PDA

View Full Version : Fire McDaniels!

Shazam!
01-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Figured I'd start it first.

getlynched47
01-03-2010, 07:11 PM
No, fire the Patriot way. It caused our downfall this season.

ikillz0mbies
01-03-2010, 07:12 PM
the dreaded off-season starts early again. *sigh* let all the haters reign supreme.

UnderArmour
01-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Re-sign Marshall and bring in a veteran WR to show him how an NFL receiver should compose himself. Terrell Owens, anyone?

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Just sell the team and move it to LA. The organization is hopeless.

the organization has been hopeless since John Elway retired.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM

You're funny! :D

I don't want McDaniels fired. I want him to complete his masterpiece so I can see what he really can do. I won't be surprised to see him fall flat on his ass for the next 2 years, then I'll want him fired. but for now, I'm all about giving him time to either make us great, or terrible. After this season, I have to lean toward the latter.

I wish we'd gotten Cassel. It would've been one less excuse for the offense. Oh, he's about 100X better than Orton, too.

Noway
01-03-2010, 07:23 PM

Well. I thought I'd come in here to give you all some grief but I think you can take care of that yourselves. Better choke next year......

Overtime
01-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Fire Orton & Simms, and Promote Brandstater.

rationalfan
01-03-2010, 07:32 PM
mcdaniels first year as broncos coach = 8-8

shannahan's first year as broncos coach = 8-8

keep in mind, shannahan did that with elway at quarterback. regardless of the coach, this broncos team just needs better players.

weazel
01-03-2010, 07:34 PM
oh geez... do we need two of these threads?

Elevation inc
01-03-2010, 07:42 PM

so we now know the shanny way and the patriot way dont work in denver.....WHATS NEXT???? i vote the hot stripper from the street way

sneakers
01-03-2010, 07:44 PM
I would have felt much better if we started 2-8 and then finished 6-0

Noway
01-03-2010, 07:45 PM
oh geez... do we need two of these threads?

Hell yea, the more the merrier, here's the quote from NFL.com headlines: Broncos embarrassed (again) in finale (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010010312/2009/REG17/chiefs@broncos)

SR
01-03-2010, 07:51 PM
It's ONE season folks. No reason to be stupid about it. Reach in your pants, grab your sack, and be a ******* man about this GAME. It's disappointing, but no reason to act like a bunch of retards.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 07:54 PM
It's ONE season folks. No reason to be stupid about it. Reach in your pants, grab your sack, and be a ******* man about this GAME. It's disappointing, but no reason to act like a bunch of retards.

What about all the female fans? :lol::laugh:

Noway
01-03-2010, 07:54 PM

Riiiight, one season after the next, after the next and so on.:salute:

murftj
01-03-2010, 07:55 PM
I would imagine that players like marshall, royal, and sheffler (I haven't looked at everyone's contract) will be looking toward greener pastures next year. These are better than average to elite NFL players that McD has alienated, and this is only the beginning. Cutler was 1st to go, who will be next?

getlynched47
01-03-2010, 07:55 PM
I would have felt much better if we started 2-8 and then finished 6-0

Exactly!!!

People like to use the excuse "well we were never supposed to win this many games in the first place".

But we did. We started out 6-0, and EVERYBODIES expectation was playoffs after that. Whoever says they didn't expect playoffs after the 6-0 start is a liar and full of shit.

If we did what you said, I would be so excited for the future because of IMPROVEMENT, PROGRESS, OPTIMISM. Not getting progressively worse as the season went on and on.

SR
01-03-2010, 07:57 PM

Not really the point of my post. My point is that people here need to quit acting like football is the most important thing in the world.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Not really the point of my post. My point is that people here need to quit acting like football is the most important thing in the world.

What? It's not? :confused:

:D

SR
01-03-2010, 08:00 PM
If it is, you need to get out more.

jrelway
01-03-2010, 08:01 PM
its not like we lost to a playoff caliber team people. we lost to the ****** chiefs. with playoff hopes on the line. we suck. no other way to put it.

Dzone
01-03-2010, 08:03 PM
being realistic, firing him aint going to happen, but if it did, I wouldnt give a shyt...seriously, firing him and bringing in Cowher or Gruden, nobody would bitch about that..oh well, its a pipe dream..we are stuck with this coach for another couple years.

JONtheBRONCO
01-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I just have a couple things to say and then I need to lay off the major Bronco stuff for a bit! These guys have my hair gettin' silver. Man, this has been such a roller coaster ride for us Bronco fans the past couple years... From the Cutler fiasco, to the Marshall reality show, to a new coach and then waving good-bye to a well respected legend in Denver, Mike Shanahan. But, with that said, I've pulled out some observations of my own on this Bronco season.

1.) I really enjoy Josh McDaniels as our new coach. I think he'll be successful with the Bronco organization and in the end quiet a lot of the critics who have been hounding him the final half of the season. Did he make mistakes his first year as an NFL head coach. Many. But who doesn't? Honestly, if you break down our roster this year and count in all the injuries we had, McDaniels did a lot with the hand he was dealt. The biggest obstacle McDaniels had to face offensively the final half of the season? The offensive line play... A lot of the blame can be pointed at Orton, and thats fair, but in the end, the lack of the ground game really hurt us. No consistency at the left guard position. Hamilton has really regressed and Hotch is at best an average 6th lineman. And then the loss of Harris. Wow. Polumbus has been harassed game in, and game out. Just terrorized. This past game against the Chiefs showed just that - When the line isn't playing well, you are forced to be one dimensional, and in the end, without an elite quarterback like Manning, Rivers, or Brady among others, your ******.

But in the end, I think with the right pieces on offense, McDaniels can really implement his system and become successful. He was young, dumb at times, arrogant also and sometimes he wasn't flat out likable. But in the end, what I saw this year, McDaniels is going to be the right man for the job.

2.) I'd like to have Kyle Orton back next year as a Bronco. As a back-up that is. He showed some flashes of heart all season, and that run against the Chiefs was pretty cool. But in the end, the NFL is becoming a quarterbacks league, you've heard it. Look at the consistent contenders every year. Rivers, Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Warner to name a few. I don't know about Brandstater, can't even remember what he looked like. But i wouldn't be upset if we went after a Bradford or McCoy. On the other hand, I don't believe the QB position is our most urgent need.

3.) We must, must, must address the defensive line. Have to, have to! You can't see the push these guys create for a reason - it isn't happening. I think today wrapped up what has been wrong with the Broncos for years, the inability to stop the run. McDaniels proved that his system can produce WR numbers and production, I don't care if it was against an ailing Chief franchise. We got abused today on the defensive front. Abused. We have GOT to draft an early, Willy ******* Mammoth at NT. Our defense worked early and pissed out for numerous reasons. Early our scheme was hard to defend because it was brand new, and brilliant at that. The signings of the vet DB core was the best part of FA. And our defense ranked towards the top of the league when it's all said and done. But in order to be dominant, you have to be a terror on the front line, look at all the big winners this past decade.

4.) Peace out Brandon Marshall. One of my favorite players. But you really turned out to be sour. In the end, it is what it is, and I'm glad you produced so well this year, but you have no spot left in the organization. Denver will jump on a first round offer and hopefully turn it into something more than Alphonso Smith, christ. The good out of this. An almost lock for Doom to be a lifelong Bronco. Don't kid yourself folks, the guy is going to be something special. Re-sign Kuper, Orton, and Doom then peace out Marshall and Scheffler.

Think about it guys.. We could possibly get a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for these guys - and thats huge for this rich draft coming up in April.

5.) Retain the entire staff from this past season. Everyone on that staff should be brought back, no questions. Sign Nolan to another multi-year deal. He's ****** ours.

Biggest needs this off-season in no specific order: (draft or FA)

NT, DE, ILB
LG, QB, WR, RB
P, KR, PR (how about that Matt Prater)

Well, it's going to be a great off-season, I'm excited. But, this sucks. Just have to try and look at the positives, it's tough though. We're all fans of the same team in the end, regardless of all the different opinions on the Dove Vally soap opera. Go Broncos.

JDL
01-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah, it sure would be nice if the team showed that it really was anything more than a bad team... like playing together, with passion and effort?

Some fans seem just oblivious to the fact that the team finished the season 2-8 and lost all 3 of its home division games.... it isn't ok, by ANY coach, at ANY time, in ANY season, under ANY circumstances. PERIOD!

It isn't an overreaction, it is the appropriate amount of reaction for fans to demand better performance. We showed today we are much closer at the end of the season to the 2-8 team we finished as than we are to our past mediocre teams of 8-8, 9-7 and the one that opened 6-0. It is even more discouraging when people suggest we are somehow heading in the right direction. We are not heading in ANY direction currently. This team is every bit the mess it was when McDaniels first started to blow it up. No way the team can EVER be any good if it doesn't play together and most importantly, if the COACH doesn't get a hold of this team get them playing as a team. They aren't right now and we just have a lot of questions going into the offseason and no doubt McDaniels is at the forefront.

He's officially on the hot seat for next season (didn't take the Dolphins 3 freaking years before you could even start to expect some success, like some are suggesting for McDaniels), he needs to show 1) he is in control of the team (we resemble bad franchises like the old Bengals or Browns where there are CONSTANT player issues and 2) we actually need to show improvement on the field over the course of a season, we didn't this year.

Traveler
01-03-2010, 08:09 PM
With all that happened this week, the focus was not where it was supposed to be. This outcome shouldn't be a surprise.

Defense definitely didn't show up today and Orton decides to revert to preseason form.

Disappointing end to a tumultuous season.

Broncos1717
01-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Good Post. I also like McDaniels. Although, I did expect them to beat oakland and kansas city to make the playoffs in the end. I agree with getting rid of Marshall and Scheffler. I loved both of them under Shanny, but they are both tearing the team morale down with this, "its all about me" attitude. The draft is going to be rich with DT's which is great for us. I would like to draft a Bradford caliber QB, but we will have other positions that need to be filled. So just resign Orton to be the starter next year. If Marshall leaves, which I expect, then we should draft a top receiver (such as Dez Bryant) and then go after a DT. Use the rest of our picks for Defense. Overall, this season ended up extremely well compared to what I thought was going to happen at the beginning of the season. Next year we will have a more established RB and QB running the offense.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 08:31 PM
I'll give McD his three years to get his guys and perfect his scheme. If at that time our starting QB is still Kyle Orton and we can't break the .500 barrier, then I'll be a little upset.

No matter what guys think of them personally, we had a good thing here with Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis, and Royal. That brief stage is over now and we're on to the Gaffney, Moreno, insert new WR here, insert new TE here phase. McDaniels has the team, I'm really hoping he can turn this 2-8 shit around next season. I hope we're just not giving him rope to hang himself.

If he gets canned in 2 years and we're worse off than we are now, it's going to get real ugly in Broncoland. You locals don't want to EVER go through what other teams do. No more sell-outs, blackouts on TV, a team that gets more bad press than good. Trust me, I live in Jaguar land and seeing it first hand makes me glad I'm not a fan of that team.

Ravage!!!
01-03-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd take Cutler back in a friggin heartbeat. He's still twice teh QB that Orton is, EASILY.

But I'm one of the biggest McDaniels' criticizers, and even I don't want McDaniels fired. We aren't going to fire a coach after one year, nor should we. Thats how the Raiders run their organization, and I dn't want to be that team.

Right now.. McDaniels is the one FIGHTING for his job next year. But we certainly dont' want to be a franchise that quits and doesn't give teh HC two seasons to prove.

I'm sure we'll have another offseason of great drafts and the removal of a ton of talent.... moving forward with more ex-patriots and mediocre talent that will THRIVE in the boring offense that doesn't score points. Proving that this team is "moving in the right direction."

Medford Bronco
01-03-2010, 08:41 PM

If you are going that route, get the players that actually play the Patriot way. You know non-me players and I hate the Pats but they do have someting doncha think?

Can we get a clone of Tom Brady. The pre 2008 one without injury:lol:

lameduck33
01-03-2010, 08:42 PM
0-3 at home vs the afc west is pathetic!

Medford Bronco
01-03-2010, 08:44 PM
being realistic, firing him aint going to happen, but if it did, I wouldnt give a shyt...seriously, firing him and bringing in Cowher or Gruden, nobody would bitch about that..oh well, its a pipe dream..we are stuck with this coach for another couple years.

I would love Gruden. Chucky makes funny faces and can coach. I dont think he is as arrogant as McD is.

I have given him the benefit of the doubt but this collapse is pretty pathetic really.

lameduck33
01-03-2010, 08:53 PM
well put it this way, if shanny gets the big deal like he is supposed to then our drunk owner might need to sober up and notice that he wont be on the books for him anymore! he doesnt owe mcd much more but would he fire him, maybe it comes down to dollars and if bowlen sees that he lost money with the mcd stuff maybe but doubtfull!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 08:57 PM
I would love Gruden. Chucky makes funny faces and can coach. I dont think he is as arrogant as McD is.

I have given him the benefit of the doubt but this collapse is pretty pathetic really.

Gruden is awesome. I'd love to have him here.

Dzone
01-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Id dig seeing Tebow ballin in D town, proving his critics wrong

Dzone
01-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Gruden is awesome. I'd love to have him here.

Him or Cowher would be excellent. That would change a dreary offseason real quick

CrazyHorse
01-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Yep demote your best offensive players in the most important game of the season and your head coaching career thus far. GOOD JOB!!

Northman
01-03-2010, 09:22 PM
0-3 at home vs the afc west is pathetic!

Oh god i know! When Shanahan went 0-4 last year at home i thought i was going to scream!!

Biz1
01-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Same results as the old boss(that Who song comes to mind). This tune has a familiar ring.

44 points surrendered at home to the Chiefs, not a good way to end an already rocky week. Get some more horses on D Denver.

Shazam!
01-03-2010, 09:48 PM
For the record to whom may not know, I started this Thread with sarcasm.

Broncolingus
01-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Same results as the old boss(that Who song comes to mind). This tune has a familiar ring.

44 points surrendered at home to the Chiefs, not a good way to end an already rocky week. Get some more horses on D Denver.

I agree...this is (now) an old story.

Team failure today - some dubie's are posting about offense costing the game, defense costing the game, blah, blah, blah...TEAM failure today/season.

...i'm looking at the season result.

Start off hot, falter in the middle, f-up royaly down the stretch. We've changed coaches, players, systems, GMs, and on and on and STILL seems to be the same overall pretty much year after year...

One playoff win this decade (is that right?) isnt working for me...

...and we're left with 'next year' again this year.

Unfortunate...

Fire McDaniels is not the answer, BTW...

Biz1
01-03-2010, 10:13 PM
I agree...this is (now) an old story.

Team failure today - some dubie's are posting about offense costing the game, defense costing the game, blah, blah, blah...TEAM failure today/season.

...i'm looking at the season result.

Start off hot, falter in the middle, f-up royaly down the stretch. We've changed coaches, players, systems, GMs, and on and on and STILL seems to be the same overall pretty much year after year...

One playoff win this decade (is that right?) isnt working for me...

...and we're left with 'next year' again this year.

Unfortunate...

Fire McDaniels is not the answer, BTW...

It isn't that bad, you're actually in much better shape than we are going into 2010. Marshall can be traded if necessary(though I still feel he should stay rooted in Denver, needs to continue resolving off the field issues IMO), and the Broncos can pretty much run the draft in April. This team can be upgraded during a weak 2010 FA market year.

Unfortunately, it looks like your HC has some "control issues". That should be a concern for Bronco fans going into the off-season. Should the Broncos allow McD to continue evaluating "players that fit his personality" via the draft?.

I would have to hesitate on allowing a HC to gamble on draft picks after seeing the same results today you had last year under Shanny.

lameduck33
01-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Oh god i know! When Shanahan went 0-4 last year at home i thought i was going to scream!!

ummm shanny went 2-1 at home against the afc west! sorry! 2-8 to end the season only two teams worse this year detroit and st louee! oh and we only have 3 afc west opponents, the only way we lose 4 vs the west is make the playoffs and get one them in the first round sorry northman but you lose here!

Dzone
01-03-2010, 10:18 PM
ummm shanny went 2-1 at home against the afc west! sorry! 2-8 to end the season only two teams worse this year detroit and st louee! oh and we only have 3 afc west opponents, the only way we lose 4 vs the west is make the playoffs and get one them in the first round sorry northman but you lose here!
wow, we're right in there with st louis and detroit at the bottom of the pro football barrel.

lameduck33
01-03-2010, 10:30 PM
wow, we're right in there with st louis and detroit at the bottom of the pro football barrel.

we sure ended the season like it.....the coach also thinks so, thats why he blew this offense up and is rebuilding it!

GEM
01-03-2010, 11:41 PM

Find the smack section. Is it really too hard for you?

GEM
01-03-2010, 11:42 PM
I would imagine that players like marshall, royal, and sheffler (I haven't looked at everyone's contract) will be looking toward greener pastures next year. These are better than average to elite NFL players that McD has alienated, and this is only the beginning. Cutler was 1st to go, who will be next?

Where do you get that Royal has been alienated. Don't bunch him with the likes of Marshall and Scheffler. It's the farthest thing from the truth. Royal is a professional while the other 2 are whiny sacks of...

GEM
01-03-2010, 11:46 PM
well put it this way, if shanny gets the big deal like he is supposed to then our drunk owner might need to sober up and notice that he wont be on the books for him anymore! he doesnt owe mcd much more but would he fire him, maybe it comes down to dollars and if bowlen sees that he lost money with the mcd stuff maybe but doubtfull!

That drunk owner happens to be one of the best in the business. Go cheer for the Raiders then you'll have a right to go after the owner.

Day1BroncoFan
01-04-2010, 12:04 AM
I say keep McD, he has at least another year or two. I don't know what to do about Orton. Orton has not been able to get it done when we need him to step up.

The defense? Well, if you take away the two pick 6's it's a lot closer then. The run defense has problems and got burned this year and today proved it.

The offense hasn't done well all year for the most part. The play calling all the way to the execution for the offense has been sparadic and unreliable at best, at worst it has been "what the hell were they thinking?".

Different names, same results. Dissapointing season after a great start.

On the bright side I got to go see us beat the chargers at home.

broncobryce
01-04-2010, 12:21 AM
What about all the female fans? :lol::laugh:

You mean like Noway?

GEM
01-04-2010, 12:24 AM
You mean like Noway?

Now that's a gosh damn insult to me as a female poster!!!

:laugh:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-04-2010, 12:31 AM
mcdaniels first year as broncos coach = 8-8

shannahan's first year as broncos coach = 8-8

keep in mind, shannahan did that with elway at quarterback. regardless of the coach, this broncos team just needs better players.

It needs a revamped offensive personnel package starting from Orton on down.

Marshall, Clady, Scheff, Gaff, Buck, KnoMo, Brandstater, Royal, Stokley (maybe) and that's about it.

Doom, Champ (even though he's lost a step), Alphonso, Dawk, Hill, can stay on D.

Get rid of all the other shit.

sneakers
01-04-2010, 12:56 AM

You should see Broncomania....it is great there....it is like the message board version of that stupid 2012 movie.

sneakers
01-04-2010, 01:28 AM
there was a mtnman sighting over there too! and he hasn't changed his tune about Cutler...

Cutler ended his season better than Orton....

For the month of December.....

Orton: 122/197 - 61.9% - 9 TD/6 INT - 1355 yards - 1 win/4 losses

Cutler: 83/151 - 55.0% - 11 TD/6 INT - 955 yards - 3 win/2 losses

Oh, and before anyone tries to talk about schedule, I would remind you that the "Orton Army" says that wins and losses are all that matters. And two of Orton's losses came against two of the worst teams in the AFC.... AT HOME!!