PDA

View Full Version : Split again........

Crush05
01-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Wow the season starts with us and our team split. Now we are ending our season the same way it had started. Have we not grown or learned anything from our past mistakes? We as fans or our team has not learned a thing going back to a melt down the last half of last season , to a new coach an the same result this season. Whatever happened to this being a game where the players played with the contract they signed and earned a new contract and fans were just that fans...... Right now I can say is that as a fan I feel we have hit a low as a franchise and we pray that something comes about quickly before we become the new Detroit Lions of the league!!!!

JONtheBRONCO
01-01-2010, 10:02 PM
I feel like... McD is our coach? And we need to accept this, and wait to judge... It's his first year. Damn. If you don't like it, please, go complain elsewhere.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I feel like... McD is our coach? And we need to accept this, and wait to judge... It's his first year. Damn. If you don't like it, please, go complain elsewhere.

I totally agree. McD is young. He's going to make mistakes.

The ironic thing is I've sat on these boards and moreso the other one, and listened to almost all the posters support every garbage decision Mike Shanahan made year in and year out, because "he knows what he's doing", only in turn leads us to the same records McD will have led us this year.

It's laughable.

Crush05
01-01-2010, 10:09 PM

For your information I am not complaining. I am stating a fact. Our team needs to come together and as fans we need to do the same! I am not judging I am stating a simple point of view which is the purpose of the boards and the reason this is the only Broncos Forums I post on. If you cannot handle that maybe you need to go elsewhere. Yes McD is our coach and I support him. yes Marshall is on our team as well and I support him. We are not in the locker room or at Dove Valley so unless your a fly on the wall we can just say all involved are at fault!

JONtheBRONCO
01-01-2010, 10:14 PM
For your information I am not complaining. I am stating a fact. Our team needs to come together and as fans we need to do the same! I am not judging I am stating a simple point of view which is the purpose of the boards and the reason this is the only Broncos Forums I post on. If you cannot handle that maybe you need to go elsewhere. Yes McD is our coach and I support him. yes Marshall is on our team as well and I support him. We are not in the locker room or at Dove Valley so unless your a fly on the wall we can just say all involved are at fault!

That was in no way intended for you. I am in your corner too, dude. I hate coming on this board and seeing the negative nancies and debbie downers. Bronco fans unite. Lets just wait and see before we judge!

camdisco24
01-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Im just tired of people jumping the gun about these issues.
For all we know, we might be better off without Marshall. No one here can say otherwise because they have no clue what the effect of losing Marshall could have.

Crush you're right about fans needing to stick together. I dont want another fall out. I lurked during the Cutler fiasco and join near the end of it and I was not happy with how fans were treating each other. Hopefully in the near future we'll all have something to celebrate about because Im getting tired of all the negativity.

(And yes, I understand where the negativity is coming from so it is somewhat understandable.)

Crush05
01-01-2010, 10:19 PM
That was in no way intended for you. I am in your corner too, dude. I hate coming on this board and seeing the negative nancies and debbie downers. Bronco fans unite. Lets just wait and see before we judge!

Then my apologies for taking it towards me. I read it two or three times and it felt it was that way. See how things get taken this is my point and I am just as guilty as the next. Thank you for your reply and GO BRONCOS!!!

JONtheBRONCO
01-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I totally agree. McD is young. He's going to make mistakes.

The ironic thing is I've sat on these boards and moreso the other one, and listened to almost all the posters support every garbage decision Mike Shanahan made year in and year out, because "he knows what he's doing", only in turn leads us to the same records McD will have led us this year.

It's laughable.

Exactly. How many wins did we predict the Broncos would have this year? Point is, it's not about being satisfied with our current record, because I'm not. I'm also not satisfied with what's going on in Dove Vally with Marshall. What I am satisfied with is what our coach has accomplished. The staff he has brought in, the improved defense (sorry, but Mike Nolan is Josh's guy) and being without the all-star boy Jay Cutler. The season was over before it started for most of us, and here we are with a good staff in place, some draft picks to work with, and some solid core players who actually WANT to be Denver Broncos, and we point to axe at McD. The guy may bring us 9 wins in his rookie year, and here we are, complaining about how he isn't a personable guy. Get real!

SR
01-01-2010, 10:21 PM
I don't really care if the fans come together or not. I don't need any of you to come together to make me a better fan, or to make me a fan at all.

All this bullshit and blame game crap just needs to end. Support your team, or don't.

In basic training, my TI told us over and over "have faith in the system". It hasn't steered me wrong yet.

camdisco24
01-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't really care if the fans come together or not. I don't need any of you to come together to make me a better fan, or to make me a fan at all.

All this bullshit and blame game crap just needs to end. Support your team, or don't.

In basic training, my TI told us over and over "have faith in the system". It hasn't steered me wrong yet.

I agree, but I still want a unified fan base! This place (which doesnt represent Broncos fans as a whole) makes us like like a fighting dysfunctional family.

Crush05
01-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I agree, but I still want a unified fan base! This place (which doesnt represent Broncos fans as a whole) makes us like like a fighting dysfunctional family.

Agreed there is a way to post and stay unified!!!

SR
01-01-2010, 10:37 PM

That's because it's full of a bunch of idealist know-it-all football experts.

Crush05
01-01-2010, 11:03 PM

I would not go as far as saying that. I would say we all are such die hard fans we express ourselves in different ways. We just need to find a way to stick together.:salute:

camdisco24
01-02-2010, 12:11 AM

Every football forum is full of people like that. After all, board goers know more about football than NFL coaches right!?!?! ;)

Crush05
01-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Every football forum is full of people like that. After all, board goers know more about football than NFL coaches right!?!?! ;)

What we are not......:laugh::lol::laugh:

Shazam!
01-02-2010, 02:42 AM
I realize it took the Denver Broncos 30+ years to win the Super Bowl, and 20+ since I've been following them since John Elway's earliest years. I realize they may never win a Super Bowl again in my lifetime.

Just as I did Shanahan nearly a decade after our Championship seasons when I felt he lost the team, when/If I feel Josh McDaniels is doing harm to my beloved Broncos, I'll want him gone. But it'll take more than one Season for that.

However, I will still support them through thick and thin.

They may do some things I don't agree with.

If a player at any position doesn't want to play on this team, get the !@#$ away from my Broncos.

I root for the uniform first, player and personnel second.

Go :defense:

OrangeHoof
01-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Fans are fans. If we win, everyone's happy (with a few outliers) and if we lose, everyone wants to criticize. There's no "come together" for fans unless the team wins. And the fans can't control whether the team wins.

SR
01-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Then there are those who are fans regardless. Everyone is a critic.

getlynched47
01-02-2010, 04:29 PM

Wait to judge? You mean we can't criticize for the bad we've witnessed and praise for the good we've witnessed? Is that unacceptable to do for a rookie head coach? I didn't know they are supposed to be immune to criticism :rolleyes:

pnbronco
01-02-2010, 06:31 PM

Thanks SR, I need to stop letting BS posts get to me. I hate the fact you are half my age and so much wiser.....:D

Crush05
01-03-2010, 11:09 PM
And the split begins..... come on people our team finished better then most people thought. It is and was a rebuilding year. 8-8 hmmmm Shanny finished with the same record here his first year here. Is McD a Sahnny no but I feel he will learn from his mistakes as will our team. Time to get ready for next year no matter who is on our team!!

lameduck33
01-03-2010, 11:22 PM
got this off the mane, pretty funny

Accountability (the good bye thread)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some quotes following the KC game:

Quote:
“As embarrassing as this was, you have to go back and watch this. You want to know which guys stepped up and gave it their all … or did some guys just fold it up?” Holliday said.

Mcdaniels went out of his way to ensure that every single player out there was 100% dedicated so Holliday must be speaking of the coaching staff, or maybe he is just making sure he is not a Bronco next year. Regardless, he is clearly not with the program - so bye buy Vonnie.

Quote:
“We’re not going to look back on it and say that cost us this game. That happened, whatever,” said Gaffney

That is a bad attitude, so I doubt we will be seeing you around anytime soon. Bye bye Gaffney.

Quote:
“We’ve got to look at what may be the common denominator in why we’re not finishing better than we’re finishing,” McDaniels said.

