PDA

View Full Version : Jamaal Charles on his favorite NFL Player. . .

Requiem / The Dagda
02-21-2008, 10:51 PM
From his draft profile on NFL.com. . .

My favorite NFL player was John Elway because of his passion for the game and his ability to lead his team to victories despite the obstacles he faced.

Sort of cool. . .

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jamaal-charles?id=925

lex
02-21-2008, 11:05 PM

Sort of cool. . .

Ill sport my mock in my sig with a little more pride after seeing this. Well done, Jamaal. Well done.

shank
02-22-2008, 12:50 AM
jonathan goff says his favorite player was terrell davis

Stargazer
02-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Now that Henry is back, Charles is long gone to another team.

JONtheBRONCO
02-22-2008, 02:06 AM
I want this man in a Bronco jersey!!!!!!!

lex
02-22-2008, 10:14 AM
jonathan goff says his favorite player was terrell davis

If thats true, thats kind of interesting sine Goff is from Massachusetts I believe. Must be a lot of fun being a Broncos fan living in Masshole Land.

BOSSHOGG30
02-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Jamaal Charles is amazing. He is so fast. All he needs is a little hole and he is gone. This guy reminds me of Portis. We could draft him now and he could play part time and put on about 10 more pounds before we give him the full load.

BOSSHOGG30
02-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Plus think about it.... Selvin Young was Jamaal Charles back up.... Look at what Selvin Young has done in the Broncos system... what can Jamaal Charles do?

shank
02-22-2008, 12:40 PM
If thats true, thats kind of interesting sine Goff is from Massachusetts I believe. Must be a lot of fun being a Broncos fan living in Masshole Land.

he said it in his combine Q&A just like where charles said he liked elway.

goff actually says that terrell was his favorite because he wanted to be a running back.

i don't think he's a bronco fan, because i looked at a lot of those q&a's and not one person said they used the broncos when they play madden. i don't know about you, but i never touch another team when i hit the sticks.

shank
02-22-2008, 03:17 PM
D-mac just said in his combine presser that his favorite back to watch growing up was TD as well.

BOSSHOGG30
02-22-2008, 03:18 PM
D-mac might slip... he may not run and he already said he won't lift. Mendenhall and Stewart will climb... Mendenhall might pass him up.

lex
02-22-2008, 03:21 PM
D-mac just said in his combine presser that his favorite back to watch growing up was TD as well.

Amazing. Yet he doesnt deserve to be in the hall of fame. How many players said anything about their player being Art Monk...I mean, Curtis Martin?

shank
02-22-2008, 03:25 PM
D-mac might slip... he may not run and he already said he won't lift. Mendenhall and Stewart will climb... Mendenhall might pass him up.

d-mac at 12 would be saweet. and not because i want us to pick him up.

in my eyes, a guy who doesn't work out at the combine says a lot. i just don't think they are confident in their ability to perform under pressure, on a level playing field, and more than once (at combine and their pro day).

i can kind of understand dorsey not running and lifting (injuries, longer season than many players, death of a family member), but d-mac not participating personally makes me question him some.

BOSSHOGG30
02-22-2008, 03:26 PM
I think if D-mac falls to 12 it would be great because I think we would get some offers, "Dallas?" to trade up and grab him. I would love to have 2 first round picks for our current 1st round pick.

lex
02-22-2008, 03:39 PM
d-mac at 12 would be saweet. and not because i want us to pick him up.

in my eyes, a guy who doesn't work out at the combine says a lot. i just don't think they are confident in their ability to perform under pressure, on a level playing field, and more than once (at combine and their pro day).

i can kind of understand dorsey not running and lifting (injuries, longer season than many players, death of a family member), but d-mac not participating personally makes me question him some.

Id take him and not look back and thats based on his production alone.

shank
02-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Id take him and not look back and thats based on his production alone.

the options that him at 12 present to us are more valuable in my mind than he is to us. we are the broncos. we run inside a lot...

dallas' 22 and 28 could give us 2 solid contributors (even a small shot at john stewart) which i think greatly outweighs mcfaddens contributions outside the tackles...

lex
02-22-2008, 03:56 PM
the options that him at 12 present to us are more valuable in my mind than he is to us. we are the broncos. we run inside a lot...

dallas' 22 and 28 could give us 2 solid contributors (even a small shot at john stewart) which i think greatly outweighs mcfaddens contributions outside the tackles...

He ran inside at Arkansas.

shank
02-22-2008, 04:02 PM
He ran inside at Arkansas.

but d-mac's bread and butter/first instinct is to bounce everything outside. i think he's much better in space, where recently we have been lacking a guy who can just go up the middle, keep leg drive going, and pick up 1st downs and touchdowns in the redzone. mcfadden just doesn't fit the bill (imo).

add to that that we could get a LT and RB/WR (or whatever) by trading down, the possible increase in offensive production just looks to be a lot greater by not taking mcfadden.

lex
02-22-2008, 04:04 PM
but d-mac's bread and butter/first instinct is to bounce everything outside. i think he's much better in space, where recently we have been lacking a guy who can just go up the middle, keep leg drive going, and pick up 1st downs and touchdowns in the redzone. mcfadden just doesn't fit the bill (imo).

add to that that we could get a LT and RB/WR (or whatever) by trading down, the possible increase in offensive production just looks to be a lot greater by not taking mcfadden.

Who said theyre actually targeting a LT though? If you want a LT, then you definitely shouldnt trade down. Youre pretty much looking at RTs at where Dallas is picking.

BOSSHOGG30
02-22-2008, 04:05 PM
We need a power runner... Henry isn't getting younger and we have Young as the change of pace back.... Jonathan Stewart please or Matthew Forte!

lex
02-22-2008, 04:08 PM
We need a power runner... Henry isn't getting younger and we have Young as the change of pace back.... Jonathan Stewart please or Matthew Forte!

No way! Theres no half-pregnant.

shank
02-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Who said theyre actually targeting a LT though? If you want a LT, then you definitely shouldnt trade down. Youre pretty much looking at RTs at where Dallas is picking.

we could get a guy like williams, cherilous, or even take a chance on branden albert.

No way! Theres no half-pregnant.

i don't know what this means...

i like forte.

lex
02-22-2008, 04:17 PM
we could get a guy like williams, cherilous, or even take a chance on branden albert.

i don't know what this means...

i like forte.

Check out my mock. Its not that Im averse to Cherilus or Albert but if you get a crack at McFadden, i think you take him and dont look back. If we did what you said, Id follow suit with my mock.

It means if were going to get a RB we might as well take on in the 1st or 2nd, otherwise, we should just wait until the 7th or sign a UFA like Bernard.

shank
02-22-2008, 04:17 PM

i know right now people have stewart projected 15-22, what do you suppose the chances are he actually drops to 22? i don't know enough about stewart to guess, do you think his combine will raise his stock? (i.e. does he time well, jump well, workout warrior, or just a football player?)

mclark
02-22-2008, 04:30 PM

Jamaal Charles: "My favorite NFL player was John Elway because of his passion for the game and his ability to lead his team to victories despite the obstacles he faced."

Sort of cool. . .

Ostacles? John's biggest obstacles for years were his coach (not imaginative enough) and his teammates (not enough talent there).

BOSSHOGG30
02-22-2008, 04:32 PM
i know right now people have stewart projected 15-22, what do you suppose the chances are he actually drops to 22? i don't know enough about stewart to guess, do you think his combine will raise his stock? (i.e. does he time well, jump well, workout warrior, or just a football player?)

He is a workout warrior... his combine should help him a lot. Matt Mosley has him ranked as the best back.

Mindy (Wilsonville, OR.): Mendenhall or Stewart?

Matt Mosley: (4:09 PM ET ) I realize Stewart is thought of as more of a straight-line guy, but I'd still take him over Mendenhall. He has a great burst, and if he stays healthy, I think he has a chance to be as good if not better than McFadden.

shank
02-22-2008, 04:43 PM
He is a workout warrior... his combine should help him a lot. Matt Mosley has him ranked as the best back.

Mindy (Wilsonville, OR.): Mendenhall or Stewart?

Matt Mosley: (4:09 PM ET ) I realize Stewart is thought of as more of a straight-line guy, but I'd still take him over Mendenhall. He has a great burst, and if he stays healthy, I think he has a chance to be as good if not better than McFadden.

darn. i'd love to have stewart, but with henry renegotiating, i just don't think the need is strong enough at 12. has stewart had injury problems?

BOSSHOGG30
02-22-2008, 04:49 PM
darn. i'd love to have stewart, but with henry renegotiating, i just don't think the need is strong enough at 12. has stewart had injury problems?

He had a turf toe injury last year, but he played through it. He also had some other minor injuries in college, but he is tough and plays through them. Nothing serious though.

mclark
02-22-2008, 07:04 PM

Ankle problems as a freshman that carried in to sophomore year a bit. He played though most of this. Big ugly turf toe in the second half of this past year. Ran for 250+ yards in the bowl game, a game there was speculation he would not be able to play.