PDA

View Full Version : Denver Bronco arrested...

PatricktheDookie
02-20-2008, 09:10 AM
From ProFootballTalk.com

ANDRE HALL ARRESTED

Well, the offseason is now officially on. How do we know? Because guys are getting arrested again at an every-other-day pace.

The latest guy to get busted is Broncos running back Andre Hall, who was arrested on Tuesday in Florida for violation of Section 322.34(2)(A) of the state's statutes. It's a misdemeanor charge for driving with a revoked, suspended, or canceled driver's license.

Hall was booked and released on Tuesday in Pinellas County.

It'll be three points for the Broncos in the new Turd Watch II standings, which we'll put together and post by the end of the week. So far, all of the points have been "earned" by AFC teams, with no incidents in the NFC.

BOSSHOGG30
02-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Oh my god! Lock him away forever! What a piece of crap!

PatricktheDookie
02-20-2008, 09:45 AM
I already posted this in the thread on the Broncomania forums, but it warrants repeating here:

It's not that he was driving without a license that bothers me - it's that he got caught. For someone to catch you for driving without a license, you usually have to do something stupid, causing a cop to pull you over.

BigDaddyBronco
02-20-2008, 09:49 AM
I already posted this in the thread on the Broncomania forums, but it warrants repeating here:

It's not that he was driving without a license that bothers me - it's that he got caught. For someone to catch you for driving without a license, you usually have to do something stupid, causing a cop to pull you over.
Like driving while black? Or speading?

No big deal. If they found a kilo of cocaine or a huge bag of pot in his car, then I would care.

PatricktheDookie
02-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Hypothetically, it doesn't say much of his intelligence if he was speeding without a valid license. That's just asking for trouble.

lex
02-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Hypothetically, it doesn't say much of his intelligence if he was speeding without a valid license. That's just asking for trouble.

Not so fast. Do we actually know it was speeding? Even if its speeding, this is not proportionate at all.

BOSSHOGG30
02-20-2008, 10:10 AM
One of his lights could have been out, his tags could have been expired, his description could have been similar to something the cops were looking for another incident, his windows could have been tinted to dark, etc... Etc... There a too many reason why a cop can pull someone over.

BOSSHOGG30
02-20-2008, 10:12 AM
For the record... Mendenhall and Stewart are both good backs who don't get in trouble

BigDaddyBronco
02-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Yea he could be pretty stupid, but it is still a misdemeanor. Not that big of a deal at this point. If he was driving drunk and was our starting QB, then I would be concerned.

slim
02-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Driving without a license is stupid. But people do stupid things every day. No big deal.

BOSSHOGG30
02-20-2008, 10:28 AM
This is about as stupid as Marshall getting in trouble for blocking the driveway so his girlfriend couldn't storm off mad or Strahan (i think) getting in trouble for punching a bed that he bought instead of his ex-girlfriend when they got into a fight recently.

frauschieze
02-20-2008, 10:32 AM
This is about as stupid as Marshall getting in trouble for blocking the driveway so his girlfriend couldn't storm off mad or Strahan (i think) getting in trouble for punching a bed that he bought instead of his ex-girlfriend when they got into a fight recently.

Less so than in either of those two cases. With those....there was the air of possible domestic abuse. This.....is driving without a license. Pure stupidity. Not harmful. Who cares.

PatricktheDookie
02-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Not so fast. Do we actually know it was speeding? Even if its speeding, this is not proportionate at all.

There is a reason I said 'hypothetically.'

Anyways, don't shoot the messenger. I see Broncos news, and I post it. You're welcome.

BOSSHOGG30
02-20-2008, 10:42 AM

Anyways, don't shoot the messenger. I see Broncos news, and I post it. You're welcome.

hey dookie I don't think anyone is busting you.. they are busting the media for even reporting such a minor matter.

BigDaddyBronco
02-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Ditto Boss.

Especially the first sentence in the PFT report. Give me a break.

topscribe
02-20-2008, 10:50 AM

Thank you for posting that, Dookie. Some of us may not appreciate it, but others do. :beer:

-----

turftoad
02-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Stupid....... ah yeah. A big deal.......... no, not unless there info we don't know about yet.

lex
02-20-2008, 11:15 AM

n/m

NorthernLights
02-20-2008, 11:59 AM
It's not so much the act of driving without a license is a big deal, it's the overall perception of doing something that reflects negatively on the organization. Like it or not, every player represents the team they play for and all the public acknowledges is something bad happened.

