PDA

View Full Version : In McD's presser, looks like Orton will be here next year as well

Northman
01-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Just listening to McD's presser, he said that Kyle had made some strides in learning the offense and would of liked to have some plays back but that McD enjoyed working with him and in the future.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

So i guess it will be building the trenches.

MOtorboat
01-03-2010, 09:52 PM
As it should be.

Broncolingus
01-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Coach can/should say that...

Need a QB in draft probably...dont see much trade, course that means Orton for at least another year probably.

I like Orton and think - long term - would (like Plummbor) make a good backup...

Foochacho
01-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Good we need him for a couple more years until we can find a replacement.

Northman
01-03-2010, 09:54 PM
McD also said he knows he made some mistakes this year and will learn from them. So he does understand that it was a learning process for him as well. ACCOUNTABILITY.

MOtorboat
01-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Need some receiver who will catch the ball. The drops are inexcusable.

Need a pair of guards who can block something.

Fix those two things and this team wins, at least, three more games. Orton is not the problem, although, over the next seven months, he'll be made to be on this message board.

I'd like to hear the comments of those who said he can't throw deep after throwing deep very well, and in to coverage, today. (Cue: YEAH, but he threw three interceptions and I don't know how to watch a game!)

Shazam!
01-03-2010, 09:57 PM
They still need to Draft a QB. Simms is gone. Try to push Brandy up the depth chart at least.

Broncolingus
01-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Maybe we'll try and trade for Tom Brady...

BroncoWave
01-03-2010, 10:00 PM

Jabar Gaffney. I think he will be more than suitable as our #1 guy next year, although we will still need to add another WR though the draft or FA.

Gaffney has been solid all year when he's been involved in the passing game, and he showed today that he can be a legit #1 guy for us.

ikillz0mbies
01-03-2010, 10:02 PM
WR in the later rounds anyone? Mardy Gilyard in the 3rd-4th? I like him.

Ravage!!!
01-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Why would we start believing McD now? I can only hope he's lying again.

MOtorboat
01-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Jabar Gaffney. I think he will be more than suitable as our #1 guy next year, although we will still need to add another WR though the draft or FA.

Gaffney has been solid all year when he's been involved in the passing game, and he showed today that he can be a legit #1 guy for us.

Well, he certainly isn't a No. 1, imo, but he is a piece of the puzzle. It would be nice if Marshall had a solid head on his shoulders, but he doesn't.

Royal has been injured, and quite frankly, I just can't figure out why he couldn't get involved in the offense. He struggled to get open. Maybe he couldn't pick up the scheme very well.

Ravage!!!
01-03-2010, 10:04 PM

No he didn't. He played ONE game against the Chiefs. How is that proving anything??? People said the EXACT same thing last year about Royal. In fact, I heard all off-season long from teh posters here, that Royal was the best WR on the team. Now people are wanting to draft a new WR, and/or put Gaffney ahead of him?? Gaffney because he had a good game against the Chiefs. :lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 10:10 PM

Fix those two things and this team wins, at least, three more games. Orton is not the problem, although, over the next seven months, he'll be made to be on this message board.

I'd like to hear the comments of those who said he can't throw deep after throwing deep very well, and in to coverage, today. (Cue: YEAH, but he threw three interceptions and I don't know how to watch a game!)

Classic! :lol:

MOtorboat
01-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Classic! :lol:

You don't know shit. :D

And this comment (of course among a zillion others, proves it).

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 10:14 PM
You don't know shit. :D

And this comment (of course among a zillion others, proves it).

I know, I get told that a lot. ;)

Strangely, it's always when expressing an opinion around here. :lol:

topscribe
01-03-2010, 10:15 PM

Oh, they've already begun . . .

-----

JDL
01-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Just listening to McD's presser, he said that Kyle had made some strides in learning the offense and would of liked to have some plays back but that McD enjoyed working with him and in the future.

No reason he shouldn't be... you don't sign a street FA QB or rookie QB and have him do much... he isn't the answer, but he's at least serviceable while the answer is groomed.

dogfish
01-03-2010, 10:25 PM

that'll work great if we get to play KC's feeble secondary 16 times next year-- otherwise, not so much. . .

and the writing's been on the wall for orton being back for a while now. . . i'm fine with it, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed that we also look for a more dynamic option to develop for the future. . . i like orton as a bridge to the next guy-- that veteran mentor who can at least play well enough to keep you competitive in the meantime, and possibly as a high quality backup a year or two down the road. . . IMO, our best course will be to offer him a MODEST extension, knowing that we can keep him with the high tender (assuming the absence of a new CBA) if he won't take it. . . if we can get a QB prospect like maybe tony pike or sean canfield in the 2nd or 3rd i think we'd be wise to do it. . . or, depending on how things fall out, i'd consider taking bradford at #11 if mcclain and berry are gone-- and IMO that becomes a no-brainer if we can't trade out of the spot. . . i'd love to trade back a few spots and maybe get a player like jared odrick or mike iupati (or golden tate if we get a 1st for marshall), but i think it would be tough for me to justify one of those guys over bradford if he's there at 11. . .

we'll see. . . should be an interresting offseason, for sure. . . i'm going to be disappointed if we go forward with orton as our long term plan with no competition beyond brandstater, and i'd hate to pay orton bigtime QB money, but at this point i won't be especially surprised with anything mcdaniels does-- we really don't have enough history to predict his personnel moves with any accuracy, other than knowing that he's going to do whatever it takes to get the guys he wants, and that he isn't afraid to make bold moves and outside opinions be damned. . .

Broncolingus
01-03-2010, 10:25 PM
No reason he shouldn't be... you don't sign a street FA QB or rookie QB and have him do much... he isn't the answer, but he's at least serviceable while the answer is groomed.

Agreed...he's also NOT the (only) problem of this season.

BroncoWave
01-03-2010, 10:28 PM
No he didn't. He played ONE game against the Chiefs. How is that proving anything??? People said the EXACT same thing last year about Royal. In fact, I heard all off-season long from teh posters here, that Royal was the best WR on the team. Now people are wanting to draft a new WR, and/or put Gaffney ahead of him?? Gaffney because he had a good game against the Chiefs. :lol:

He's been solid all year in our offense when he's been involved. He's obviously no Marshall but I think he could be plenty productive as a starter next year. But like I said, we will obviously need another good WR to go along with him.

JDL
01-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Well, he certainly isn't a No. 1, imo, but he is a piece of the puzzle. It would be nice if Marshall had a solid head on his shoulders, but he doesn't.

Royal has been injured, and quite frankly, I just can't figure out why he couldn't get involved in the offense. He struggled to get open. Maybe he couldn't pick up the scheme very well.

He didn't struggle to get open... Orton struggles with that type of WR (quick and small) ... every slant he ever threw him, just about, was behind him. That is just something Orton has always had a problem with... you'll notice that we throw FAR less slants than ever before. Screens, more straight line routes, even some outs (really Orton is throwing straight line and not having to adjust for a lateral movement too much on those either.)

BTW, really doesn't say a lot when you say Orton can throw it deep when his underthrown deep pass in part cost the team the game and he was luck to complete the one he underthrew to Lloyd and against the Giants Marshall bailed him out big time with a one-handed grab... he can throw it deep.. but it is rarely on target.. and so it is smart for the Broncos to run the offense the way they do... Orton is not a perfect QB and is upgradeable... but he is fine for the time being... he just has flaws... some people no matter how much evidence presented will never admit to.

e-Lou-sive1
01-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Mc Daniels lack of team leadership is making his tenure look mediocre at best.There is no reason to suspend Marshall a second time and not put starters out there on the last game of the season.This has all the makings of giving up and trying to put everything behind him concentrate on next year and If by some strange miracle we did beat KC than he would have salvaged a tumultuous season.He managed to mirror the record Shanahan had which was the straw that broke Bowlen's back.Needing only one victory to guarantee a spot Mc Daniels would look like a genius in the makings approaching the game as if he were resting his best players for next week. He will really have to earn the respect of the fans which we almost forgave him for his immature antics with Cutler and Marshall and as fate would have it Cassell gave MC D the final blow.Bowlen probably did not intervene this season allowing MC Daniels to make something positive happen,now this is egg on Bowlens face for letting McD's ego get the best of the team.Maybe Mc D won't have so much of a say who stays and who goes.Bowlen cleaned house last year and these were people that were his friends.Look for Bowlen to call the shots this time, Mc d will be on a short leash.

Northman
01-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Mc Daniels lack of team leadership is making his tenure look mediocre at best.There is no reason to suspend Marshall a second time and not put starters out there on the last game of the season.

Oh yea there is.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101874

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2010, 11:39 PM
IMHO, I think he like swhat he has in Brandstater (made a trade for him) and wants to keep Orton for brandstater to learn behind.

I wasn't sure but I kind of thought this and a QB won't be drafted in April (although I could be wrong with that).

Rusty Shackleford
01-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Even if we draft a QB, he won't start right away. Keeping Orton is a good thing. Dump Simms.

LoyalSoldier
01-04-2010, 12:34 AM
As much as I want to change from Orton, we would be retarded to dump him now without a better option avalible. You don't take your spare tire off till you have another tire to replace it.

Broncolingus
01-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Comments are all spot on...I think most feel Orton is not the QB for the next 4-9 years, but I also dont 'blame' him for the season and all things bad as a select few have.

Interior of both lines looks (almost as usual now, eh?) to be the offseason priority, and perhaps drafting as most are saying a QB as some point if there are good options to begin grooming as most have said.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Oh god. Another 8-8 finish next year.

The rabbits out of the hat, the magician has been exposed.

Teams have film on McD, the Broncos "new and improved" offense and the magical, wondrous Kyle Orton. He's not going to start out 6-0 next season, that's for certain.

Tned-Mobile
01-04-2010, 12:45 AM

On the bright side, the Broncos and Orton sucked so much down the stretch that we should be able to put an RFA tender on him that nobody would be willing to sign him to an offer sheet and lose a 1st+ pick(s) for him. Looks like Orton will be back under center...

Broncolingus
01-04-2010, 12:47 AM

...not much different than the 2-3 years prior to McD and Orton either.

Can't seem to get out of this story...

Overtime
01-04-2010, 12:49 AM
He's been solid all year in our offense when he's been involved. He's obviously no Marshall but I think he could be plenty productive as a starter next year. But like I said, we will obviously need another good WR to go along with him.

i think you better go look back at our redzone efficiency with Orton in.

sorry but he hasn't been solid. We can't convert 3rd downs when we've needed to, can't capitalize in the red zone, and we can't move the ball down the field at will.

**** Orton, he's a backup at best with any other team in this league, and he needs to go. He should be CUT immediately. He's worthless, and he's a piece of shit. He's Denver's version of Trent Freaking Dilfer and it's a nightmare. He'd probably put up better numbers as a Punter or Kicker.

But I guess the best we Anti-Ortonites can hope for is that SOB tears an ACL in spring workouts, cause I don't wanna see him under center come September 2010, that just won't be acceptable to me.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-04-2010, 12:55 AM
...not much different than the 2-3 years prior to McD and Orton either.

Even got the choke job down pat.

It really is something. Really is.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-04-2010, 12:57 AM
i think you better go look back at our redzone efficiency with Orton in.

sorry but he hasn't been solid. We can't convert 3rd downs when we've needed to, can capitalize in the red zone, and we can't move the ball down the field at will.

**** Orton, he's a backup at best with any other team in this league, and he needs to go. He should be CUT immediately. He's worthless, and he's a piece of shit. He's Denver's version of Trent Freaking Dilfer and it's a nightmare. He'd probably put up better numbers as a Punter or Kicker.

But I guess the best we Anti-Ortonites can hope for is that SOB tears an ACL in spring workouts, cause I don't wanna see him under center come September 2010, that just won't be acceptable to me.

You speak the truth.

My dog could play QB better than Orton.

Overtime
01-04-2010, 12:57 AM

It's the Broncos version of the movie Groundhog Day. :tsk:

Broncolingus
01-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Even got the choke job down pat.

It really is something. Really is.

Amen brother...

Four-years (longer than that depending on your take) of the same damn story - beginning, middle, and end.

Now for the afterward, we'll get to read about "Denver's Monumental Second-Half Season Collapse" for the next 30-40 days...

Italianmobstr7
01-04-2010, 01:06 AM

The rabbits out of the hat, the magician has been exposed.

Teams have film on McD, the Broncos "new and improved" offense and the magical, wondrous Kyle Orton. He's not going to start out 6-0 next season, that's for certain.

Can I please borrow your crystal ball?! I didn't know we had someone who could tell the future on these boards! How do you have any idea what are record is going to be NEXT YEAR based on our QB?

BCJ
01-04-2010, 01:29 AM
They still need to Draft a QB. Simms is gone. Try to push Brandy up the depth chart at least.

Only one that can push Brandstater up the charts is Brandstater himself. There is not a QB in the draft that is going to take this team to a winner. It wont be Simms of course and we dont even know if Brandstater is ready for the #1 spot. You see anyone in Free agency or trade, then maybe. Like it or not posters, Orton is here for next year. He will be improved in this system. We took away Marshall today and found Gaffney as a prime target. Get Royal into the mix and we have a chance at wideout. We bail out on Marshall, we will get some good picks but I would love a vet mixed in that trade.

bcbronc
01-04-2010, 01:38 AM
Only one that can push Brandstater up the charts is Brandstater himself. There is not a QB in the draft that is going to take this team to a winner. It wont be Simms of course and we dont even know if Brandstater is ready for the #1 spot. You see anyone in Free agency or trade, then maybe. Like it or not posters, Orton is here for next year. He will be improved in this system. We took away Marshall today and found Gaffney as a prime target. Get Royal into the mix and we have a chance at wideout. We bail out on Marshall, we will get some good picks but I would love a vet mixed in that trade.

maybe Charlie Frye or Dante Culpepper. or maybe Brodie Croyle is available.

sneakers
01-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Jake Plummer is only 35 or so :D

sneakers
01-04-2010, 01:43 AM

Cleo Lemon

Overtime
01-04-2010, 01:52 AM
hell michael vick would be an improvement over that clown Orton.

getlynched47
01-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Well, there really wasn't another option.

Orton was efficient, not spectacular, this season. I didn't see how throwing a rookie QB into the fire would help this team out, so this is the right move presuming that Orton's contract doesn't break the bank.

I still hope we draft a rookie QB high, that way we can groom him. I don't see Kyle Orton as a long term option.

dogfish
01-04-2010, 02:28 AM

FML

:frusty:

no, really. . . none of them is any better than orton, if that's the best we can get (and it is, in FA) then we're better off staying with the guy who at least has a year in the system and has had a chance to build up chemistry with our receivers, like gaffney, and marshall and sche. . . err, nevermind about that part-- he's had a chance to build up chemistry with gaffney, anyway. . .

IF we draft a "QB of the future," then it definitely makes sense to keep orton to potentially start for another year or so and act as mentor-- if we don't, and josh decides to tie his wagon to orton's "star," then we probably do need to bring in a veteran QB for depth purposes. . .

wait, is that what you meant? :laugh:

Shazam!
01-04-2010, 02:48 AM

Oh geez...

ursamajor
01-04-2010, 04:02 AM

Well you guys have one of the VERY best WRs in the entire league currently on your roster. You guys could always simply pay him, and use FA and the draft to address other needs.

Mike
01-04-2010, 09:16 AM

Cleo Lemon

Please tell me this is sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Orton is servicable for the short term (as long as the $$ is reasonable). He knows the system and can manage the game. Fix the o-line and this team will be a playoff team. That is where the real problem is.

roomemp
01-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Orton gives us the best chance to win next year and possibly the year after that. The running game needs to help out a little bit more though. I welcome Orton back......Dude fought through so many injuries too.

weazel
01-04-2010, 12:54 PM
maybe Chicago will trade us Caleb Hanie and a 1st for Orton.

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 12:59 PM

and you fix the dropsies by getting rid of marshall, scheffler?

i guarantee you if you check the stats gaff will have more drops then marshall or scheffler..whys he excempt?..cause he's a NE man..marshall and scheff are shanny guys

maybe if we ran the zbs that these guards were drafted for...it would be a issue?

why dont we start by fixing a predictable offense led by a weak armed play it safe , play not to lose qb

as for ...he can throw it deep...sure he can...of his 12 ints 6 were deep passes...of his ints 3 came back for tds...he just cant do it well enough to keep a defnese honest

weazel
01-04-2010, 01:01 PM
and you fix the dropsies by getting rid of marshall, scheffler?

i guarantee you if you check the stats gaff will have more drops then marshall or scheffler..whys he excempt?..cause he's a NE man..marshall and scheff are shanny guys

maybe if we ran the zbs that these guards were drafted for...it would be a issue?

why dont we start by fixing a predictable offense led by a weak armed play it safe , play not to lose qb

as for ...he can throw it deep...sure he can...of his 12 ints 6 were deep passes...of his ints 3 came back for tds...he just cant do it well enough to keep a defnese honest

its easy to say Orton sucks... now tell me who you would have used.

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 01:21 PM

easy...you dont come in to town swearing to fix the offense...and run a 25 year old probowl qb away

look theres a reason orton couldnt beat out grossmen...theres a reason he couldnt beat out greise

CoachChaz
01-04-2010, 01:24 PM
easy...you dont come in to town swearing to fix the offense...and run a 25 year old probowl qb away

look theres a reason orton couldnt beat out grossmen...theres a reason he couldnt beat out greise

Blind hatred

topscribe
01-04-2010, 01:26 PM

You know, some people keep saying that, and all I can figure out is that comes from ignorance.

Orton did beat Grossman out. In 2008. And Orton kept the job, even though he wasplaying on a high ankle sprain.

And Griese was gone by that time.

But please now, put that to rest. You are talking about two (2) years ago.

*Wow* :rolleyes:

-----

G_Money
01-04-2010, 01:49 PM
The problem isn't whether we should have swapped Cutler for Orton. There are benefits and drawbacks to both players.

The problem now is what we do about 2010. Cutler isn't the backup, so this isn't a Brady Quinn vs. Derek Anderson sort of thing.

Orton should be a decently understandable quantity by now after several years in the league. He's competent when given time and targets, he doesn't throw a lot of picks when not under duress, he's not mobile in any fashion, he can't win a game "by himself," etc.

Do we want to move forward with this guy, who is decent until the D puts pressure on him but can normally limit his mistakes, or not?

If not, then we're not giving the job to Simms. It'll have to be someone else. Brandstater, Colt McCoy, Chad Pennington...someone.

I'm not an Orton fan. That's probably pretty well established at this point. The question is how do we proceed for the future? If we stick with Orton then we'd better start crafting a pretty devastating D (preferrably with a large turnover margin in our favor), get Orton a line that keeps people off of him AND can block in the run game, and give him some targets that can get open. Some playcalls that aren't screens might be nice too, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

If we go with someone other than Orton, how fast can they get up to speed? There's not a lot out there on the FA market this year (not that we would pay a QB a lot of money anyway), but a Pennington-style add would make it a quicker transition. He has many of Orton's limitations (and strengths) so there's not a lot of shift there, but McDaniels WANTED Orton - he apparently desires the game-manager skillset. A guy like McCoy in the draft should be able to run this offense. How soon? Anyone's guess. But throwing 4 yard crossing patterns from the gun in multiple-receiver sets isn't exactly the most difficult thing imaginable for a QB. It doesn't require crazy arm-strength or amazing mobility. Orton can throw bubble passes and 6 yard button-hooks like an unstoppable mad genius. Anything over 10 yards and he becomes a backup QB, basically.

I can't see that changing. So if we keep Orton we need an offense that can function with the D crowded in against the LOS. That means a real running game and some good receivers who can take hits and still catch the ball.

Or it means a new QB that will bring a different dynamic to the offense. Because we know play-calling could never be part of the problem, or if it was it's only because of the personnel.

Increase our ability to run a play-it-safe, mistake-minimizing offense or increase our ability to succeed while playing it less-safe. That's all we've got.

Only one of those options includes keeping Orton on the team. The other one, by necessity, removes him.

Personally I think McDaniels is stuck with Orton for a bit. He's got a lot of other work to do (some of it of his own making, some of it from the previous regime). Until he gets the OL fixed, what use is it to try to break in a QB from the draft? Until he has a D that doesn't give up record-breaking performances on the ground, there's no sense messing with your mediocre QB situation, because you still won't win games.

If Jake Locker was out there in the draft, I'd be advocating trading our two #1 picks (oh, wait, we don't have em both any more...) to go get him. But he isn't, and I dunno that any of those guys in the draft would change our offense. They would suit it - which is no more or less than Orton does.

I may dislike Orton, but he alone is not killing us. We need to stuff the run so folks have to throw on our secondary, and we need to be able to run the football. Back to the basics. Extravangances like a QB who doesn't resemble a statue at the Bellagio or can pass it downfield will have to wait.

I'm annoyed to find myself on the Keep Orton wagon, and suggesting that we either hone Brandstater or find another kid to bench for a coupla years and teach while we get this mess sorted out.

Be that as it may, Orton can be my QB through a rebuild. He's not gonna be the one to lead us to a SB win, but McDaniels needs to keep his job first and build a contender, not a winner.

As long as we don't let him Kyle Boller away multiple playoff years down the road, I believe he should stay.

Just find me a guy with slightly more talent for the next incarnation of our QB, please.

~G

topscribe
01-04-2010, 01:54 PM
For what it's worth:

Orton's first season (http://www.nfl.com/players/kyleorton/careerstats?id=ORT716150) with the Broncos is similar to Tom Brady's first three seasons (http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/careerstats?id=BRA371156)
with New England in YPA, Rating, Yards, Comp %, TDs, INTs, and Big Plays.

Just saying . . .

-----

Northman
01-04-2010, 01:59 PM

Cutler and his 26 INT's.

dogfish
01-04-2010, 02:00 PM
i <3 G. . . .

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 02:00 PM
You know, some people keep saying that, and all I can figure out is that comes from ignorance.

Orton did beat Grossman out. In 2008. And Orton kept the job, even though he wasplaying on a high ankle sprain.

And Griese was gone by that time.

But please now, put that to rest. You are talking about two (2) years ago.

*Wow* :rolleyes:

-----

yes in 2008...but what about 2006 0r 2007 you know after a ok rookie season...he didnt...in 07 when grossman was hurt...orton couldnt beat out greise until greise got hurt..thats impressive

and wow top...whats really funny...is your bragging he beat out..rex grossman!!!!!!!!!!..tell me other then a horrible grossmen...what other starting qb would orton beat out

russell...maybe cassel...any others?

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 02:01 PM
For what it's worth:

Orton's first season (http://www.nfl.com/players/kyleorton/careerstats?id=ORT716150) with the Broncos is similar to Tom Brady's first three seasons (http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/careerstats?id=BRA371156)

Just saying . . .

-----

how many rings orton got in his first 3 seasons???

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-04-2010, 02:01 PM
For what it's worth:

Just saying . . .

-----

For what it's worth! :lol:

Northman
01-04-2010, 02:02 PM
how many rings orton got in his first 3 seasons???

How many does Jay have?

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2010, 02:04 PM
For what it's worth:

Just saying . . .

-----

Not bashing, but what are the stats on 3rd down and redzone passing efficiency?

claymore
01-04-2010, 02:05 PM
For what it's worth:

Just saying . . .

-----

:spit:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-04-2010, 02:05 PM
How many does Jay have?

Who's talking about Cutler?

Both Orton and he are nothing but glorified backups.

It is what it is.

topscribe
01-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Not bashing, but what are the stats on 3rd down and redzone passing efficiency?

Help me out. Look them up. :whoknows:

-----

topscribe
01-04-2010, 02:08 PM
For what it's worth! :lol:

It's worth one hell of a lot more than anything I've ever seen from you.

And that's the truth . . .

Who's talking about Cutler?

Both Orton and he are nothing but glorified backups.

It is what it is.

Are you speaking from authority?

I don't remember ever seeing any documentation from you . . .:coffee:

-----

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Are you speaking from authority?

I don't remember ever seeing any documentation from you . . .:coffee:

-----

Authority... documentation?

You lost me kiddo. :whoknows:

topscribe
01-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Authority... documentation?

You lost me kiddo. :whoknows:

Why am I not surprised? :coffee:

Kiddo.

-----

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Why am I not surprised? :coffee:

Kiddo.

-----

Hard to understand someone who doesn't seem to make a lot of sense very often.

Anyway, I digress. Ignore me or something, I'm not going to play games with you.

topscribe
01-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm not going to play games with you.

Thank you. :salute:

-----

NightTrainLayne
01-04-2010, 02:24 PM
For what it's worth:

Just saying . . .

-----

Please Top. I am on your side more or less, but you've got to stop trying to make Orton more than he is. You simply aren't going to convince anyone that he's Tom Brady in waiting.

topscribe
01-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Please Top. I am on your side more or less, but you've got to stop trying to make Orton more than he is. You simply aren't going to convince anyone that he's Tom Brady in waiting.

Please, NTL. Did I say Orton is Tom Brady in waiting? I never figured you would
go about putting words in my mouth.

All I have done all along is to produce documentation regarding Orton. I haven't
assigned a red cape to him. Please do not make my opinion more than it is.

Please, if you are going to address those who are unreasonable, start with those
whose arguments amount to no more than "Duh, Orton sucks."

I don't know why my documentation seems so unreasonable to some. :confused:

And I don't know why people would high-five such an inaccurate post that
would have been better conveyed via PM or at least MHS.

-----

lameduck33
01-04-2010, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=topscribe;873484]Please, NTL. Did I say Orton is Tom Brady in waiting? I never figured you would

All I have done all along is to produce documentation regarding Orton. I haven't

Please, if you are going to address those who are unreasonable, start with those

lol, high five yourself! omg! whaaaahaaaahahaha!

topscribe
01-04-2010, 03:05 PM
lol, high five yourself! omg! whaaaahaaaahahaha!

Please, NTL. Did I say Orton is Tom Brady in waiting? I never figured you would

And I don't know why people would high-five such an inaccurate post that
would have been better conveyed via PM or at least MHS.

-----

QFTqft

-----

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 03:29 PM
How many does Jay have?

im not the one comparing orton to brady...:rolleyes:

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Cutler and his 26 INT's.

and just think...with 27 ints..a 29th ranked rushing game..with only 6 rushing tds all season...and a oline that surrendered 35 sacks despite having a extremely mobile qb adept at avoiding the rush..despite having a cb as his #1 wr..and a rookie behind him

cutlers offense still finished tied with the broncos at 20.4 points per game...had less then 9 yards per game less in passing.....wow orton brought so much to the offense:confused:

topscribe
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
im not the one comparing orton to brady...:rolleyes:

In fact, you are not supporting your argument with much of anything. :whoknows:

-----

Watchthemiddle
01-04-2010, 03:50 PM
and just think...with 27 ints..a 29th ranked rushing game..with only 6 rushing tds all season...and a oline that surrendered 35 sacks despite having a extremely mobile qb adept at avoiding the rush..despite having a cb as his #1 wr..and a rookie behind him

cutlers offense still finished tied with the broncos at 20.4 points per game...had less then 9 yards per game less in passing.....wow orton brought so much to the offense:confused:

Cutler was also supposed to lead the Bears to the Super Bowl this year and we were supposed to finish 4-12. :confused:

He could have finished 11-5 or 12-4 had he not forgotten he was the second coming of Jeff George.

claymore
01-04-2010, 03:52 PM
In fact, you are not supporting your argument with much of anything. :whoknows:

-----

Orton is a place holder Top. Not the long term solution.

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Cutler was also supposed to lead the Bears to the Super Bowl this year and we were supposed to finish 4-12. :confused:

He could have finished 11-5 or 12-4 had he not forgotten he was the second coming of Jeff George.

cutler was also supposed to have wrs...he didnt...the bears were supposed to have a running game..they didnt...they took away the biggest threat of hester full time in the return game...the bears were supposed to fix a oline..they didnt...they were supposed to have a decent defense..they didnt...they were supposed to have urlacher...they didnt

but i wonder what ortons record would be if his defense didnt spot him six games?

remember cutler finished 8-8 last year with a defense giving up 28 points per game...he had a winning record when the defense held teams below 17 in his three years here...in fact his entire career in denver the defense only held teams below 15 points 5 times...his record 5-0

orton was 6-0 when the def gave up a mere 11 points per game...after that the defense allowed 25 .8 points per game and his record is 2-8

again you all can critic cutler all you want...had he been here we are easily in the playoffs

the facts also show had not the defense been playing lights out in the first 6 we would be lucky to be 4-12 with orton

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 05:28 PM
i guess no orton buyers wish to see his record with a bad defense

ursamajor
01-04-2010, 05:57 PM
i guess no orton buyers wish to see his record with a bad defense

I think that Orton is getting a bad rap. Because many were wary of him before he took his first snap. The Trade was very polarizing, for both sides.

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 06:10 PM
I think that Orton is getting a bad rap. Because many were wary of him before he took his first snap. The Trade was very polarizing, for both sides.

i dont give him a bad rap over coming here..i defended him quite a while

but in the end what i seen was a qb unwilling to play to win...unless its the last minute and were trailing...but would rather play not to lose

and we can polerize cutler...call him down..but in the end he led a team to a solid offense , the problem was he had a piss poor defense all year, in fact his career..his career in denver the defense has allowed 28 points per game..his record 17-20

and orton is far worse..since the break our defense is allowing 25 points per game...orton is 2-8..a .250% without his defense keeping teams nearly scoreless in the 2nd half of games

no matter how you cut it...thats not good

Ravage!!!
01-04-2010, 06:15 PM
cutler was also supposed to have wrs...he didnt...the bears were supposed to have a running game..they didnt...they took away the biggest threat of hester full time in the return game...the bears were supposed to fix a oline..they didnt...they were supposed to have a decent defense..they didnt...they were supposed to have urlacher...they didnt

but i wonder what ortons record would be if his defense didnt spot him six games?

remember cutler finished 8-8 last year with a defense giving up 28 points per game...he had a winning record when the defense held teams below 17 in his three years here...in fact his entire career in denver the defense only held teams below 15 points 5 times...his record 5-0

orton was 6-0 when the def gave up a mere 11 points per game...after that the defense allowed 25 .8 points per game and his record is 2-8

again you all can critic cutler all you want...had he been here we are easily in the playoffs

the facts also show had not the defense been playing lights out in the first 6 we would be lucky to be 4-12 with orton

Cutler was 12-1 with any game where the opposing team scored 21 or less points while in Denver (thats the 2.3 years starting in Denver).

Cutler was 12-6 when the opposing team scored 27 or fewer points when here in Denver.

Orton, this year in Denver.. is 1-7 anytime the opposing team scored 21pts

Orton is 3-15 (when he started and played entire game) anytime the opposing team scores 10 points in second half...0-6 this year.

topscribe
01-04-2010, 06:24 PM

I was wary to begin, too. The only difference is that I looked into it.

With an open mind . . . :coffee:

-----

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Cutler was 12-1 with any game where the opposing team scored 21 or less points while in Denver (thats the 2.3 years starting in Denver).

Cutler was 12-6 when the opposing team scored 27 or fewer points when here in Denver.

but but he was 6-0!!!

topscribe
01-04-2010, 06:26 PM
So, once again, this has deteriorated into a Cutler vs. Orton debate.

I'm outta here . . . :wave:

-----

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 06:31 PM
So, once again, this has deteriorated into a Cutler vs. Orton debate.

I'm outta here . . . :wave:

-----

ok boys...grab the keg...open up the chip and wings...tops gone now:D

topscribe
01-04-2010, 06:37 PM
ok boys...grab the keg...open up the chip and wings...tops gone now:D

Oh, I'm still lurking. So watch your P's & Q's.

I can fool you into thinking I'm still a mod . . . :D

-----

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Oh, I'm still lurking. So watch your P's & Q's.

I can fool you into thinking I'm still a mod . . . :D

-----
dammit:eek: