PDA

View Full Version : The meltdown of the Broncos.

horsemeat
01-01-2010, 11:00 PM
I threw a list of IMO the major issues I see with this team. This is my first post so hello from Broncos Land.

1. Orton hasn't been a deep threat. The defense focuses on stopping short passes and jamming up the run. Either the play calling is horrible or Orton is inaccurate at the long ball. I'm not at training camp or analyzing his play during practice so I don't know.

2. Moreno needs to take ballet. He is always stumbling and falling. His line hasn't helped but he hasn't either.

3. Orton is also a stumbler. You figure the man has been playing football for a while and has grasp the concept of how to balance. Maybe both Moreno and Orton should start ballet.

4. The O line which was never a problem under shannahan, can't run this new mcdaniels scheme. The zone blocking worked in the past why change it? Just ask Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, Droughns, etc. If you never heard of any of these players all I have to say is exactly!

5. Wheres the full back? Do we even use one? Single back plays are good to have when the opposition is guessing.

6. Defense has played outstanding most of the season but lost that fire. I can't imagine how that d feels everytime we get a turnover and go 3 and out.

7. Hillis injury was the reason we didn't make it to the playoffs last year. Cutler had zero running game. Hillis ran hard and did a good job so why is Lamont Jordan getting more respect? I think Hillis pissed in Mcd coffee as the welcome to denver joke.

8. special teams? Sometimes I wonder if our kickers belong in special ed!

9. Eddie Royal needs to be traded. He is a great player and his talent is going to waste on this team. I like the guy and he is a good person off the field. He hasn't said much but I know he is starting to become frustrated. Just ask Stokley! Im sure he knows how Royal feels.

10. Brandon Marshall? I cant believe one of the greatest bronco receivers might be gone next season. He seems to be acting like the adult this time.

NightTrainLayne
01-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Welcome to the Board HorseMeat. I think you'll find that every one of your points is covered in various other threads, and already being discussed quite a bit.

Enjoy your time here.

Bozo Jr.
01-02-2010, 06:47 AM
Welcome Horsemeat!:welcome:

MasterShake
01-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Welcome, Horsemeat!

You make some good points, but I think we need to hang on to Eddie Royal. His production may have slipped, but he's a classy player. Something we are in short supply of! :lol:

Nomad
01-02-2010, 10:11 AM
If the BRONCOS lose tomorrow, then you'll definitely see a meltdown around BRONCOS nation!!

Dzone
01-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Hey welcome to the board. You make some good points.

Bronco Bible
01-02-2010, 11:06 AM
:welcome: horsemeat.......... as you know some folks are a bit touchy right now.

camdisco24
01-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Welcome to the board!

broncofaninfla
01-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Welcome, Horsemeat!

You make some good points, but I think we need to hang on to Eddie Royal. His production may have slipped, but he's a classy player. Something we are in short supply of! :lol:

Yeah because the coach showed so much class in how he called Marshall and Scheffler in public rather than talk to them in person. We are a better team with both on the field than without them. I know the playoffs are a long shot anyways but how as a head coach do you not talk to arguably your best player personally when the playoffs are on the line.

Buff
01-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Royal's not going anywhere... We need his speed, plus the dude caught 90 balls last year--that alone earns him a 3rd year even if he hadn't excelled on special teams this year.

But, I too, am sick of seeing Kyle Orton trip and fall or go down after being merely grazed by a passrusher. He's gotta try and work on his balance and mobility in the offseason.

rationalfan
01-02-2010, 03:26 PM
1. Orton hasn't been a deep threat. Blame part of it on the disintegration of the Oline. Part of it on the fact he's playing for a coach that demands avoiding turnovers over everything else.

2. Moreno needs to take ballet. No. He just needs run decisively behind a line that generates push.

3. Orton is also a stumbler. Yep

4. The O line which was never a problem under shannahan, can't run this new mcdaniels scheme. Shanahan's gone. Get over it. The interior Oline players Shanny left don't have enough girth/strength to get the push McD's system needs.

5. Wheres the full back? The scheme doesn't use one much. Neither does New England's. Hillis apologists and guys who worship Lombardi still don't get it. It's called football evolution.

6. Defense has played outstanding most of the season but lost that fire. The defensive personnel is too small and wears down over a long season. Again, thanks Shanny.

7. Hillis injury was the reason we didn't make it to the playoffs last year. Not true. The reason Denver failed to make the postseason was because seven running backs went on IR. Hillis was only one of them.

8. special teams? Sometimes I wonder if our kickers belong in special ed! Perhaps. More likely Berger needs to be in a retirement community.

9. Eddie Royal needs to be traded. This makes no sense. Why trade a talented player? And why trade a talented player after his worst season? Not much value there.

10. Brandon Marshall? I cant believe one of the greatest bronco receivers might be gone next season. He seems to be acting like the adult this time. Yeah. It happens. Personally, I don't care what players are on this team as long as the team wins.

dogfish
01-02-2010, 03:59 PM
6. Defense has played outstanding most of the season but lost that fire. The defensive personnel is too small and wears down over a long season. Again, thanks Shanny.

you can thank shanahan for elvis dumervil, champ bailey, DJ williams and kenny peterson-- all the rest of our defensive starters were acquired by the present regime. . . blame shenanigans for the overall lack of defensive depth and talent he left, but if our present D is too small it's hardly mike's fault. . .

besides which, most of our current defensive starters aren't really that far from prototypical 3-4 size around the league, other than maybe ronald fields being a few pounds light at the nose-- which makes sense anyway, as the guy has to play half his games at altitude and would probably die on the field if he tried to play as many snaps as he does at 340. . . we could probably use a little more size in the ILB corps, and that's something i'm guessing we'll address in the offseason-- we already have a group of monster OLBs, with haggan, ayers and reid all around the 270 mark. . .

horsemeat
01-04-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm happy that your a huge Orton fan and he is the greatest in your eyes. I grew up watching this qb named John Elway, who also played for the Broncos. I'm not sure if you heard about him but that was a real qb. Once you see Elway play week after week, then its easy to see why anyone would think Orton is average.

GEM
01-04-2010, 01:51 AM
LOL! I thought I signed up for the broncos forum. Why do you act like I'm a Raiders fan?

I'm happy that your a huge Orton fan and he is the greatest in your eyes. I grew up watching this qb named John Elway, who also played for the Broncos. I'm not sure if you heard about him but that was a real qb. Once you see Elway play week after week, then its easy to see why anyone would think Orton is average.

Welcome to the Forums!

Shazam!
01-04-2010, 02:43 AM
I grew up watching this qb named John Elway, who also played for the Broncos. I'm not sure if you heard about him but that was a real qb. Once you see Elway play week after week, then its easy to see why anyone would think Orton is average.

Nobody says Orton is Superman. Nobody.

Hell, I miss Jake Plummer...

The vast majority of us here saw John Elway weekly for years. So, spare us all the Elway talk.

Do I want a QB better than Orton? Yes. Cutler was not that either. I've succumbed to the fact that we'll never see another QB like John Elway in Denver again. You should too.

dogfish
01-04-2010, 03:20 AM
yea, elway's not walkin' through that tunnel again. . . the guy was a guaranteed first ballot hall of famer. . . we could easily go another fifty or a hundred years without seeing a comparable QB-- how many of the NFL's franchises have even one guy like that in their history, let alone multiple?

i'd like to be twenty-three again too, but i don't waste my time sitting around bitching because i'm not or waiting for it to magically happen. . .

Nomad
01-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Just curious, when was the last time (besides this season), the BRONCOS won all their away games vs divisional rivals and lost all their home games vs divisional rivals!! Talk about lacking homefield advantage!!

Northman
01-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Elway was one of a kind. Not ever going to see that again.

GEM
01-04-2010, 10:40 AM
I should have just deleted that Orton comment as well. I had to edit it as it was in response to an earlier personal attack on horsemeat. Don't get too stuck on his Orton comment as it was in direct response to a deleted post.

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 10:43 AM

I agree but that baby QB in Chicago is no Elway either and never will be. Elway never threw 26 ints in one year and had a winning season in his rookie year, something that Toddler in Chicago is still trying to accomplish and failing at as usual.