PDA

View Full Version : Marshall evidently cant breathe in cold weather

Northman
01-03-2010, 10:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4792471

Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels decided to bench wide receiver Brandon Marshall for the regular-season finale after he was late to a scheduled therapy session with the Denver medical staff for treatment of a hamstring injury the team already believed he was exaggerating, according to multiple team sources.

Both Marshall and tight end Tony Scheffler have been advised they will not be permitted on the sideline or in the locker room when the Broncos play the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday in a game with playoff implications. It is the team's policy not to allow inactive players on the sideline or in the locker room.

The Broncos sent Marshall for an MRI on his hamstring after he complained of the injury during Wednesday's practice. According to team sources, the test indicated that Marshall's hamstring was healthy.

The latest showdown between the head coach and the Pro Bowl receiver actually began the week before when Marshall excused himself from practice, complaining the cold weather was making it difficult for him to breathe.

Then, as the team reviewed tape of its loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, in which Marshall dropped several passes, McDaniels mentioned that certain plays had to be made. Marshall apparently felt he was being unfairly singled out for criticism.

According to Broncos sources, the problems with Marshall and Scheffler came after team leaders including Brian Dawkins, Champ Bailey, Kyle Orton, D.J. Williams and Daniel Graham all met with McDaniels on Monday and encouraged him to take a hardline approach in preparing the team to finish the season against the Chiefs.

That development, combined with a home loss to the Raiders, compelled McDaniels to emphasize the need for accountability in a full team meeting Wednesday. It was later that day when Marshall complained about his hamstring.

Scheffler was presumably demoted to the scout team after he was overheard telling teammates that he couldn't wait for Denver's season to end.

The Broncos do not think it's a coincidence that Marshall became a distraction almost immediately after achieving several personal goals, including having another 100-catch season and making the Pro Bowl. McDaniels has been implementing a team-first mentality similar to that he experienced while part of Bill Belichick's staff with the three-time Super Bowl champion New England Patriots.

It's possible Marshall has played his last game with the Broncos, sources close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Marshall is scheduled to be a free agent this offseason, and will be a restricted free agent if next season is uncapped, as is expected.

In an uncapped year, the Broncos would be expected to tender Marshall at the highest level possible -- one worth a first- and third-round draft choice. If another team signed Marshall to an offer sheet, Denver would have seven days to match it. If Denver opted not to match the offer -- and the Broncos have shown little inclination of signing him to a long-term deal -- then Marshall would become the other teams' property and Denver would get back first- and third-round draft choices.

Because Marshall would be a free agent, Denver could not trade Marshall without his signing an offer sheet with another team.

Ed Werder is an NFL reporter for ESPN. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter contributed to this report.

Yea, Marshall is very credible. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Get these ******** off my favorite team.

Shazam!
01-03-2010, 10:48 PM
It is obvious McD made the right move. Hard decisions to make.

sneakers
01-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Well, that puts things in a different light.

ikillz0mbies
01-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Hard is an understatement. For a young first year coach to make these decisions at the risk of pissing off a passionate fan base is damn ballsy. I really hope it pays off in the end. I have supported him all season and this season has been frustrating and at the same time hopeful. Can't wait for the moves this off-season brings that makes this team better.

shank
01-03-2010, 10:54 PM
kyle orton's post game interview was the most telling thing i've seen so far.

he basically says that the guys who played were the ones who wanted to play to win (even though it didn't ******* look like it).

being a marshall fan and a scheffler fan... it's tough to accept, but hearing it from orton in that way lends a ton of credibility to the decision.

lameduck33
01-03-2010, 11:18 PM
yet before the game, i was listening to an interview on 850 koa with orton and he mentioned there that there was no distractions with marshall this year and that he thought marshall done good and well deserved a probowl, this interview was before the wednesday-friday mess that happened but it puzzled me that all this changed after the fact!

BroncoWave
01-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Well Marshall wouldn't have made a bit of difference today regardless so I think McD is off the hook in that regard. The D killed us today, along with Orton's 2 brainfarts.

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Where are all the Marshall/Scheffler fluffers now? LMAO

spikerman
01-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Sounds like a trade to Tampa Bay is in order. It's warm there.

skycoyote
01-03-2010, 11:52 PM
If I was a "Hall of Fame" reciever I would leave Denver too.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Where are all the Marshall/Scheffler fluffers now? LMAO

Still my favorite Bronco by far, Marshall, that is.

Best player on this roster.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-04-2010, 12:22 AM
If I was a "Hall of Fame" reciever I would leave Denver too.

So would I. Franchise has turned into one major shit show.

I didn't think it could get much worse but Denver looks like a last ditch option for most these days which is both saddening and frightening considering the current make up of this lackadaisical roster.

bcbronc
01-04-2010, 01:54 AM
Still my favorite Bronco by far, Marshall, that is.

Best player on this roster.

maybe we can trade him to the Eskimos for Fred Stamps.

although Edmonton was the coldest place on the planet a couple of weeks ago, so Marshall probably won't be happy.

GEM
01-04-2010, 02:02 AM
He had everyone fooled. Just pay him....I'm happy we didn't go that route. It was just a matter of time. :yardog:

getlynched47
01-04-2010, 02:11 AM
I realize now that Brandon Marshall was just quietly using the Broncos to get his stats, that way it would ensure a major contract for him regardless of whether he stayed here or not.

Basically after achieving his personal goals, he shut it down. That's unacceptable, and low.

Brandon Marshall was one of my favorite Broncos the past decade, and I'm sad to see that it's come to this.

I really hope we can unload him for minimum a 1st round pick, because we need another receiver (big receiver) and we really need to revamp our interior offensive line and the defensive line. As cliche as it really sounds, you win in the trenches.

After our 6-0 start, the Broncos suddenly were struggling to run the ball consistently, protect Kyle Orton, and stop the run defensively. Consequently, we went on a 2-8 skid thereafter.

I really would not be upset one bit if we went interior offensive line in the first round, just make the right choice.

Poet
01-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Is this where I jump in and scream "I told you so?"

BCJ
01-04-2010, 02:53 AM
So would I. Franchise has turned into one major shit show.

I didn't think it could get much worse but Denver looks like a last ditch option for most these days which is both saddening and frightening considering the current make up of this lackadaisical roster.

maybe you can follow Marshall wherever he is next season. I will stick with my team and team attitude. Maybe you bought a Marshall jersey and now feel you should have waited on that purchase. Tuck it under the Cutler jersey in your closet. Last ditch option for most? Sure the last 4 years hasnt been pretty but I can name two teams just in this division that have been god awful the last 3 seasons. Marshall doesnt care which team he goes to, as long as he gets the $$$$, he is good to go.

dogfish
01-04-2010, 03:55 AM
Is this where I jump in and scream "I told you so?"

no, this is where you go get me a sammich. . .

and while you're at it, please beat san diego in the playoffs so we don't have to hear those tools running their mouths. . .

ursamajor
01-04-2010, 04:32 AM
I realize now that Brandon Marshall was just quietly using the Broncos to get his stats

As a fan of a team, seeing something like that really sucks. But, from the perspective of the players, every game could end in a career ending injury. His play going into the season was far above what the Broncos front office was willing to pay him. He was forced to stay and be under payed. So he played, put up stellar numbers again, and then took himself out of harms way.

He used the Broncos, and the Broncos used him.

Three consecutive 100 catch seasons. That has to be high up in the all-time NFL Pantheon. But he is the most underpaid athlete in all of professional sports.

And this is a talent driven league-not a character driven league. If character was the zenith, GMs would be combing the Peace Corps, and not Top College programs for prospects.

silkamilkamonico
01-04-2010, 05:10 AM
As a fan of a team, seeing something like that really sucks. But, from the perspective of the players, every game could end in a career ending injury. His play going into the season was far above what the Broncos front office was willing to pay him. He was forced to stay and be under payed. So he played, put up stellar numbers again, and then took himself out of harms way.

Three consecutive 100 catch seasons. That has to be high up in the all-time NFL Pantheon. But he is the most underpaid athlete in all of professional sports.

And this is a talent driven league-not a character driven league. If character was the zenith, GMs would be combing the Peace Corps, and not Top College programs for prospects.

Hardly. He was going to be extended until he started acting like a 7 year old in preseason. That screwed any extension talks an justified him having to play another season. There's a reason why guys like that don't get extended, especially in terms of 'previous play'.

SoCalImport
01-04-2010, 06:17 AM
All this proves is that Marshall never had any intention of staying in Denver.

He's looking for the $ but wants it from somewhere else. He would've (probably) been payed to stay, but decided to sandbag and get away from McD, Bowlen, and the press that's been covering his antics and spectacular play for 3 years now.

It'll be a rude awakening wherever B'marsh ends up. Can you imagine the field day the press in any "big market" will have with this guy?

Nomad
01-04-2010, 06:22 AM
20 degrees ain't cold!! Now, -5 may be getting a little chilly!!

Pretty much Marshall's running out of excuses!!!:coffee:

ursamajor
01-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Hardly. He was going to be extended until he started acting like a 7 year old in preseason.

I thought that it was until Mike got fired.

gobroncsnv
01-04-2010, 07:47 AM

Yeah. give me a team full of TO's... Talent matters, not character.

Sorry, I'll take guys like Eddie Mac and Rod Smith over TO... no question, Owens is the superior talent... but the man's got no rings, and doesn't deserve one. TEAM players win SB's, even if they are superstars. For my money, I'd rather go to war (or NFL games) with people that have my back, and they know I have theirs.

broncofaninfla
01-04-2010, 09:12 AM
We fielded a team of team players yetserday and got our asses handed to us by a bottom dweller...........

claymore
01-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Im suprised that anyone is suprised.

GEM
01-04-2010, 10:08 AM

Let's not forget why he was on a low paid contract. He was Rd 1 gifted, but Rd 4 stupid. His character issues caused him to go in the 4th which doesn't secure a large amount of money. Guys work hard and keep their character shit at bay in order to secure Rd 1 money, Brandon, as usual, figured he could do as little as possible, while being as stupid as possible and still get paid. He figured wrong and his pocket book paid the price.

Don't feel sorry for the guy, he put himself in all of his own scenarios.

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Well Marshall wouldn't have made a bit of difference today regardless so I think McD is off the hook in that regard. The D killed us today, along with Orton's 2 brainfarts.

Unless he could play LB and stop the Run. Marshall would have been a mute point. I am so disappointed in our D from yesterday. It looked like 2008 all over again :tsk:

Yes the picks sucked as well but you cant make Charles (who is talented) have that much space or he will kill you. He is a like Chris Johnson. KC has their RB of the future for next year that is for sure.

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Yeah. give me a team full of TO's... Talent matters, not character.

Sorry, I'll take guys like Eddie Mac and Rod Smith over TO... no question, Owens is the superior talent... but the man's got no rings, and doesn't deserve one. TEAM players win SB's, even if they are superstars. For my money, I'd rather go to war (or NFL games) with people that have my back, and they know I have theirs.

Yeah they would get a bunch of quitters when things dont go their way.

I agree on the frmr Broncos guys. They have the attitude that McD wants. Its about winning not stats. If you like stats go play baseball, the stat driven league:coffee:

claymore
01-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Let's not forget why he was on a low paid contract. He was Rd 1 gifted, but Rd 4 stupid. His character issues caused him to go in the 4th which doesn't secure a large amount of money. Guys work hard and keep their character shit at bay in order to secure Rd 1 money, Brandon, as usual, figured he could do as little as possible, while being as stupid as possible and still get paid. He figured wrong and his pocket book paid the price.

Don't feel sorry for the guy, he put himself in all of his own scenarios.
Marshall played for a shit school. His off the field stuff was minor. He wasnt drafted high because he wasnt viewed as a #1 WR. Not because of his off the field stuff.

Marshall also played safety for seven games because his DB's were decimated by injury. THAT hurt his pocket book, but it was best for the team so he did it.

Big Slow WR's who played safety for shitty football programs arent usually drafted in the first round.

CoachChaz
01-04-2010, 10:32 AM
The guy was nick-named Baby TO...and let's not pretend it was ONLY because of his size.

He went to a mid=level school and played decently. Based on those things, he was drafted where he should have been drafted. SO...he came to the NFl, improved and excelled. But prior to that...he didnt deserve anything more than what HE AGREED to

G_Money
01-04-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't feel sorry for Marshall. I do believe that he was absolutely sure he wasn't getting what he wanted from Denver (ie, the money) and that McDaniels has made it blatantly clear that if you are not one of "his guys" then he has no interest in making concessions or having you locked onto his team, and he will throw you under the bus at any opportunity (see: the whole year, continuing in the final game presser when he basically blamed Shanny holdovers for being the ones who can't hack it and that's why the team collapses every year, or his comments about the line being the reason he's not playing Hillis).

McDaniels sounds more and more like Mangini to me every time he talks. He's gonna get his way: Most of the talented players that Shanahan drafted should be on his way out of town shortly. He'll get to finish the roster makeover that he feels he has to make in order to be successful. No one will be able to say about him what they said about Gruden: "Oh, he won a Super Bowl with the previous coach's players."

Of course, I personally would rather have the Super Bowl than the credit, but maybe he feels like he can't get one without the other.

Knowing that, Marshall went out and got his numbers (in the system - he had to be the open guy and make the plays, after all. Nobody catches 100 passes in 3 straight seasons in 2 different systems without knowing the system and being very talented). Marshall looked out for Marshall, which is exactly what I said would happen when we traded Jay. Anybody who wasn't Josh's Guy was gonna start to get selfish instead of sacrificing for the good of the team, because it was made very apparent early on that he wasn't gonna look out for you.

Once that happens, then yeah, you have to replace those guys. But creating a rift, strengthening that rift, and then saying, "see? Had a rift, have to fix it by dumping players X, Y and Z" is disingenuous. I can't give Josh props for having a rift with Marshall and then being "courageous" enough to dump him for the good of the team. Dumping multiple pro-bowl talents is rarely a good thing in a vacuum. It's only good if you can replace pro-bowl talent with either a) other, better-for-you pro-bowl talent and/or b) with guys who will play really well for the team and not themselves.

When the Steelers let Porter walk they did it because they had Harrison and a guy who believed Harrison was his next Big Thing. Porter was a Pro Bowler who was owed bank and who was a bit more him-centric than team-centric, even though he played his ass out on the field.

Does anybody think we have Marshall's replacement on this roster?

We need to find skill-position talent on O as well as line help on both sides of the ball. The roster currently looks like the little dutch boy sticking his fingers in the dike and trying to prevent disaster.

Hopefully Josh can get on top of this thing once he finishes with the roster turnover and we can plug holes instead of just moving them from one place to another. And hopefully we can use (or already have used, in some cases) the picks from Marshall and Sheffler and Cutler to do so.

But I can't say, "Thank God McDaniels didn't pay Marshall the money, look at what happened." I don't thank a guy for setting my wallet on fire and then stomping out the fire. I don't care that it was snakeskin and he thought it was a real snake.

I expect a new wallet. Preferrably filled with at least as much cash as I had in it.

I'll take even more cash for the inconvenience at this point, Josh. Don't be stingy. You're gonna get the roster of Your Guys. They'd better be Benjamins and not Washingtons.

~G

Poet
01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
I'd like to point out that the Steelers let a ton of 'stars' walk over the years. A lot of them aren't stars and are products of the system (read Casey Hampton's defensive line play and Dick LeBeau).

I don't think McD caused a rift with Marshall. Marshall got benched when he screwed up, and then when he was doing his job he had no issues with McD. Then, his actions cause team leaders to seek out McD.

Is it possible that McD egged on Marshall or whatever? Sure, but I can give you a nice long list of players and coaches who clashed that shared great success together.

Marshall did this to himself because he's a punk.

G, it's a wonderful sight to see you posting again. :salute:

weazel
01-04-2010, 12:56 PM
damn, take me back to the days of Eddy Mac and Rod Smith. The majority of wide receivers in this league are like 16 year old attention seeking girls.

G_Money
01-04-2010, 02:07 PM
No arguin that Marshall is a punk either.

Every team has punks. There aren't enough nice guys to go around.