Obviously there are degrees of screw ups. Name your top three NFL screw ups. Here are mine.

1. Rae Carruth
2. Mike Vick
3. Art Schlister

BOSSHOGG30
02-20-2008, 12:01 PM
1) Raiders
2) Chargers
3) Chiefs

NorthernLights
02-20-2008, 12:06 PM
1) Raiders
2) Chargers
3) Chiefs

Look, I'm talking all time screw ups. The Bolts have to be number 1 just because they haven't won the big game, yet.

I can't handle being behind the Raiders in anything, so please fix this.:D

topscribe
02-20-2008, 12:31 PM
It's not so much the act of driving without a license is a big deal, it's the overall perception of doing something that reflects negatively on the organization. Like it or not, every player represents the team they play for and all the public acknowledges is something bad happened.

Obviously there are degrees of screw ups. Name your top three NFL screw ups. Here are mine.

1. Rae Carruth
2. Mike Vick
3. Art Schlister

#1 O.J. Simpson?

-----

BOSSHOGG30
02-20-2008, 12:33 PM
1) Lawerance Philips
2) Michael Vick
3) Maurice Clarett

MyBroncosFootball
02-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Broncos running back Andre Hall was arrested Tuesday on a misdemeanor charge for driving with a revoked, suspended, or canceled driver's license, the Pinellas County, Florida Sheriff's Office says on its web site and Pro Football Talk has reported.

No details were given on why Hall was stopped by police or why his driver's license has been revoked, suspended or canceled. The only interesting thing in the report is that Hall has a tattoo reading "Romans 15:5." That Bible passage says, "May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus."

Hall was a first-year player in 2007 who made a solid contribution on the Broncos' offense, rushing 44 times for 216 yards. He's expected to get more playing time in 2008, especially if Travis Henry doesn't return to Denver.

JONtheBRONCO
02-20-2008, 01:15 PM
wow

BeefStew25
02-20-2008, 01:18 PM
I was once arrested for the same thing. I forgot to pay a ticket, which suspends my license, the police officer verbally arrested me, issued me a citation, and told me to drive straight home. Paid the ticket and fine, issue over.

G_Money
02-20-2008, 01:33 PM

1. Rae Carruth
2. Mike Vick
3. Art Schlister

Leonard Little.

Ray Lewis.

When somebody dies because of what you did, I think that probably takes precedence.

Rae Carruth still leads the pack, though.

~G

Requiem / The Dagda
02-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Eh, nothing too major - but with as many arrests as we have had, I wouldn't be surprised to see the league start taking away picks. :coffee:

BOSSHOGG30
02-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Leonard Little.

Ray Lewis.

When somebody dies because of what you did, I think that probably takes precedence.

Rae Carruth still leads the pack, though.

~G

I thought Ray Lewis was just there when someone died? Wouldn't he be in the same class as Brandon Marshall, afterall didn't wasn't Brandon Marshall the one arguing or fighting at the club?

G_Money
02-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Brandon Marshall's posse didn't kill somebody.

It would be like if Ray Lewis had friends who gunned down D-Will for bad-mouthing Ray.

They were his boys that did it. No he didn't pull the trigger but where I come from having your friends kill someone isn't especially preferrable to doing it yourself.

~G

atwater27
02-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Non issue.

I moved from a residence, forgot to change my adress with the DMV, got a speeding ticket, paid it late, the DMV cashed my check, but I had a 10 dollar late fee that they sent bills of to my old house for several months. One day I got pulled over for right taillight out and I managed to talk my way out of being arrested for driving on suspended license. That was news to me.
It can happen to anybody.

BOSSHOGG30
02-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Brandon Marshall's posse didn't kill somebody.

It would be like if Ray Lewis had friends who gunned down D-Will for bad-mouthing Ray.

They were his boys that did it. No he didn't pull the trigger but where I come from having your friends kill someone isn't especially preferrable to doing it yourself.

~G

I don't know if you can really blame Ray Lewis for something his friend did... Shit like that happens all the time... I've had some friends do some bad stuff, but just because I'm there doesn't make me a bad guy. I think Ray Lewis gets a bad rap... I would take him on my team any day.

BOSSHOGG30
02-20-2008, 02:21 PM
At least it wasn't as bad as this:

Raiders CB Fabian Washington was arrested Tuesday night on a domestic battery charge.

He is accused of grabbing his girlfriend from behind during an argument. Washington claims the confrontation never became physical. A first-round pick in 2005, Washington lost his starting job to Stanford Routt last year.
Source: ABC 7 Florida

broncosfanscott
02-20-2008, 05:30 PM

It's a good thing it was only that instead of something a lot worse.

To all Bronco players: Please, think.

Day1BroncoFan
02-20-2008, 08:04 PM
It's not a big deal but, I would like to know why his license is suspended and why he drove anyway before I can make a call on it.

BigSarge87
02-20-2008, 08:10 PM
PFT bashes Broncos at every opportunity. This is a non issue.

wandlc
02-20-2008, 08:51 PM

Read the correction to the story in the link. http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/20/denver-broncos-andre-hall-arrested/

Andre Hall was driven to the sheriff's office to take care of an outstanding ticket.

"**Correction: When I first posted this I suggested that Hall "was stopped by police" on Tuesday. I have since been told by the Broncos that Hall was not stopped by police on Tuesday but was actually driven to the Pinnellas County Sheriff's Office to take care of an outstanding ticket from a previous incident."

Typical of certain news media outlets, using part of a story for sensationalism, especially when it involves a Bronco. He was doing the right thing and taking care of something in the off season.

Steven

OB
02-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Please god :pray: let this be our worst offense this year

Bronco9798
02-20-2008, 10:08 PM
*yawn* Wake me when he murders somebody......

nj10
02-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Like driving while black? Or speading?

No big deal. If they found a kilo of cocaine or a huge bag of pot in his car, then I would care.

Exactly...How could he do something stupid like "speading"?

shank
02-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Read the correction to the story in the link. http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/20/denver-broncos-andre-hall-arrested/

Andre Hall was driven to the sheriff's office to take care of an outstanding ticket.

"**Correction: When I first posted this I suggested that Hall "was stopped by police" on Tuesday. I have since been told by the Broncos that Hall was not stopped by police on Tuesday but was actually driven to the Pinnellas County Sheriff's Office to take care of an outstanding ticket from a previous incident."

Typical of certain news media outlets, using part of a story for sensationalism, especially when it involves a Bronco. He was doing the right thing and taking care of something in the off season.

Steven

i dont' get it, what does this mean? was he not arrested, but only got a ride to the station from a cop to pay a ticket because of his suspended license?

if so, then i agree eff pft. if he was arrested, then what the hell is going on with broncos being stupid?

MileHighWrath
02-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Non issue.

I moved from a residence, forgot to change my adress with the DMV, got a speeding ticket, paid it late, the DMV cashed my check, but I had a 10 dollar late fee that they sent bills of to my old house for several months. One day I got pulled over for right taillight out and I managed to talk my way out of being arrested for driving on suspended license. That was news to me.
It can happen to anybody.

Something similar happened to me. Got a ticket for speeding and a burned out license plat light (what BS) 2 days before I moved. Sold the car a week later, paid the fine for speeding and notified the court of the sale of the car. They failed to note the sale rendering my license suspended for not fixing the stupid license plate light. After I moved I procrastinated going to DMV to change my address. They sent me notice of my license being suspended but to the wrong address. FOUR YEARS LATER I finally realized I hadn't changed the address on my license and when I went in to do it they told me my license was suspended. Fortunately I kept the record of the sale and produced it for the court and everything was cool, but had I been pulled over for any reason in those FOUR YEARS I could have been screwed. BTW, I have an extremely heavy foot and rarely am I close to the speed limit on freeways and major streets, Just one lucky SOB!

Lonestar
02-21-2008, 04:59 PM
For the record... Mendenhall and Stewart are both good backs who don't get in trouble
yet:salute: