PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Royal Out vs. Chiefs/ Broncos Sign WR Matt Willis

getlynched47
01-02-2010, 04:58 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/01/02/eddie-royal-out-vs-chiefs/

The Broncos will be without two of their starting wide receivers Sunday against the Chiefs.

A day after announcing that Brandon Marshall will not play, the team has ruled Eddie Royal out as well. Royal is still recovering from the neck injury he suffered two weeks ago against Oakland.

The team on Saturday signed receiver Matt Willis from the practice squad to be the fourth receiver in the game against the Chiefs. Willis will join Jabar Gaffney, Brandon Stokley and Brandon Lloyd as the team’s active wide receivers. Those four players have a combined 58 catches this season (40 for Gaffney, 14 for Stokley and 4 four Lloyd).

To make room for Willis on the active roster, the team released offensive lineman Herb Taylor.

I bet our WR core this weekend will strike fear into the Chiefs...

broken12
01-02-2010, 05:13 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/01/02/eddie-royal-out-vs-chiefs/

I bet our WR core this weekend will strike fear into the Chiefs...

lol, i didnt think this would be possible but at wr we are still better off than what cutler has in chicago....i guess we'll find out if a system makes the players or players make a system.......we might also find out if orton can carry a team! ala manning, brady, mcnabb!

underrated29
01-02-2010, 05:36 PM
I think the QB part is the important part.

OrangeHoof
01-02-2010, 05:53 PM
http://i.current.com/images/asset/893/872/02/jbJ8AV.jpg

Ziggy
01-02-2010, 05:54 PM
lol, i didnt think this would be possible but at wr we are still better off than what cutler has in chicago....i guess we'll find out if a system makes the players or players make a system.......we might also find out if orton can carry a team! ala manning, brady, mcnabb!

Or....the defense can carry this team again, like it's done in every win this season.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2010, 05:59 PM

Well SURPRISE - SURPRISE - you once again managed to get Cutler's name in a thread to do with the DENVER BRONCOS
:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

T.K.O.
01-02-2010, 06:11 PM
i wonder if orton will throw 22 completions to willis .....just to piss marshall off !;)

dogfish
01-02-2010, 06:24 PM
maybe lonie paxton can play some tight end. . .

ikillz0mbies
01-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Anyone think that Coach is on the hot seat if the Broncos miss the playoffs this year?

BroncoWave
01-02-2010, 06:37 PM

I ask again Mods, how many threads does this poster have to troll with Cutler talk before he is banned? It's become comical at this point.

broken12
01-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Or....the defense can carry this team again, like it's done in every win this season.

lol, i am comparing our qb with the ones in the league for one, and thanks for backing me with the truth, that this offense hasnt won us anything!Q

Ziggy
01-02-2010, 07:55 PM
lol, i am comparing our qb with the ones in the league for one, and thanks for backing me with the truth, that this offense hasnt won us anything!Q

No, this offense hasn't won us anything this season. What's your point?

silkamilkamonico
01-02-2010, 08:25 PM

I think we're in a rude awakening in finding out that Orton isn't any better than the system has to offer him, much in the same way Chicago fans have found out that Cutler isn;t any better than what the system offers.

I also agree that both Orton and Cutler aren't Manning/Brady/McNabb.

Oh well, at least we weren't stupid enough to trade 2 first round picks for nothing more than a system QB like Chicago did.

Ziggy
01-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Anyone think that Coach is on the hot seat if the Broncos miss the playoffs this year?

I can only speak for myself, but no.

dogfish
01-02-2010, 09:21 PM

nah. . . pat bowlen's not dan snyder or jerruh jones. . .

KCL
01-02-2010, 11:19 PM
nah. . . pat bowlen's not dan snyder or jerruh jones. . .

or Al Davis...:lol:

broncofaninfla
01-03-2010, 01:00 AM

I think Mcd gets at least two years but, in my opinion is on a fast pace out of here. As unstable as this franchise has been the last 12 months I guess it could happen, but I think it will happen next season. I would love to see a proven or established head coach come in now and bring this franchise back to prominence (Cower). Until then I'll wonder which former Shanny player he will throw under the bus next....Hillis?