Seeing as all the players were dedicated and handpicked to ensure they would play their best, the common denominator must be coaching - or maybe the players didn't play so well and the coach who picked them is to blame by proxy. Either way, it was good knowing you hoodie - bye bye Mcdaniels.

Quote:
“When this happens against a team like Kansas City. These guys had over 500 yards of total offense—I don’t think they’ve gotten that in the last three, four games. It’s ridiculous.

“Charles is a good back, no doubt about it. We knew that coming in. But what did he have, 300 yards by himself? That’s embarrassing.”

500 yards to the Chiefs, getting blown out last year by a good San Diego team on the road was bad, but getting blown out at home against a bad Chiefs team? This kind of thing makes the Lions take notice and say, holy ****, at least we are not that bad - so bye bye Nolan, happy trails.

Derrick Johnson has in his career 4 INTS (prior to tonight) and no defensive TDs, thanks to Kyle "Mistake free super accurate QB" Orton he increased his INTs by 50% for his career! and added his first 2 TDs. Bye bye Orton, a word of advice: grow your neckbeard back, at least that made you interesting - since talented and succesful seems to be something you will never achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown
Anyone who thinks Marshal didn't dog it against the Raiders is kidding themselves. Those drops IMO were on purpose. His numbers this yr good enough to get a great deal, now it's time to get even with Broncos for not paying him earlier.

I don't trust Marshall and hope we get a 1st and 3rd for him in FA.

Daniel Graham, the jury is in, those drops were on purpose, I guess you are getting back at Mcdaniels for making you block more than recieving, we all know that is why you left New England - so bye bye Mr Accountability.

Crush05
01-04-2010, 05:38 PM
got this off the mane, pretty funny

Accountability (the good bye thread)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some quotes following the KC game:

Quote:
“As embarrassing as this was, you have to go back and watch this. You want to know which guys stepped up and gave it their all … or did some guys just fold it up?” Holliday said.

Mcdaniels went out of his way to ensure that every single player out there was 100% dedicated so Holliday must be speaking of the coaching staff, or maybe he is just making sure he is not a Bronco next year. Regardless, he is clearly not with the program - so bye buy Vonnie.

Quote:
“We’re not going to look back on it and say that cost us this game. That happened, whatever,” said Gaffney

That is a bad attitude, so I doubt we will be seeing you around anytime soon. Bye bye Gaffney.

Quote:
“We’ve got to look at what may be the common denominator in why we’re not finishing better than we’re finishing,” McDaniels said.

Seeing as all the players were dedicated and handpicked to ensure they would play their best, the common denominator must be coaching - or maybe the players didn't play so well and the coach who picked them is to blame by proxy. Either way, it was good knowing you hoodie - bye bye Mcdaniels.

Quote:
“When this happens against a team like Kansas City. These guys had over 500 yards of total offense—I don’t think they’ve gotten that in the last three, four games. It’s ridiculous.

“Charles is a good back, no doubt about it. We knew that coming in. But what did he have, 300 yards by himself? That’s embarrassing.”

500 yards to the Chiefs, getting blown out last year by a good San Diego team on the road was bad, but getting blown out at home against a bad Chiefs team? This kind of thing makes the Lions take notice and say, holy ****, at least we are not that bad - so bye bye Nolan, happy trails.

Derrick Johnson has in his career 4 INTS (prior to tonight) and no defensive TDs, thanks to Kyle "Mistake free super accurate QB" Orton he increased his INTs by 50% for his career! and added his first 2 TDs. Bye bye Orton, a word of advice: grow your neckbeard back, at least that made you interesting - since talented and succesful seems to be something you will never achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown
Anyone who thinks Marshal didn't dog it against the Raiders is kidding themselves. Those drops IMO were on purpose. His numbers this yr good enough to get a great deal, now it's time to get even with Broncos for not paying him earlier.

I don't trust Marshall and hope we get a 1st and 3rd for him in FA.

Daniel Graham, the jury is in, those drops were on purpose, I guess you are getting back at Mcdaniels for making you block more than recieving, we all know that is why you left New England - so bye bye Mr Accountability.

All I can do is.........:lol: