PDA

View Full Version : Tony Scheffler Responds To Benching

getlynched47
01-02-2010, 08:44 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14108873?source=email#ixzz0bVe1rNMp

All but buried amid the Brandon Marshall drama is Broncos coach Josh McDan- iels' benching of tight end Tony Scheffler for the game Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs for a non-injury-related reason.

"I'm a competitor and have worked extremely hard this offseason to be able to fight for a chance to make the playoffs," Scheffler said Friday. "Him taking that away doesn't sit very well with me or some of my teammates."

Scheffler has been frustrated by his reduced role this season — he has 31 catches for 416 yards in 15 games, after catching 40 passes for 645 yards in 13 games last year.

He apparently expressed his frustration to a few teammates after the Broncos' 30-27 loss last Sunday to Philadelphia, and word got back to coach Josh McDaniels.

Scheffler was informed Wednesday by an assistant coach that he would not be dressing for the game Sunday against the Chiefs and would spend the week of practice on the scout squad.
"To be honest, I haven't even heard from Josh," Scheffler said.

So he didn't even confront Scheffler. Scared? :coffee:

CBS4 reported that Tony Scheffler was also angry with how the offense would not stretch the field vertically and utilize him. Scheffler is as good as gone, for those who thought there still was a chance he'd be back.

He'll go on to be a starting tight end for some team in the NFL. Good for him. His talents are being wasted here by McDaniels and his stupid offensive system that doesn't incorporate all the playmakers we have.

NightTrainLayne
01-02-2010, 08:56 PM
So let me get this straight. McD not talking directly to Scheffler makes McD a little girl, but Scheffler running around and talking down about McD to his team-mates without directly talking to McD doesn't make Scheffler a little girl?

Let's at least be consistent here.

T.K.O.
01-02-2010, 09:07 PM
i'm pretty sure i saw scheff drop a couple "gimme's" last week early in the game he has been less than impressive when he was given opportunities.
like mcD said "we are going with the guys who want to play and win"
i think tony has alot of upside but he has not been a big factor ,maybe its the new scheme...maybe he isnt getting open and maybe orton does'nt trust him? who knows but i agree that we need players on the field that want to win the game ...not get looked at by teams for a new contract !

UnderArmour
01-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Scheffler has every right to complain. Ditto for Hillis. McDaniels has been stubborn in his scheme and refused to make adjustments to fit the talent he has. It was a foregone conclusion that Scheffler was gone before the season started and McDaniels has screwed the guy out of a season by refusing to use him in a struggling passing game that needed his help.

broken12
01-02-2010, 09:13 PM
i'm pretty sure i saw scheff drop a couple "gimme's" last week early in the game he has been less than impressive when he was given opportunities.
like mcD said "we are going with the guys who want to play and win"
i think tony has alot of upside but he has not been a big factor ,maybe its the new scheme...maybe he isnt getting open and maybe orton does'nt trust him? who knows but i agree that we need players on the field that want to win the game ...not get looked at by teams for a new contract !

so if thats true, why didnt he get rid of marshall at the beginning of the season, same with sheff, i think that mcdeeznuts knew getting rid of these guys he would have lost a lot of production. and probbably tlwo of our best playmakers on offense, if not for sheff we probably lose game in sd this year....and without marshall we probably lose more than 8 -7 games...whoopie doo he dropped a couple of passes, really thinks thats why he benched him, what about moreno and his fumbles in the redzone, didnt seem to hurt his playing time! those passes dropped by sheff werent so gimmie anyway! one was behind him and a defender tipped it and the other was underthrown were he got his lights shut off, if i remember there was one to his knees were he had a defender hanging on him too!

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Sheff is crying we don't use him to stretch the field after a game whre orton delivered him a perfect deep ball that he didn't compete for which was intercepted because of him!?

I alwayls liked sheff a whole lot, but **** him now.

broken12
01-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Sheff is crying we don't use him to stretch the field after a game whre orton delivered him a perfect deep ball that he didn't compete for which was intercepted because of him!?

if he had to compete for it, it wasnt perfect!

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-02-2010, 09:16 PM

As part of a receiving corps you have to compete for every ball, whether that's jumping or strafing to face the QB you always have to compete.

When you don't, interception.

BroncoWave
01-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Scheffler has every right to complain. Ditto for Hillis. McDaniels has been stubborn in his scheme and refused to make adjustments to fit the talent he has. It was a foregone conclusion that Scheffler was gone before the season started and McDaniels has screwed the guy out of a season by refusing to use him in a struggling passing game that needed his help.

:lol: you people absolutely crack me up! Scheff had 40 catches last year and 31 this year. And let's pretend he didn't drop 2 passes last week and let's say he'd have caught 2 had he played this week. That would have put him at 35 as compared to last season's 40. Not a huge difference at all.

Let's not act like he was some offensive juggernaut under Shanny and that McD has somehow ignored him or stymied him. It's just not the truth.

The truth is that Scheffler is an average to above average TE who for some reason that god only knows has been severely overrated by his fanbase.

BroncoWave
01-02-2010, 09:17 PM
So let me get this straight. McD not talking directly to Scheffler makes McD a little girl, but Scheffler running around and talking down about McD to his team-mates without directly talking to McD doesn't make Scheffler a little girl?

Took the words right out of my mouth. This thread shows hypocrisy at it's finest!

broken12
01-02-2010, 09:20 PM
:lol: you people absolutely crack me up! Scheff had 40 catches last year and 31 this year. And let's pretend he didn't drop 2 passes last week and let's say he'd have caught 2 had he played this week. That would have put him at 35 as compared to last season's 40. Not a huge difference at all.

Let's not act like he was some offensive juggernaut under Shanny and that McD has somehow ignored him or stymied him. It's just not the truth.

The truth is that Scheffler is an average to above average TE who for some reason that god only knows has been severely overrated by his fanbase.

the number of catches arent the problem here, lol what a joke, they are not using him to their advantage, pass catching tight ends are to stretch the middle of the field and cause matchup problems on defense, he wasnt used for that but one game, vs the chargers in san diego, for this team to dink and dunk down the field yet be ages behind last years is what scares me for the future of our offense!

broken12
01-02-2010, 09:22 PM
As part of a receiving corps you have to compete for every ball, whether that's jumping or strafing to face the QB you always have to compete.

it was underthrown, sheff had two steps on that guy and had to wait for the ball, same with the pass to marshall, yet the qb is always right and has no faults! :elefant:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 09:23 PM

That ball was poorly underthrown. it should've been outside over Schefflers outside shoulder, not inside and behind where Samuels had coverage. You know it, I know it, and all the NFL gurus who call games know it. They announcers bashed Orton for the throw and so did Mark Jackson who was guest announcing on 850 KOA.

You're the only one who's right, though. Orton is NEVER at fault for his bad throws, it's always because the receiver didn't make a play on the ball, no matter where it was thrown.

broken12
01-02-2010, 09:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3_OP1JCs9o&feature=PlayList&p=C3E1AA333760731B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=21

this doesnt look like a guy that doesnt fight for the ball to me!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 09:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3_OP1JCs9o&feature=PlayList&p=C3E1AA333760731B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=21

this doesnt look like a guy that doesnt fight for the ball to me!

That video doesn't really apply anymore. Most of those catches were over 10 yards and none of them were bubble screens.

rcsodak
01-02-2010, 09:34 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14108873?source=email#ixzz0bVe1rNMp

CBS4 reported that Tony Scheffler was also angry with how the offense would not stretch the field vertically and utilize him. Scheffler is as good as gone, for those who thought there still was a chance he'd be back.

He'll go on to be a starting tight end for some team in the NFL. Good for him. His talents are being wasted here by McDaniels and his stupid offensive system that doesn't incorporate all the playmakers we have.

Ooooohhhh....

...another McD-hater article.

Oooooohhhhh.......

:coffee:

rcsodak
01-02-2010, 09:36 PM

So I guess that just means he can't get separation.

FAIL

rcsodak
01-02-2010, 09:38 PM

Well, to be fair, if not for him being fragile-sally, he could be a top tier TE.

Guys on Sirius NFL like him, but agree he doesn't play enough because of owwy's.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 09:38 PM
So I guess that just means he can't get separation.

FAIL

Or maybe the QB just needs to understand that when you lineup a TE outside on one of the better CBs in the game, your throw better be on target because there won't be much "separation".

Um, FAIL...back? :confused: You sound like my 10 year old.

rcsodak
01-02-2010, 09:39 PM
the number of catches arent the problem here, lol what a joke, they are not using him to their advantage, pass catching tight ends are to stretch the middle of the field and cause matchup problems on defense, he wasnt used for that but one game, vs the chargers in san diego, for this team to dink and dunk down the field yet be ages behind last years is what scares me for the future of our offense!

Seems to work in NE. :coffee:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 09:41 PM

Really? NE is just tearing it up right now, too. How long has it been since they won a superbowl again? Oh yeah, it hasn't been since they went out and overpaid for guys like Moss and stopped using Ben Watson so much. I remember now, nevermind.

rcsodak
01-02-2010, 09:42 PM
That ball was poorly underthrown. it should've been outside over Schefflers outside shoulder, not inside and behind where Samuels had coverage. You know it, I know it, and all the NFL gurus who call games know it. They announcers bashed Orton for the throw and so did Mark Jackson who was guest announcing on 850 KOA.

You're the only one who's right, though. Orton is NEVER at fault for his bad throws, it's always because the receiver didn't make a play on the ball, no matter where it was thrown.

Then it's up to the TE to become a defender, correct?

I've seen plenty of times where 'rocket-armed cutler' underthrows his wr's/te's.

Maybe you should go out there and show these inaccurate NFL qb's just how to throw that ball.

I'm sure MJackson would be the first to admit Elway did the same thing.

Your cutler is showing. :coffee:

rcsodak
01-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Really? NE is just tearing it up right now, too. How long has it been since they won a superbowl again? Oh yeah, it hasn't been since they went out and overpaid for guys like Moss and stopped using Ben Watson so much. I remember now, nevermind.

What a ridiculous statement.

Won their division how many times last decade?

Won how many SB's last decade?

I bet your 10yr old prolly makes more sense than you do, as well. :tsk:

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
2009 New England Patriots 15 7 26 372 14.3 36 5 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2008 New England Patriots 14 9 22 209 9.5 29 2 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1
2007 New England Patriots 12 8 36 389 10.8 35 6 1 11 11.0 11 0 1 0
2006 New England Patriots 13 13 49 643 13.1 40 3 -- -- -- -- -- 3 1
2005 New England Patriots 15 9 29 441 15.2 35 4 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1
2004 New England Patriots 1 1 2 16 8.0 14 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
TOTAL 164 2,070 12.6 40 20 1 11 11.0 11 0 6 3

WOW! Look out Mr. Gates!!!!!!

broken12
01-02-2010, 09:49 PM

big difference ne has a qb, and recievers run deep routs more than 1 every other game! pretty sad when a backup 2nd year te has more highlights then an entire offense has in a year! especially when the offense has playmakers like orton, marshall, moreno, gaffney, and royal!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Then it's up to the TE to become a defender, correct?

I've seen plenty of times where 'rocket-armed cutler' underthrows his wr's/te's.

Maybe you should go out there and show these inaccurate NFL qb's just how to throw that ball.

I'm sure MJackson would be the first to admit Elway did the same thing.

Your cutler is showing. :coffee:

Okay, run as fast as you can and I'll underthrow a ball to you and you see if you can catch it or even bat it down if there's someone with inside leverage. It's not just me saying it, rc. Pretty much every "expert" who saw the play said Orton underthrew the pass. Scheffler was still running toward the endzone when the ball was picked. He was 5 yards further downfield when he took that huge shot that got flagged, remember?

Your Orton is showing...

briannabelote
01-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Anybody wanna tell me why McD has such a problem with the guys he kept from Shanahans offense? Seems he doesn't want any of them to do good. I am beyond the point of annoyed to the point I hope McD looses ever game he ever coaches.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 09:55 PM
What a ridiculous statement.

Won their division how many times last decade?

Won how many SB's last decade?

I bet your 10yr old prolly makes more sense than you do, as well. :tsk:

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
2009 New England Patriots 15 7 26 372 14.3 36 5 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2008 New England Patriots 14 9 22 209 9.5 29 2 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1
2007 New England Patriots 12 8 36 389 10.8 35 6 1 11 11.0 11 0 1 0
2006 New England Patriots 13 13 49 643 13.1 40 3 -- -- -- -- -- 3 1
2005 New England Patriots 15 9 29 441 15.2 35 4 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1
2004 New England Patriots 1 1 2 16 8.0 14 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
TOTAL 164 2,070 12.6 40 20 1 11 11.0 11 0 6 3

WOW! Look out Mr. Gates!!!!!!

My point is, all they do now is throw deep to Moss and underneath to Welker. BTW, they haven't won the superbowl since moss and Welker were signed. Division titles don't mean squat. The Sparkers win one all the time and yet they have zero rings to show for it.

broken12
01-02-2010, 09:56 PM
some of these people put up stats, lol if they really look into it, this offense the way they are supposed to go downfield in a ball control manner is 80 first downs behind last years, 3rd down conversion at 30 sum percent, last year just a hair under 50, rushing tds 12 behind last year, yet they seem to believe that the offense is fine!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Anybody wanna tell me why McD has such a problem with the guys he kept from Shanahans offense? Seems he doesn't want any of them to do good. I am beyond the point of annoyed to the point I hope McD looses ever game he ever coaches.

If the Coach has a problem with Shanahan's guys - why would it just be offense, why not defense also????? Sorry, don't think it has anything to do with "Shanahan's guys".

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
some of these people put up stats, lol if they really look into it, this offense the way they are supposed to go downfield in a ball control manner is 80 first downs behind last years, 3rd down conversion at 30 sum percent, last year just a hair under 50, rushing tds 12 behind last year, yet they seem to believe that the offense is fine!

No, broken. Everyone knows the offense isn't fine. It's the O-line's fault, remember? 3 of 5 guys who started last year (only Hamilton and Harris are different right now) and yet they are terrible. Even the coach said so. It's not McD and it sure as hell isn't Orton because he doesn't turn the ball over. Oh yeah, it's Moreno's fault too because all he does is dance in the backfield and wait to get tackled.

I think that sums up our problems on offense.

KCL
01-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Wow...reading through some of these threads tonight..and I thought KC players had issues with their coach...:whistle:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 10:03 PM
If the Coach has a problem with Shanahan's guys - why would it just be offense, why not defense also????? Sorry, don't think it has anything to do with "Shanahan's guys".

Because McDaniels doesn't do defense. He's the OC, remember? Nolan (who's doing a great job with what he has) is doing well so McD hasn't seen the need to drive DJ, Champ, and Doom out of town, yet

broken12
01-02-2010, 10:03 PM

sorry but he is the do all see all on offense, thats why i think he is having trouble with some of the guys, most teams have a mediator, like shanny had kubes, and bates last year to filter some of the stuff coming from player to coach and vice versa, on defense he only deals with them from time to time. nolan takes care of most defensive personnel....like he did with baltimore has people to communicate the stuff between them.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Wow...reading through some of these threads tonight..and I thought KC players had issues with their coach...:whistle:

Just wait until Chambers pulls a hammy in practice and your coach goes to a presser and pretty much calls him a liar and a sissy because he won't play. Then, wait for it...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Because McDaniels doesn't do defense. He's the OC, remember? Nolan (who's doing a great job with what he has) is doing well so McD hasn't seen the need to drive DJ, Champ, and Doom out of town, yet

McDaniels is the HEAD COACH. If he has a grudge against Shanahan's guys, it would be ALL THRU. Have you possibly ever thought that some of the offensive players are NOT top notch players??????????

briannabelote
01-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I am just noticing that the guys on the offense who are having issues with McD are the ones who were Shanahan stars. This years defense is completely different from Shanahans Not much left.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2010, 10:08 PM

Two players, and MANY McDaniel haters

Nomad
01-02-2010, 10:09 PM

Do you like your coach, KCL??

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 10:10 PM
McDaniels is the HEAD COACH. If he has a grudge against Shanahan's guys, it would be ALL THRU. Have you possibly ever thought that some of the offensive players are NOT top notch players??????????

But Gaffney and Jordan and Hochstein are??? McD focuses on the offense. It's what he knows and what he coaches in practice. Nolan runs that defense, make no mistake. He makes the calls, sets the formations, and decides who dresses for the defense and who doesn't. Have you EVER seen McD celebrate with Dumervil after a sack? The guy just broke the franchise single season sack record and McDooshbag didn't even mention it. I'd be surprised if he has any real contact with any of the defensive players (except Dawk of course because they're boys and all).

broken12
01-02-2010, 10:10 PM

i think it on every third and more than 6, about orton! about moreno on 3rd and less than 2, about burger when we need a deep punt to turn field position, about alphonso smith when we have to go and sign a undrafted fa to play in nickel packages! so yeah it does come to mind! IF MCdeeznuts really stands behind his word about playing players that want to be here if not we'll play without why didnt he get rid of marshall and sheffler in the offseason when the said they didnt wanna be here!

KCL
01-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Just wait until Chambers pulls a hammy in practice and your coach goes to a presser and pretty much calls him a liar and a sissy because he won't play. Then, wait for it...

What "exactly" will I be waiting for? :lol:

briannabelote
01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
I would pick Brandon Marshalls football skills over Kyle Ortons anyday.

No I absolutely haven't thought that Brandon Marshall or Tony Scheffler or Peyton Hillis are not top notch offense players. Are you kidding me?

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 10:15 PM
What "exactly" will I be waiting for? :lol:

The fans' backlash. Replace Marshall with Tony G (Marshall means about that much to us right now), and there you go.

KCL
01-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Do you like your coach, KCL??

Not sure Nomad...in a way I do but I also think he has come across at times as arrogant..maybe it's just his demeanor...I have no idea...I'm willing to give him another year ( like I have any say so...:lol:)

I know there was a thread discussing him and they way he has gone off on a couple of guys which I didn't see a problem with but I know he really likes Charles and who wouldn't after putting up with Larry Johnson and his BS.

So I guess what I am saying is I don't know if I like him or not...:lol:

KCL
01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
The fans' backlash. Replace Marshall with Tony G (Marshall means about that much to us right now), and there you go.

I wouldn't put Marshall in the same class as Tony G...No comparing the two.

btw-there has already been plenty of backlash from the fans...I mean 3 wins?:rolleyes:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2010, 10:21 PM
McD told T Scheff he sucked and wasn't suiting up! Brandon Marshall was taking up for him. McD kicked the press out- even they are trying to figure out what happened that day with Marshall McD and Scheff.

Link? Not sure where you live, but I can tell you from the press here - if the Coach kicked them out, they ALL would be writing about it.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 10:22 PM
I wouldn't put Marshall in the same class as Tony G...No comparing the two.

Production wise, I would. He's our leading receiver by far and our best offensive player. Think KC before Priest Holmes showed up. I'm not trying to compare BM to a HOF'er, but tell me, do you fear any other WR on our roster this weekend? As a KC fan, you know what the guy is capable of. You also know what our offense looks like without him (about like KC's without Tony G).

UnderArmour
01-02-2010, 10:23 PM

Our offense this year has sucked and it seems like every time Scheff gets into the game, he's open. I don't see what cracks you up. He is one of the better receivers on our shitty offense. Basically Marshall and Graham have been our passing offense this year, with a few exceptions. It would be different if we had a prolific passing attack like last year, but quite frankly we suck this year. I fail to see how having Scheffler in for more plays wouldn't be an improvement for our offense.

Nomad
01-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Not sure Nomad...in a way I do but I also think he has come across at times as arrogant..maybe it's just his demeanor...I have no idea...I'm willing to give him another year ( like I have any say so...:lol:)

I know there was a thread discussing him and they way he has gone off on a couple of guys which I didn't see a problem with but I know he really likes Charles and who wouldn't after putting up with Larry Johnson and his BS.

So I guess what I am saying is I don't know if I like him or not...:lol:

Would you want him to lose all his games because you didn't like him?

KCL
01-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Production wise, I would. He's our leading receiver by far and our best offensive player. Think KC before Priest Holmes showed up. I'm not trying to compare BM to a HOF'er, but tell me, do you fear any other WR on our roster this weekend? As a KC fan, you know what the guy is capable of. You also know what our offense looks like without him (about like KC's without Tony G).

Tony has too many years on BM to compare them...Isn't BS pretty good? I have a pretty good idea what to expect tomorrow...KC has had some pretty close games this season but can't close a game out so I doubt having BM out is going to make much of a difference...Denver will probably be able to run the ball all day long.
Did I also read somewhere that Royal is out?

KCL
01-02-2010, 10:32 PM

I think you know the answer to that.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 10:39 PM

I don't think anyone wants him (well, with few exceptions) to lose all his games. On the contrary, we want to WIN! It just doesn't seem to a lot of us that he's doing that when he continually seems to drive off/not use good, young, proven players.

It pains me to say it, but everything that the posters on this board hated about you know who (initials J.C.) - Cocky, arrogant, unwilling to change, loudmouth, smack talking, piss poor attitude, running to the media with in-house problems are EXACTLY what McDaniels has been doing ALL YEAR.

Just like with you-know-who, when we were winning it was okay and people over looked it - he's fiery and emotional!! It's like a pile of manure, as long as the crops are doing well, you can live with the bad smell. When the crops are dying and the manure is not working, nobody wants that pile of shit anymore - McDaniels is an arrogant SOB!! Now that we're not winning like we were, the stench of McDaniels' attitude is really starting bother a lot of noses.

Nomad
01-02-2010, 10:44 PM
No matter how much you hate the HC, you never won't to see him fail because that means the BRONCOS fail, so why would fans such nonsense and that's pretty much my point !!

Carry on ranting and raving if it makes you feel better!!

KCL
01-02-2010, 10:47 PM
The problem is your team started out 6-0 and has flopped in the last few games...McD lost his touch (if that's what you want to call it) and he has been scrambling to make things right again and fans have the need to blame someone be it the coach or the players.

And before someone points out that Denver has a better record than KC..I was just giving my opinion.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 10:52 PM
The problem is your team started out 6-0 and has flopped in the last few games...McD lost his touch (if that's what you want to call it) and he has been scrambling to make things right again and fans have the need to blame someone be it the coach or the players.

And before someone points out that Denver has a better record than KC..I was just giving my opinion.

The blame has to go somewhere. Who is to blame? Who is responsible for the team's success or failure? Answer that and you have your answer. A loss this week vs KC pretty much gives one of the worst collapses of any franchise in NFL history. We really haven't had a lot of injuries, either. Our starting QB was out for a total of 3 qtrs between 2 games. We've lost our RT. Other than that, we haven't had any real significant injuries. I could say Eddie Royal, but he wasn't being utilized in the offense, anyway.

KCL
01-02-2010, 10:59 PM
The blame has to go somewhere. Who is to blame? Who is responsible for the team's success or failure? Answer that and you have your answer. A loss this week vs KC pretty much gives one of the worst collapses of any franchise in NFL history. We really haven't had a lot of injuries, either. Our starting QB was out for a total of 3 qtrs between 2 games. We've lost our RT. Other than that, we haven't had any real significant injuries. I could say Eddie Royal, but he wasn't being utilized in the offense, anyway.

yep the blame has to go somewhere and fans will never agree on whom it should go to but that's okay.

I seriously doubt you all lose to the Chiefs tomorrow.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 11:04 PM
yep the blame has to go somewhere and fans will never agree on whom it should go to but that's okay.

I seriously doubt you all lose to the Chiefs tomorrow.

That's what I thought about Charlie Frye and the Raiders, too. Just goes to show you. After that pummeling we gave you in Arrowhead a few weeks ago, don't you think the Chiefs would love to make sure we don't make the playoffs in front of our home crowd? Hell, by the time the game starts we could already know if we're eliminated so both teams will be just playing for pride. That's how we'll all really know what the Broncos are made of.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2010, 11:04 PM
McD told T Scheff he sucked and wasn't suiting up! Brandon Marshall was taking up for him. McD kicked the press out- even they are trying to figure out what happened that day with Marshall McD and Scheff.

Scheffler was informed Wednesday by an assistant coach that he would not be dressing for the game Sunday against the Chiefs and would spend the week of practice on the scout squad.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

KCL
01-02-2010, 11:12 PM
That's what I thought about Charlie Frye and the Raiders, too. Just goes to show you. After that pummeling we gave you in Arrowhead a few weeks ago, don't you think the Chiefs would love to make sure we don't make the playoffs in front of our home crowd? Hell, by the time the game starts we could already know if we're eliminated so both teams will be just playing for pride. That's how we'll all really know what the Broncos are made of.

The Chiefs would love to beat Denver regardless.

KCL
01-02-2010, 11:13 PM

:confused: :confused: :confused:

So what's the story behind that? Him not suiting up at all? Maybe I missed that somewhere in this thread.

topscribe
01-02-2010, 11:19 PM
it was underthrown, sheff had two steps on that guy and had to wait for the ball, same with the pass to marshall, yet the qb is always right and has no faults! :elefant:

Let's not deteriorate into a debate on Orton again. It makes no difference
whether the pass was underthrown, overthrown, or perfect. That has been
discussed ad nauseam. The point is what the receiver should have done about
it.

-----

NameUsedBefore
01-02-2010, 11:19 PM

I think it's actually interesting that Scheffler is not talking to the head coach. Obviously there is no reason to since McDaniels has proven himself to be a stubborn SOB not worth being diplomatic with -- something we saw very early mind you. With the way he's handled Marshall -- and all of this happening going into a required game to make the playoffs -- makes McDaniels look like a poor headcoach. The guy has simply proven time and time again that he lacks any sort of people skills and that he is unwilling to change what is broken if it started out as "his".

It makes me believe that if it were not for Mike Nolan, whose coattails McDaniels has been riding all year, this team would be in shambles.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 11:25 PM
The Chiefs would love to beat Denver regardless.

You would think so, but right now the old rivalries seem to be dead and buried. With the exception of the fans (and Al Davis), nobody seems to care about the division rivalries anymore. It's kinda sad. It was great when Rod Smith and Eddie Quittison would throw jabs in interviews. It was great to see Shanahan get fired up and totally focused during Raiders week. I even liked the little Rivers/Cutler "feud" we had going. It was fun and got the fans excited.

Now, all of the players are younger or are FA vets that weren't part of any of that. None of them care. They didn't play with/against Elway or Derrick Thomas, or Tony G, or Marcus Allen, or Tim Brown. There's almost no history left. The players just don't care about it any more than any other ho-hum divisional game. Only the fans still care, but even then, the rivalries have lost their luster. The AFC West is starting to resemble the NFC West, one good team and a bunch of ho-hum teams that aren't newsworthy. Sad. :tsk:

broken12
01-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Let's not deteriorate into a debate on Orton again. It makes no difference
whether the pass was underthrown, overthrown, or perfect. That has been
discussed ad nauseam. The point is what the receiver should have done about
it.

-----

how could a pass thrown by orton, thats getting debated not be debated without involving orton? and regardless you blame ints thrown by orton on his recievers and the others thrown by you know who on you know who! lol, double standard! wow, regardless the qb should put the ball in the correct place first!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2010, 11:34 PM
So what's the story behind that? Him not suiting up at all? Maybe I missed that somewhere in this thread.

The story is that during the game against Philadelphia, Tony said on the sidelines that he wanted out of Denver, and either a player or coach who overheard him told Coach McDaniels.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 11:36 PM
how could a pass thrown by orton, thats getting debated not be debated without involving orton? and regardless you blame ints thrown by orton on his recievers and the others thrown by you know who on you know who! lol, double standard! wow, regardless the qb should put the ball in the correct place first!

I don't know if anyone here has ever heard the old football term: "You can't defend a perfect pass". That's not me saying it, that's every DC and DB in the league and several HOFers.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

silkamilkamonico
01-02-2010, 11:44 PM
I think Bowlen should just sell the organization to someone who's going to ship it out of Denver.

topscribe
01-02-2010, 11:56 PM

Why are you here? :tsk:

-----

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 11:57 PM
I think Bowlen should just sell the organization to someone who's going to ship it out of Denver.

Fine with me! I've been a Bronco fan since 1984. I've never even set foot inside the state of Colorado. I'd still be a Broncos fan if they moved to Mexico City, London, Toronto, etc. It's not like I'd get to see any less games than I do now down here in Fag-uar land!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2010, 12:00 AM

The QB should put the ball in correct place first = a players hands - REGARDLESS if that player is on his team or the other team - RIGHT???????? Now, I know why you are such a big fan of #6

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 12:00 AM

-----

The same reason you are, to voice your opinion and debate about the team you love. Just because you don't love Orton, or McDaniels, or Marshall, or Scheffler, or whoever doesn't make you a bad fan or a "troll".

Ain't it great to be able to express your opinion in this wonderful country and on this MB without fear of persecution! :D

Delgoth
01-03-2010, 12:19 AM
The same reason you are, to voice your opinion and debate about the team you love. Just because you don't love Orton, or McDaniels, or Marshall, or Scheffler, or whoever doesn't make you a bad fan or a "troll".

Ain't it great to be able to express your opinion in this wonderful country and on this MB without fear of persecution! :D

The whole time I was reading this thread I kept saying to myself "just stay out of it, just stay out of it." But I do have to comment on this. The one thing I love about being a soldier is that every time I have an arguement or disagreement with some one about politics or what ever the topic may be, my favorite line is "See if we were in a few other countries we wouldnt be allowed to have this arguement."

I dont care for the decisions made by our HC but I dont care for the way the team is acting either. Whether it be BM calling out our HC for not playing in the NFL or some one else running up to the HC and playing the "He said, She said" crap. The botttom line is that every one has been acting like a child and its time that some one steps in and gets controll of this team. I am not saying that Pat should fire McD but he definatly needs to be talked to about how to handle the media. The same goes for Scheff. As for BM I have read articles that are in his favor along with ones that are against him. Have it your way on which side to choose. I personally want this season to hurry up and be over. I want us to get through the hell of offseason and start fresh and new again next year. First and foremost we are all Bronco fans whether we agree with each other or not. I :salute: all of you for standing behind the greatest team to ever play the game!

ok now every one can go back to arguing, I am done with my rant.

topscribe
01-03-2010, 12:23 AM

Did you have something noteworthy to add to the conversation, or is your purpose just to interfere?

-----

broken12
01-03-2010, 12:24 AM

-----

why are you, are you one of the koolaid servers, cause i'm not having it!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Did you have something noteworthy to add to the conversation, or is your purpose just to interfere?

-----

Just poking fun at you, top. :boink: I do find it a little interesting that of all the things guys are talking about tonight, your first post since I've been on (about 4 hours now) was to jump in the middle of a discussion between 2 guys and jump all over broken for saying something negative about Orton. It seems beneath you, that's all.

topscribe
01-03-2010, 12:28 AM
why are you, are you one of the koolaid servers, cause i'm not having it!

I was the first poster on this board besides Tned. I helped to found it.

That's why I'm here.

But you have already been dressed down several times by several different
posters for you bringing the quarterback into just about every damned
conversation on this board.

Now, where the ball was thrown has nothing to do with how hard the receiver
should have fought for it. That was the original point: how hard the receiver
should have fought for it. Let me repeat: Where the ball was thrown has
nothing to do with that.

Now, :focus:

-----

BroncoWave
01-03-2010, 12:29 AM

-----

-----

:lol: Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

topscribe
01-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Just poking fun at you, top. :boink: I do find it a little interesting that of all the things guys are talking about tonight, your first post since I've been on (about 4 hours now) was to jump in the middle of a discussion between 2 guys and jump all over broken for saying something negative about Orton. It seems beneath you, that's all.

If it is beneath me to call out spamming, then so be it. I will continue, in that
case, to engage in what is beneath me, I guess. :coffee:

-----

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 12:30 AM

That's funny as hell! :lol:

topscribe
01-03-2010, 12:31 AM

I might have figured you would jump in the middle of this. That's your M.O.

-----

BroncoWave
01-03-2010, 12:33 AM
I might have figured you would jump in the middle of this. That's your M.O.

-----

My M.O. is to call out BS and hypocrisy when I see it! What can I say? You just give me alot of ammo! :lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 12:33 AM
If it is beneath me to call out spamming, then so be it. I will continue, in that
case, to engage in what is beneath me, I guess. :coffee:

-----

He wasn't spamming, top. He and rc were once again debating who was at fault for the Orton to Scheffler INT in the Philly game. rc said Scheffler (big surprise - Orton supporter) broken said Orton (big surprise - not an Orton supporter). And there you have it. rc brought it up, not broken. Re-read it yourself if you don't believe me. ;)

broken12
01-03-2010, 12:34 AM
I was the first poster on this board besides Tned. I helped to found it.

That's why I'm here.

But you have already been dressed down several times by several different
posters for you bringing the quarterback into just about every damned
conversation on this board.

Now, where the ball was thrown has nothing to do with how hard the receiver
should have fought for it. That was the original point: how hard the receiver
should have fought for it. Let me repeat: Where the ball was thrown has
nothing to do with that.

Now, :focus:

-----
well my point is that if the ball is thrown properly he shouldnt have to fight for it, if the job of a qb is to throw the ball in the vacinity of a wr than anyone can do it! orton is the guy who throws all the balls so when the throw is errant then i'll critisize! ever heard of when throwing the ball deep, throw it were only your player can make a play on it! like i said before if this is a positive only website than it should be renamed to orange koolaid forums!

topscribe
01-03-2010, 12:36 AM
My M.O. is to call out BS and hypocrisy when I see it! What can I say? You just give me alot of ammo! :lol:

You certainly ought to be able to recognize hypocrisy and B.S. You seem to carry plenty of it around.

Now, you don't like me, and I don't like you. So why don't you just take a wide path around me?

-----

broken12
01-03-2010, 12:37 AM
You certainly ought to be able to recognize hypocrisy and B.S.

Now, you don't like me, and I don't like you. So why don't you just take a wide path around me?

-----

take at look at this, does this guy look like someone who doesnt fight for the ball, or cannot make plays to help this team win! end of story.

topscribe
01-03-2010, 12:38 AM
well my point is that if the ball is thrown properly he shouldnt have to fight for it, if the job of a qb is to throw the ball in the vacinity of a wr than anyone can do it! orton is the guy who throws all the balls so when the throw is errant then i'll critisize! ever heard of when throwing the ball deep, throw it were only your player can make a play on it! like i said before if this is a positive only website than it should be renamed to orange koolaid forums!

The point is whether...the...receiver...should...have...fought. ..for...it.

Was that slow enough?

-----

BroncoWave
01-03-2010, 12:38 AM
You certainly ought to be able to recognize hypocrisy and B.S.

-----

I don't dislike you at all. As I said earlier, I love to call out B.S. and hypocrisy and you give me plenty of ammo! You are one of my favorite posters here. Please keep it coming! If you want me to ignore you, perhaps you shouldn't contradict yourself every other time you post! :salute:

topscribe
01-03-2010, 12:39 AM

take at look at this, does this guy look like someone who doesnt fight for the ball, or cannot make plays to help this team win! end of story.

I don't give a shit whether the player "does" fight for the ball.

The point is whether he fought for it on that play.

Did he or didn't he? That was the point. :tsk:

-----

topscribe
01-03-2010, 12:40 AM
I don't dislike you at all. As I said earlier, I love to call out B.S. and hypocrisy and you give me plenty of ammo! You are one of my favorite posters here. Please keep it coming! If you want me to ignore you, perhaps you shouldn't contradict yourself every other time you post! :salute:

Oh bullshit. You talk about hypocrisy, and so you come out with an outright lie. :rolleyes:

-----

NightTrainLayne
01-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Knock off the personal stuff guys please.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Oh bullshit. You talk about hypocrisy, and so you come out with an outright lie. :rolleyes:

-----

Wow, you're in a straight up foul mood tonight! So, what are your thoughts on the Marshall/Scheffler benching and the follow on presser? I'm dying to hear from you on the matter!

BroncoWave
01-03-2010, 12:44 AM

-----

You just keep giving me material! :lol:

Every time I've ever called you a liar you've gotten horribly offended and pretty much said I had no right to do so. I guess it's ok when you do it.

And BTW, my post was 100% true! Calling out hypocrisy brings me an enormous amount of joy. You think I don't like you, but you are my favorite type of poster because you just feed right into my posting style.

Like I have said, please keep it up! :lol:

broken12
01-03-2010, 12:45 AM
yes he tried, he called me and said this, i tried to get my hands up but the wounded duck was too far underthrown and i couldnt get back to the ball in time!

broken12
01-03-2010, 12:46 AM
like i said when orton throws a int, its the olines fault or the recievers fault......

topscribe
01-03-2010, 12:48 AM
You just keep giving me material! :lol:

Every time I've ever called you a liar you've gotten horribly offended and pretty much said I had no right to do so. I guess it's ok when you do it.

And BTW, my post was 100% true! Calling out hypocrisy brings me an enormous amount of joy. You think I don't like you, but you are my favorite type of poster because you just feed right into my posting style.

Like I have said, please keep it up! :lol:

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=870145&postcount=90

-----

topscribe
01-03-2010, 12:49 AM
like i said when orton throws a int, its the olines fault or the recievers fault......

Just as I said, and several others have said.

Everything comes back to Orton for you. :tsk:

-----

topscribe
01-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Wow, you're in a straight up foul mood tonight! So, what are your thoughts on the Marshall/Scheffler benching and the follow on presser? I'm dying to hear from you on the matter!

I have none. I don't know what the hell went on behind the scenes. Only what was said.

-----

broken12
01-03-2010, 12:53 AM
yep he the qb, and touches the ball on everysnap and is required to run the offense so yeah, when it comes to offense and the inability to move the ball it comes down to him and the guy calling plays. who do you want me to blame, WALDO?

Medford Bronco
01-03-2010, 01:01 AM

Also his blocking is average at best. That is why Graham plays more. Lets not get our QB killed right?

Medford Bronco
01-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Just as I said, and several others have said.

Everything comes back to Orton for you. :tsk:

-----

That is what happens with juvenile cluless behavior.

He should wear the uni of his 6-9 team with the overrated QB that has 26 ints to Ortons 8:coffee:

broken12
01-03-2010, 01:06 AM

He should wear the uni of his 6-9 team with the overrated QB that has 26 ints to Ortons 8:coffee:

his recievers should have faught for the ball more! and his oline should give him more protection, cant blame the qb!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 01:06 AM

6-9 with 26 ints

8-7 with 8 ints

I honestly don't have any way to respond to that.

Medford Bronco
01-03-2010, 01:08 AM
his recievers should have faught for the ball more! and his oline should give him more protection, cant blame the qb!

anyway you put it 26 ints sucks.
Cutler cant blame the WRs for his piss pour decisions or wait

he is Cutler, he has never thrown a bad ball. :shocked::eek:

broken12
01-03-2010, 01:09 AM
+17 or whatever in turnovers yet we can only get 19 points a game....lol

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-03-2010, 01:10 AM
6-9 with 26 ints

8-7 with 8 ints

But you decided to respond anyway?

:lol:

Medford Bronco
01-03-2010, 01:10 AM
6-9 with 26 ints

8-7 with 8 ints

It means that this is a team game. the QB can screw things up but
they need help. Both Orton and Cutler do.

aslo the running game hurt Denver at times this year as well. Worst running game since before Shanny or it seems.

KCL
01-03-2010, 01:11 AM
yep he the qb, and touches the ball on everysnap and is required to run the offense so yeah, when it comes to offense and the inability to move the ball it comes down to him and the guy calling plays. who do you want me to blame, WALDO?

Sorry but the inability to move the ball doesn't always fall back on the QB.

Medford Bronco
01-03-2010, 01:11 AM
+17 or whatever in turnovers yet we can only get 19 points a game....lol

Go get your #6 overrated baby QB jersey and leave our forum. You are not a Bronco fan that is for sure. You are a fraud just like the QB that has NEVER had a winning season, college or pro and that will continue becuae he sucks or sucked in 2009

broken12
01-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Go get your #6 overrated baby QB jersey and leave our forum. You are not a Bronco fan that is for sure. You are a fraud just like the QB that has NEVER had a winning season, college or pro and that will continue becuae he sucks or sucked in 2009

get your pitcher of koolaid and go make a new forums site orange koolaid drinking fools forums, so you can be in never never land were nothing goes wrong.

broken12
01-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Sorry but the inability to move the ball doesn't always fall back on the QB.

in the passing game it does....:elefant:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-03-2010, 01:19 AM
get your pitcher of koolaid and go make a new forums site orange koolaid drinking fools forums, so you can be in never never land were nothing goes wrong.

Like ******** coming in and derailing threads with nonsense?

How can I get invited to these new forums?

Medford Bronco
01-03-2010, 01:19 AM

and you are in the Cutler land of make believe of lots of red zone interceptions, complaints, losing seasons and blaming others for your problems. :lol:

broken12
01-03-2010, 01:20 AM
Like ******** coming in and derailing threads with nonsense?

How can I get invited to these new forums?

go threw the thread then see who derailed it!

KCL
01-03-2010, 01:22 AM

Good Lord...how old are you?

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-03-2010, 01:25 AM
go threw the thread then see who derailed it!

Go back to school and learn how to effectively utilize your native language! :lol:

broken12
01-03-2010, 01:29 AM
It means that this is a team game. the QB can screw things up but
they need help. Both Orton and Cutler do.

aslo the running game hurt Denver at times this year as well. Worst running game since before Shanny or it seems.

thats right, but yet we had 8 different starting rb on this roster last year and i believe that none are in the nfl anymore except for hillis, yet we bring in a "superstar" moreno with the twelth pick in the draft and who has been healthy for most of the season yet our numbers declined by almost 1 ypc and 12 td's....it seems more to me that the offense for some reason is not producing....do i think some of it has to do with the new blocking scheme ya, but isnt it the oc, or hc fault yess....would you ask mike vick to sit in the pocket and read defenses if a running lane is open...no, so what the hell is going on? do i think this offense can work with orton yes...do i think mcd trust him to open up the playbook and passing game? im not sure,:listen: but something is up....

KCL
01-03-2010, 01:29 AM
in the passing game it does....:elefant:

Not always...if you have a receiver that cannot get open or runs the wrong route or simply drops catchable balls...then there is only so much the QB can do..sure he's the one at the helm but it's up to the receiver to be able to set himself up in the position to make the catch...lots of different ways to look at it really...I've seen it all season in KC...some of the blame falls on Cassel and some on his receivers.

topscribe
01-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Not always...if you have a receiver that cannot get open or runs the wrong route or simply drops catchable balls...then there is only so much the QB can do..sure he's the one at the helm but it's up to the receiver to be able to set himself up in the position to make the catch...lots of different ways to look at it really...I've seen it all season in KC...some of the blame falls on Cassel and some on his receivers.

And, of course, there's the consistent failure to convert, running for a 3rd and 1 . . .

-----

broken12
01-03-2010, 01:40 AM

we have two receivers that had over 95 receptions each, you saying that all the sudden they forgot to run routes, we dont have anyone in the top half of the league for dropped passes, ok maybe marshall is 16, tied with many others, orton completes a high percentage of passes yet we cannot move the ball and are at the bottom half of all the offensive catagories....i am not putting all the blame on orton, but some has to go there, and some has to go on the oc, hc, master chief!

KCL
01-03-2010, 02:01 AM
we have two receivers that had over 95 receptions each, you saying that all the sudden they forgot to run routes, we dont have anyone in the top half of the league for dropped passes, ok maybe marshall is 16, tied with many others, orton completes a high percentage of passes yet we cannot move the ball and are at the bottom half of all the offensive catagories....i am not putting all the blame on orton, but some has to go there, and some has to go on the oc, hc, master chief!

oh so NOW you're not putting all the blame on Orton...:lol: Could it be perhaps that the Broncos faced better teams? Ever think about that? Yea I know that the Broncos lost to some teams that they should have beaten but it happens...also your D has to be the ones from stopping the other teams from scoring...a team isn't just made up with an offense...Your QB has to have pass protection as well...I haven't watched many Denver games.Where is your offense ranked in that category?

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-03-2010, 03:23 AM
McDaniel's can lick my balls.

Can't believe this BS.

EMB6903
01-03-2010, 08:26 AM
I hope that this is the last year this overrated tweener is on this team

Superchop 7
01-03-2010, 09:14 AM
C'mon guys....

I heard the interview on KOA....

The action by the coach was appropriate.

That being said.....

McDaniels has underutilized most of Shanny's guys.

Probably by design.

He wants them gone.

They want to leave.

Get it over with already.

But.....McD is creating a bad climate for players with his "I don't give a damn philosophy"

I don't care about you, your health, your contract......

My door is always closed.

elsid13
01-03-2010, 09:20 AM

Carol, I think we need to remember that he not as hands on with the defense as he is with the offense. Remember he develops the game plans, calls the plays and coaches up that side of the ball. From what I understand he lets Nolan and his staff do most of that stuff with the defense, and only give suggestion during the week, that he thinks will be usefully for attacking the other teams' offense.

Let be honest, McDaniels is very stubborn guy and I can see conflict with bunch of guys that were developed under the previous staff. I think he feels the pressure of living under the shadow of Shanahan's offense.

Northman
01-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Carol, I think we need to remember that he not as hands on with the defense as he is with the offense. Remember he develops the game plans, calls the plays and coaches up that side of the ball. From what I understand he lets Nolan and his staff do most of that stuff with the defense, and only give suggestion during the week, that he thinks will be usefully for attacking the other teams' offense.

Let be honest, McDaniels is very stubborn guy and I can see conflict with bunch of guys that were developed under the previous staff. I think he feels the pressure of living under the shadow of Shanahan's offense.

Maybe, maybe not. I think most of it is he wants to bring in his own way of thinking. He started that from day one. When it comes to some of the players Shanny had they all thought they were on vacation all the time. Now, McD is making them accountable. I can understand Marshall's dilemma because our medical staff sucks ass. And they screwed him over last year. However, i know Brandon is trying to get a new contract so it wouldnt surprise me if he tanked the last game of the year where we have almost no chance to get to the postseason. As for Sheff, he has been a problem child from day one but he is also injury prone so good riddance. Get what you can for him and move on. Marshall's production will be hard to replace but he will have very high value. At the end of the day its probably best that McD get guys who are totally in tune with his philosphy. Its unfortuante that we cant use Hillis but McD has his reasons.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Maybe, maybe not. I think most of it is he wants to bring in his own way of thinking. He started that from day one. When it comes to some of the players Shanny had they all thought they were on vacation all the time. Now, McD is making them accountable. I can understand Marshall's dilemma because our medical staff sucks ass. And they screwed him over last year. However, i know Brandon is trying to get a new contract so it wouldnt surprise me if he tanked the last game of the year where we have almost no chance to get to the postseason. As for Sheff, he has been a problem child from day one but he is also injury prone so good riddance. Get what you can for him and move on. Marshall's production will be hard to replace but he will have very high value. At the end of the day its probably best that McD get guys who are totally in tune with his philosphy. Its unfortuante that we cant use Hillis but McD has his reasons.

I just hope it works. I understand you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, but we seem to be very picky with our choice of eggs and I'm concerned that the omelette is never going to be finished. McD will probably get 3 years to get a playoff win. If he doesn't, he'll probably be gone. Bowlen didn't replace Shanahan so this team could wallow in mediocrity for the next ten years. He brought in someone he thought could win, now. If he wanted between 7-9 and 9-7 he'd have kept Shanahan.

My point is simply this, is McD making this team better? Is building this team in his own image going to make us better three years down the road or worse? If we trade/cut all of the old regime players who aren't his guys and we still don't win, where does that leave us 2 years from now when we have a new HC and a roster of not-so-good offensive players that were McD scheme and attitude guys? That's what I worry about. My biggest fear is that without the sweeping changes, we're going to hurt ourselves more than help. I don't expect overnight change, but running off all of our foundation players in the first year of coaching just doesn't seem logical to me.

Northman
01-03-2010, 01:50 PM
My point is simply this, is McD making this team better? Is building this team in his own image going to make us better three years down the road or worse? If we trade/cut all of the old regime players who aren't his guys and we still don't win, where does that leave us 2 years from now when we have a new HC and a roster of not-so-good offensive players that were McD scheme and attitude guys? That's what I worry about. My biggest fear is that without the sweeping changes, we're going to hurt ourselves more than help. I don't expect overnight change, but running off all of our foundation players in the first year of coaching just doesn't seem logical to me.

