 02:36 PM

I do. We beat them at home when we had Plummer and they had Boller. We also beat them early in their history when Testeverde was QBing and Elway was still playing. That was a barn burner that year. But we have never beaten them in MD. That sucks.

lameduck33
01-04-2010, 02:46 PM
wow, some high powered offenses there, houston, indy, san diegox2, and arizona. we will have to play some of the better defenses also, san fran, new york, san diego x2, and indy. should be a fun season, my buddy is a indy fan so we probably go to that. maybe get a call for season tix this year too!

BCJ
01-04-2010, 03:00 PM
wow, some high powered offenses there, houston, indy, san diegox2, and arizona. we will have to play some of the better defenses also, san fran, new york, san diego x2, and indy. should be a fun season, my buddy is a indy fan so we probably go to that. maybe get a call for season tix this year too!

best time to get season tickets. Let all those that want to jump off, do so. I only waited 8 months in 95. Seems my South Stand seats was a pretty good investment while we had one of the best 3 seasons ever just one season later. Good luck and stay away from those overpriced club seats.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Only two trips to the East Coast. We also get the mega-weak NFC West.

Yeah, but the "mega weak" NFC west handed us our ass in 2006 and that was before the Cardinals were a good team. In that time, The 49ers got better. The She-hawks look pretty bad but they have a solid squad on paper. The only team that's even remotely a "great chance' to beat is St Louis, then again we thought we'd do that to Oakland and KC at home, too.