A head coach that can't deal with a punk is gonna be in trouble. I hope Josh learns something from his first year as a HC when it comes to dealing with his problem children. Maybe next year when His Guys are running the locker room he can let them keep the punks in line.

Fingers crossed.

As for the Steelers, yes, they do let a lot of productive players walk, who are productive partly because they are in the system. Marshall played in Shanahan's offense and thrived, and in Josh's and thrived. He's not a system player. He's actually great.

It's possible to replace actual greatness with system-enhanced greatness. But Royal disappeared this year, so now we have to wonder if he was system-enhanced greatness. If so, that hurts because we don't run that system any more and we need more than one wideout.

I didn't notice anyone this year that had a great year because of the system they played in. Our OL looks ill-suited to the blocking scheme, our DL was exposed as the year went on, our RB was darn mediocre at best, only Marshall had a stellar year as a wideout, etc.

Doom might be a name you'd use, but then Doom had 10+ sacks in other years as a DL - he also looks like a player that's just a good sacker, not a system-pass-rusher.

If we're waiting to get a system that will let us change out the Marshalls of the world for similarly-productive players due merely to the schemes we run, we may have to wait a while. We certainly don't have them stacked up like cord-wood waiting in the wings, like the Steelers do.

Not yet.

~G

Northman
01-04-2010, 02:14 PM
A head coach that can't deal with a punk is gonna be in trouble.

Not really, San Fran didnt deal with it, Philly didnt deal with it, Dallas didnt deal with it, Minny didnt deal with and Oakland didnt deal with it. Now, Denver isnt dealing with it. Right now, Cincy is the only one really dealing with one but they havent been relevant for the most part until this year. There are players with egos and then there are punks. The punks are the ones who spend a lot of time traveling from team to team causing disruption in their wake. You think Dalls isnt happy that they unloaded Owens? Think again. Moss has changed for the better but mainly because his situation improved and he now understands the importance of being a team player. Ironically, taught by McDaniels mentor. McD still needs to learn some things but tolerating selfish players isnt one of them and i personally am thankful for that.

lameduck33
01-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Moss has changed for the better but mainly because his situation improved and he now understands the importance of being a team player

wrong moss was late to team meeting, but got to play that week, didnt start but got to play, belecheat knows that he needs him to help him win, last year moss was bitching about not getting the ball, so what happens they began to get him the ball!

Northman
01-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Moss has changed for the better but mainly because his situation improved and he now understands the importance of being a team player

wrong moss was late to team meeting, but got to play that week, didnt start but got to play, belecheat knows that he needs him to help him win, last year moss was bitching about not getting the ball, so what happens they began to get him the ball!

Yea, he got to play because he didnt say he had an owie. He got to play because he didnt wish the season had ended. He got to play because he didnt excuse himself because he was too cold. Get the picture? :lol:

Poet
01-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Moss is also a first ballot HOFer who may be a top five WR of all time.

Not saying that his shit doesn't stink, but his teammates RALLIED AROUND HIM and not against him like Marshall.

That means something.

lameduck33
01-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Yea, he got to play because he didnt say he had an owie. He got to play because he didnt wish the season had ended. He got to play because he didnt excuse himself because he was too cold. Get the picture? :lol:

yet he punished adalius thomas though, so you know you can manage to get by with one, but know you cannot with the other! kinda a double standard! smart coaches know how that winning keeps the paychecks coming, mcd should know that!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Not really, San Fran didnt deal with it, Philly didnt deal with it, Dallas didnt deal with it, Minny didnt deal with and Oakland didnt deal with it. Now, Denver isnt dealing with it. Right now, Cincy is the only one really dealing with one but they havent been relevant for the most part until this year. There are players with egos and then there are punks. The punks are the ones who spend a lot of time traveling from team to team causing disruption in their wake. You think Dalls isnt happy that they unloaded Owens? Think again. Moss has changed for the better but mainly because his situation improved and he now understands the importance of being a team player. Ironically, taught by McDaniels mentor. McD still needs to learn some things but tolerating selfish players isnt one of them and i personally am thankful for that.

I think you're focusing too much on just the "single bad apple in the barrel" point of view, North. All teams have had to deal with bad attitudes and hold-outs from star players not named TO or Moss at some point and didn't just trade them away and make them someone else's problem. Look at Carolina. Peppers was bound and determined to be paid or be gone. John Fox kept his cool, kept his mouth shut to the media, franchise tagged Peppers, continued to keep his mouth shut, waited him out, and finally Peppers caved in and signed his tender. A win for Carolina and no loss of face for either side.

TO is a separate animal unto himself. I just don't see Marshall as being that bad. TO has done a lot worse things in the media to his teammates and coaches. Marshall doesn't call out Orton, or McDaniels after a loss or cry to the media for the ball after a loss. He's actually not bad during the season. This was a contract dispute that became a personalty dispute that went bad and became irreconcilable. McDaniels has made up his mind and it's time to move on. Contract disputes happen all the time. that's all this really was.

Gamechanger
01-04-2010, 02:49 PM
who is this guy trying to be? the NFL Shaq?

get what you can for him, Shanny was going to do the same.......

GEM
01-04-2010, 03:08 PM
who is this guy trying to be? the NFL Shaq?

get what you can for him, Shanny was going to do the same.......

That's exactly what I was telling my dad yesterday. Hell, you gotta do alot to Shanny for him to get to that point and he was there. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but it's happened with more than one coach so that lends merit that there is more to the story than we know and more to it than what Marshall is releasing to the press.

Poet
01-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Marshall has been suspended by Goodell after what, 3 arrests? He's quit on his team twice and there's a lot of speculation about what really happened with his wrist.

He's an elite talent. He's an elite WR. He's probably a top five WR. He's not worth a first and a third, and I don't think that anyone barring Washington will offer you that.

This guy was acting up well before McDaniels was your coach. I don't think this can go on McDaniels.

Northman
01-04-2010, 04:18 PM
I think you're focusing too much on just the "single bad apple in the barrel" point of view, North. All teams have had to deal with bad attitudes and hold-outs from star players not named TO or Moss at some point and didn't just trade them away and make them someone else's problem. Look at Carolina. Peppers was bound and determined to be paid or be gone. John Fox kept his cool, kept his mouth shut to the media, franchise tagged Peppers, continued to keep his mouth shut, waited him out, and finally Peppers caved in and signed his tender. A win for Carolina and no loss of face for either side.

TO is a separate animal unto himself. I just don't see Marshall as being that bad. TO has done a lot worse things in the media to his teammates and coaches. Marshall doesn't call out Orton, or McDaniels after a loss or cry to the media for the ball after a loss. He's actually not bad during the season. This was a contract dispute that became a personalty dispute that went bad and became irreconcilable. McDaniels has made up his mind and it's time to move on. Contract disputes happen all the time. that's all this really was.

Well, that sort of what my point was. G money sort of eluded too that having a "punk" was sort of the norm. It really is not. Peppers is nowhere near the problem that TO or Marshall has been. Then you throw in the fact that Peppers really hasnt even been that relevant the past few years so naturally i think he would of caved. But outside of that all the points you touched on were right on.

GEM
01-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Marshall has been suspended by Goodell after what, 3 arrests? He's quit on his team twice and there's a lot of speculation about what really happened with his wrist.

He's an elite talent. He's an elite WR. He's probably a top five WR. He's not worth a first and a third, and I don't think that anyone barring Washington will offer you that.

This guy was acting up well before McDaniels was your coach. I don't think this can go on McDaniels.

Nope, it can't. But people are looking for more reasons to hate McD, just like I look for every reason to hate Cutler. :laugh:

gobroncsnv
01-05-2010, 07:53 AM
We fielded a team of team players yetserday and got our asses handed to us by a bottom dweller...........

And how's Indy's group of team players doing this year? New Orleans?

If you think I meant we don't go for quality as well in character as talent, then don't bother thinking anything else through either. It's usually not the team with the most talent that wins against a team that plays TOGETHER.

Kind of interesting to note that KC's season started to improve once they got rid of Larry Johnson. If I recall correctly, Cincy seemed to start to decline after they signed him, but that's yet to work out to a conclusion. We'll see...