PDA

View Full Version : A call to arms

WARHORSE
01-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Has the coach made mistakes? Yes.

Have Scheff, Marshall any blame in this? Yes.

Does the buck ultimately stop on Bowlens desk? Yes.

Can the coach learn from this? Yes.

Can Scheff and Marshall ultimately grow from this? Yes.

Is Bowlen involved in all this? Yes.

Can our Broncos overcome odds and WIN? Hell yes.

Am I a Broncos fan for life?

HELL yes.

Blood soaked horse manes, shorn hooves and torn hides have paved a road of battle that many of us older guys have witnessed through the years. I been watchin this for decades and so has alot of good ole boys. I aint speaking for those who are of the new breed of fan, but to all the
B R O N C O S fan who roll up their sleeves week in and week out like me, then nuff said.

Foaming steeds with a never say die attitude still gather themselves together to come storming down the Rocky Mountains to snort the hot breath of their wills into the Colorado winters air for the sake of the BRONCOS faithful, announcing to the less fortunate that you can take their lives, but you can never take their allegiance or wills.

I'll be damned if I aint kneeling there when they tip their cups together in unison at the top of the hill reserved for the world champs.

If Josh McDaniels is there, his cup will touch mine.

If Marshall is there, his cup will touch mine.

If Bowlen is there, his cup will touch mine.

And if they aint, well thats too bad for YOU.

And if I aint blessed by the Lord to see another B R O N C O S Superbowl win, well I'll be tippin my cup in the grave when they do.

I'll be there. And so will the rest of the BRONCOS faithful.

Screw these dialogues.

Lets play ball.

dogfish
01-02-2010, 01:54 AM
i'm not sure if you really even said anything or not, but hell, it sounded good anyway. . . :D

:beer:

Lonestar
01-02-2010, 02:13 AM
I am a Bronco fan first and foremost .. have seen thousands of players come and go and with the exception of three John, TD and Eddie Mac they have all been replaced with equal or better talent..

this is not madden.. it is the NFL and we will win some we are supposed to lose some we should win and win a few we are NOT supposed to..

MasterShake
01-02-2010, 09:48 AM
I'll always have favorite players ( I even like a few from other teams ), but first and foremost I am a Broncos fan!

Part of that is just team loyalty, the other part is that Free Agency has rendered many of the Jerseys I've bought over the years obsolete. Damn you Clintn Portis and Javon Walker! AND MOST OF ALL DAMN YOU JAY CUTLER! :lol:

P.S. Never buy an authentic jersey unless its a retired hall of fame player or you put your own name on the back! :D

elsid13
01-02-2010, 09:55 AM
i'm not sure if you really even said anything or not, but hell, it sounded good anyway. . . :D

:beer:

Dude it time build one of the things and drive over to Dove Valley

http://www.ugo.com/movies/creation-scenes/images/entries/animal-house.jpg

Dzone
01-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Im not sure I want to give away my age, but I remember John Ralston touting Dale Carnegies Book "HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE" ..He talked about how taking the Dale Carnegie Course made him a better football coach. Im serious. I am not making that up...I had a friend that did an awesome John Ralston imitation...we would be rolling on the floor hearing him brag about Claudie Minor being the greatest tackle who ever played the game of football...All John Ralston ever did was brag about how great every player was. Even when someone ****** up, Ralston was praising his player.
Wonder if anyone remembers Ralston. What a guy.

Lonestar
01-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Im not sure I want to give away my age, but I remember John Ralston touting Dale Carnegies Book "HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE" ..He talked about how taking the Dale Carnegie Course made him a better football coach. Im serious. I am not making that up...I had a friend that did an awesome John Ralston imitation...we would be rolling on the floor hearing him brag about Claudie Minor being the greatest tackle who ever played the game of football...All John Ralston ever did was brag about how great every player was. Even when someone ****** up, Ralston was praising his player.
Wonder if anyone remembers Ralston. What a guy.

Carnegie is a class act, a series of books that most on here would be wise to read.. and put into practice..

Now I'm not saying that Head coaches should do it but for the average guy it works wonders..

SoCoPoCo
01-02-2010, 02:18 PM
I have been trying to explain this situation to my 9-year old son, who has become a Broncomaniac over the course of this season and is a HUGE Brandon Marshall fan and copies his one-handed catches at every opportunity.

For me, it comes down to this: I've been a Broncos fan since the early '70s when football was the only thing my father would watch with us kids (different Dr. Phil show). I've seen players come and go, coaches come and go, and yes fans come and go. My jacket, hat, bumpersticker, keychain, etc. all say 'Denver Broncos' and that is who my allegiance is to - not a single player, not a single coach. I hate the fact my favorite team is being laughed at on national sports shows but I think all things are cyclical and we will again have our day in the sun. I'm glad that even in our 'miserable' seasons we have a chance to get into the playoffs - think the Lions, Browns, et al would trade misery with us?
I believe in McDaniels and I think he will get us where we need to go in the near future. He is putting team players ahead of me players and culling the selfish out. Yes, its painful to watch but I think we'll be better off for it. I will be a Broncos fan long after McDaniels, Marshall, and anyone else on the roster is long gone. Long live the Denver Broncos.

rationalfan
01-02-2010, 03:31 PM
why do so many people on this board have to state that they're broncos fans? unless they're trolls (which are quite obvious), isn't that a given? it's like starting a post with "i'm using the internet to access this message board." it's an understood fact. get to the point.

and, criticizing the team you cheer for doesn't question fandom. not criticizing the team your cheer for questions fandom.

pnbronco
01-02-2010, 03:37 PM
AMEN to ALL of you HERE!!!!

The logo on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Adversity does not create character, it reveals it.

My respect for many of you and friendships on this board mean more to me than the W/L record at the end of the season.

Shake you are right about the jersey's.

WAR and Dog you should apply for a PR job down at Dove...IMHO.

Most of all thanks WAR!!! Trust me I'll be there to toast in the next life with my other Bronco fans/friends......:beer: (But hopefully we will get the chance to do it before then.....:D)

Ziggy
01-02-2010, 04:03 PM
why do so many people on this board have to state that they're broncos fans? unless they're trolls (which are quite obvious), isn't that a given? it's like starting a post with "i'm using the internet to access this message board." it's an understood fact. get to the point.
and, criticizing the team you cheer for doesn't question fandom. not criticizing the team your cheer for questions fandom.

Because of all the kids that want to throw the baby out with the bath water maybe?

MasterShake
01-02-2010, 04:25 PM

I don't think its so much about criticizing our team or who is the better fan. I equate it to group therapy. For Gods sake, we may not be the Browns or Lions, but how many teams lose a sure shot at the Playoffs 2 years in a row, while missing the last 5 years? For a Broncos fan, that equals a 0-16 season for a Lions fan. We expect to AT LEAST make the playoffs. Lions fans can count on AT LEAST one win any given season! :lol:

I'm not a bigger or less fan than anyone here, but its like when something really good is ripped away from you at the last minute you need to rationalize it.

A 6-0 start is like meeting a beautiful woman at a bar. Losses to the Raiders and Redskins is like having her puke in the car on the way home. If we miss the playoffs, that would be like finding out the morning after that "she" has a bigger penis than you.

Nomad
01-02-2010, 04:34 PM
That's one way to put it Mastershake!!:lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I think that everyone who takes the time to post on this board, no matter how long they've been a fan or how old they are has something "invested" in this team. Everyone here, at some point or another, has criticized some facet of the Broncos be it coaching, players, drafting, scheme, etc. It doesn't make you a lesser fan to voice your opinion positive or negative about things happening to the Broncos.

The way I see it, we're a family here. We don't always agree or get along, but we love the Broncos and are "true fans". The debates that always seem to rage every day as the topic changes from McD, to Orton, to the O-line, to Moreno, to the defense, to Marshall, to Scheffler, etc are what makes this board special. If all we did was agree about everything all the time and sing the praises of Orton, McD, Moreno, Marshall, etc then this would be the most boring place on the planet. Our differences of opinion are what make this board fun and a place that I'm willing to "hang out". Just because I don't agree with you, don't mean I hate ya! :beer:

I just want my Broncos to succeed. To me though, it doesn't mean I can just watch them melt down and not get animated about it. That's what being a fan is all about, just blindly rooting for every move the team makes and supporting everything they do doesn't make you a "better fan", it makes you a :sheep:

WARHORSE
01-03-2010, 02:48 AM
Im just tired of all the back and forth. Sometime I feel like Ive been sucked up into the new age of Bronco bickering that these forums leads to.

Heck, when I look back, before the internet, loving the B R O N C O S wasnt so convoluted.

"Forum" discussions about the Broncos were served over beers, steaks and handshakes.

Everyone always hoped the best for the next week.

I gotta get back home to that.

Im hopin for a win, I'll take that today, and go home happy.:salute:

Shazam!
01-03-2010, 02:58 AM
Heck, when I look back, before the internet, loving the B R O N C O S wasnt so convoluted.

I agree with that somewhat, before I got online I only met one other Broncos fan.