PDA

View Full Version : POSITIVE ONLY - Game Day Thread 1/3/10 Chiefs at Broncos

Tned-Mobile
01-03-2010, 02:41 AM
This thread is only for people posting positive comments. Anything else will be deleted and multiple infractions may be dealt with more severely.

If you choose to post in both game-day threads, be SURE you know which one you are in if you post anything but positive comments.

Thanks and Go Broncos!!!

Jaws
01-03-2010, 09:08 AM
I predicted 6-9 wins before the season's start. I said I'd be sad with anything less than six wins, ecstatic with nine taking into the account the offseason drama.

So whatever happens tonight after all the ups and downs of the season, Broncos have done what I hoped of them.

*fastens safety belt for another potentially hair raising ride through the last regular season game, some possible playoff action and what looks likely to be a consecutive drama filled offseason* :lol:

Nomad
01-03-2010, 07:06 PM
The bleeding will stop in 6 minutes!!

shank
01-03-2010, 07:09 PM
delete this thread.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Best we not make the playoffs - this team is not a playoff team this year, and no, not a negative post - just a realistic post. But I am looking forward to next year.

Rusty Shackleford
01-03-2010, 07:11 PM
This will be a small thread.

Nomad
01-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Gaffney looked good when we needed someone to step up, I believe this is the only positive of the game and maybe Berger at the beginning!! And stokley had a solid game when he was in

titan
01-03-2010, 07:12 PM
A bad loss like this will force more changes in the offseason. Barely making the playoffs or just missing might have given the false hope that this team is closer to a contender than it really is. This team needs some significant changes, and today's loss makes that more apparent. Long term that's a good thing.

Nomad
01-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Gaffney showing heart till the end fighting for yards!!

JDL
01-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Looked like nice weather for the fans in the stands. :confused:

weazel
there was a great looking blonde with huge tits on the Broncos side stands. Looked good in HD

Ziggy
Have I found a sanctuary from the haters??

weazel
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Orton was making perfect passes right in numbers!

wait, what? oh Denver doesn't have white and red jerseys? shit!

shank
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
it felt pretty good to turn the TV off.

Northman
01-03-2010, 07:22 PM
love this thread.

Ziggy
01-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Well, anyone else here think that McD had no chance this season with the mess that he inherited?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2010, 07:23 PM
this is a positive thread - tia

Ziggy
01-03-2010, 07:24 PM
I should have spent the game in here. It's one thing to watch my team get humiliated. It's another to watch that while arguing with the haters.

broncophan
01-03-2010, 07:25 PM
I am positive Brandon Marshall is running his mouth somewhere....
Looking forward to next season!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

weazel
01-03-2010, 07:25 PM
can't say we didnt try to throw deep!

jrelway
01-03-2010, 07:26 PM
not all of ortons interceptions were pick sixes.

Nomad
01-03-2010, 07:27 PM
I should have spent the game in here. It's one thing to watch my team get humiliated. It's another to watch that while arguing with the haters.

It'll be an interesting path this offseason!! One thing I don't know how it can be fixed but that's home field advantage we had long ago!! The AFC West was tougher but BRONCOS seemed to always win in Denver (most of the time)

Northman
01-03-2010, 07:29 PM
I still like what we did this year. Obviously as ive mentioned before there is still some work to be done. I think getting some of the bad apples out will help in the long run. McD will need to figure out what he is going to with his schemes because he didnt seem to be very creative down the line. But if McD can make some solid choices in the draft and via FA i think we will do even better next year. I like that most players didnt quit this year and feel we just fell short with some lack of talent at certain positions. Never the less, still being competitive down the line. Im proud of this team and cant wait to see what happens the next couple of years.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Well, anyone else here think that McD had no chance this season with the mess that he inherited?

Totally agree with you Ziggy - definitely a MESS he inherited. I am confident he will get it straightened out, and weed out a few players.

bcbronc
01-03-2010, 07:32 PM
we ALMOST kept Charles to single-digit YPC.

Ziggy
01-03-2010, 07:38 PM
The problem is....this team is severely lacking along the LOS. It's going to take at least 2 more offseasons to fix it. We need a new center and 2 new guards. Kuper is serviceable, but nothing special. We need a legit NT. Fields performed admirably, but wore down as the season went along. I think McBean is underrated, but we need at least 1 more DE. That's 5 players that we need along the LOS, and some depth. It's highly unlikely that it can be done in one more offseason.

Northman
01-03-2010, 07:53 PM
The problem is....this team is severely lacking along the LOS. It's going to take at least 2 more offseasons to fix it. We need a new center and 2 new guards. Kuper is serviceable, but nothing special. We need a legit NT. Fields performed admirably, but wore down as the season went along. I think McBean is underrated, but we need at least 1 more DE. That's 5 players that we need along the LOS, and some depth. It's highly unlikely that it can be done in one more offseason.

Yea, im not quite sure how McD can ignore that going into next season. He gave a valiant effort but it became pretty obvious down the stretch that we need more beef and talent up there.

Nomad
01-03-2010, 07:56 PM
And tackling is an overall problem league wide, not just the BRONCOS!! Does this fall on youth coaching, hs coaching, college coaching!! It needs to be fixed!!

horsepig
01-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Without being sarcastic, this is a pretty tough one to be positive about.

At least Gaffney proved he can do the job when needed. We need to keep him around.

horsepig
01-03-2010, 08:01 PM
I think a lot of the tackling problems stem from your bigtime LBs & DBs are kind of prima donnas anymore, they don't really have to listen to their coaches to be able to still get on the field. When these guys get to the NFL there is very, very little opportunity for any meaningful full speed, full contact work on tackling. If they do they get hurt and you're biting off your nose to spite your face, so to speak.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2010, 08:02 PM
My overall assessment of this year - of course, I would have loved to have seen the Broncos make the playoffs - BUT - I will ALSO say that before the season started, I would have been OVERJOYED if I KNEW that the Broncos would finish 8 - 8.

camdisco24
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
I saw alot of heart from some of our players today. The only thing positive I can say right now is at least we dont have to wait much longer to get a bunch of these disgraceful low-lifes off OUR team. Cant wait to see who McD kicks to the curb. We have alot of deadweights that have to GO.

Counting down to next season.... let the Offseason fiasco begin!

Ziggy
01-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I'll probably be hanging in the Draft and free agency forum for a while, and let the hotheads duke it out. Seems like every thread that's started turns into a MCPoopypants and Orton sucks thread. For those of us with optimism in our hearts, enjoy the offseason. It should be fun watching the rebuilding process continue.

Northman
01-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I'll probably be hanging in the Draft and free agency forum for a while, and let the hotheads duke it out. Seems like every thread that's started turns into a MCPoopypants and Orton sucks thread. For those of us with optimism in our hearts, enjoy the offseason. It should be fun watching the rebuilding process continue.

Amen brother. Time to let the drama queens celebrate their whining.

camdisco24
01-03-2010, 08:51 PM

yeah I may take a break for a while.
Seems all positive outlooks get bashed.
I'll come back when everything calms down... if I can resist...

Nomad
01-03-2010, 08:52 PM
yeah I may take a break for a while.
Seems all positive outlooks get bashed.
I'll come back when everything calms down... if I can resist...

I say the same thing but this place is addictive!!

Medford Bronco
01-03-2010, 08:53 PM
It was snowing and sunny out at the same time. Mother nature was good :lol:

horsepig
01-03-2010, 08:59 PM
This one is stolen directly from Krieger's DP article earlier today.

"At least their not pulling hand guns on each other in the lockerroom.", (yet).
LMFAO

camdisco24
01-03-2010, 09:09 PM

haha I have a feeling my attempt to take a break will fail!

bcbronc
01-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Jets are up by 10. We wouldn't have made it anyway!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2010, 09:15 PM

You know you would miss us ;)

pnbronco
01-03-2010, 09:17 PM
My overall assessment of this year - of course, I would have loved to have seen the Broncos make the playoffs - BUT - I will ALSO say that before the season started, I would have been OVERJOYED if I KNEW that the Broncos would finish 8 - 8.

Me too Carol!

Hey guys my traveling will be starting up again in a few weeks so I need to sew my butt off to get ready again. I have enjoyed so many of you this season.....:salute:

Could we maybe have a positive only thread for the off season? I just can't take the bad Mc's/Ortons or drama queens is a great term. I saw a lot of positives and a lot of work. I'll let the guys that run the show put their nose to the grind and get the work done.

Thank you to everyone that has expressed their love for this team like I do and I have no problem being a half full gal. I heard the best thing today from a fellow fan: "I'm not stuck with the Broncos...they are stuck with me."

Also there were about double of the players that stopped at the fence after the game and much hugging was done. They showed appreciation for the fans that stood by them and that's a real positive...IMO, thanks all....:salute:

Nomad
01-03-2010, 09:22 PM
You know you would miss us ;)

I've said it every year since I joined BM in 03 and after about a month, it's hard to stay away. Its a fun community here. Now only if Minot had batting cages, then I would because getting my boys warmed up for baseball!!

topscribe
01-03-2010, 09:24 PM
I've said it every year since I joined BM in 03 and after about a month, it's hard to stay away. Its a fun community here. Now only if Minot had batting cages, then I would because getting my boys warmed up for baseball!!

Yes, it's a fun community here. Sometimes. I guess.

Anyway, it's good having you around, Nomad. :)

-----

pnbronco
01-03-2010, 09:31 PM

For me this is a positive thing. The second half of the year the team lost in the trenches. They can put that scouting staff to work on that. I know it will not be fixed over one season but it is a fixable thing.

Last year after the season ended the D seemed so bad I didn't have any idea of where they could start to fix it. I love the veteran leadership that Dawkins brought back to this team. I truly believe they are on the right path to bringing a strong team for the future.

pnbronco
01-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Yes, it's a fun community here. Sometimes. I guess.

Anyway, it's good having you around, Nomad. :)

-----

I agree Nomad, you are a great addition. I have a great time with many of you, I just get worn out with the Debbie Downers.

I think we should keep this thread going all off season.....;)

MasterShake
01-03-2010, 09:41 PM
I am excited about this team going forward. Whereas shanny seemed to prop himself up with trophies, McD seems to have a fire and drive that is beyond his years. Hopefully as others have said he cleans house and we get some youth and talent to build his team and once again make us a TEAM.

I'm gonna root for the saints and look forward to an exciting offseason!

pnbronco
01-03-2010, 09:49 PM
I am excited about this team going forward. Whereas shanny seemed to prop himself up with trophies, McD seems to have a fire and drive that is beyond his years. Hopefully as others have said he cleans house and we get some youth and talent to build his team and once again make us a TEAM.

I'm gonna root for the saints and look forward to an exciting offseason!

Great post Shake. I am so thrilled that we have so many intelligent posters here. I do have to work the next few weeks but I really thought I was going to have to go cold turkey...:shocked:

pnbronco
01-03-2010, 11:15 PM
At the game today they honored the State Champs of the different High Schools....:salute:

I really don't remember all the details so I apologize up front. They honored a Jr. from Merino (I believe), he was killed in car accident on Dec 23, 2009. I believe Merino is a 8A school. Growing up in small town I know that lose has hit that community really hard. My condolences are with that community and his family. It put today in such perspective. I just couldn't get upset with anything today or this week after hearing that story.

I'm sure that this doesn't belong in this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one and I knew all of you would understand.

UDX
01-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Well, as much as I like Orton, those two interceptions + 1 more innevitable one probably put an end to the game today. However, on a bright note he is this weeks leader in yards (431).

KCL
01-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Looked like nice weather for the fans in the stands. :confused:

At game time it was 38...in KC it was 9.

KCL
01-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Orton was making perfect passes right in numbers!

wait, what? oh Denver doesn't have white and red jerseys? shit!

At least they were completed passes...Gaffney was there all day long...I was thinking Brandon who? He had a terrific game and I was wondering if the Chiefs knew they needed to cover him...:rolleyes:

pnbronco
01-03-2010, 11:40 PM
At least they were completed passes...Gaffney was there all day long...I was thinking Brandon who? He had a terrific game and I was wondering if the Chiefs knew they needed to cover him...:rolleyes:

You know when you said last week we should have no problem a part of my gut went "yikes" I hate those statements, dang that gut......:banghead:

Congrts KC lady, let's hope for a good productive off season....

KCL
01-03-2010, 11:44 PM
You know when you said last week we should have no problem a part of my gut went "yikes" I hate those statements, dang that gut......:banghead:

Congrts KC lady, let's hope for a good productive off season....

pn...I really didn't expect the win and I really didn't expect the Chiefs to go to Denver and play as well as they did...I have always thought we have some pretty good players but they have a hard time putting a win together...I am in love with J Charles...the kid is special...over 1000 yds rushing in only 8 games.

Superchop 7
01-04-2010, 11:27 AM
It's not like we had beaten a divisional opponent at mile high.....

KCL
01-04-2010, 12:32 PM
It's not like we had beaten a divisional opponent at mile high.....

so Denver lost all 3 home games against division rivals...that's right they did...I didn't even think about that til I read your post but then again neither did the
Chiefs.

Nomad
01-04-2010, 05:25 PM
so Denver lost all 3 home games against division rivals...that's right they did...I didn't even think about that til I read your post but then again neither did the
Chiefs.

But Denver did beat SD,KC, and OAK at their places when was the last time this happened....beating the rivals at their place and losing to them at our place!! Is this the first??:noidea:

KCL
01-04-2010, 05:45 PM
But Denver did beat SD,KC, and OAK at their places when was the last time this happened....beating the rivals at their place and losing to them at our place!! Is this the first??:noidea:

did my post even make sense? LOL

Nomad
01-04-2010, 05:54 PM
did my post even make sense? LOL

It did. It's just a random question for anyone who knows the answer and rather ironic to win in others homefield and lose on your own!