My only answer for you at this time is give him a couple of more years. The biggest obstacle for McD right now is the youth. Do we really think that if McD had taken over the Broncos in 95' we would of tanked with the amount of veterans we had there? I dont believe so. Not sure the end result would of been the same but i do believe that one of the reasons he is butting heads is because some of the younger players have gotten too used to a relaxed atomsphere created by the previous head coach. Therefore, when the new guy comes in and expects a much harder work ethic and accountability all of a sudden the "star" players are angry. I agree it sucks that guys like Cutler, Marshall, and company didnt or dont want to stick around but in the end this coach needs guys who are on board with him. Its no different for any other coach out there when putting together their teams. We will either sink or swim with McD's philosphy but he is entitled to do what he wishes if he feels its the right move for this organization. Right now, based upon what ive seen in terms of mentality and where he comes from it would be hard for me to argue. Time will tell.

broken12
01-03-2010, 01:56 PM
My only answer for you at this time is give him a couple of more years. The biggest obstacle for McD right now is the youth. Do we really think that if McD had taken over the Broncos in 95' we would of tanked with the amount of veterans we had there? I dont believe so. Not sure the end result would of been the same but i do believe that one of the reasons he is butting heads is because some of the younger players have gotten too used to a relaxed atomsphere created by the previous head coach. Therefore, when the new guy comes in and expects a much harder work ethic and accountability all of a sudden the "star" players are angry. I agree it sucks that guys like Cutler, Marshall, and company didnt or dont want to stick around but in the end this coach needs guys who are on board with him. Its no different for any other coach out there when putting together their teams. We will either sink or swim with McD's philosphy but he is entitled to do what he wishes if he feels its the right move for this organization. Right now, based upon what ive seen in terms of mentality and where he comes from it would be hard for me to argue. Time will tell.

wrong youth is not the problem, the only young guy on offense is moreno! well rookie in that sense..all the other guys have been here for at least a year and contributed well, on offense, the defense is full of vets and players that played in the 3-4 making the transition easier...the problem has been play calling, I am not sure why though!

weazel
01-03-2010, 01:57 PM

Scheffler is nothing more than an average TE (that can't block) that has only once been able to finish a season. I don't understand why you think he will be such a star with another team.

Nomad
01-03-2010, 02:00 PM

Pretty much the way I see it, I think you've been nominated for BF's voice of reasoning!!

broken12
01-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Scheffler is nothing more than an average TE (that can't block) that has only once been able to finish a season. I don't understand why you think he will be such a star with another team.

i can name a dozen teams he could start on.....now saying that he has had injuries in the past but has been healthy this year...is he a world beater no, but does he cause matchup problems and is able to stretch the field yes...so why isnt he being used? i would be fustrated also! :D

topscribe
01-03-2010, 02:05 PM

I think we need to remember this is all speculation and should not be fabricated into "fact."

Not that you have: just extending the caveat . . .

-----

weazel
01-03-2010, 02:10 PM
i can name a dozen teams he could start on.....now saying that he has had injuries in the past but has been healthy this year...is he a world beater no, but does he cause matchup problems and is able to stretch the field yes...so why isnt he being used? i would be fustrated also! :D

I can name 12 teams any player could start for. This league has 5 really good teams a few so-so teams and a ton of horrible teams. Does that mean Scheffler is above average? NO.

A tight end that can't block is useless IMO. If you can't block, you better be able to catch and sore TD's with the best of them. He simply doesn't.

broken12
01-03-2010, 02:28 PM
name 12 that gaffney can start on, and cause matchup problems....this is a passing league, and a te that cannot catch is useless.....look at dallas clark..yeah its nice to have one that can do both, but when you got one that is good at one thing you use him for that! your opinion is yours, but you gotta admitt that sheffler is a good reciever and that he could help if used right to convert some of those 3rd downs and redzone flaws we have! tony sheffler was in the top ten in 08 in ypg with 49.6, avg, in 20+ yards receptions with 13, and had 28 first down receptions! this year 27 yards per game, 20+ yard receptions 5, and 19 catches for first downs......so yeah someone is being underutilized! maybe orton not being let play to win the game....but something is up...i doubt that disney is making a movie like space jam about football players and our offensive players had thier abilities taken away by aliens!

weazel
01-03-2010, 04:16 PM
name 12 that gaffney can start on, and cause matchup problems....this is a passing league, and a te that cannot catch is useless.....look at dallas clark..yeah its nice to have one that can do both, but when you got one that is good at one thing you use him for that! your opinion is yours, but you gotta admitt that sheffler is a good reciever and that he could help if used right to convert some of those 3rd downs and redzone flaws we have! tony sheffler was in the top ten in 08 in ypg with 49.6, avg, in 20+ yards receptions with 13, and had 28 first down receptions! this year 27 yards per game, 20+ yard receptions 5, and 19 catches for first downs......so yeah someone is being underutilized! maybe orton not being let play to win the game....but something is up...i doubt that disney is making a movie like space jam about football players and our offensive players had thier abilities taken away by aliens!

I'm sorry, I am not reading that extraordinarily bad run-on sentence.

gregbroncs
01-03-2010, 07:32 PM
If the ball is thrown deep the safety will kill him and it's not a catch anyway. A good receiver at least fights for and adjust to that ball. He did not. He made no play and let the defender have it.

Hell today against KC Bailey had an easy pick and the receiver grabbed him and stopped him at least that prevented a big defensive play. Sheffler could not be troubled with even trying to get near the ball.

horsepig
01-03-2010, 08:20 PM

Well, Carol, one reason is that he got rid of about 80% of Shanny's boys on teh defense.

It sure "feels" like there is some kind of holdover resentment or something. I still support McD, but there sure as hell seems to be an out and out refusal to even try to take advantage of the talent and weapons we do have on the offensive side.

rcsodak
01-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Okay, run as fast as you can and I'll underthrow a ball to you and you see if you can catch it or even bat it down if there's someone with inside leverage. It's not just me saying it, rc. Pretty much every "expert" who saw the play said Orton underthrew the pass. Scheffler was still running toward the endzone when the ball was picked. He was 5 yards further downfield when he took that huge shot that got flagged, remember?

Your Orton is showing...

I also heard the "experts" yesterday talk of how Orton hit his wr's "in perfect stride". Questioning why he hadn't thrown deep all year but was able to yesterday. Throwing in a spot "only the wr could catch it".

EVERY Qb underthrows/overthrows.

Surely you're not that naive.

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry, I am not reading that extraordinarily bad run-on sentence.

and it is painted in Barney purple :lol:

Sheffler is a good pass catcher who cant block. You better be Tony G or Sharpe if you cant block in this league.

Thnikkaman
01-04-2010, 11:20 AM
I love fans who side with players and not the Team.

topscribe
01-04-2010, 11:41 AM
A Thnikkaman sighting! :shocked:

Good to see you, buddy! :wave:

-----

arapaho2
01-04-2010, 02:04 PM

and yet gaffney didnt compete for the end zone int yesterday...will he be back?