PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels, Get Down Off The Horse.....NOW.

WARHORSE
01-01-2010, 06:26 PM
I cant believe I gotta wake up to reading this kind of stuff at this point in time.

Unfortunately, the inexperience of our young coach is showing itself at the most inopportune time.

Bowlen needs to grab McD by the collar, bring him into his office, and bring him back to earth.

McDaniels needs a wake up call. Big time.

I think its ok that this happened. Because if we get it worked out, McD will be a better coach, and the players will respect him understanding hes made a mistake.

This is about winning Josh. Remember?

My decision is this: "Reactivate both Brandon and Scheff. Go out there and win. We'll focus on accountability along the way.":salute:

claymore
01-01-2010, 06:28 PM
I cant believe I gotta wake up to reading this kind of stuff at this point in time.

Unfortunately, the inexperience of our young coach is showing itself at the most inopportune time.

Bowlen needs to grab McD by the collar, bring him into his office, and bring him back to earth.

I think its ok that this happened. Because if we get it worked out, McD will be a better coach, and the players will respect him understanding hes made a mistake.

My decision is this: "Reactivate both Brandon and Scheff. Go out there and win. We'll focus on accountability along the way.":salute:

Sheffler is suspended because of his attitude as well. Last game, crucial for the playoffs, and 2 bigtime players gone. FMITA

BroncoWave
01-01-2010, 06:30 PM
War, you have NO idea what is going on behind the scenes and to say he should just reactivate them both without having any idea what is going on is mighty presumptuous. I'm also not sure why you feel your opinion on the matter is important enough to start a new thread when there's already a thread on the matter.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Sorry, but I'm not gonna put all of this on the coach when he suspends the 2 dudes who were the biggest whiners in the pre-season. Especially when one of em has an ouchie at the worst possible time.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-01-2010, 06:37 PM

Did you sleep in until the late afternoon and now you're cranky?

Brand
01-01-2010, 06:39 PM
More Drama.

Gosh, maybe you should have stayed in bed, or not go on the net, or log on to the site, or......

Methiinks War has too big an ego to not start threads about things he knows nothing about. I mean he has opinions that he thinks need to be shared, man......

Dzone
01-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Running on a bad hamstring is a bitch. If it cramps, you really cannot run further unless you hop on one foot. I know from personal experience. Its way more than just a sore muscle. It only heals with rest and therapy.

As far as saying we dont know whats really going on behind the scenes, well, we do have a press conference where McD is allowing his emotion(anger) to get the best of him. Dont pass it off as a small thing. This changes so many dynamics of sundays game. It can change the whole energy and atmosphere, not to mention splitting the locker room in half.

Watchthemiddle
01-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Co-captain Daniel Graham said that while Marshall has been a good teammate this year, McDaniels was doing what was in the team's best interests.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4788055

WARHORSE
01-01-2010, 06:49 PM
War, you have NO idea what is going on behind the scenes and to say he should just reactivate them both without having any idea what is going on is mighty presumptuous. I'm also not sure why you feel your opinion on the matter is important enough to start a new thread when there's already a thread on the matter.

Call me presumptuous then.

If you wanna talk about thread starting, start your own thread.

The FACT of the matter wont change anything other than we have a must win game this sunday and we're benching these two...period.

I base my opinions on what I know.......Ive heard McD....and Ive heard Brandon.

Number one, we shouldnt be talkin about this in the media. Whose decision wassat?

Get it?

turftoad
01-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Sorry, but I'm not gonna put all of this on the coach when he suspends the 2 dudes who were the biggest whiners in the pre-season. Especially when one of em has an ouchie at the worst possible time.

Sounds to me like McD is a grudge holder.

WARHORSE
01-01-2010, 06:56 PM
More Drama.

Gosh, maybe you should have stayed in bed, or not go on the net, or log on to the site, or......

Methiinks War has too big an ego to not start threads about things he knows nothing about. I mean he has opinions that he thinks need to be shared, man......

More drama is right.

And thanks be to Broncos fans we got you brand to roam threads and point out egos for us.

Mike
01-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Sheffler is suspended because of his attitude as well. Last game, crucial for the playoffs, and 2 bigtime players gone. FMITA

Not like they involve him in the gameplan anyway. :tsk:

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Sounds to me like McD is a grudge holder.

I would concur regarding Scheff, but BM playing the bitch role at the worst possible time made it VERY easy for McD to burn him.

JONtheBRONCO
01-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Reactivate them WAR?

Why are you guys sticking up for these selfish players?

Brandon said HE CAN'T PLAY, because of injury.

Scheff said, "I want out of Denver" during a CRUCIAL game.

Cutler basically cried his way out.

yet, we have these fans, who want to stick up for players who DONT WANT TO BE DENVER BRONCOS! What's wrong with this picture?

JONtheBRONCO
01-01-2010, 08:37 PM
These 3 douchebags should start up a band or something. None of these guys want to be in Denver. It is them, and them only, who got themselves where they are now... on the ******* bench. If a teammate of mine were o say some crap statement like, "I want out of here," during a friggin must win, man... I dont know what I'd do.

Lol. Who are you guys to say this was handled wrong? I'm sure the same people were saying the same things when McD took over the Cutler situation. Makes me sick. Everyone backng McD week 6, but when the tough times get tougher, people quit on him and point the finger. Have some loyalty to the Broncos, not for a couple of selfish ******.. My god.

Nomad
01-01-2010, 08:47 PM
I agree War because...I have no idea!:drinking: Pac 10 and SEC sucks this year!:drinking:

Lin Evans
01-01-2010, 08:49 PM
It's hard to justify benching two of the best options the team has for the most critical game of the year unless the object is to not have a chance at the playoffs.

No MRI or "opinion" of coach or trainer can determine how a player can perform in respect to a pulled or strained hamstring. If BM says his hamstring is hurting and he is only at about 50%, then a "reasonable" person would not contradict this and let their ego show so obviously. Psychologists will look at the coach on tv and quickly assume from the clenched teeth expression and general demeanor that this is a personal issue and not a sound decision. This coach seems to be inclined to make poor decisions at critical times which adversely affect the probability of success. From letting a "franchise" quarterback get away in favor of less than stellar choice who he didn't get anyway (thank providence!) to almost loosing BM who just set an NFL record for pass completions - he's shown incredible immaturity. No amount of coaching expertise can get this team to a playoff without team talent. Get rid of the play makers and the Broncos will languish in mediocracy.

We simply don't have the other personnel or QB to allow that to happen and expect to beat even the Chiefs. This team needs every talented player we have to get into the playoffs, let alone get to the SB.

Bad decisions in my opinion..... It's time for PB to step in and put an end to this foolishness.

Lin

pnbronco
01-01-2010, 08:50 PM
I would concur regarding Scheff, but BM playing the bitch role at the worst possible time made it VERY easy for McD to burn him.

Actually I have to agree with you here on Scheff, I'm guessing that he could be collateral damage and that sucks. Plus Sheff had a bad game last week and may have popped off at a really bad time. As for BM, who knows, I mean really who knows.

WARHORSE
01-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Reactivate them WAR?

yet, we have these fans, who want to stick up for players who DONT WANT TO BE DENVER BRONCOS! What's wrong with this picture?

Point taken. While Im the first to say accountability is very important to a team that has superbowl aspirations, Im also one to say that there are a number of ways to prove your point, or teach players.

This is, first and foremost, about winning.

That will never change.

There are 50 plus other players on the team, and each of them understands what is at stake when it comes to winning or losing.

They want to win. Period. Winning means stability, and a possible bigger payday for them and their families.

If Brandon isnt who we want on the sidelines, or he doesnt want to be on the sidelines, then theres the offseason to deal with that.

Meanwhile, we have a huge game coming up for playoff status, and what are we talkin about?

Not my idea of giving us the best possible chance for success.

Im not tootin Marshall or Scheffs horn.

Tempus Fugit
01-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Enough with the bashing of McDaniels already. Here it is, straight from Marshall:

"I pretty much knew (I would be inactive) Wednesday when I tweaked my hamstring," Marshall told reporters after McDaniels' press conference.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-marshall-inactive-010110,0,5501501.story

claymore
01-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Reactivate them WAR?

That is a big time rumor. And if its true, than that reasures me that JMCD is a doosh bag. How the hell are you going to suspend a player because another player whispered in your ear?

It would take an Elway or Montana or something to get that done, and even then............

WARHORSE
01-01-2010, 09:42 PM
As for my position on this, it was reiterated by the longstanding media guru/nfl expert/TV commentator extroidinaire..........Rich Eisen. (cue laughter)

Unfortunately, hes right. McD could have simply said, Brandon is deactivated, and left it at that. But he didnt, and instead chose to make sure that we all knew this was a coaching decision.

Now we are back in the *)&!#$@ storm in our org, that we just got out of.

Not smart.

Not smart at all.

Who knows what all has been said behind closed doors.......but it doesnt matter.

This should have stayed behind closed doors.

We lie about the injury report................lie about our cohesiveness.:salute:

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 09:42 PM

:

Were Bronco fans. All of us.

What do we really know about "winning".

We haven't really won anything in about 10 years, with the exception of the one fluke year.

Let McDaniels change the culture and identity of this marginal organization in terms of success.

dogfish
01-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Enough with the bashing of McDaniels already. Here it is, straight from Marshall:

so why not simply list him as doubtful with a hamstring injury and then not play him, as opposed to making it a coach's decision and doing so publicly? where does that benefit us?

look, i've mostly been a supporter of mcdaniels after i got past the offseason turmoil, but it doesn't mean i have to toe the company line and just assume that every choice he makes is the right one because he's the HC, end of story. . . and regardless of how you feel about marshall, which is an entirely separate issue, i don't see how josh handled this smoothly. . . not only does it not help marshall's trade value, it also creates an unecessary controversy right before a big game, when you'd prefer to have the team thinking about nothing besides kansas city. . .

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 09:48 PM

Brandon Marshall is a Mike Shanahan holdover, catches 100 passes a year in leading us to 8-8 records, and beats women.

He can say and do whatever he wants.

Dzone
01-01-2010, 09:48 PM
McDunce is at it again. The dude is 2-7 since a 6-0 start. He has made numerous questionable game decisions...This is why young coaches arent always a good idea. For every Mike Tomlin, there are a handful of young coaches who are losing in a big way.

McD sets a poor example of how to behave in the media. Im starting to think Mcdunce is seriously lacking in tact and class. He speaks without thinking of the consequences. He didnt need to talk shit about a player.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 09:50 PM
McDunce is at it again. The dude is 2-7 since a 6-0 start. He has made numerous questionable game decisions...This is why young coaches arent always a good idea. For every Mike Tomlin, there are a handful of young coaches who are losing in a big way.

McD sets a poor example of how to behave in the media. Im starting to think Mcdunce is seriously lacking in tact and class. He speaks without thinking of the consequences. He didnt need to talk shit about a player.

McD is following the reumge of a winning organization. Something you, or I, know nothing about.

Let's not sit here and pretend we know whats right and wrong in handling siotuations like this in a professional level. That would be ignorance at it's finest.

Dzone
01-01-2010, 09:51 PM
so why not simply list him as doubtful with a hamstring injury and then not play him, as opposed to making it a coach's decision and doing so publicly? where does that benefit us?

look, i've mostly been a supporter of mcdaniels after i got past the offseason turmoil, but it doesn't mean i have to toe the company line and just assume that every choice he makes is the right one because he's the HC, end of story. . . and regardless of how you feel about marshall, which is an entirely separate issue, i don't see how josh handled this smoothly. . . not only does it not help marshall's trade value, it also creates an unecessary controversy right before a big game, when you'd prefer to have the team thinking about nothing besides kansas city. . .

Amen to that. Couldnt have said it better myself.

Dzone
01-01-2010, 09:56 PM
McD is following the reumge of a winning organization. Something you, or I, know nothing about.

Let's not sit here and pretend we know whats right and wrong in handling siotuations like this in a professional level. That would be ignorance at it's finest.
It doesnt take a genius to know that McDs talking shit about a player is unhealthy for everyone involved. He has the temprament of a school girl and he is totally immaTURE:laugh:

JONtheBRONCO
01-01-2010, 10:00 PM
That is a big time rumor. And if its true, than that reasures me that JMCD is a doosh bag. How the hell are you going to suspend a player because another player whispered in your ear?

It would take an Elway or Montana or something to get that done, and even then............

A rumor? Tony is benched because of his attitude... How is this a rumor? Dude, just because this is the way you wanted the season to unfold, doesn't mean you have to automatically take the side of these two jerkoffs. Are you kidding me? A couple of bad apples, not going to argue this.

Dzone
01-01-2010, 10:04 PM
LETS LOOK AT THE COACHES THAT WERE SPUN OFF the new england staff...start with charlie weis...josh mcdaniels..mangini, etc, etc...they have one thing in common:THEY LOSE FOOTBALL GAMES

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 10:09 PM
LETS LOOK AT THE COACHES THAT WERE SPUN OFF the new england staff...start with charlie weis...josh mcdaniels..mangini, etc, etc...they have one thing in common:THEY LOSE FOOTBALL GAMES

Ironic.

McD has led us to basically the same record that Mike Shanahan led us year in and year out over a span of 10 years.

Yet nobody dared question his idiotic decision making year in and year out.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 10:10 PM
It doesnt take a genius to know that McDs talking shit about a player is unhealthy for everyone involved. He has the temprament of a school girl and he is totally immaTURE:laugh:

He's talking shit about a self entitled women beater who's on video for acting like an 8 year old kid.

You have got to be kidding me.

getlynched47
01-01-2010, 10:10 PM
This experience that McDaniels will hopefully learn from will cost us two of our most prolific offensive players. Our offense is ranked 20th in the league. How does this make us better?

Answer: it doesn't

No way in shit that Brandon Marshall will re-sign with us now...McDaniels just severed the little string connecting Brandon Marshall with the Denver Broncos.

and if we don't allow Marshall to leave and keep him here by force (franchise tag), I'm sure it'll be 2009 training camp all over again.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 10:13 PM
and if we don't allow Marshall to leave and keep him here by force (franchise tag), I'm sure it'll be 2009 training camp all over again.

If that happens, Marshall will lose millions for every football he kicks out of stupidity. A franchise tag means the player is in another contract year. What happened during this contract year? Marshall played excellent until he hurt his glass gina and took himself out of the game this weekend.

Tempus Fugit
01-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Has reading become a lost art or something? Marshall's making it crystal clear, for crying out loud. Let's recap, yet again.....

"I pretty much knew (I would be inactive) Wednesday when I tweaked my hamstring," Marshall told reporters after McDaniels' press conference.

While an MRI on Marshall's hamstring showed no tear, the wide receiver said concerns about the team's handling of a hip injury last season, which required surgery, made him apprehensive to play through yet another injury and risk more damage.

"I've played through injuries before. Last year, I was told that I was fine and, unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way. I had a tear in my hip." "You just gotta listen to your body."

This is on Marshall, whether you McDaniels bashers like it or not.

getlynched47
01-01-2010, 10:16 PM
If that happens, Marshall will lose millions for every football he kicks out of stupidity. A franchise tag means the player is in another contract year. What happened during this contract year? Marshall played excellent until he hurt his glass gina and took himself out of the game this weekend.

FYI, McDaniels deactivated Marshall. Marshall didn't deactivate himself.

Whether or not Marshall truly insinuated that he couldn't play because of his hamstring injury, we will never know.

All we know is that Marshall was supposed to play this weekend according to Michael Lombardi and Adam Schefter, yet he was deactivated. Is that supposed to be in the best interest of our team? Or in the best interest of stroking McDaniels' ego??

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 10:19 PM

Whether or not Marshall truly insinuated that he couldn't play because of his hamstring injury, we will never know.

All we know is that Marshall was supposed to play this weekend according to Michael Lombardi and Adam Schefter, yet he was deactivated. Is that supposed to be in the best interest of our team? Or in the best interest of stroking McDaniels' ego??

Great idea, let's activate a guy who would have refused to play. Is it in the best interest of our team to deactivate a guy who could play special teams over a guy who just won't flat out play?

It's not that hard to understand really.

Tempus Fugit
01-01-2010, 10:20 PM

Read Marshall's own words. How difficult is that to do?

"I pretty much knew (I would be inactive) Wednesday when I tweaked my hamstring,

getlynched47
01-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Great idea, let's activate a guy who would have refused to play. Is it in the best interest of our team to deactivate a guy who could play special teams over a guy who just won't flat out play?

It's not that hard to understand really.

Again, we don't know if Brandon Marshall said "I will not play on Sunday".

McDaniels never clarified. He just said that it was a coaches decision and not related to the hamstring.

Therefore, it's unfair to assume otherwise. Assuming makes an ass out of u and me :welcome:

Dzone
01-01-2010, 10:23 PM
He's talking shit about a self entitled women beater who's on video for acting like an 8 year old kid.

You have got to be kidding me.
Im not kidding. You just said marshall played excellent this year...he had the best single game in nfl history for a receiver.
You think its cool for a HC to publicly put down a player in the media without talking to the player first??? Thats low class.
You must be joking.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Again, we don't know if Brandon Marshall said "I will not play on Sunday".
McDaniels never clarified. He just said that it was a coaches decision and not related to the hamstring.

Therefore, it's unfair to assume otherwise. Assuming makes an ass out of u and me :welcome:

Yes, we do.

dogfish
01-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Ironic.

McD has led us to basically the same record that Mike Shanahan led us year in and year out over a span of 10 years.

Yet nobody dared question his idiotic decision making year in and year out.

The hell you say! I pounded the guy religiously for years!

Sincerely,

JRWiz

:D

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Im not kidding. You just said marshall played excellent this year...he had the best single game in nfl history for a receiver.
You think its cool for a HC to publicly put down a player in the media without talking to the player first??? Thats low class.
You must be joking.

Apparently you missed the training camp fisco when McDaniels held Marshall's juvenile tantrums in house, and gave him a second chance. That's high class. If Marshall can't learn from that, he doesn't deserve a second oppurtunity for a "learning experience".

The difference between a guy like McD's, and a gu like you, is holding the hand of a 25 year old NFL football player.

Dzone
01-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Apparently you missed the training camp fisco when McDaniels held Marshall's juvenile tantrums in house, and gave him a second chance. That's high class. If Marshall can't learn from that, he doesn't deserve a second oppurtunity for a "learning experience".

The difference between a guy like McD's, and a gu like you, is holding the hand of a 25 year old NFL football player.

I bet you'd wipe his ass too if he asked you.
You dont have to say low class insults like that. Stop showing your imbecilic IQ and say something with some substance for once.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 10:40 PM
You dont have to say low class insults like that. Stop showing your imbecilic IQ and say something with some substance for once.

Ok. I'll remove that last sentence, and it's full of substance. You give a man an oppurtunity to learn from his mistake. If he hasn't learned, you move on. Case in point, Brandon Marshall.

Tempus Fugit
01-01-2010, 10:42 PM

I can't possibly be the only one seeing the irony here.....

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 11:12 PM
It's hard to justify benching two of the best options the team has for the most critical game of the year unless the object is to not have a chance at the playoffs.

No MRI or "opinion" of coach or trainer can determine how a player can perform in respect to a pulled or strained hamstring. If BM says his hamstring is hurting and he is only at about 50%, then a "reasonable" person would not contradict this and let their ego show so obviously. Psychologists will look at the coach on tv and quickly assume from the clenched teeth expression and general demeanor that this is a personal issue and not a sound decision. This coach seems to be inclined to make poor decisions at critical times which adversely affect the probability of success. From letting a "franchise" quarterback get away in favor of less than stellar choice who he didn't get anyway (thank providence!) to almost loosing BM who just set an NFL record for pass completions - he's shown incredible immaturity. No amount of coaching expertise can get this team to a playoff without team talent. Get rid of the play makers and the Broncos will languish in mediocracy.

We simply don't have the other personnel or QB to allow that to happen and expect to beat even the Chiefs. This team needs every talented player we have to get into the playoffs, let alone get to the SB.

Bad decisions in my opinion..... It's time for PB to step in and put an end to this foolishness.

Lin

Good thing your opinion really doesn't matter, then, huh!? :lol:

WE also don't know what was said/thought to be said/overheard/thought to be overheard, in the locker room/on the field/in the parking lot/over the phone, to make ANY educated guesses about what might have brought all of this on, no do WE?

An NFL team isn't a 'democracy'. There's 1 head coach, and it's his way or the highway.

Until he has 'his players' in the lockerroom, this is likely to continue.

I think alot of people thought Shanny lost his because of a bunch of malcontents.

You don't "rebuild" by keeping malcontents around, skilled or otherwise, imo.

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 11:16 PM

Funny how that's NOT what he, nor ESPN, nor NFL Network was saying.

This is called backtracking. Evidently he doesn't know people actually listen/read what's reported on a daily, if not hourly basis.

Tempus Fugit
01-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Funny how that's NOT what he, nor ESPN, nor NFL Network was saying.

This is called backtracking. Evidently he doesn't know people actually listen/read what's reported on a daily, if not hourly basis.

His words....

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 11:23 PM

Was McD asked WHY or did he just offer it up on his own?

Ya'll are bitching at him for giving out the same, drab speeches before/after games. No information that one couldn't discern on their own. So now, when he DOES give more info, ya'll bash him?

He IS damned if he does/doesn't, after all. :rolleyes:

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 11:26 PM

Ironic you should bring up a coach, in Tomlin, who himself has had a 5game losing streak, and is also looking at a possible 8-8 record.

Gee....I wonder how many "young coaches" are out there, who could walk in on an already playoff caliber team, keeping the already entrenched HoF coordinators (lebeau) and succeed? Nice call.

:rolleyes:

dogfish
01-01-2010, 11:28 PM

and by the same token, you don't get out of the rebuilding phase unless you have talent-- ask the detroit lions or cleveland browns if you don't believe me. . . :lol:

while it doesn't absolve him of any responsibility for the situation-- you have to work with what you're given-- i'm willing to give josh at least a partial pass on this just because it was an inherited problem. . . marshall has shown his immaturity with prior incidents, and he almost certainly was unhappy with his contract before mcD was hired. . .

IMO, how josh SHOULD be judged in regards to this situation is how he handles it going forward. . . i think it's close to a foregone conclusion at this point that brandon will be traded-- and assuming that's the case, it then falls to mcD and co. to A. get the best deal they can for him, and B. find a way to replace both his production and his impact on the field. . . i'll say the same thing now that i said after the cutler debacle-- if mcD can go out and win games, then it's all good and he's justified in pretty much whatever approach he decides to take. . . i value results more than style points. . .

but this is his chance to get rid of the supposed malcontents and replace them with "his" guys-- cutler's gone and marshall and chef are about to be, and that excuse leaves with them. . . this shit is a real problem, and they need to put a stop to it!

dogfish
01-01-2010, 11:34 PM

hunhwhat?

who cares?! even if he WAS asked, what's wrong with the ol' coachspeak, standard non-response?

i've asked multiple times, from multiple posters, and still have received no answer: how does it benefit our team to handle it this way instead of simply reporting him as doubtful with a hamstring injury and leaving it at that?

i don't know what others have said, but i've certainly never complained that mcD didn't give out more info! i know i've made some jokes about coachspeak, because it is amusing, but i never once asked for him to publicly make negative comments about players, that's for damn sure!

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 11:41 PM
and by the same token, you don't get out of the rebuilding phase unless you have talent-- ask the detroit lions or cleveland browns if you don't believe me. . . :lol:

while it doesn't absolve him of any responsibility for the situation-- you have to work with what you're given-- i'm willing to give josh at least a partial pass on this just because it was an inherited problem. . . marshall has shown his immaturity with prior incidents, and he almost certainly was unhappy with his contract before mcD was hired. . .

IMO, how josh SHOULD be judged in regards to this situation is how he handles it going forward. . . i think it's close to a foregone conclusion at this point that brandon will be traded-- and assuming that's the case, it then falls to mcD and co. to A. get the best deal they can for him, and B. find a way to replace both his production and his impact on the field. . . i'll say the same thing now that i said after the cutler debacle-- if mcD can go out and win games, then it's all good and he's justified in pretty much whatever approach he decides to take. . . i value results more than style points. . .

but this is his chance to get rid of the supposed malcontents and replace them with "his" guys-- cutler's gone and marshall and chef are about to be, and that excuse leaves with them. . . this shit is a real problem, and they need to put a stop to it!

Well dog, for the most part, fans become enthralled with the players, over the coaches. So with that said, I'm sure most will prolly be on Bm's/sheff's side in any argument/transaction.

But shouldn't we instead be looking at the bigger picture?

What has having BMarsh brought this team, other than an INDIVIDUAL NFL record?

He's a fantastic possession-type wr. But he's not a Moss. He doesn't have speed that threatens. He doesn't have that TD making ability.

Wouldn't it be nice to have someone like that, that LOVES playing for this team? That ISN'T getting bad press? That ISN'T a misstep from sitting 4+games?

I was proud of BMarsh seemingly getting his shit together this year. Putting all of his immaturity to the side. I was eager to see him get a new multiyear contract and him bettering himself.

But in the same token, if he's not going to elevate the TEAM, he's really no different than any other player out there, imo.

Watching some of the bowl games out there, I see PLENTY of kids that are game breakers that could possibly make us all forget about BMarsh. Every year there are players that can be franchise players.

I just am not sold on BMarsh being that kind of player.

WARHORSE
01-02-2010, 12:24 AM
McDaniels made a mistake.

And I dont have to like the fact that hes makin a mistake at this juncture of the season.:salute:

Iron it out behind closed doors.

Bowlen is no doubt having a great New Years day.

Brand
01-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Through all of the crapola, does anyone else remember when Shanahan told Marshall that he had to get out on the field and play hurt? He had been languishing on the Practice field, claiming he was hurt, and Shanahan told him - publically -he had to stop whining and play.... This did not start with McD. And it will not end wherver he is traded.....

McD did not make a "mistake". Marshall is a douchebag, and McD is trying to handle it. It is a bit like trying to push rope to deal with Marshall because he can give that cutsy little smile and claim innocence. He is a nut case.....

Ravage!!!
01-02-2010, 12:52 AM
what has Marshall brought to this team other than individual stats? Unbelievable.

Individual stats are accomplished in the process of working for a victory on the field. Considering that Marshall is 1/3 of orton's targets, and that he haas 100 catches, and the 2nd on the team is 40..... I'm pretty sure that Marshall has been a MAJOR reason we have any team "accomplishments" at all.

After all, what has Clady done for this team except individual accomplishments? What about KM, or Orton??? Lets just get rid of them all.

Benetto
01-02-2010, 01:37 AM

If there's already a thread on the matter why come here to post?

BTW who are you, to try and point out who's opinion is important enough to post? Who made you the decision maker for who should post what? :coffee:

dogfish
01-02-2010, 01:48 AM
what has Marshall brought to this team other than individual stats? Unbelievable.

Individual stats are accomplished in the process of working for a victory on the field. Considering that Marshall is 1/3 of orton's targets, and that he haas 100 catches, and the 2nd on the team is 40..... I'm pretty sure that Marshall has been a MAJOR reason we have any team "accomplishments" at all.

After all, what has Clady done for this team except individual accomplishments? What about KM, or Orton??? Lets just get rid of them all.

that's funny-- i always think the exact same thing when i see that quote. . .

neither DJ nor doom has helped us win a super bowl, so i guess they bring nothing to the team besides individual accomplishments. . . just like chris johnson hasn't brought anything to the titans this year. . .

JDL
01-02-2010, 01:51 AM
i've asked multiple times, from multiple posters, and still have received no answer: how does it benefit our team to handle it this way instead of simply reporting him as doubtful with a hamstring injury and leaving it at that?

!

It doesn't, it wasn't a veteran coach move thing to do. There was really no reason to call Marshall out in a press conference like that... you just simply say that Marshall is doubtful, deactivate him for the game and keep his VALUE high. Instead, McDaniels has dramatically hurt Marshall's value league-wide and that hurts the Broncos... it seemed quite a bit childish or immature. Very Mangini type of thing. Some of these young coaches just don't really quite understand how to handle people yet, it seems. I think we may be seeing BB in Cleveland. I think to act the way these young coaches want to act, they need to understand they have to prove themselves first. Seems like we are in for a lot of future drama.

MOtorboat
01-02-2010, 01:55 AM
hunhwhat?

who cares?! even if he WAS asked, what's wrong with the ol' coachspeak, standard non-response?

i don't know what others have said, but i've certainly never complained that mcD didn't give out more info! i know i've made some jokes about coachspeak, because it is amusing, but i never once asked for him to publicly make negative comments about players, that's for damn sure!

He was asked a question. He answered it truthfully.

I find it refreshing.

Mostly, because the same critics (not necessarily you) would be whining, bitching and moaning Sunday morning when it came out he wasn't playing.

gregbroncs
01-02-2010, 01:57 AM

Except this team was playing better when Marshall was a backup. They were 6-0 early and the more Marshall has been involved the worse the team has done. It's not all his fault but early in the season they were able to win without his production. Marshall kind of has a history of this kind of stuff and it makes it very hard to take his side all that seriously.

I'm not taking sides on this one. I just hope they get fair value for Marshall.

As far as Sheffler is concerned...Ehh he's a decent TE but I don't think he is as good as people here make him out to be. He is a very poor blocker and not a good enough receiver to make up for it. After his interview saying he thinks about his contract every day it won't hurt my feeling one bit to see him gone.

I want player's on this team with talent who also want to be here. I'm willing to give McD 4 years to see what he can do and he should have that. If this type of shit is still happening in 3-4 years then he needs to go. If it starts happening with players he brings in then he needs to go. Other wise they should give him the time to turn around this franchise that has been way to average for the last 10 years.

Just a few of my thoughts on all the shit going down right now.

broncobryce
01-02-2010, 02:00 AM
Through all of the crapola, does anyone else remember when Shanahan told Marshall that he had to get out on the field and play hurt? He had been languishing on the Practice field, claiming he was hurt, and Shanahan told him - publically -he had to stop whining and play.... This did not start with McD. And it will not end wherver he is traded.....

McD did not make a "mistake". Marshall is a douchebag, and McD is trying to handle it. It is a bit like trying to push rope to deal with Marshall because he can give that cutsy little smile and claim innocence. He is a nut case.....

I remember, I was telling my wife the same thing. I thought it was twice that Shanny had to say something to Brandon. I love Brandon, but he obviously doesn't like to risk playing when hurt and disagrees with the bosses about it. There is no doubt about that. So McD and Shanahan are the same in that respect.

MOtorboat
01-02-2010, 02:00 AM
Except this team was playing better when Marshall was a backup. They were 6-0 early and the more Marshall has been involved the worse the team has done. It's not all his fault but early in the season they were able to win without his production. Marshall kind of has a history of this kind of stuff and it makes it very hard to take his side all that seriously.

I'm not taking sides on this one. I just hope they get fair value for Marshall.

As far as Sheffler is concerned...Ehh he's a decent TE but I don't think he is as good as people here make him out to be. He is a very poor blocker and not a good enough receiver to make up for it. After his interview saying he thinks about his contract every day it won't hurt my feeling one bit to see him gone.

I want player's on this team with talent who also want to be here. I'm willing to give McD 4 years to see what he can do and he should have that. If this type of shit is still happening in 3-4 years then he needs to go. If it starts happening with players he brings in then he needs to go. Other wise they should give him the time to turn around this franchise that has been way to average for the last 10 years.

Just a few of my thoughts on all the shit going down right now.

Marshall started all but two games.

Lin Evans
01-02-2010, 02:52 AM
I suppose my opinion matters as much or as little as yours or anyone elses on this forum. It's essentially all "opinions," isn't it?

It really doesn't matter what was said in the locker room or anywhere else; it doesn't matter what brought it on. What matters is whether the players who were benched would be physically and mentally ready to play Sunday or not, and whether the team would be more likely to win with two more primary offensive weapons than without them.

The season isn't over until after Sunday's game. Winning it is a necessary but not sufficient factor in whether there will be a post season for the Broncos. Taking two offensive weapons out of the lineup seriously diminishes the probability of success Sunday. If BMarsh is not physically capable of playing, then that's one thing, but we will never know because the decision to punish him for daring to say that he was not presently physically able to perform at a level he believed would be helpful to the team.

Controversy is neither good for team spirit nor for future trade values for either player. It's a rookie coaching mistake and could very well cost the team the possibility of competing in the post season. A nuber of Bronco players are very near the end of their careers and probably won't have another shot at a Super Bowl. Do you really think it's fair to them to seriously and adversely affect what is possibly their last shot at a ring because of an ego issue or "my way or the highway" D*** swinging by a rookie coach and/or rookie players? A mature coach would handle this very differently. You can't teach maturity - one either has it or not and it's not necessarily age related.

Yes, it's my opinion and nothing more. Does it matter? Probably not. Do the actions of the players "and" coach matter? You bet they do. Someone needs to man up and act like an adult here.....

Lin

WE also don't know what was said/thought to be said/overheard/thought to be overheard, in the locker room/on the field/in the parking lot/over the phone, to make ANY educated guesses about what might have brought all of this on, no do WE?

An NFL team isn't a 'democracy'. There's 1 head coach, and it's his way or the highway.

I think alot of people thought Shanny lost his because of a bunch of malcontents.

Watchthemiddle
01-02-2010, 03:29 AM
You can't start having a revolving door around here with coaches like we had between Reeves and Shanahan. This team needs stability. McD is trying to build a team around players that want to be here, have a high character, and are good team players. That takes time. A lot more than 1 year.

We lost to the Raiders at home with B marsh, and we lost to the Skins with B Marsh but without Orton. I think we can beat KC without him on the field. Just my opinion.

Lonestar
01-02-2010, 03:59 AM
Dog commented about inhieriting both of them.

Perhaps he saw something in them that made him think they were worth trying to save.

I think we have enough tapes/videos/news paper artciles to make a rational decision on them NOW. Plus he has had a year more to evaluate them.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

bcbronc
01-02-2010, 04:30 AM

for the most part, I agree with what you're saying. but we don't know the whole story.

This is a do or die, no tomorrow, leave it all on the field, type game they make cliches for. it's the kind of game a player who really has "it" should have to be shot to be kept out of. But a "tweaked" hammy? Don't think a tweak would have kept Rod Smith off the field.

Of course we don't know the extent, other than it's a "tweak" with no structural damage. And to be fair to Marshall, maybe he just can't perform. But McDaniels clearly thinks he can, at least in some capacity. And imo Marshall at 75% for one half is better than any of our other WRs at 100% for 4 quarters, especially with Scheff banged out.

but yeah, McD could have just listed him as "out" and pointed at the hamstring and left it at that. But we don't know how Marshall has been acting at Dove Valley. Maybe (all speculation here) he's not taking film study seriously because he's hurt. Or maybe he's able to goof around when the coach isn't looking, but then complains about how sore he is when the coach is looking.

If it's a situation like that (and only if its a situation like that) then there is a reason for McD to make this a bit more public. That's where the accountability comes in. If the doctors feel BM can go (and let's be honest, even if he aggravates the injury, he'll have all offseason to heal up) and McD feels Marshall is taking the easy way out AND not taking this week serious because he won't be on the field come Sunday, I'm okay with McDaniels being a straight shooter and telling it like it is.

I don't know if this is the case or not. But first Scheff was in the doghouse, and then Marshall "tweaked" his hammy and just knew he wouldn't be able to go four days later in the biggest game of the year. possibly McD is calling Marshall out publicly simply so Marshall doesn't "get away with it" (for lack of a better term). This might hurt Marshall's trade value (doubt it though, not with three consecutive 100 catch, 1100 yd seasons), but it also sends a message to the team and the organization: if you aren't willing to knaw your arm off to get on that field, ****.

but on the bright side, Scheff and Marshall out should mean more touches for Hillis, right? :laugh:

gregbroncs
01-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Marshall started all but two games.Fair enough he still was not the end all be all of our offense until later in the season. Like I said not his fault injuries to other players and seemingly nobody else ever getting open.

Lonestar
01-02-2010, 11:54 AM
for the most part, I agree with what you're saying. but we don't know the whole story.

This is a do or die, no tomorrow, leave it all on the field, type game they make cliches for. it's the kind of game a player who really has "it" should have to be shot to be kept out of. But a "tweaked" hammy? Don't think a tweak would have kept Rod Smith off the field.

Of course we don't know the extent, other than it's a "tweak" with no structural damage. And to be fair to Marshall, maybe he just can't perform. But McDaniels clearly thinks he can, at least in some capacity. And imo Marshall at 75% for one half is better than any of our other WRs at 100% for 4 quarters, especially with Scheff banged out.

but yeah, McD could have just listed him as "out" and pointed at the hamstring and left it at that. But we don't know how Marshall has been acting at Dove Valley. Maybe (all speculation here) he's not taking film study seriously because he's hurt. Or maybe he's able to goof around when the coach isn't looking, but then complains about how sore he is when the coach is looking.

If it's a situation like that (and only if its a situation like that) then there is a reason for McD to make this a bit more public. That's where the accountability comes in. If the doctors feel BM can go (and let's be honest, even if he aggravates the injury, he'll have all offseason to heal up) and McD feels Marshall is taking the easy way out AND not taking this week serious because he won't be on the field come Sunday, I'm okay with McDaniels being a straight shooter and telling it like it is.

I don't know if this is the case or not. But first Scheff was in the doghouse, and then Marshall "tweaked" his hammy and just knew he wouldn't be able to go four days later in the biggest game of the year. possibly McD is calling Marshall out publicly simply so Marshall doesn't "get away with it" (for lack of a better term). This might hurt Marshall's trade value (doubt it though, not with three consecutive 100 catch, 1100 yd seasons), but it also sends a message to the team and the organization: if you aren't willing to knaw your arm off to get on that field, ****.

but on the bright side, Scheff and Marshall out should mean more touches for Hillis, right? :laugh:
:salute::salute::salute::salute:

an outstanding post probably the best of the thread..

I could close it with this as the last thread.. but I'm sure one or more of the less than in enthuisiastic members will want the last shots..

Gimpygod
01-02-2010, 12:19 PM

bitch roll?! McD proves again hes a little punk who holds grudges, does not respect players and suuuuuuucks at motivation!!:mad:

broken12
01-02-2010, 12:24 PM
All but buried amid the Brandon Marshall drama is Broncos coach Josh McDan- iels' benching of tight end Tony Scheffler for the game Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs for a non-injury-related reason.

"I'm a competitor and have worked extremely hard this offseason to be able to fight for a chance to make the playoffs," Scheffler said Friday. "Him taking that away doesn't sit very well with me or some of my teammates."

Scheffler has been frustrated by his reduced role this season — he has 31 catches for 416 yards in 15 games, after catching 40 passes for 645 yards in 13 games last year.

He apparently expressed his frustration to a few teammates after the Broncos' 30-27 loss last Sunday to Philadelphia, and

Denver Broncos

Fans, sign up now for Broncos Premium, our website offering don't-miss news, analysis and features only available to registered users. It's free!

View slide show of Broncos wide receiver Brandom Marshall.
View slide show of Broncos-Eagles game Dec. 27.
Find analysis and notes from the gridiron and locker room on the All Things Broncos blog.
Ask Mike Klis about the team or NFL in the Broncos Mailbag.
Evaluate the latest team numbers on the Broncos Stats Page.
Post photos of your team spirit.
Pore over Broncos '09 schedule.
word got back to coach Josh McDaniels.

Scheffler was informed Wednesday by an assistant coach that he would not be dressing for the game Sunday against the Chiefs and would spend the week of practice on the scout squad.

"To be honest, I haven't even heard from Josh," Scheffler said

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14108873#ixzz0bTcgKsMp
wow, this guy doesnt even have the balls for a face to face.......really good with communication coach!

Gimpygod
01-02-2010, 02:20 PM

Here's something for certain, you can't build a team out of a bunch of second rate players who make Rochester look like Braveheart. Only a weak minded loser or self-defeating egotistneeds to surround themselves with sycophants. Without exception great teams have been made of great players with confidence in that ability, McDaniels has shown he has a complete inability to cope with these types of individuals and will therefore be an utter failure. Maybe when he's 50 and if he gets another chance and managesto pull his head out he might have success. But probably not as I believe most of his offense of "genius" revolved mainly aroundthe players he had available and that nearly infallible scouting (cheating) technique.

You think Scheffler is a malcontent? How about Hillis? Stokely is in me kind of guy? None of those things is true and yet Jordan and Gaffney start ahead of all these guys because they stroke the coaches overinflated and evidently fragile ego.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2010, 02:36 PM
He apparently expressed his frustration to a few teammates after the Broncos' 30-27 loss last Sunday to Philadelphia

If what is being reported is true, he apparently stated that "he wanted out of Denver". and it got back to Coach - either from another coach, or player. Well DAMN - I know that I would put a player out on the field if he said this :eek:

Gimpygod
01-02-2010, 02:40 PM

Ya'll are bitching at him for giving out the same, drab speeches before/after games. No information that one couldn't discern on their own. So now, when he DOES give more info, ya'll bash him?

He IS damned if he does/doesn't, after all. :rolleyes:

No, this is further proof that he's stupid. He will lie in regards to the injury report or whether or not someone is going to play when no differences really made but somehow seems to be under the influence of sodium pentothal when he should shut the hell up because it would do the team some good. Not coincidentally every time he is forthcoming it has something to do with his ego. For instance not being willing to tell Jay Cutler he's untradable and this current fiasco are submitted as evidence.

Gimpygod
01-02-2010, 02:45 PM
that's funny-- i always think the exact same thing when i see that quote. . .

neither DJ nor doom has helped us win a super bowl, so i guess they bring nothing to the team besides individual accomplishments. . . just like chris johnson hasn't brought anything to the titans this year. . .

You are so correct! This means Barry Sanders is nothing, Manning Sr. is nothing and countless other great players hold no value whereas Terry "Holly crap I'm on a good team!" Bradshaw Is the best quarterback to ever play the game. This isn't an ant pile were talking about, it's a football team and football teams need standout players to be successful. Please keep in mind that many of our current problems were nonissues last year. A great offense of line is now roadkill, pretty much the only thing that is better is the defense and that's Nolan.

Nomad
01-02-2010, 02:48 PM
If what is being reported is true, he apparently stated that "he wanted out of Denver". and it got back to Coach - either from another coach, or player. Well DAMN - I know that I would put a player out on the field if he said this :eek:

True! I don't know of any job out there, that if you don't want to be there, will give you a pink slip and show you the door!! Only difference is the NFL has a process to go through!!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2010, 03:14 PM
True! I don't know of any job out there, that if you don't want to be there, will give you a pink slip and show you the door!! Only difference is the NFL has a process to go through!!

Should be "common sense" - please keep in mind, I said "SHOULD BE"

Buff
01-02-2010, 03:28 PM

Agreed, that's my only gripe in all this--McD could have handled it in-house and we would have been none the wiser. I think he definitely let frustration get the better of him yesterday (something he never really did during the Cutler saga, IMO.)

Chastise B-Marsh behind the scenes if you think he's dogging it--don't call him out publicly and create a media firestorm while also hurting his trade value. It doesn't do anyone any good.

pnbronco
01-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Agreed, that's my only gripe in all this--McD could have handled it in-house and we would have been none the wiser. I think he definitely let frustration get the better of him yesterday (something he never really did during the Cutler saga, IMO.)

Chastise B-Marsh behind the scenes if you think he's dogging it--don't call him out publicly and create a media firestorm while also hurting his trade value. It doesn't do anyone any good.

Hey I agree with both of you. On the other hand how long did it take for us to be at each others throats again. Maybe everyone including the 32 Rookie Coach is raw...tired...and just doing the best they can and will learn a very valuable lesson for the future.

In Nov I totally misread a situation and had a total melt down. I had driven about 15,000...alone...in 3 months, ended the my show season in the red and was just exhausted so I lost it. I'm 50 and had done show for 15 years, so I knew better than to let my feeling overwhelm me but that day they did. Thank goodness the person I was dealing with understood, accepted my apology and we've have a stronger working realtionship.....

getlynched47
01-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I hate how people try to make it sound that Josh McDaniels carries no fault/blame for anything that has transpired, and I also hate how people give him a free pass and justify this crap with the "he's a rookie" crap.

Here's the situation: We started out 6-0, and after the bye week we've gone 2-7. That's unacceptable. I don't care who the hell you are, that's unacceptable.

In addition, Josh McDaniels has benched two of our most prolific offensive weapons for a must-win game we need in order to have a better chance to make the playoffs.

That's not smart. I don't care if he's trying to send a message or make a point, the timing of his latest incident is stupid. He's benching players, specifically Marshall, that ARE THE OFFENSE!! I don't know how McDaniels plans on replacing 130+ catches and 13+ touchdowns for our season finale.

Reality is, he's putting our season in jeopardy just to prove a point. His ego is bigger than his brain.

Some people say we're headed in the "right direction". How is that? Just because we may win 1 extra game? And even that game isn't a gimme.

No, when the Falcons hired Mike Smith THEY had something to look forward to because their team improved. They are headed in the right direction.

The Broncos, well they took 2 steps forward on defense and 6 steps backwards on offense, not to mention we're about to lose Brandon Marshall for good. Tony Scheffler is as good as gone. And we don't have a legitimate playmaking quarterback. How can you justify that as going in the "right direction"???

Northman
01-02-2010, 03:54 PM
No, when the Falcons hired Mike Smith THEY had something to look forward to because their team improved. They are headed in the right direction.

Uh, the Falcons are 8-7 this year which was worse than their record last year. :lol:

Ravage!!!
01-02-2010, 03:56 PM

well, if you look at tenure and the educational system you would find a TON of people that don't like their jobs, don't want to be there, and can't be fired.

Not many factories have people that are thrilled that they are there, but stay because of the paycheck... they too have a union that keeps them from simply being fired without cause.

getlynched47
01-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Uh, the Falcons are 8-7 this year which was worse than their record last year. :lol:

The Falcons went 4-12 in 2007

They went 11-5 in 2008

They are at worst 8-8 this season

Under Mike Smith, they've had back-to-back seasons without a losing record. In addition, their offense is built for the long haul and their defense is still being built. They have something to be excited about.

Northman
01-02-2010, 03:58 PM

They went 11-5 in 2008

Under Mike Smith, they've had back-to-back seasons without a losing record. In addition, their offense is built for the long haul and their defense is still being built. They have something to be excited about.

So doing worse in 09' is considered an improvement for you? But then McDaniels either goes .500 or better in his first year and you've already thrown in the towel? You guys crack me up.

getlynched47
01-02-2010, 04:04 PM
So doing worse in 09' is considered an improvement for you? But then McDaniels either goes .500 or better in his first year and you've already thrown in the towel? You guys crack me up.

Throwing in the towel? Did you even read my post? I didn't mention a "fire McDaniels" comment anywhere. I just want this idiot to grow the eff up.

As for the Falcons, are you seriously going to argue that they're a bad football team? This team is very good, and has been ravaged by injuries (namely Matt Ryan and Michael Turner). Josh McDaniels' team hasn't had too many injuries, yet we haven't improved as a team during the course of the season and are regressing as a unit.

from jhildebrand:

I recall a VERY COCKY and EGOTISTICAL radio interview with Scott and Al on FM 1043 the FAN ridiculing last year's #2 offense as he saw it. He very boldly proclaimed how he would improve the O. This O took a step back in every single possible way.

BroncoWave
01-02-2010, 04:07 PM

They went 11-5 in 2008

:lol: give me a break! That 4-12 season was a huge anomaly given all the Vick and Petrino mess. Smith inherited a roster with a TON of talent, had a good first year, and they have regressed this year.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2010, 04:09 PM

I just listened again to the first part of Coach's presser yesterday. First question ask was if Brandon would play. After Coach answered, although it is hard to hear the next question, from Coach's response the question apparently was due to Brandon's injury. NOW - what if the Coach would have said Yes, due to the injury, and then the press runs to Brandon and starts discussing that Coach said he would not play due to injury, and Brandon states something different???????

GUYS - REGARDLESS WHAT THE COACH SAID - IT WOULD HAVE CAUSED CONTROVERSY and MANY would have accused him of LYING

BroncoWave
Throwing in the towel? Did you even read my post? I didn't mention a "fire McDaniels" comment anywhere. I just want this idiot to grow the eff up.

As for the Falcons, are you seriously going to argue that they're a bad football team? This team is very good, and has been ravaged by injuries (namely Matt Ryan and Michael Turner). Josh McDaniels' team hasn't had too many injuries, yet we haven't improved as a team during the course of the season and are regressing as a unit.

from jhildebrand:

I recall a VERY COCKY and EGOTISTICAL radio interview with Scott and Al on FM 1043 the FAN ridiculing last year's #2 offense as he saw it. He very boldly proclaimed how he would improve the O. This O took a step back in every single possible way.

:lol: Child, please! If McDaniels were fired today, you would be gloating and saying I told you so and you would be one of the most insufferable posters here. Don't even try to say otherwise! You would love nothing more than for him to be fired immediately.

Northman

from jhildebrand:

And yet your still expecting this team to be world beaters in the first season while the Falcons are now in what? Their 2nd or 3rd season together? Considering you guys expected this team to go 4-12 i would think you would of at least be appreciative of the work he has put in this team considering all the changes that were made in the offseason. Not too mention, i dont see the Falcon players acting like childish babies on and off the field.

getlynched47
01-02-2010, 04:25 PM
:lol: Child, please! If McDaniels were fired today, you would be gloating and saying I told you so and you would be one of the most insufferable posters here. Don't even try to say otherwise! You would love nothing more than for him to be fired immediately.

Fired immediately? No. I want him to change up his offensive system though and the way he handles situations. Because the things he's been doing haven't really worked out very great. After a great start this season, our entire team has regressed dramatically. That's not something anybody wants to see, because you want to be playing your best football in December and we haven't done that (obviously).

Is he a smart coach? I'd like to think so. Is he in over his head this season? I think so. Will he learn from these experiences? I hope so.

It really does me no good to ask for McDaniels being fired, because it's not going to happen. But don't you ever, I mean ever, insinuate that I can not criticize the head coach.

Another thing, get over yourself. You obviously hold a childish grudge over me...get over it.

getlynched47
01-02-2010, 04:27 PM
And yet your still expecting this team to be world beaters in the first season while the Falcons are now in what? Their 2nd or 3rd season together? Considering you guys expected this team to go 4-12 i would think you would of at least be appreciative of the work he has put in this team considering all the changes that were made in the offseason. Not too mention, i dont see the Falcon players acting like childish babies on and off the field.

What do you mean by "you guys". Racist.

No, I'm upset that we started 6-0 and have gone 2-7 since the bye week. That's what I'm upset about. If we went 4-12, alright then so be it...that's what we were supposed to do right? As long as I would've seen signs of improvement, I would've been excited for the future.

But now...we haven't improved as the season has gone along. We've regressed. That's troubling.

Falcon players don't act childish because the head coach doesn't bench players for pulling their hamstring and take personal shots at them through the media.

Northman
01-02-2010, 04:30 PM
What do you mean by "you guys". Racist.

Explain how im a racist?

BroncoWave
01-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Another thing, get over yourself. You obviously hold a childish grudge over me...get over it.

Nowhere near as childish as the grudge you hold over McDaniels.

turftoad
01-02-2010, 04:35 PM
McD is a drama queen. He doesn't know how to handle situations just yet. His lack of experience is rearing it's ugly head again.
He's turned our Broncos into a national laughing stalk.
I'm not knocking the job he has done, just the way he goes about handling personel. He does have a big ego.
Respect is something that needs to be earned, he hasn't done that yet.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2010, 04:38 PM
For those who have NOT listened to the Coach's presser yesterday, I suggest you do. Even though the questions are hard to hear, you know what was ask by the Coach's response. After you have listened, keep in mind that the press would immediately go to Brandon - then tell me how you would have handled this differently. TIA Might as well get back to the topic of the thread - RATHER THAN PERSONAL ATTACKS.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/ under video&audio

turftoad
01-02-2010, 04:42 PM
OK, thats enough fellers.

Back on topic.

getlynched47
01-02-2010, 04:47 PM
McD is a drama queen. He doesn't know how to handle situations just yet. His lack of experience is rearing it's ugly head again.
I'm not knocking the job he has done, just the way he goes about handling personel. He does have a big ego.

That's exactly how I feel, yet when I criticize McDaniels, I am the bad guy. He fixed the defense, kudos to him. I applaud him.

But if we're going to praise the good he's done, I'm going to criticize the bad he's done. Fair enough?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2010, 04:51 PM
That's exactly how I feel, yet when I criticize McDaniels, I am the bad guy. He fixed the defense, kudos to him. I applaud him.

But if we're going to praise the good he's done, I'm going to criticize the bad he's done. Fair enough?

Plenty are criticizing the Coach. :confused:

getlynched47
01-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Plenty are criticizing the Coach. :confused:

...and they are getting walked all over because it's "wrong" to criticize a rookie head coach, according to some.

Lonestar
01-02-2010, 07:35 PM
All but buried amid the Brandon Marshall drama is Broncos coach Josh McDan- iels' benching of tight end Tony Scheffler for the game Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs for a non-injury-related reason.

"I'm a competitor and have worked extremely hard this offseason to be able to fight for a chance to make the playoffs," Scheffler said Friday. "Him taking that away doesn't sit very well with me or some of my teammates."

Scheffler has been frustrated by his reduced role this season — he has 31 catches for 416 yards in 15 games, after catching 40 passes for 645 yards in 13 games last year.

He apparently expressed his frustration to a few teammates after the Broncos' 30-27 loss last Sunday to Philadelphia, and word got back to coach Josh McDaniels.

Scheffler was informed Wednesday by an assistant coach that he would not be dressing for the game Sunday against the Chiefs and would spend the week of practice on the scout squad.

"To be honest, I haven't even heard from Josh," Scheffler said

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14108873#ixzz0bTcgKsMp
wow, this guy doesnt even have the balls for a face to face.......really good with communication coach!

NOw I would not expect everyone to under stand but MOST organizations work under a chain of command.. and since the TE report to and work with the assistant coaches. I suspect that is the reason the assistant coach passed the word to him..

perhaps it is fitting since tony did not seem to have the balls to have a face to face about his displeasure either..

Hmmmm did not think about that did you..

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 08:23 PM
NOw I would not expect everyone to under stand but MOST organizations work under a chain of command.. and since the TE report to and work with the assistant coaches. I suspect that is the reason the assistant coach passed the word to him..

perhaps it is fitting since tony did not seem to have the balls to have a face to face about his displeasure either..

Hmmmm did not think about that did you..

That's a cop out. Don't pull that Chain Of Command thing. McD isn't a General and Scheffler isn't some buck private. If you're the HC, you don't send one of your assistants to tell a player he's benched. Shit, even no-names in Training camp typically get to talk to the coach when he cuts them from the squad. That's when they turn in their playbook. This is nothing more than a slap in the face for Scheffler. A "You're not even worth my precious time" statement by McDaniels. He made the decision, he should be man enough to tell Scheffler face to face and tell him why. This isn't a "you're not going to start because you had a bad week of practice", this is "I'm throwing you off the starting lineup and exiling you to the scout team'. This is personal. This stinks of ego, arrogance, and malice not leadership.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2010, 08:24 PM

After starting 6-0, you bet your ass! After starting 6-0, anything less than the playoffs is a HUGE FAILURE.

Lonestar
01-03-2010, 03:11 AM
That's a cop out. Don't pull that Chain Of Command thing. McD isn't a General and Scheffler isn't some buck private. If you're the HC, you don't send one of your assistants to tell a player he's benched. Shit, even no-names in Training camp typically get to talk to the coach when he cuts them from the squad. That's when they turn in their playbook. This is nothing more than a slap in the face for Scheffler. A "You're not even worth my precious time" statement by McDaniels. He made the decision, he should be man enough to tell Scheffler face to face and tell him why. This isn't a "you're not going to start because you had a bad week of practice", this is "I'm throwing you off the starting lineup and exiling you to the scout team'. This is personal. This stinks of ego, arrogance, and malice not leadership.

Perhaps he had more important things to do like get ready for a GAME without most of his receiving corp.. Not a cop out at all I see it as precisely what I said the players NOW have a relationship with their assistant coaches.. and therefore the WORD should come from them.. they have been coaching them and having meetings with them now for going on 9 months..

AND I repeat since tony did not have the balls to tell the coach he was unhappy and would not be back why should the coach waste his time on this ingrate.. seems he he has an ego also .. but then you seem to have such a low regard for Josh all the blame is automatically his..

Chain of command will do you good to learn. it is the basis of all corporate structure..

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-03-2010, 03:26 AM
You know what the Oilers, Eskimos and Broncos all have in common?

They're all gongshow sport franchises.

Why do I do this to myself?

Dzone
01-03-2010, 06:18 AM
amen to that. he has some serious growing up to do.