PDA

View Full Version : Broncos with 10/11 Pick

JDL
01-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Broncos will either have the 10th or 11th pick.

If Bengals win tonight they have the 11th pick.

If Jets win tonight, the Jags and Bears will have the same SOS.

Because they are not in the same division or in the same conference, there will be a coin flip at the NFL Meetings in March to determine draft order.

JDL
01-03-2010, 07:29 PM
BTW, our natural pick ended up #14

JDL
01-03-2010, 07:30 PM
We'll have the 13th pick in the 2nd rd due to rotation of teams with tied records, then drop down to the 17th pick in the 3rd rd.

getlynched47
01-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Chances are, Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler will be traded this offseason. While it's great to get more draft picks, every draft pick comes with a risk. Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler are proven effective in the NFL. Let's hope we can utilize our draft picks for maximum production.

Goodness after watching this shit today, I don't care if we draft an interior offensive lineman in the 1st round.....WE NEED TO FIX THE INTERIOR!!

And we'll also need a new WR if Marshall is traded (most likely). I think we can pick up a good tight end in free agency. In addition, after seeing Jamaal Charles look like the next coming of Barry Sanders, we really need defensive line. Those three didn't get it done.

weazel
01-03-2010, 07:31 PM
damn I would rather have the 14th pick than the hobbit we picked up in the draft.

weazel
01-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Chances are, Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler will be traded this offseason. While it's great to get more draft picks, every draft pick comes with a risk. Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler are proven effective in the NFL. Let's hope we can utilize our draft picks for maximum production.

Goodness after watching this shit today, I don't care if we draft an interior offensive lineman in the 1st round.....WE NEED TO FIX THE INTERIOR!!

And we'll also need a new WR if Marshall is traded (most likely). I think we can pick up a good tight end in free agency. In addition, after seeing Jamaal Charles look like the next coming of Barry Sanders, we really need defensive line. Those three didn't get it done.

Marshall is an FA. wont be traded
even if there is no CBA, he will be a RFA, which means Broncos have to match any offer sheets. If they dont, he is gone and we get picks. Still not a trade

JDL
01-03-2010, 07:34 PM

Denver already tried to trade Scheffler this offseason and found no takers... he has value, just not any trade value, people need to stop thinking anyone is giving up a 2nd rd pick for him. His value only declined this year.

Marshall will be interesting... lot's of GMs/Coaches on the hot seat, maybe someone gives up a 1st, but it won't be as easy as some people think to acquire a 1st for him. I'm hoping Indianapolis at the very least steps up (Marshall and Manning supposedly became friends at last year's pro bowl.)

titan
01-03-2010, 07:35 PM
All year I've been rooting for the Bears to lose, but in the end the difference between their pick and ours isn't that much. I still support McDaniels (give him time) but please no more trading future #1 picks. If we had #10 and #14 this draft we would have had lots of flexibility to trade up or trade back.

Dean
01-03-2010, 07:36 PM
I don't want a flame war but I do hope we make a better pick than our first and second round picks last year.

JDL
01-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Marshall is an FA. wont be traded
even if there is no CBA, he will be a RFA, which means Broncos have to match any offer sheets. If they dont, he is gone and we get picks. Still not a trade

I know McD doesn't like the Franchise tag, but I have a hard time believing he wouldn't use it... at the very least he can always trade Marshall to Cleveland. Trade is certainly possible and teams do come to agreement on RFA's as well for alternate trade value (when they don't want the team with rights to match and the team that matches knows they don't want him back.)

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2010, 07:38 PM
I don't want a flame war but I do hope we make a better pick than our first and second round picks last year.

I know he's drafting for future impact, but I was not impressed at all with McDaniels entire draft really.

muse
01-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Denver already tried to trade Scheffler this offseason and found no takers... he has value, just not any trade value, people need to stop thinking anyone is giving up a 2nd rd pick for him. His value only declined this year.

Obviously, Shanny would love to grab him although with Cooley and Davis, there's not any room for him really. Kubiak has Owen Daniels, so the next obvious choice would be Jeff Fisher - Scheffler's a much better pass catcher than Scaife or Fatz Crumpler (he's really let himself go since going to Tennessee, I actually loled when I first saw him play for the Titans :lol: ). Other than that, Chicago has Olsen who does much the same thing, He'll land somewhere, but I think he's most valuable in a WCO-type O somewhere. And he'll be very good.

JDL
01-03-2010, 07:48 PM
In the end, it is hard when you see guys like Orakpo and particularly Cushing, but Cushing wasn't really at a position of need.

I will say that in the end I expect a lot of last year's draft class to be pretty weak overall (there are always highlights, but there have been plenty of low lights.)

The most disappointing aspect is wasting draft value, which was very prevalent, we could have easily ended up with a 1st in this year's draft as Eagles traded up desperately to get Maclin (made two trades to get up that far) - one pick behind us.

We traded the #14 pick in 2010 (a much more promising draft) for a player that became Alphonso Smith and looks disappointing both in terms of trade value and end-result value.

We overpaid to go get Quinn who showed nothing.

Patriots made several trades back, that we could have made as well.. we didn't really put ourselves in the BEST position for this years draft and that is something the Pats are known for... acquiring future picks, not giving them away.

So, Two Issues:

1) need to get better value in our trades.

2) better player evaluation (on a team with little to no depth, mass turnover - we just didn't get much impact from our rookies, hopefully something more comes next year, but there were not a lot of flashes of talent out there.)

JDL
01-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Obviously, Shanny would love to grab him although with Cooley and Davis, there's not any room for him really. Kubiak has Owen Daniels, so the next obvious choice would be Jeff Fisher - Scheffler's a much better pass catcher than Scaife or Fatz Crumpler (he's really let himself go since going to Tennessee, I actually loled when I first saw him play for the Titans :lol: ). Other than that, Chicago has Olsen who does much the same thing, He'll land somewhere, but I think he's most valuable in a WCO-type O somewhere. And he'll be very good.

Unfortunately, Scheffler would have a 2nd rd tender as a RFA... they may very well just non-tender him (if he is that much in the dog house.) But, I suspect they'll try to get something from someone, even if it is a 6th rd pick.. but I doubt anything gets done and I think they'll remove the tender (although I would tell Scheffler to sign his tender after say 2 weeks if nothing is happening.. nobody is going to sign him to an offer sheet when it will cost a 2, I would bet he signs his tender quickly and that sets up a scenario where Denver actively shops him. If he becomes an UFA due to CBA extension... he's gone.

WARHORSE
01-03-2010, 08:52 PM
We have the 11th pick of the draft.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 09:07 PM
All year I've been rooting for the Bears to lose, but in the end the difference between their pick and ours isn't that much. I still support McDaniels (give him time) but please no more trading future #1 picks. If we had #10 and #14 this draft we would have had lots of flexibility to trade up or trade back.

That's because the difference in their record (7-9) isn't that much different than ours (8-8).

JDL
01-03-2010, 11:01 PM
We have the 11th pick of the draft.

Jacksonville

IND - 14
AZ - 10 (24)
HOU - 9 (33)
TEN - 8 (41)
SEA - 5 (46)
STL - 1 (47)
TEN - 8 (55)
KC - 4 (59)
NYJ - 9 (68)
BUF - 6 (74)
SF - 8 (82)
HOU - 9 (91)
MIA - 7 (98)
IND - 14 (112)
NE - 10 (122)
CLE - 5 (127)

Opponent Wins - 127

Chicago Bears

GB - 11
PIT - 9 (20)
SEA - 5 (25)
DET - 2 (27)
ATL - 9 (36)
CIN - 10 (46)
CLE - 5 (51)
AZ - 10 (61)
SF - 8 (69)
PHI - 11 (80)
MIN - 12 (92)
STL - 1 (93)
GB - 11 (104)
BAL - 9 (113)
MIN - 12 (125)
DET - 2 (127)

Opponents Wins - 127

Only tiebreakers I am aware of are division opponents use their finishing order in the division and teams from the same conference use their conference records to break the tie... if none of those apply you use the final tiebreaker... a coin-flip.

Jacksonville and Chicago (unless you can spot an error above) finished with the same SOS (well they will as soon as the Jets game goes final, right now - technically Jaguars have 126 opponent wins until that game ends.) At that point, neither is in the same division or conference... it'll be a coin flip in March... again unless I am missing something, but everything seems to check out above.

skycoyote
01-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Get us to it.

vtroper
01-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Adam Scheffter just tweeted that Chicago and Jax will have a coin flip for the 10th/11th pick, so we'll have to wait till the combine to see if we'll be included in all those Top 10 Mock Draft articles...