PDA

View Full Version : Year of the DT?

eessydo
02-21-2008, 06:54 PM
I am looking around this year and see several stud defensive tackles in both free agency and in the draft. If Denver can't land something then I will officially join the "shanahan's head" bandwagon.

dogfish
02-21-2008, 09:27 PM
unless you're referring to the availability of shaun rogers and kris jenkins via trade, i have no idea who you're calling stud DTs in free agency. . . .

Lonestar
02-22-2008, 02:27 AM
Good to great DT almost never hit the open market unless they come from NE or Philly.. They get resigned or franchised..

shank
02-22-2008, 02:54 AM
agree with dog and jr... to add to the fact that there are no studs in FA, there are only two real studs at DT in the draft. some good ones, but only 2 studs.

Lonestar
02-22-2008, 07:02 AM
agree with dog and jr... to add to the fact that there are no studs in FA, there are only two real studs at DT in the draft. some good ones, but only 2 studs.

But remember that even the good ones are a huge upgrade over the rest of our DT besides Thomas... Most likely the the two top DOGs will not drop to 12, the #2 choice should get one of the good ones.. Might not start the year but by mid year should have seen enough relief time to perhaps slide into a starting position.. Or at the least be able to spend alot of time in rotation.