PDA

View Full Version : Marshall will be deactivated on Sunday -- McD says Marshall refuses to play with mild injury

Pages : [1] 2

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Tweets are flying from the reporters covering McDaniels press conference, but the title of this thread sums up what they are saying.

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 12:48 PM
From Frank Schwab (Colorado Springs Gazette)

@fs3142: Marshall will be deactivated Sunday. McD says it is an accountability issue, not just injury.

honz
01-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Wtf?

spikerman
01-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Tweets are flying from the reporters covering McDaniels press conference, but the title of this thread sums up what they are saying.

The end of this season just keeps getting better and better. I guess that answers the question as to whether Marshall will be back next year or not. Good thing I'm spending my money to come all the way up to a game to see the backups play. :lol: No Marshall, probably no Scheffler or Royal. I'm bringing my cleats just in case!

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 12:50 PM
More from Schwab:

@fs3142: What a bombshell today. Marshall says he is hurt. Seemed surprised by some of the things McD said of accountability

spikerman
01-01-2010, 12:51 PM
This offseason has the potential to rival last year's in terms of drama.

JONtheBRONCO
01-01-2010, 12:52 PM
fml

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 12:56 PM
This offseason has the potential to rival last year's in terms of drama.

Yes, yes it does.

Even if there is no CBA (which seems almost 100% now) and Marshall, Orton, Doom and others are RFA's, you have to wonder if McDaniels will match the offers that Marshall gets, or take the draft picks (after they high tender him)?

Yes, this could be another high drama, fan bashing fan, type offseason.

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Lindsay Jones (Denver Post):

@PostBroncos: Marshall addressed his deactivation - will post his comments soon. He says it is because of the hamstring unjury and hadn't heard different.

spikerman
01-01-2010, 12:57 PM
If this latest news is accurate, I don't see how Marshall ever takes another snap for the Broncos.

Dean
01-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Could it be that Marshall found how to make the Broncos release him? If they do, he gets a much bigger contract.

:noidea:

spikerman
01-01-2010, 12:59 PM
I can't imagine they would let him go for nothing. Of course, this personnel department has surprised me in the past.

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 01:00 PM
From Schwab, one of his earlier posts, shortly after press conference began:

@fs3142: Basically, McD's message is Marshall wouldn't play through some injuries that others will play with on Sunday.

elsid13
01-01-2010, 01:01 PM
It like freaking melrose place at Dove Valley.

JONtheBRONCO
01-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Well, its hard to get a grasp on what's really going on behind the scenes. Accountability? McD calling Marshall out on that, I guess? If so, then this could be bad. It's obvious McD wants to see Marshall put himself on the line b/c of the huge game on Sunday, but it's also fair to assume Marshall not wanting to play b/c he doesn't want to risk further injury and risk his chance of a top dollar contract. But my question is this, if Marshall isn't willing to suit up on Sunday for the Broncos, then does that mean his heart isn't in Denver? I'd say so... that's my assumption. Dammit. I feel like if Marshall wanted to be a Bronco long-term, then he would trust the Broncos would work out a deal regardless if he hurt himself further in this game on Sunday.

The one guy who has been consistent all year, and a future superstar. It'd be a major blow to the team and to the fans if this turns nasty. Shit, man.

Nomad
01-01-2010, 01:06 PM
*sigh* Here we go again!! Damn to hell whoever cursed the BRONCOS!!!

elsid13
01-01-2010, 01:09 PM
So McDaniels is pissed that Marshall won't push himself because of hamstring injury. Announcer in the outback bowl had the perfect line from his playing days- if an upper body injury suck it up, if leg problem get a teammate on the field.

spikerman
01-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Dammit! Now who is Orton going to throw screens to? :mad:

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Could it be that Marshall found how to make the Broncos release him? If they do, he gets a much bigger contract.

:noidea:

It's unlikely his contract would be any bigger if released. If he is an RFA, other teams will have an opportunity to make him an offer, and teams will, and the Broncos can match or let him go. The only thing that will make some teams bail is that it will cost them a first and a third, plus whatever they pay Marshall.

The only real way the contract winds up smaller is if they Broncos tag him, which would still give him a big raise, but only a one year contract, vs. big signing bonus.

Also, something to remember is that there are two sides to every story.

Remember that early in the year, until it became apparent that the Broncos could not successfully move the ball without Marshall, he was being treated like the 3rd/4th WR. I think it was the second game where Marshall wasn't in for one snap in the 2nd quarter, even though he was on the sideline begging to go in. It wasn't until Royal got sick (needed IV or something at halftime), that they put Marshall back in and Orton was able to move the ball with combination of passes to Marshall and runs by Marshall.

It seems that McDaniels has relied on Marshall because he had to this season, not because he really wanted Marshall as his go to guy.

But, who knows. We are only getting little bits of info.

BroncoWave
01-01-2010, 01:11 PM
So McDaniels is pissed that Marshall won't push himself because of hamstring injury. Announcer in the outback bowl had the perfect line from his playing days- if an upper body injury suck it up, if leg problem get a teammate on the field.

If it's the biggest game of the season and the doctors say you can play, SUCK IT UP!

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Well, its hard to get a grasp on what's really going on behind the scenes. Accountability? McD calling Marshall out on that, I guess? If so, then this could be bad. It's obvious McD wants to see Marshall put himself on the line b/c of the huge game on Sunday, but it's also fair to assume Marshall not wanting to play b/c he doesn't want to risk further injury and risk his chance of a top dollar contract. But my question is this, if Marshall isn't willing to suit up on Sunday for the Broncos, then does that mean his heart isn't in Denver? I'd say so... that's my assumption. Dammit. I feel like if Marshall wanted to be a Bronco long-term, then he would trust the Broncos would work out a deal regardless if he hurt himself further in this game on Sunday.

The one guy who has been consistent all year, and a future superstar. It'd be a major blow to the team and to the fans if this turns nasty. Shit, man.

First, I doubt Marshall wants to be in Denver long term, as the fans, media and his head coach have been pretty brutal to him. That's just a guess though, no real knowledge either way.

Second, if he truly has a hamstring injury, then it might not be possible for him to play. He would be playing in pain and limited speed, and on any play could pop it and make it much worse.

Also, this is from Gary Miller:

@thegarymiller: Marshall points out last year team told him hip injury wasn't bad and he needed surgery. Coach says guys are hurt worse and still play.

spikerman
01-01-2010, 01:14 PM
It's really not all that surprising. I think these guys have had an uneasy peace all season. If the story is accurate it probably didn't take much to set these two off. You're dealing with two people who are very young (immature?) and have very big egos. It may be a good thing for it to come to a head before any long-term contracts were signed.*

*Again, IF the story is accurate

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 01:15 PM
All I can say is - DAMN - I WANT BRANDON TO REMAIN A BRONCO :tsk:

elsid13
If it's the biggest game of the season and the doctors say you can play, SUCK IT UP!

We don't know how that hamstring is responding to treatment. If he hobbled then better to play other WRs.

Italianmobstr7
Everything Ive heard is that Marshall is hurt. Mcd isn't happy that he won't go, but scratched him because of injury not because of accountability.

Nomad
01-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Everything Ive heard is that Marshall is hurt. Mcd isn't happy that he won't go, but scratched him because of injury not because of accountability.

I hope the media is overdramatizing this!!

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 01:23 PM

Their are about four reporters that covered the practice and then talked with McDaniels afterwards and all tweeted that McDaniels "indicated" Marshall won't play with an injury that others are willing to play with and that it was a coaches decision not to play him, NOT injury related.

This is from Lindsay Jones (DP), but other reporters (Gary Miller, Frank Schwab) posted similar comments.

@PostBroncos: Brandon Marshall will not play on Sunday - McDaniels said it is a coaches decision, not injury related

elsid13
01-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Josh McDaniels just said Brandon Marshall will be benched for Sunday's game against the Chiefs. Coach's decision. McDaniels indicated Marshall doesn't want to play with slight hamstring pull.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14104509#ixzz0bO163EOy

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Lindsay Jones said that they went straight from locker room to start of practice (that is open to media), but will have Marshall's comments up shortly.

Nomad
01-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Josh McDaniels just said Brandon Marshall will be benched for Sunday's game against the Chiefs. Coach's decision. McDaniels indicated Marshall doesn't want to play with slight hamstring pull.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14104509#ixzz0bO163EOy

I've had a hamstring injury and they effing suck ass. The severity is questioned by mine had me benched basically half my sophmore year!!

Italianmobstr7
01-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Marshall is reluctant to take the doctors advice after the misdiagnosis last year. I want him tonplay, he's my favorite player but if he can't play he knows his body better than anyone else. If we make the playoffs he'll have a whole week to heal.

topscribe
01-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I've had a hamstring injury and they effing suck ass. The severity is questioned by mine had me benched basically half my sophmore year!!

Exactly. I'm withholding judgment on Marshall until I know a lot more.

The hammy is one injury that definitely can get worse by playing on it . . .

-----

JONtheBRONCO
He's one of my favorite players too, but players play through mild hamstring pulls every week. This isn't a hip or a knee, yes, hamstring injuries are a bitch, but this is the last week of the season in a must win game, if Marshall was a Bronco soldier, he would play.

Denver Native (Carol)
With the outside chance that the Broncos could make the playoffs, and play next week, would you NOT want a healthy, or as near healthy Brandon, JUST IN CASE??????? I.E. - not take the chance of him getting worse?

Medford Bronco
01-01-2010, 01:34 PM

the Media never overdramatizes anything :lol:

Just ask CNN or MSNBC

Nomad
01-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Marshall is reluctant to take the doctors advice after the misdiagnosis last year. I want him tonplay, he's my favorite player but if he can't play he knows his body better than anyone else. If we make the playoffs he'll have a whole week to heal.

You have a point! I'd be gun-shy as well!!

spikerman
01-01-2010, 01:36 PM
If the story is true and McD truly thinks Marshall could play, but won't - I'm not sure he would activate him next week if by some chance the Broncos do make the playoffs. He seems to be trying to prove a point. He could have just deactivated him for the hammy, but since he made it public that the hamstring is not the issue, this could be personal.

Nomad
01-01-2010, 01:36 PM

Just ask CNN or MSNBC

:lol:We love ya MED!! "AS THE BRONCOS TURN"!!:D

Brand
01-01-2010, 01:37 PM
I repeat myself: I think Marshall should be traded. This sort of drama will be never ending, and serves only as fodder for bored sportswriters. Without a CBA, Marshall is a RFA. But I'd prefer they tender him and let the other teams set his market value, and then decide if they want to let him go for a 1st and a third or more. The drama over Marshall is distracting to the team. I would not want to have to deal with a Prima Donna week in and week out. I'd trade him and try to draft two of those really big and mean Olinemen who can play the game. A WR in the second would be okay unless there is a mean big DE or NT hanging around.

The team can be built without Marshall. And there are some WRs out there who can catch the ball. A bigger Oline that could play would do wonders for the entire O..... B'lee dat.....

Dump Marshall..... For a price.....

elsid13
01-01-2010, 01:38 PM
My biggest problem with this is McDaniels comment. All he needed to say was Marshall wasn't going to play because of his injury. By throwing that extra statement out, he caused a media circus

Brand
01-01-2010, 01:38 PM

Just ask CNN or MSNBC

Or Faux News.....

JONtheBRONCO
01-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I love Marshall just as much as the next guy, but look at it from McD's side too. You have a player who was a stink in the off-season, half assed in practice and got himself suspended. Then he doesn't show consistent effort until week 4. Then the player announces he has his head straight and he's going to do whatever it takes to get the Broncos to the playoffs. Showing full-effort throughout the whole season and regaining some trust in both the fans and the coaches. Then the player hurts his hamstring on a Wednesday practice, and the diagnosis is a "mild" pull. (Guys, a mild pull - ask Dawkins, Orton, or DJ if they would play through that). Then the player (who by the way, is in a contract year) doesn't want to play in the final game of the season, in a MUST WIN game. Come on.

I'm not jumping on any bandwagons because I don't really know what is going on entirely. But I will say this, my assumption is Marshall played his ass off all season for the money, not the Broncos, which is a screw job by Marshall. Your teammates need you in a MUST win game, and you can't play, because of a mild injury. Bullshit.

claymore
01-01-2010, 01:44 PM
I have nothing nice to say, so I will only post this.

1. This kind of crap is a pattern with our HC. He cant handle personalities. This shit should have never left the locker room. If he thinks Marshall is sandbagging, then let the SOB sandbag and get all you can for him in the offseason.

2. Anybody that is suprised with the way Marshall is acting/possibly acting is naive. THIS is why I dont want to pay the man. Marshall needs incentive to behave. Giving him 60 million is bad news...

If we lose Sunday JMCD career may very well be on the line. Bowlen isnt going to continue to lose star players and be ridiculed by the media and the fans while still being a mediocre team that lost 8 of its last 10 games.

This shit is hard on a fanbase. It needs to stop.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 01:45 PM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/22105283/detail.html

Broncos Deactivate Brandon Marshall
Feud Between Star Receiver And Coach Flares Up Again

DENVER -- The Denver Broncos announced they had deactivated star wide receiver Brandon Marshall for Sunday's game against division rival Kansas City.

The move means an already injury depleted receiving corps will be even thinner as the Broncos enter a game with huge playoff implications. The Broncos have to win and get help from others to make the playoffs.

Marshall grabbed his right hamstring and took a seat during Wednesday's practice and hasn't taken the field since.

Coach Josh McDaniels told the media this morning he made the decision to deactivate Marshall because he wants players who are giving 100-percent effort and he didn't feel Marshall was doing that. Marshall says he's injured and charges that McDaniels doesn't know what it's like to play in the NFL.

Italianmobstr7
I repeat myself: I think Marshall should be traded. This sort of drama will be never ending, and serves only as fodder for bored sportswriters. Without a CBA, Marshall is a RFA. But I'd prefer they tender him and let the other teams set his market value, and then decide if they want to let him go for a 1st and a third or more. The drama over Marshall is distracting to the team. I would not want to have to deal with a Prima Donna week in and week out. I'd trade him and try to draft two of those really big and mean Olinemen who can play the game. A WR in the second would be okay unless there is a mean big DE or NT hanging around.

The team can be built without Marshall. And there are some WRs out there who can catch the ball. A bigger Oline that could play would do wonders for the entire O..... B'lee dat.....

Dump Marshall..... For a price.....

did you watch any of the games this year? Marshall is a megastar. He's the only player on our O that strikes fear in teams. Getting rid of him would be terrible for us. He needs to stay a Bronco. We don't even know the whole story yet and people are throwing Marshall under the bus. Let's hear both sides of the story before we cast off Marshall please.

Tned-Mobile
Ok, the media portion of practice must be over. Jones had said she would put Marshall's comments up once that happened.

Also, Frank Schwab has begun to answer the questions fans tweeted him last half hour.

@fs3142: OK, let me try to get through all these messages and answer some questions. But wow, this is an all-timer. Crazy, crazy day at Dove Valley

Here's a question I sent him:

@fs3142: Not at all. Outta the blue RT @BroncosForums Did you guys see relationship problem brewing between Marshall and McDaniels?

And some other comments/answers he has sent in last couple mintues.

@fs3142 Think he insinuated Marshall didn't want to risk Marshall to further injury RT @uncfan157 McD say he didnt wanna risk BM to further injury?

@fs3142 Tough 2 say that. All I know is Marshall said he's hurt. McD doesn't seem to think it's serious RT @Skotty_Payne did he give up on the team?

@fs3142 Scheffler is in the same thing. Think McD said don't know if he'll be active RT @YourBroncosZone Think we'll see Scheffler a ton this Sun?

@fs3142 It'll be considered a throwback, maybe RT @charleswculler so should I hold off on ordering my Marshall jersey? Not looking to good.

@fs3142 LOL. Well played RT @JTMONEY1967 Can we have Moss? Lol McD's message is Marshall wouldn't play thru some injuries that others will play with

@fs3142 I'd assume RT @mtokBronco well, pretty sure he's played his last game as a bronco then

@fs3142 Sending a message abt accountability RT @5cullen7 Why not just say he's hurt? Why would McD let this become a distraction, hurt trade value?

@fs3142 Oh, no. This is a big-time deal in many ways RT @Skotty_Payne are we making to much of a big deal about this?

UnderArmour
01-01-2010, 01:46 PM

Me too, I was lucky to be back the next week but if I played a skill position there is no way I would have been out there. You lose a few steps and the injury only gets worse by running, I didn't get everything back until after Christmas. If Marshall is hurt, he's hurt. No coach or trainer should be pushing players to play hurt. If the player wants to push themselves, I have no issue with them playing, but that is their personal decision to make. McDaniels is way out of line if he is trying to push Marshall into playing hurt and Bowlen or the NFL should consider fining McDaniels if this is what is going on.

broncophan
01-01-2010, 01:47 PM
It just doesn't end....

Ravage!!!
01-01-2010, 01:48 PM
The BIGGEST problem Marshall had with this team last year, was because he found out he was hurt MORE than the medical staff diagnosed. He played through an injury that COULD have ruined his career.

Now he doesn't trust the medical staff, and she isn't going to ruin his pay-day by doing it AGAIN.

This is Marshall Absolutely NOT trusting the med staff NOR trusting the Owner and coach.

But McDaniels making it public like this, is absolutely against his "keep it in the locker room" stance he's had on everything else. I have a feeling thta we are going to learn a LOT about the relationships between McDaniels and the locker room in the offseason.

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 01:48 PM
did you watch any of the games this year? Marshall is a megastar. He's the only player on our O that strikes fear in teams. Getting rid of him would be terrible for us. He needs to stay a Bronco. We don't even know the whole story yet and people are throwing Marshall under the bus. Let's hear both sides of the story before we cast off Marshall please.

We have short memories. It will be just like the off season and training camp when so many were saying that we don't need Marshall, because we have Royal and Gaffney.

Some were actually trying to make a case for how Royal was a better player than marshall :confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 01:49 PM
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-marshall-inactive-010110,0,5501501.story

Broncos WR in coach's doghouse again

DENVER, Colo. - A new year. A new Brandon Marshall controversy.

Denver Broncos head coach dropped a bombshell Friday, announcing that wide receiver Brandon Marshall will not be active for Sunday's must-win season finale against the Kansas City Chiefs.

McDaniels told reporters that Marshall was being benched due a "coaches decision" not entirely related to a hamstring injury he sustained during Wednesday's practice. He said other players on the team who are more injured will be playing.

Marshall leads the team with 101 catches for 1,120 yards and ten touchdowns this season.

"Coach never played in the NFL," Marshall told reporters after the decision. "I'm going to handle this professionally."

Marshall, who demanded a trade after last season, was last benched during an exhibition game when McDaniels felt he was slacking-off during a team practice.

In order to reach the playoffs, the Broncos need to beat the Chiefs and need help in other games involving AFC contenders.

spikerman
01-01-2010, 01:50 PM
So, if this shakes out the way it's looking - another .500 (or slightly better season), alienating players, etc., is McDaniels putting himself on thin ice? I think when he was hired he had an easy minimum 3 year run in him, but with all of the drama and the overall record pretty much looking the same could Bowlen put him on a shorter leash? For instance, could Bowlen now say that the Broncos had better make the playoffs next year, or else? Surely, Bowlen is getting sick of all of the negative press about the Broncos over the past couple of years and is ready to see some results.

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Lindsay Jones of DP is putting up some of the Marshall quotes from earlier:

RT @PostBroncos: BM: "I don’t think coach ever played in the NFL, so for my hamstring to be feeling the way it felt ... it’s tough for me to go out there and expect to play at a high level"

@PostBroncos: BM: "I played last year with a tear in my hip, so I don’t think my toughness is in question here."

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Coach McDaniels talks about his decision to deactivate Brandon

Under video & audio http://www.denverbroncos.com/

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 01:54 PM
More Marshall quotes from Lindsay Jones:

RT @PostBroncos: BM: "When you have a muscle injury, that thing doesn’t heal overnight. I got to do my best to be there for the playoffs. It has nothing to do with accountability."

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 01:57 PM
More from Jones:

BM: "He hadn’t really said anything to me. He just came in today and told me I was deactivated. "

BM: "I have to respect that. That’s the head coach. He makes the decisions around here, and he has to do what’s best for the team"

JONtheBRONCO
01-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Elementary. Marshall thats bullshit. People who are twisting this up and shoving it in McD's corner obviously haven't payed attention to all the crap Brandon has put himself through the years. And suddenly, this becomes McD's issue. He's the friggin' head coach, the head tuna, the guy in Denver. He's sending a message, he wants players who are going to play for the Broncos, not the dollars.

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Wow, what a peanut-cluster they have going on in Dove Valley.

The first thing that should be happening is to mend relationships, not ensure they can never be mended.

Second, don't air the dirty laundry. I know the press and fans like to here all the dirty details, but the more you air, the less likely that the fences will be mended, but worse, the less FA's will want to come to Denver and be called out in public by their head coach.

spikerman
01-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Elementary. Marshall thats bullshit. People who are twisting this up and shoving it in McD's corner obviously haven't payed attention to all the crap Brandon has put himself through the years. And suddenly, this becomes McD's issue. He's the friggin' head coach, the head tuna, the guy in Denver. He's sending a message, he wants players who are going to play for the Broncos, not the dollars.
If that's what McDaniels is waiting for, he's going to be waiting a long time. These are professional athletes with short career spans. They ALL play for the money. They don't have loyalty to a team like the fans do. Their loyalty is to their bank accounts and their teammates no matter what uniform they're wearing. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but it's a fact.

Buff
01-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Even if Marshall is dogging it and packing it in early--I don't see what McD is hoping to gain by calling him out in the media. Especially the last game of the season with contract negotiations looming.

Maybe he's just had enough of Marshall and expects him to be gone after the season... That's about the only scenario where this makes sense. Same with deactivating Scheffler as has been reported. I don't think either moves helps our chances to win--so it's gotta be a locker room politics sort of deal.

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Another quote from Lindsay Jones, this one from McDaniels:

RT @PostBroncos: McDaniels "Our word for the week has been accountability. We’re looking to put the 45 guys on the field on Sun that want to play together. We talked about it as a squad on Wednesday that that’s what’s going to happen this week And anyone that showed any indifference to that, we’ll play without them, and we’ll play well anyway."

spikerman
01-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Wow, what a peanut-cluster they have going on in Dove Valley.

The first thing that should be happening is to mend relationships, not ensure they can never be mended.

Second, don't air the dirty laundry. I know the press and fans like to here all the dirty details, but the more you air, the less likely that the fences will be mended, but worse, the less FA's will want to come to Denver and be called out in public by their head coach.

This is what I'm worried about. It wasn't that long ago that players wanted to come to Denver. I'm concerned that not only are the Broncos' players questioning what's going on, but players around the league aren't going to find Denver an attractive option in free agency.

elsid13
Another quote from Lindsay Jones, this one from McDaniels:

I wonder what his definition of "well" is

Italianmobstr7
Brandon says that Mcd didn't really say anything to him just cane and told him he was deactivated. If we get rid of Marshall this offseason for not wanting to play with a hurt hamstring Im going to be pissed.

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Frank Schwab put an article up:

Here's the full McDaniels quote:

“There’s a number of factors that go into that, but there’s a lot of players that will play with things that are probably more difficult to play with than what he has,” McDaniels said. “Our word for the week has been accountability. We’re looking to put the 45 guys on the field on Sunday that want to play together, want to help us try to win and qualify for the playoffs. We talked about it as a squad on Wednesday that that’s what’s going to happen this week. Anybody that showed any indifference to that, we will play without them. And we’ll play well anyway.”

Check out Frank's full article here: http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2010/01/01/marshall-deactivated-for-season-finale/2157/

spikerman
Even if Marshall is dogging it and packing it in early--I don't see what McD is hoping to gain by calling him out in the media. Especially the last game of the season with contract negotiations looming.

Maybe he's just had enough of Marshall and expects him to be gone after the season... That's about the only scenario where this makes sense. Same with deactivating Scheffler as has been reported. I don't think either moves helps our chances to win--so it's gotta be a locker room politics sort of deal.
Right, and all he's done is hurt their trade value.

TurkJetFan
I just heard on NFL network that it is not injury related....

If McDaniels is benching Marshall for any other reason in a must win for the broncos someone should come down from the front office and say play him.

Buff
This is what I'm worried about. It wasn't that long ago that players wanted to come to Denver. I'm concerned that not only are the Broncos' players questioning what's going on, but players around the league aren't going to find Denver an attractive option in free agency.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in that... This isn't the NCAA--players are attracted to money as you said in your previous post. Pay them enough and they will come here.

spikerman
01-01-2010, 02:08 PM
I don't put a whole lot of stock in that... This isn't the NCAA--players are attracted to money as you said in your previous post. Pay them enough and they will come here. I would agree with that if there is a large difference in the amount of money being offered, but if it's close to what another team is offering I think the environment has an effect.

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 02:10 PM

Yea, I don't think we really know what's going on.

My gut feel, which isn't worth much, is that McDaniels has not plans to make a run at keeping Marshall, and this move will help deflect criticism in the off season.

McDaniels clearly didn't want to use Marshall early in the season, and it was only because the offense was completely ineffective when Marshall was off the field that he started treating Marshall like the #1 threat that he is. It seems that McDaniels recognizes that going 2-7 in the last 9, that even if they slip into the playoffs, they aren't a SB team, and wants to start the "while I love his talent, Marshall didn't have the kind of work ethic we want around here, resigning him wouldn't have been good for the team..."

JONtheBRONCO
01-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Marshall wants to rest for the playoffs? You can't get there unless you win first. Would Brian Dawkins sit out? Thing is, all this "other players may not want to come to Denver because of this," isn't true. McD has shown what he is capable of doing, my trust lays within him, and although Marshall is one of my favorites, I'll go with the head coach and what he has to say, rather than a guy who slipped on a "McDonald's bag."

ikillz0mbies
01-01-2010, 02:12 PM
with this drama, you would have thought that the off-season started today. dez bryant anyone?

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 02:13 PM
I don't put a whole lot of stock in that... This isn't the NCAA--players are attracted to money as you said in your previous post. Pay them enough and they will come here.

We all track the free agent moves in the offseason. There are plenty of times that a player is offered roughly the same thing (going rate for his position, talent, tenure, etc.) from multiple teams, and that player chooses where he wants to go. Sometimes it is a team close to his hometown, or a team he thinks can make a SB run. Whatever the individual reasons, the better free agents tend to choose where they want to go, because they have multiple bidders.

topscribe
01-01-2010, 02:13 PM
I just heard on NFL network that it is not injury related....

If McDaniels is benching Marshall for any other reason in a must win for the broncos someone should come down from the front office and say play him.

Welcome to the board. :welcome:

Regarding your comment, no one is going to do that. This is not Dallas or
Washington or Oakland. And I'm glad . . .

-----

broncophan
01-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Marshalls past antics speaks for itself......hard to side with him on just about anything...

spikerman
01-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Marshall wants to rest for the playoffs? You can't get there unless you win first. Would Brian Dawkins sit out? Thing is, all this "other players may not want to come to Denver because of this," isn't true. McD has shown what he is capable of doing, my trust lays within him, and although Marshall is one of my favorites, I'll go with the head coach and what he has to say, rather than a guy who slipped on a "McDonald's bag."

I don't know. Most of these players have big egos and may not want to play for a coach that calls them out publicly. I'm hoping that this is just a reflection of a rookie head coach who is still trying to find his way.

topscribe
01-01-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't know. Most of these players have big egos and may not want to play for a coach that calls them out publicly. I'm hoping that this is just a reflection of a rookie head coach who is still trying to find his way.

On the other hand, maybe there are players who are glad he is. No one who
wants to win a game is happy with a malcontent, if that indeed is the situation.

-----

spikerman
01-01-2010, 02:16 PM
with this drama, you would have thought that the off-season started today. dez bryant anyone?

If Denver drafts a WR in the first round next year I may have to be hospitalized.

spikerman
01-01-2010, 02:17 PM
On the other hand, maybe there are players who are glad he is. No one who
wants to win a game is happy with a malcontent, if that indeed is the situation.

-----
They'd be happy about it until he did it to them. Most of the players I've ever heard speak about something like this believe it should stay in the locker room.

Tempus Fugit
It's a pulled muscle, for crying out loud. When a playoff spot is on the line, you shut up, get massive amounts of physical therapy, and do the very best that you can in order to make sure you can give it a go come game time. For crying out loud, we did that in college. This shouldn't even have been an issue for Marshall. It's what you do as an athlete.

Of course, that's assuming the "mild" part is actually correct.

topscribe
If Denver drafts a WR in the first round next year I may have to be hospitalized.

I'm not sure I would go that far, but I may be at Best Buy, shopping for a new TV . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Coach McDaniels talks about his decision to deactivate Brandon

Under video & audio http://www.denverbroncos.com/

This is definitely worth listening to

topscribe
01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
They'd be happy about it until he did it to them. Most of the players I've ever heard speak about something like this believe it should stay in the locker room.

They are adults, Spike, not kids.

Virtually all of the rest would not go through that. Therefore, they know they
have little to worry about in that way.

-----

elsid13
01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
This is definitely worth listening to

Yeah it is. Watching the face reactions of McDaniels is very similar to the ones he had when was answer questions about Cutler.

spikerman
01-01-2010, 02:21 PM
They are adults, Spike, not kids.

Virtually all of the rest would not go through that. Therefore, they know they
have little to worry about in that way.

-----

I don't know Top. If you look at the way a lot of these players act nowdays, they sure seem more like kids than adults.

honz
Scheffler sitting as well because of his "attitude"...per Trey Wingo on twitter.

Tned-Mobile
And on Scheffler, Trey Wingo says:

RT @wingoz: also.. TE Tony Scheffler told by Mcdaniels he won't play Sunday because of his " attitude". HAPPY TIMES in denver right now

spikerman
01-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Scheffler sitting as well because of his "attitude"...per Trey Wingo on twitter. suh-weet :rolleyes:

broncophan
01-01-2010, 02:23 PM
And on Scheffler, Trey Wingo says:

WHAT IN THE HELL.....:mad::mad::confused::mad:

NorthernLights
01-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Approaching DEFCON 2!

camdisco24
01-01-2010, 02:24 PM
This is a tough one.
Who do I trust in this situation?
Marshall, who has a past we're all very aware of...
... Or McD who we "think" only wants the best for this teams (wins).

If McD had been here for 3 or 4 seasons I'd side with him... but who is the true problem here??? We need Marshall, but we need McD on his side more.

I do not want another soap opera in Denver this offseason. I really hope we resolve this quickly. My biggest hope is that the media has greatly over exaggerated this story...

spikerman
01-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Any more of this and I'll be predicting a shut out for the Chiefs' defense.

spikerman
01-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Approaching DEFCON 2!

Damn.. now THAT'S funny! :lol:

Tempus Fugit
01-01-2010, 02:27 PM
"I don't think coach ever played in the NFL, so for my hamstring to be feeling the way it felt, it's tough for me to go out there and expect to play at a high level,"

That's the sort of stupid comment that gets lesser players cut. The coach playing, or not playing, in the NFL has nothing to do with Marshall's hamstring, and he knows it.

broncophan
01-01-2010, 02:27 PM
This is a tough one.
Who do I trust in this situation?
Marshall, who has a past we're all very aware of...
... Or McD who we "think" only wants the best for this teams (wins).

If McD had been here for 3 or 4 seasons I'd side with him... but who is the true problem here??? We need Marshall, but we need McD on his side more.

I do not want another soap opera in Denver this offseason. I really hope we resolve this quickly. My biggest hope is that the media has greatly over exaggerated this story...

Watching McD's presser........it sure doesn't seem exaggerated....

Buff
01-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Scheffler sitting as well because of his "attitude"...per Trey Wingo on twitter.

They reported this on the fan earlier this week as well...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 02:36 PM

Unless this just happened, Coach was asked in the press conference about Scheffler, and he said something like that had not been determined as yet.

broncophan
01-01-2010, 02:41 PM
If this team gives up on the season....and comes out Sunday and plays like absolute garbage.....I will be pissed.

I can live with a loss....if I have to.....but not if this team just rolls over.....

BCJ
01-01-2010, 02:44 PM
This is just like the beginning of the season. Difference is we are battling for a playoff spot instead of wondering what will happen at the beg. of the season. I came off of a hammy injury a few months back and took 3 weeks to heal so I know what Marshall is going through. Not sure what I can read from the deactivating thing with BM. Is it another attitude problem with Marshall or McD being hard hitted? Damn, maybe the season should end this Sunday but I hope a playoff spot cures some of these ills.

weazel
01-01-2010, 02:50 PM
everyone say goodbye to Brandon Marshall.

Brand
01-01-2010, 02:50 PM

I watched every fricking game. My thoughts about Marshall did not change. I see him as a skutzball. The drama would not change if he had a huge contract. I do not believe he wants to stay in Denver. I think he wants the Broadway treatment. Denver is too small for him and his ego.

I see pictures of him pouting and kicking a blbl in preactice. I see him giving cutsey smiles at the cameras where his ego is on display. I admit, I do not trust him, and I do think he is bagging it.....

Sure he can catch the ball, but so can a lot of players who do not go through the same BS as Marshall does. My opinion stands as stated.....

broncophan
01-01-2010, 02:52 PM
everyone say goodbye to Brandon Marshall.

some around here were willing to do that before this season.....:ciao:

Buff
01-01-2010, 02:53 PM
As crazy and ridiculous as the report seemed earlier this year, I'm reminded of Bill Williamson's piece where he said Shanahan considered cutting Marshall outright. It makes you wonder what goes on behind closed doors.

Brandon Marshall has had his troubles with new coach Josh McDaniels this year but he wouldn't even be a Denver Bronco if Mike Shanahan had still been around.

Shanahan was planning to dump Marshall after the receiver played in his first Pro Bowl in February, according sources familiar with the former Broncos' coach post-season thoughts. The coach went so far to share his plans with quarterback Jay Cutler, a day before Shanahan himself was surprisingly fired. Cutler was later traded to the Bears by new coach Josh McDaniels.

Sources said Shanahan had grown weary with Marshall off the field and even felt he was unreliable on the field, despite leading all NFL receivers with 206 catches for 2,590 yards over the previous two seasons. Shanahan, a source said, felt Marshall had cost the Broncos more victories by his poor route running, dropped passes and his tepid run-blocking efforts. The coach also anticipated some contract problems, a source said.

Shanahan was reasonably certain Marshall would get him value on the trade market but if he had run into a dead end on a deal, sources said he would have considered cutting him outright, as was reported earlier on Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4469786

spikerman
01-01-2010, 02:54 PM
As crazy and ridiculous as the report seemed earlier this year, I'm reminded of Bill Williamson's piece where he said Shanahan considered cutting Marshall outright. It makes you wonder what goes on behind closed doors.

I seem to remember Shanahan denying that report. I could be misremembering though.

pnbronco
01-01-2010, 02:55 PM
I can't be upset with either of them. Brandon wants to be one of the highest paid WR's, does not trust the med staff because he felt like they lied to him last year and he's hurt and doesn't want to risk further injury.

At this point of the year I'm sure most of the guys are hurt in one way or another and that's part on playing in the NFL. I remember Stink had surgery in the mid of the week and played on Sunday. So McD feels like it's part of the business and he should be willing to play. This where the NFL is a business and it's coming out on both sides. It just makes me glad that I work in the business that I do.

JDL
01-01-2010, 02:56 PM
First thing I thought when I heard he pulled a hammy is that Marshall was faking (past history), because it made it impossible for the Broncos to keep him.

I doubt we just cut him... but benching him hurts his value (he still looks like a cancer) ... who is going to trade for him?

Sigh.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Good god.

The game isn't even worth watching this weekend.

Buff
01-01-2010, 02:58 PM
I seem to remember Shanahan denying that report. I could be misremembering though.

Well Williamson backed off his original stance that Shanahan was going to cut him and said that he "considered" cutting him if a trading partner couldn't be found--but we all know that there is a market for Marshall so cutting him never would have happened.

But still, even though Burger Bill has been known to pull stories out of thin air--I tend to think that where there is smoke there is fire... I suspect Shanahan probably did make up his mind that he was going to try and move Marshall.

spikerman
01-01-2010, 03:01 PM
If they can get fair value then I have no problem in trading him. I just worry about what these guys would do with the compensation though. IMO, they threw away a lot of the picks they had last year for guys who may have been available later on.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 03:02 PM

Yes - he did deny that report

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13397543

There was indeed a report about Shanahan having a plan to cut Marshall after last season. All I can tell you is that Shanahan has told people I know very well the report was not true, that he had no intention of cutting Marshall.

Brand
01-01-2010, 03:08 PM
What do you really know about that "surgery"? It sounded to me like an exploratory scope. Maybe pull a chip out, but nothing that would be actually debilitating. Unless you have the Postoperative report (and I am sure the Broncos do), that whole scenario is speculative and laughable. Fans ought to not fall for the "poor me" BS. I had surgery on my back. Terrible, huh? Not really. It was for removal of a small pilonidal cyst "Jeep disease". 20 minutes prep, 15 minutes cutting and cleaning, and short recovery and out the door. How many days did Marshall spend in the hospital? Publically stating he does not trust the Team docs is laughable.....

"Poor. poor Marshal. So misunderstood, but he can be an arse..... He is not worth the drama and irritation. So I encourage the Broncos to get some use out of him and get draft picks or players. I'd take Boldin for him, straight up......

JDL
01-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Still, anyone really believe that Shanahan WANTS Marshall in Washington???

Would you take an early 2 this year and conditional 1 next year?

weazel
01-01-2010, 03:10 PM
some around here were willing to do that before this season.....:ciao:

I wouldn't be terribly upset.

Brand
01-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Still, anyone really believe that Shanahan WANTS Marshall in Washington???

Would you take an early 2 this year and conditional 1 next year?

No. I'd take the second only if a big top line player were included plus the conditional next year.

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Frank Schwab has this quote from Marshall:

Marshall: "If he decides to take some personal shots because of the way the season's unfolding, it's not my fault. I've made big plays ..."

topscribe
01-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Yes - he did deny that report

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13397543

There was indeed a report about Shanahan having a plan to cut Marshall after last season. All I can tell you is that Shanahan has told people I know very well the report was not true, that he had no intention of cutting Marshall.

I don't believe Shanny would have cut Marshall outright.

But I'm not sure I disbelieve the rest of the report . . .

-----

spikerman
01-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Frank Schwab has this quote from Marshall:Wow.. that was a pretty selfish statement... one that's going to be very difficult, if not impossible, to back away from.

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 03:24 PM
My money is on Shanahan not going after Marshall if he gets a head coaching job. I'll also lay odds that Denver trades or tenders him and gets at least a first and third. Hopefully it happens before he gets in trouble in the offseason again.

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Good god.

The game isn't even worth watching this weekend.

This seems like a good post to reply with this little factoid that Frank Schwab gave us:

BTW, Marshall has 68 catches the last 8 games. Gaffney second on the team with 19. Lot to be concerned about for Sunday.

topscribe
01-01-2010, 03:25 PM

I had hoped BMarsh had changed. But it's beginning to look like the same ol' . . .

-----

Superchop 7
01-01-2010, 03:25 PM
I tried to tell you guys.

McDaniels biggest problem is communicating with players.

This is handled "in-house" in 31 of 32 teams.

I will wait to see if the Players Union backs Marshall on his injury status.

topscribe
01-01-2010, 03:26 PM

As if that's a foregone conclusion, Chop? :coffee:

-----

Tempus Fugit
01-01-2010, 03:29 PM

Is Marshall's I.Q. even in the double digits?

What the hell is he thinking by making a statement like that after the offseason shenanigans he pulled?

Superchop 7
01-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Who is taking the "public" shots ?

The Coach.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 03:34 PM
All I can say is - DAMN - I WANT BRANDON TO REMAIN A BRONCO :tsk:

why? How many times can your best friend hit you in the face before you aren't friends anymore?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 03:34 PM

This is handled "in-house" in 31 of 32 teams.

BM is a bag o douche

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Who is taking the "public" shots ?

The Coach.

I do not look at "the players who give 100% will pay" being a public shot. I have to believe there is more to this, which the Coach did NOT say

Foochacho
01-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Screw mcdaniels and screw the fans getting on marshall. He has a hamstring injury I didn't expect him to play this game anyway. An injury like that can easily take you out a few weeks. Didn't Champ sit out a ton last year because of a hammy?

Why would McDaniels say what he said? Why not just say it is do to injury? Calling him out is stupid and pointless. Our best player is surely gone after this shit. I wouldn't play for this dumbass trying to force someone to play on an injury that just happened a couple days ago. Only Marshall knows what his body is capable of.

The man played through a hip injury and a numb arm both of those injuries suck and he fought though them. any fans questioning marshall must of never played with a hammy. It's pretty easy to make it alot worse if you don't let it heal. McD should of just worried about how he is going to beat KC to keep our playoff hopes alive. And then hopefully Marshall would be healed by then. But why force him to injure himself more then he definitely won't be there for the playoffs. Without him our offense is absolute shit.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Franchise his ass and then trade him off. It's the only legit option at this point to salvage something from the mess that is BM.

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 03:36 PM
The coach is going to get bashed either way. If he just says that Brandon is deactivated and leaves it at that, then he refuses to talk to the media and fans about anything going on with this team, and he's cheating the fans. If he comes out and says that Brandon is being deactivated for attitude reasons, then he is airing out dirty laundry in the media, and cheating the fans. Personally, I'll take a coach who 'calls em as he sees em'.

Buff
01-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Franchise his ass and then trade him off. It's the only legit option at this point to salvage something from the mess that is BM.

If I were a betting man, that's how I'd say this is going to end.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 03:39 PM
The coach is going to get bashed either way. If he just says that Brandon is deactivated and leaves it at that, then he refuses to talk to the media and fans about anything going on with this team, and he's cheating the fans. If he comes out and says that Brandon is being deactivated for attitude reasons, then he is airing out dirty laundry in the media, and cheating the fans. Personally, I'll take a coach who 'calls em as he sees em'.

Great post Ziggy, and you are absolutely right - with this, once again, without the fans KNOWING exactly what has happened, the Coach is in a "no win situation" :tsk:

Foochacho
01-01-2010, 03:47 PM

If he benches him and says nothing we assume it is only for the injury which is understandable. No need to call out the only guy that has done anything inthis awful offense.

Buff
01-01-2010, 03:50 PM
If he benches him and says nothing we assume it is only for the injury which is understandable. No need to call out the only guy that has done anything inthis awful offense.

Right... Which is why we know there has got to be some behind the scenes stuff that we don't know about. Whenever you bench a guy who has been so productive it's understandably going to raise some eyebrows...

So now we're left to speculate as to how Brandon Marshall was "indifferent" and not accountable. Was it just the fact that he's not willing to play with this injury, or is this something that has been snowballing over the season that just came to a head?

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 03:54 PM
The worst part is Denver won't even get maximum value for him.

They didn't want to pay for 2 first round picks this year, which is where the trade with Smith came in last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tender him like a 2nd and 4th, or 3rd and 4th, just so they can continue to save money.

I do not believe they will tender him for a first, due to money issues.

Superchop 7
01-01-2010, 03:55 PM
What McDaniels is saying "loud and clear" is that you had "better" play injured.

Thats the message.

Pisses me off to no end.

How many times have we heard from retired players discussing the environment of being "forced" to play with injury.

Why in hell.....do you think the NFL is mandating second opinions?

A coaches disregard for a player.....

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm sorry, but noone should be that surprised that BM goes this route. He's been a tool since day 1. And before anyone caklls me a hater, please remember from the Freak days...NOBODY wanted him more than me. I wanted us to draft Greg Jennings in round 2 and BM in round 3. I was ecstatic to see him get drafted here. Unfortunately, the "Baby TO" label is all too fitting. As talented as he is, his pricetag and attitude are too much for this team to invest in. He is a diva and we can move on w/o him. Diva WRs haven't evere really won in this league. As much as STUD WRs have some rings (Harrison, etc), what divas have the jewelry? TO...many forget that he was hurt for Philly's run to the SB and give him undue credit for getting McNabb over the hump. Randy Moss...As GREAT as he is, and he is, no rings and quite a few headaches in Minnesota, Oakland and now seemingly NE. 85...Cincy's actually gone backwards since his antics. The only diva to ever win was Irvin...and he was 100% TEAM...unlike BM.

Ship him off to some NFC team...someone will overpay us for him.

broncogirl7
01-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Josh McDaniels is destroying the Broncos single-handedly! Read the DenverPost...that BS is McDaniels and his stubborn, smart-ass attitude! Now he's benched Scheffler because of his attitude...are you kidding me...Scheffler?! One person has an attitude problem that is bringing down the Broncos and that is McDaniels!

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 03:59 PM
What McDaniels is saying "loud and clear" is that you had "better" play injured.

Thats the message.

Pisses me off to no end.

How many times have we heard from retired players discussing the environment of being "forced" to play with injury.

It's a friggin hammy. It's not a concussion or a knee. The team is playing for their playoff lives this week and BM doesn't wanna risk himself? What is he saving himself for? BM is a joke and an awful teammate.

pnbronco
I think it's a damn if you do and damn if you don't. We have no idea what has happened behind the scenes.

I wonder how long Reeves and Elway would have survived if they had to deal with the press like today.

silkamilkamonico

Thats the message.

Pisses me off to no end.

No. Once again you're changing the story to see your biased hatred towards him.

He's saying he better play "hurt". Not "injured". There's a difference.

And yea, BM, and any football player, better play "hurt".

You're failing to see the difference between 'hurt", and "injury", and anyone that has ever actually played the game understands the difference between the two.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Josh McDaniels is destroying the Broncos single-handedly! Read the DenverPost...that BS is McDaniels and his stubborn, smart-ass attitude! Now he's benched Scheffler because of his attitude...are you kidding me...Scheffler?! One person has an attitude problem that is bringing down the Broncos and that is McDaniels!

Maybe...just maybe...Shanny's country club, players can do whatever the hell they like atttitude had to be thwarted. And maybe some of the spolied little girls needed to be moved off to "greener" pastures. He was wrong about Cutler, right? Oh, wait...

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 04:01 PM

You're wrong. Bowlen destroyed the Broncos by not firing Shanahan 6 years ago when he should have.

JDL
01-01-2010, 04:01 PM
See Anquan Boldin and what he did earlier this year... THAT is a guy I want on my team... he doesn't lay down for anyone or anything... he is there for his teamates and if he can strap up - he will.. same with Al Wilson... I don't like injury-prone players (Marshall is not) but the reason is that by and large you can't count on them week to week... now you have to say that about Marshall. Truly elite players NEVER lay down and they play the game because they love it and won't let their teammates down... at least we won't have Marshall on the sideline belittling Moreno anymore.

Foochacho
01-01-2010, 04:02 PM
marshall is the only player that has kept me from puking this season when watching our offense play. I better bring a barf bag with me this sunday when I go to the bar. I was really hoping all the drama was done and marshall was going to sign with us. Chances of that seem to be slim to none now.

I could care less about his issues, he produces on the field. He has looked so good this year and hasn't had anywhere near the drops he had last season(which was probally due to nerves in his arm). The man is going to dominate in this league. I just hope it isn't for a division rival.

If McDaniels used him like he should of this season and actually took some shots down field we would probally have a playoff spot right now. Funny that we had no problem going downfield on the redskins who have one of the top pass defenses and monstrous d line. Yet we can't do it on anyone else.

turftoad
01-01-2010, 04:10 PM

I have to agree with this.

Superchop 7
01-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks Silk.......

A perfect intro towards the truth......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_online/news/2002/09/11/wrecking_yard/

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 04:12 PM
At least next year we won't have to worry about some of these players like Marshall and their glass gina's who refuse to play because they have an owie.

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 04:13 PM

Sure hasn't kept the consummate pro's like Hines Ward off the field.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=Foochacho;868744]

I could care less about his issues, he produces on the field.QUOTE]

Even if one of the issues is that he CHOOSES not to be on the field when his team needs him most? Last time I checked, numbers don't win titles. There are many players who are fun to watch, but at the risk of having a legit shot at a title long term...no thanx.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks Silk.......

A perfect intro towards the truth......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_online/news/2002/09/11/wrecking_yard/

Way to go back to yesteryear when trainers didn't even know how a concussion had long term affects.

A concussion is an "injury" btw.

A stubbed toe "hurts".

Congratulations on failing to comprehend the difference between the 2, and their "long lasting" affects.

Brand
01-01-2010, 04:15 PM

The Post is not an authoritative source of information about the Broncos these days. The Broncos have controlled the press and media greatly this year. I understand why. Just read all the "speculation" that people "have to make". You want to believe Kizla? That 's crap on a silver plate right there.

You leap to call Mcd names and otherwise assume and attribute lot of evil thoughts about him. Have you met him? Do you personally knoi he is "stubborn" or that he has a "smart-ass attitude"? How did Bowlen hire this sort of person to coach the team, one in which he's got about 350 mil tied up? I think you are just parroting other hateful Shanahan and Quitler widows who are equally unknowledgable about McD.

I am not one to coddle any coach who has failed. But I do not consider McD a failed coach. But the continuous blatherings about him are more reflective of the limitations of the blatherers......

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 04:19 PM

Yeah....but we all know you're a *****.

:lol:

Just messin', buddy.

broken12
01-01-2010, 04:19 PM
i myself dont blame marshall if he dont! he played with injuries all last year and really could have damaged his carreer! regardless of what anyone says its a job, and to be at a time were he can hurt his chances of getting a pay raise i would take the safe route too!

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 04:21 PM
i myself dont blame marshall if he dont! he played with injuries all last year and really could have damaged his carreer! regardless of what anyone says its a job, and to be at a time were he can hurt his chances of getting a pay raise i would take the safe route too!

LMAO

No he didn't.

Next you're going to tell me a black and blue mark is an "injury" too.

Dzone
01-01-2010, 04:27 PM
This is nuts man. And is there truth to the story of scheffler being benched for bad attitude???This marshall story is the second biggest story today after the gun duel in the NBA

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 04:31 PM
The worst part is Denver won't even get maximum value for him.

They didn't want to pay for 2 first round picks this year, which is where the trade with Smith came in last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tender him like a 2nd and 4th, or 3rd and 4th, just so they can continue to save money.

I do not believe they will tender him for a first, due to money issues.

That's such BS and you know it.

It took a future #1 to move up to get him. That was the cost, and that's what they felt they could afford.

If you're going to lay out such bold statements like you know they're fact, then where's the link? Even tho we all know there isn't one. DON'T WE.

It's becoming more and more evident you have nothing but disdain for this organization, silk. Maybe it's time you find yourself a new team so you can be happy again.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 04:35 PM
That's such BS and you know it.

It took a future #1 to move up to get him. That was the cost, and that's what they felt they could afford.

If you're going to lay out such bold statements like you know they're fact, then where's the link? Even tho we all know there isn't one. DON'T WE.

It's becoming more and more evident you have nothing but disdain for this organization, silk. Maybe it's time you find yourself a new team so you can be happy again.

It's been talked about by reporters throughout the year and is a very good opinion. There's nothing wrong with that scenario.

You need to keep up on these stories as the year goes on so you don't come off sounding clueless.

And please spare me the "disdain" argument. I've been one of the few that has actually supported what's been going on with McDaniels, and still do.

Way to reach on that one as well.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 04:37 PM

And no. A #1 pick does not cost as much as a #2 pick in terms of cap. Something else you appparently don't quite understand either.

Foochacho
01-01-2010, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=Foochacho;868744]

I could care less about his issues, he produces on the field.QUOTE]

Even if one of the issues is that he CHOOSES not to be on the field when his team needs him most? Last time I checked, numbers don't win titles. There are many players who are fun to watch, but at the risk of having a legit shot at a title long term...no thanx.

you don't know the extremity of his injury only he does. If he can barely run why injure it more and ruin any chance of playing in the playoffs. When has he shown that he is a puss? He has played through injuries for us. If he don't feel he can go that is his decision and his alone.

When I heard he had a hammy i didn't expect him to be out there sunday anyway. since when did hammy's heal in a couple days. These things linger for weeks.

I love how everyone is getting on the only guy who can make a play on offense for us this year. it's not his fault our offense is complete garbage without him. If he is injured there is nothing he can do about it. If he did play and hurt it more causing him to miss the playoffs (if we make it) you would all be on his ass even more. I guess getting injured means your a ***** and not a team player.

Champ must be the worst team player on our team with all the time he has missed over the years with hammy's. He can miss week's in a row and it's ok but Brandon can't miss a week because he is selfish. Didn't Champ come back early last year and ended up missing even more time?

pnbronco
01-01-2010, 04:42 PM
:behindsofa: I know this is not how we wanted the season to "probably" end. We are all raw because 2009 was tough to be a bronco fan for so many reasons. I see Silk as not cutting the org down but being bummed that we may lose Marshall for less than.....

Also if McD is having a problem with Scheff because of his previous relationship with who ever then I am little disappointed in that. However humans do make mistakes and I won't throw any rocks because heaven knows I've made more than my share.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 04:43 PM

I like both Coach McD and Brandon equally, but, I sure as HELL am NOT going to point the finger at either one of them, WITHOUT KNOWING ALL OF THE FACTS, Unless you were there, you have no IDEA if Scheffler had an attitude on the practice/playing field or not.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=SmilinAssasSin27;868765]

you don't know the extremity of his injury only he does. If he can barely run why injure it more and ruin any chance of playing in the playoffs. When has he shown that he is a puss? He has played through injuries for us. If he don't feel he can go that is his decision and his alone.

When I heard he had a hammy i didn't expect him to be out there sunday anyway. since when did hammy's heal in a couple days. These things linger for weeks.

I love how everyone is getting on the only guy who can make a play on offense for us this year. it's not his fault our offense is complete garbage without him. If he is injured there is nothing he can do about it. If he did play and hurt it more causing him to miss the playoffs (if we make it) you would all be on his ass even more. I guess getting injured means your a ***** and not a team player.

Champ must be the worst team player on our team with all the time he has missed over the years with hammy's. He can miss week's in a row and it's ok but Brandon can't miss a week because he is selfish. Didn't Champ come back early last year and ended up missing even more time?

Champ's also played a plethora of games with a hamstring injury. Probably more games with a hamstring injury than he's missed.

I'm not sure if you're assuming all hamstring injuries have the same degree of impact pain, but they don't.

Buff
01-01-2010, 04:47 PM
I think this pretty much sums it up:

@fs3142 And regarding Marshall's future - I don't know how you reconcile after coach has questioned player's injury. Very, very rare you see that.

If there were any question as to whether we were going to resign him after all this, I think you've got your answer.

After watching the press conference, you basically get the feeling that McD thinks Marshall is faking the injury to get out of practice and/or playing.

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 04:51 PM
And no. A #1 pick does not cost as much as a #2 pick in terms of cap. Something else you appparently don't quite understand either.

WTH? Where did I say anything about a #2 costing as much as a #1 in cap?

Do you read posts, or just quote and post what pops into your head?

I said the COST of moving up to get AS, from Seattle, was a future #1.

Now read that a couple of times, and let it sink in.

As for your attributing your intel to numerous "reporters", I think that just verifies my point.....thank you.

And I "understand" a little more than you might think.

I tend to put more into fact-based statements...otherwise, they're just opinions and conjectures.

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 04:53 PM
I think this pretty much sums it up:

If there were any question as to whether we were going to resign him after all this, I think you've got your answer.

After watching the press conference, you basically get the feeling that McD thinks Marshall is faking the injury to get out of practice and/or playing.

This is what I call a blessing in disguise. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

dogfish
01-01-2010, 04:54 PM

*sighs*

this is my problem. . . we don't have any way to know what's going on, but if it is a case where josh thinks brandon is shutting it down for personal reasons, it doesn't make a gat damn bit of sense to broadcast that in the media. . . you make the decision to trade him in the offseason and move on from there. . . he had a reported injury during practice this week-- list the guy as questionable or doubtful, he doesn't play on sunday and it's as simple as that. . . announcing publicly that he's being deactivated as a coach's decision (read: for disciplinary purposes) does NOTHING for you besides letting 31 other teams know that marshall still has attitude problems and hurting his trade value. . .

i obviously don't have all the info and i don't want to speculate too much, but this really kinda looks like petulance on the part of the coach-- like he thinks he's "getting back" at marshall. . . and don't tell me he's "sending a message" to the rest of the roster-- there are plenty of ways to do that without costing yourself potential value in draft picks that we're really going to need! just shut the hell up and move on. . .

FML

once again we have to sit here and watch the team ripped apart by drama and controversy, and this shit is killing me. . .

at this point, it's fairly clear that he's not going to be with the organization long term. . . if we can get a first out of him (his value is at least that, but the more we drag the dirty laundry out in public, the tougher it becomes to realize that value), i'd like see us draft golden tate with that pick-- he may not have the skill set of a guy like dez bryant, but tate is a non-diva as far as i can tell, and the kid is an absolute gamer who runs every route hard, fights for the ball in traffic and routinely comes up with difficult, contested grabs. . .

i didn't want to see a high pick spent on a receiver this year, but if we're losing scheffler also, we have to find some legit new weapons in the passing game. . . royal, gaffney and stokley isn't a group that scares anybody, and if the passing game is anemic, the running game will continue to suffer from constant eight man fronts. . . and spending a high pick received in a potential marshall trade still leaves us all of our natural picks to help beef up the lines or look for another quarterback if we want. . .

they damn well better re-sign dumervil, or i'm going to lose ALL confidence in this organization! as it is, it's going to be a ****ing bitter pill to swallow to see almost all of the talent from our best draft class in at least twenty years bled away in two seasons. . .

:frusty:

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 04:57 PM
WTH? Where did I say anything about a #2 costing as much as a #1 in cap?

Do you read posts, or just quote and post what pops into your head?

I said the COST of moving up to get AS, from Seattle, was a future #1.

Now read that a couple of times, and let it sink in.

Great then. Now you correlate the relationship of possibly trading a future #1 for a current #2. Which would save them from having to spend the omeny for a future #1, for a current #2. You'll get it.

As for your attributing your intel to numerous "reporters", I think that just verifies my point.....thank you.

Awesome. Now look up the word "opinion", and move on from there.
Surely I don't have to explain to you how to "connect the dots" do I?

I tend to put more into fact-based statements...otherwise, they're just opinions and conjectures.

If your extreme QB argument is any indication of that in the other thread, I'll give you time to catch up on the difference between a fact and an opinion.

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=SmilinAssasSin27;868765]

IIRC, BMarsh HIMSELF said he was thinking he'd be ok to play on sunday, so evidently he didn't think he 'tweaked' it that badly.

Makes you wonder if he didn't let his mouth run, and say something to the effect that didn't think the team could win without him. That would make McD want to prove him wrong, imo.

Dzone
01-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Ummm, I understand Mike Leach is looking for employment...I think he would be perfect on McD's coaching staff.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 05:00 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9732

BRANDON MARSHALL - 1/1/10

On Head Coach Josh McDaniels' decision to deactivate him for Sunday's game against Kansas City
"I don't think (Head) Coach (Josh McDaniels) ever played in the NFL so for my hamstring to be feeling the way it felt, it's tough for me to go out there and expect to play at a high level. I've battled through a lot of injuries before. I played the whole year last year with a tear in my hip, so I don't think my toughness is in question here. I've just got to do my best just to get back to 100 percent. Hopefully, things fall into place where it should be, and hope we get into the playoffs, and I'll be there with my teammates."

On why McDaniels did not go into specifics when explaining his deactivation
"I don't understand why he didn't answer it. It's because of my hamstring. I got an MRI on it. The MRI came back that there was no structural damage in there. When you try to explode and take off, if you don't have it, you don't have it. It's bad because it's a crucial game for us, but we've got guys who can make plays. We've got guys who have been in this league for years who play this position who can get it done and carry our team."

On McDaniels' emphasis on accountability being a reason that he will be inactive on Sunday
"I don't know what coach said, but I doubt if he said I wasn't buying in because I'm the guy who has been giving up a lot for this team. I've been giving it my all. I'm excited about the opportunity that we have. There are a lot of things that can be in our favor this week to make it to the playoffs. If that happens, I'm going to do my best to be out there with my teammates, but it makes no sense for me to go out there. You can't run 50 percent. (It's) just bad timing."

On how the deactivation affects his relationship with McDaniels
"I don't know what Coach said. If he did say the things that you guys are saying, I don't know why he would say that, but I approached this year in a professional manner, and I'm going to continue to do that. If he decides to take some personal shots because of the way the season is unfolding, it's not my fault. I've made big plays when I'm supposed to. You go back to the Dallas game, the New England game-there are a bunch of games that I've been there and made some huge plays to help us move the ball. I've been unselfish when they've told me I'm not a starter and the reason for it was that I haven't separated myself from anybody. I went out there and I tried to separate myself, and I've done that. I'm going to keep it professional and continue to rehab and hopefully things fall in place for us to move forward into the playoffs."

On if he feels that he has had an issue with being accountable to the team
"Accountability and injury are different. Accountability and injury are different. I wouldn't say pulled my hamstring-it's definitely not that bad. It's tough."

On McDaniels' comment that other players will play with more severe injuries than he has on Sunday
"I was told last year, too, that I didn't have a tear in my hip and I had gotten several MRIs on my hip last year. This is just bad. It's bad for the fans, everyone, my teammates, myself (and) my family. Every game is a playoff game for me. I'm playing for a lot. Every game I go out there playing to give it my all because of trying to achieve my goals. For me not to be out there probably hurts me more than anybody else. I have a lot of things that I want to achieve, a lot of things that I want to do, and it's not just for this game. It's every game that I've played in this year."

On if he was going to try to play through the injury
"This is probably the biggest game for us all year. When you have a muscle injury, that thing doesn't heal over night. Like I said, I've got to do my best to try to be there for the playoffs if we get into the playoffs, but it has nothing to do with accountability."

On if he felt McDaniels was frustrated that he didn't practice yesterday
"No, he hasn't really said anything to me. He just came in today and told me I was deactivated (and that) he's make an announcement today. I have to respect that. I have to respect that. He's the head coach. He makes the decisions around here, and he has to do what's best for the team. It's tough when you don't get a chance to go through the week of preparation and practicing to be able to think you're going to go out there and participate (in the game). It's not fair to our team, it's not fair to our players, but it's just a freak accident. I ran a slant-I was cramping in the (Philadelphia) game Sunday, and my hamstrings were pretty tight from that. I had to get an IV. My muscles were pretty tight. I came out here on Wednesday and it just pulled or something, I'm not sure."

On the fans' perception of his relationship with the team
"There is no more drama. I'm going to be professional about everything moving forward. Like I said, it's an injury. I've played through injuries before, but like I said, last year I was told that I was fine. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. I had a tear in my hip. You've just got to listen to your body, and my body, obviously, something was wrong when I pulled up on Wednesday. I'm just going to continue to rehab and hopefully be there (for the playoffs) of things fall in place."

On his future with the Broncos
"Like I said, I'm going to be professional about the whole team. I love my teammates; my teammates love me. This has been a really smooth season for us as far as just communication and just growing as a person, as a professional athlete. I'm going to continue to do that. That's pretty much it."

On if he is emotionally hurt by the decision to deactivate him for Sunday's game against Kansas City
"I'm hurt for the fact that this is an opportunity for me to go out there and continue to prove myself (and) prove to others what I can do in this league. For me not to get the opportunity because of injury, it sucks, but I'm not the only one that's hurt in the National Football League. It's around that time of the year. I've just got to deal with it."

On how he hopes to proceed with his NFL career
"In a professional manner. Anything I do moving forward is going to be in a professional manner. I'm not going to get into any he-said, she-said (situations) like we've done in the past. I think that's childish. Like I said, I don't think there is any question about my toughness. The way I play the game, it could be first-and-10 and if I gain 15 yards, I'm fighting for 16 yards. I'm that type of guy who's going to give it up on every play in every game, especially for obvious reasons. I have a family. Every game is a big game to me."

turftoad
01-01-2010, 05:03 PM
*sighs*

this is my problem. . . we don't have any way to know what's going on, but if it is a case where josh thinks brandon is shutting it down for personal reasons, it doesn't make a gat damn bit of sense to broadcast that in the media. . . you make the decision to trade him in the offseason and move on from there. . . he had a reported injury during practice this week-- list the guy as questionable or doubtful, he doesn't play on sunday and it's as simple as that. . . announcing publicly that he's being deactivated as a coach's decision (read: for disciplinary purposes) does NOTHING for you besides letting 31 other teams know that marshall still has attitude problems and hurting his trade value. . .

i obviously don't have all the info and i don't want to speculate too much, but this really kinda looks like petulance on the part of the coach-- like he thinks he's "getting back" at marshall. . . and don't tell me he's "sending a message" to the rest of the roster-- there are plenty of ways to do that without costing yourself potential value in draft picks that we're really going to need! just shut the hell up and move on. . .

FML

once again we have to sit here and watch the team ripped apart by drama and controversy, and this shit is killing me. . .

at this point, it's fairly clear that he's not going to be with the organization long term. . . if we can get a first out of him (his value is at least that, but the more we drag the dirty laundry out in public, the tougher it becomes to realize that value), i'd like see us draft golden tate with that pick-- he may not have the skill set of a guy like dez bryant, but tate is a non-diva as far as i can tell, and the kid is an absolute gamer who runs every route hard, fights for the ball in traffic and routinely comes up with difficult, contested grabs. . .

i didn't want to see a high pick spent on a receiver this year, but if we're losing scheffler also, we have to find some legit new weapons in the passing game. . . royal, gaffney and stokley isn't a group that scares anybody, and if the passing game is anemic, the running game will continue to suffer from constant eight man fronts. . . and spending a high pick received in a potential marshall trade still leaves us all of our natural picks to help beef up the lines or look for another quarterback if we want. . .

they damn well better re-sign dumervil, or i'm going to lose ALL confidence in this organization! as it is, it's going to be a ****ing bitter pill to swallow to see almost all of the talent from our best draft class in at least twenty years bled away in two seasons. . .

:frusty:

Thats because the egomaniac didn't draft them Dog.

BTW, great post as usual.

Dzone
01-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Setting the stage perfectly for a KC victory on sunday. How can this not infect a locker room? Lose sunday and McD will be reviled and ridiculed for months. This puts enormous pressure on the Head coach, who cant seem to control his tongue. He had better get a win sunday or he will really be in for a world of shit. You talk about drama. They lose and we aint seen the worst of this. It will be Cutler part 2.

MHCBill
01-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Brandon says that Mcd didn't really say anything to him just cane and told him he was deactivated. If we get rid of Marshall this offseason for not wanting to play with a hurt hamstring Im going to be pissed.Go be pissed... you'll never get it. Marshall is a me player. Me players don't win.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 05:06 PM
If things hold up and we miss the playoffs, all that great talent couldn't even get Denver to a lousy playoff appearance, so here's to playoff worthy talent.

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 05:07 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9732

BRANDON MARSHALL - 1/1/10

On how the deactivation affects his relationship with McDaniels
"I don't know what Coach said. If he did say the things that you guys are saying, I don't know why he would say that, but I approached this year in a professional manner, and I'm going to continue to do that. If he decides to take some personal shots because of the way the season is unfolding, it's not my fault. I've made big plays when I'm supposed to. You go back to the Dallas game, the New England game-there are a bunch of games that I've been there and made some huge plays to help us move the ball. I've been unselfish when they've told me I'm not a starter and the reason for it was that I haven't separated myself from anybody. I went out there and I tried to separate myself, and I've done that. I'm going to keep it professional and continue to rehab and hopefully things fall in place for us to move forward into the playoffs."

Que the training camp practice tape with Brandon batting balls down and kicking them. He has no credibility with anything he says as far as I'm concerned.

rcsodak
01-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Great then. Now you correlate the relationship of possibly trading a future #1 for a current #2. Which would save them from having to spend the omeny for a future #1, for a current #2. You'll get it.

Awesome. Now look up the word "opinion", and move on from there.
Surely I don't have to explain to you how to "connect the dots" do I?

If your extreme QB argument is any indication of that in the other thread, I'll give you time to catch up on the difference between a fact and an opinion.

Funny how NOTHING you just said, in all those words, proves anything as being more than YOUR opinion/conjecture.

And since most of my posts about Orton (unless MY opinion), which I/Top/JR use FACTS (past performance) to base our points, just shows you evidently don't know the difference between the two.

And I'll still High5 you when you make a valid point.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=Foochacho;868795]

IIRC, BMarsh HIMSELF said he was thinking he'd be ok to play on sunday, so evidently he didn't think he 'tweaked' it that badly.

Makes you wonder if he didn't let his mouth run, and say something to the effect that didn't think the team could win without him. That would make McD want to prove him wrong, imo.

How did ya quote me on something I didn't even write?

broncofaninfla
01-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Well I've heard what Mcd has had to say about this situation and I've heard what Marshall has had to say, Marshall has shown more class than Mcd. If Mcd had an issue with Marshall was this the best way to tell him?!?! This is why he will never be a successful head coach, he lacks people skills. Mcd cites "accountability"??!?We have been out coached in a majority of our games this year, who's accountable for that????? What a joke!! We didn't have enough drama last off season now this??

Tempus Fugit
01-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Well I've heard what Mcd has had to say about this situation and I've heard what Marshall has had to say, Marshall has shown more class than Mcd. If Mcd had an issue with Marshall was this the best way to tell him?!?! This is why he will never be a successful head coach, he lacks people skills. Mcd cites "accountability"??!?We have been out coached in a majority of our games this year, who's accountable for that????? What a joke!! We didn't have enough drama last off season now this??

If only Bill Parcells and Jimmy Johnson had heard your teachings, they might have been successes as head coaches.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 05:23 PM
HEALTHONE INJURY REPORT
Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs -- Jan. 3, 2010

Denver Broncos

Out: WR Brandon Marshall (Hamstring)

Questionable: TE Daniel Graham (Knee); WR Eddie Royal (Head/Neck)

Probable: ILB/FB Spencer Larsen (Hamstring); CB Ty Law (Hamstring); OLB/DE Darrell Reid (Knee); RB Correll Buckhalter (Ankle); S Brian Dawkins (Knee); S Renaldo Hill (Ankle)

Kansas City Chiefs

Out: C/G Andy Alleman (Back)

Probable: CB Brandon Flowers (Shoulder); DE Alex Magee (Hamstring)

Definition of Categories
Out = Definitely will not play
Doubtful = At least 75% chance will not play
Questionable = 50-50 chance will not play
Probable = Virtual certainty will be available for normal duty

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Funny how NOTHING you just said, in all those words, proves anything as being more than YOUR opinion/conjecture.

Now you're starting to catch on. Congratulations! The sake of my argument is an opinion. Please keep up so we don't keep rehashing this.

And since most of my posts about Orton (unless MY opinion), which I/Top/JR use FACTS (past performance) to base our points, just shows you evidently don't know the difference between the two.

LMAO I'm not the one that needed 3 posts to understand the concept of somebody else stating an opinion.

LMAO at your so called Orton "facts". Speculation of Orton making the throws only McDaniels wants him to make are not "facts". Speculation is not a fact.

What's next, Orton falling over at the sight of an unblocked pass rusher is immediate instructions from McDaniels as opposed to throwing the ball up for a pick like "Favre/Cutler"? Because lord knows no QB in the NFL can actually try to make a play out of it like Aaron Rodgers.

Wait, Orton isn't no Rodgers. We've already been over this too. Rodgers actually makes plays.

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 05:27 PM

If McDaniels didn't have people skills, Brian Dawkins would never have been a Bronco.

claymore
01-01-2010, 05:34 PM
If McDaniels didn't have people skills, Brian Dawkins would never have been a Bronco.

The Broncos offered Dawkins more money than anyone else would. Thats why he is a Bronco.

broncofaninfla
01-01-2010, 05:35 PM

We offered more money than anybody else, even the Eagles, that's why Dawkins is a Bronco. Lets see how many free agents flock to Denver THIS off season......

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 05:36 PM
The Broncos offered Dawkins more money than anyone else would. Thats why he is a Bronco.

Link? You have no idea what other teams offered, other than Philly.

claymore
01-01-2010, 05:36 PM
We offered more money than anybody else, even the Eagles, that's why Dawkins is a Bronco. Lets see how many free agents flock to Denver THIS off season......

We will have plenty of money. :D

pnbronco
01-01-2010, 05:42 PM
We will have plenty of money. :D

:laugh:....:laugh:, you still got it.....:D

claymore
01-01-2010, 05:43 PM

I know we gave up far more than Philly would. Dawkins had no aligence to Denver to come here for less money than another team would offer. If he did, then he is an idiot.

Dzone
01-01-2010, 05:47 PM
This brings new meaning to the term "DECEMBER COLLAPSE"...Wow, whoda thunk:confused:

turftoad
01-01-2010, 05:48 PM

I really don't think that Dawkins is here because McD has better people skills than every other head other than Andy Reid. :D

broken12
01-01-2010, 05:51 PM
this is a way of detracting attention away from marshall this offseason, mcd is trying to bring his number down for resigning perposes, this guy is a real douch! he is questioning his toughness among other things, mcd should shut the hell up! if it wasnt for marshall we would be giving seattle a top 5 pick!

Dzone
01-01-2010, 05:56 PM
seriously, this latest incident calls for McD's handling of the Cutler fiasco to be revisited. Is there a pattern here? In one year this cat has stirred the pot of drama more than shannahan did in his entire career here...He will either be called really wise or a total knucklehead...brings to mind the old adage : BETTER TO REMAIN QUIET AND BE THOUGHT AN IDIOT THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.

Italianmobstr7
01-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Go be pissed... you'll never get it. Marshall is a me player. Me players don't win.

Most NFL WR's are "Me players." "Me players" can win. If you just read the interview, it sounds to me like the guy wants to play but is hurt. He's hoping to be better if we happen to make the playoffs. You can think what you want about Marshall. We all have our own opinions. You may not like him, but if it wasn't for him our offense would SUCK worse than it already has. You and apparently some others have been waiting for 1 little slip up to be able to jump all over Marshall because of past incidents. I want to wait until all the facts come out before I take anyones side on this issue. Thanks for playing anyways... :rolleyes:

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I really don't think that Dawkins is here because McD has better people skills than every other head other than Andy Reid. :D

Think what you want. I'll go by what Dawkins says himself.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/broncos/2009-02-28-brian-dawkins_N.htm

Dawkins said McDaniels, 32, was a terrific recruiter.

"Very bright, very enthusiastic of what the vision is for this team: not winning later, not building anything, but starting and winning right away," Dawkins said. "I bought into it. I drunk the orange Kool-Aid."

BroncoBJ
01-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Damn, I got a text from someone who hates the Broncos this morning telling me this but I didn't believe him. :lol:

But damn, judging by McDaniels press conference, he looks pissed. I think this is the most mad I've seen him.

Something happened that we don't know about IMO. :fight:

broken12
01-01-2010, 06:03 PM
according to the post, in a quote, mcd questions marshalls toughness!

Tempus Fugit
01-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Most NFL WR's are "Me players." "Me players" can win. If you just read the interview, it sounds to me like the guy wants to play but is hurt. He's hoping to be better if we happen to make the playoffs. You can think what you want about Marshall. We all have our own opinions. You may not like him, but if it wasn't for him our offense would SUCK worse than it already has. You and apparently some others have been waiting for 1 little slip up to be able to jump all over Marshall because of past incidents. Sounds to me like you're the douche, not me. I want to wait until all the facts come out before I take anyones side on this issue. I don't think that me being pissed about losing my favorite player makes me a douche. Did losing Jay Cutler piss you off? It probably did. So does that make you a douche? Thanks for playing anyways... :rolleyes:

You understand that Marshall can't play in the playoffs if the team doesn't make it to the playoffs first, right? I mean, you're not missing the idea that this game has a lot of "must win" aspects to it, are you?

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 06:05 PM

Believe what you want, I'll take Dawkins word for it myself.

Dawkins said McDaniels, 32, was a terrific recruiter.

"Very bright, very enthusiastic of what the vision is for this team: not winning later, not building anything, but starting and winning right away," Dawkins said. "I bought into it. I drunk the orange Kool-Aid."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/broncos/2009-02-28-brian-dawkins_N.htm

Italianmobstr7
01-01-2010, 06:09 PM
After watching Mcd's interview, which I was just now able to do it seems like he is quite pissed. He clearly feels that Marshall could play if he really really wanted to. Marshall says otherwise. I don't really know who to believe. I wish Marshall was playing this week, and I wish that he would have made every possible effort to play this weekend in such a big game IF he didn't. We're clearly a better team with him on the field and it sucks to see this kind of thing happening before the biggest game of our season. Hopefully all this blows over and they can reconcile.

broken12
01-01-2010, 06:13 PM
I am sorry for feeling this but if we lose this game regardless of injuries, we should can this mo fo before the sh!t gets worse.

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 06:15 PM
If the Broncos do win this week and get into the playoffs, it makes for a very intriguing week next week.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 06:17 PM
I really don't CARE who to believe cuz we don't know what is really going down, but if yer looking for a side, just look at past behaviors. The McD haters really have nothing to latch onto other than the fact that he let Cutler go. Well...I don't really think we got the short end of that one. Marshall is an amazing talent, but he is also a cancer who will cost way more than his actual value. If very few people are surprised that he hung it up, then what does that say about the man? It says that few have any faith in him. I've been saying all year that people don't change over a 4 month period. Unfortunately those who felt he did change now have to deal w/ the fact that he's not the new and improved version that they thought he was.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 06:17 PM
If the Broncos do win this week and get into the playoffs, it makes for a very intriguing week next week.

If we get in, he should sit for the playoffs. Afterall, he's hurt ya know?

BroncoWave
01-01-2010, 06:23 PM

I think we can all agree on this one.

Regardless of all this drama, I still hope we get in. I don't think we have a chance against a playoff caliber team without Marshall but that's why they play the games!

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Hell yes I hope we get in. After ALL of the turmoil and McD hate, if we make the friggin playoffs, some of ya'll may just start to realize the kid may just know what he's doing.

Dzone
01-01-2010, 06:30 PM
I am sorry for feeling this but if we lose this game regardless of injuries, we should can this mo fo before the sh!t gets worse.

I tend to agree. I was liking McD for the most part, but there is a pattern of behavior with this coach which is in NO WAY a positive for a team on the eve of its most critical game. Win, and he redeems himself. Lose and he will be called the biggest knucklehead in bronco history(assuming youre refering to Mcd)

broken12
01-01-2010, 06:31 PM
if we go and lose two of our most promising players in two years, and players such as marshall and cutler, who can really become great, due to this guy alienating them (cutler has some fault too) but for mcd for going after cassell who doesnt seem to be as good as advertised now that he is in kc was crazy, would really set us back! good recievers are hard to come by especially ones who demand so much attention like marshall! what could bowlen do in this situation, hope that shanny gets a huge contract so he isnt on the books for it anymore and maybe be allowed to get rid of this shredder! ffs, when is ssomeone gonna check this fools attitude, from player handlings, hillis, marshall, cutler, sheffler, to playcalling. this guy is seeming like he is crumbling under the pressure!

Brand
01-01-2010, 06:31 PM
I really don't CARE who to believe cuz we don't know what is really going down, but if yer looking for a side, just look at past behaviors. The McD haters really have nothing to latch onto other than the fact that he let Cutler go. Well...I don't really think we got the short end of that one. Marshall is an amazing talent, but he is also a cancer who will cost way more than his actual value. If very few people are surprised that he hung it up, then what does that say about the man? It says that few have any faith in him. I've been saying all year that people don't change over a 4 month period. Unfortunately those who felt he did change now have to deal w/ the fact that he's not the new and improved version that they thought he was.

The McD haters and the Cutler widows will never be as logical or level headed as your post. "Opinions" get translated to "facts" and are quoted by others as "facts". Many "Posters" here call McD negative epithets but they don't know a thing about him. But they read crap from some one and are predisposed to believe the crap. Most have no clue about what happened, but they have an opinon on it (usually one that matches their own preconcieved notions about McD).

Drama queens need to be dramatic. It's mostly BS.....

Brand
01-01-2010, 06:34 PM
I tend to agree. I was liking McD for the most part, but there is a pattern of behavior with this coach which is in NO WAY a positive for a team on the eve of its most critical game. Win, and he redeems himself. Lose and he will be called the biggest knucklehead in bronco history

Show the "pattern of behavior" and show the timeliines. You are talking through your arse here.......

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I tend to agree. I was liking McD for the most part, but there is a pattern of behavior with this coach which is in NO WAY a positive for a team on the eve of its most critical game. Win, and he redeems himself. Lose and he will be called the biggest knucklehead in bronco history(assuming youre refering to Mcd)

What pattern of behavior? Why is it so wrong for a new coach to weed out the disgruntled players? I get that BM is an amazing talent, but if he's a dick and a distraction, then how much can he really help a team. TO destroyed 3 lockerrooms. BM is working on his first.

claymore
01-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Hell yes I hope we get in. After ALL of the turmoil and McD hate, if we make the friggin playoffs, some of ya'll may just start to realize the kid may just know what he's doing.

And what if we lose at home and go 8-8?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Then it's still up in the air.

claymore
01-01-2010, 06:37 PM
What pattern of behavior? Why is it so wrong for a new coach to weed out the disgruntled players? I get that BM is an amazing talent, but if he's a dick and a distraction, then how much can he really help a team. TO destroyed 3 lockerrooms. BM is working on his first.

I have no problem with him getting rid of Marshall. I have a problem with the way he is going about it.

None of us should know there was even an issue.

broken12
01-01-2010, 06:37 PM
The McD haters and the Cutler widows will never be as logical or level headed as your post. "Opinions" get translated to "facts" and are quoted by others as "facts". Many "Posters" here call McD negative epithets but they don't know a thing about him. But they read crap from some one and are predisposed to believe the crap. Most have no clue about what happened, but they have an opinon on it (usually one that matches their own preconcieved notions about McD).

Drama queens need to be dramatic. It's mostly BS.....

"It will be a coaching decision," said Broncos coach Josh McDaniels this morning. "There's a number of factors that go into that."

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14106841#ixzz0bPHcXhKg
"There's a lot of players that play with things that are more difficult to play with than what he has," said McDaniels.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14106841#ixzz0bPHg1gQH
"I don't know about Eddie's status yet," McDaniels said. "What's important is we're fielding the team we think gives us the best opportunity to win. And the guys that are going to play hard and do what we asked them to do and fight through adversity and be committed to one another, that's the group."

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14106841#ixzz0bPHo6RKs
for this to be an opinion means its coming from his own mouth, he questions marshalls toughness, says its his decision, and says he's fielding the best players on the team, quinn better than sheffler, huh i doubt it, this guy wants his own guys in and win or lose doesnt care. so if he loses he better man up and say i took the playyers i thought would give us the best shot to win and we didnt, its my fault!

Watchthemiddle
01-01-2010, 06:38 PM
And what if we lose at home and go 8-8?

Then that's 4 wins more then most thought we would ever get.

This team was in a mess after last season. McD is trying to build a team around character and guys who WANT to be here and give it their all every day..not just on game days.

This quote speaks volume's...

"It's never going to be acceptable while I'm here and while this staff is here and while we're trying to build our staff with this philosophy. I don't know if it was acceptable before, but it isn't going to be now and it never will be. And this isn't about sending a message, it's about fielding a team that wants to go out there and win and give us the best opportunity to do that."

Watchthemiddle
01-01-2010, 06:40 PM
I have no problem with him getting rid of Marshall. I have a problem with the way he is going about it.

Then Marshall should have never pouted in practice, intentionally dropped passes, punted the ball after making a catch, and dogging it during warm ups.

Your right....we should not have ever known there was an issue but Marshall started this mess.....and he started it before McD ever got here.

claymore
01-01-2010, 06:42 PM

This team was in a mess after last season. McD is trying to build a team around character and guys who WANT to be here and give it their all every day..not just on game days.

This team is in worse shape today than it was at the same point as last year.

Some see it some dont, some remain hopefull the plan isnt complete.

Im not going to argue about it, Happy new year ladies and fellas.

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 06:43 PM
for this to be an opinion means its coming from his own mouth, he questions marshalls toughness, says its his decision, and says he's fielding the best players on the team, quinn better than sheffler, huh i doubt it, this guy wants his own guys in and win or lose doesnt care. so if he loses he better man up and say i took the playyers i thought would give us the best shot to win and we didnt, its my fault!

If he wanted his own guys in, Clady, Kuper, Harris, Graham, Royal, Larsen, DJ, Doom, Champ, and Prater would all be gone or on the bench. He's fielding the players that he thinks give the team the best chance to win. Now I know it isn't all the same players you would pick, but I think McD may just know a thing or 2 more about football than you do. Your posts are getting sillier by the minute.

broken12
01-01-2010, 06:45 PM
this guy is a fool, i dont care if he brings in guys that give it their all, its about winning and winning, thats all that matters! it doesnt matter what was thought of this team before, my doubts were because of a new defense but they stepped up, the offense hasnt, lets just say if we had last years offense with this defense we would be seriouse contenders. this years defense with last years offense would have been an awesome sight for all bronco fans.

Dzone
01-01-2010, 06:47 PM

Benching him is one thing, but bad mouthing a player is another. McD could have exercised self control and left some mystery but he opened his mouth and didnt stop

Watchthemiddle
01-01-2010, 06:47 PM
This team is in worse shape today than it was at the same point as last year.

Some see it some dont, some remain hopefull the plan isnt complete.

Im not going to argue about it, Happy new year ladies and fellas.

No, we are in no worse shape this year....I think we are in better shape to have the record we have with this team as opposed to if we kept Shanny and Cutty. No way we would be 8-7.....not after the team folded and gave up down the stretch last season.

I am one who remains hopeful the plan isn't complete. Not when you have a rookie HC who inherited a mess for a team.

Dzone
01-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Lets face it, even if BM was acting like a diva, this leaves McD wide open to be called McDumbass

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 06:50 PM

But, but, but......all of his draft picks are busts, and his FA signings are all bad, and coach McPoopypantswhineyhead is just horrible!

The haters aren't going to give the new new coach a chance to get and develop his players before they attack. Despite the fact that this team's offense was mediocore, and the defense was the worst in the history of the Broncos the last 2 seasons, he has to win and win now. This talent depleted franchise should have been re-built into a championship contender overnight! Those who have been around a while usually understand that it doesn't work that way in the NFL, but then again, some don't.

claymore
No, we are in no worse shape this year....I think we are in better shape to have the record we have with this team as opposed to if we kept Shanny and Cutty. No way we would be 8-7.....not after the team folded and gave up down the stretch last season.

I am one who remains hopeful the plan isn't complete. Not when you have a rookie HC who inherited a mess for a team.

If we lose tomorrow that is 8 of 10 games we lost. How is that not folding?

Watchthemiddle
this guy is a fool, i dont care if he brings in guys that give it their all, its about winning and winning, thats all that matters! it doesnt matter what was thought of this team before, my doubts were because of a new defense but they stepped up, the offense hasnt, lets just say if we had last years offense with this defense we would be seriouse contenders. this years defense with last years offense would have been an awesome sight for all bronco fans.

We would be right where we are now with last years offense...it was nothing to write home about....turned the ball over way too much and we were 16th in the league in scoring..this year only dropped to 19th...not that big of a drop off.

broken12
01-01-2010, 06:51 PM
If he wanted his own guys in, Clady, Kuper, Harris, Graham, Royal, Larsen, DJ, Doom, Champ, and Prater would all be gone or on the bench. He's fielding the players that he thinks give the team the best chance to win. Now I know it isn't all the same players you would pick, but I think McD may just know a thing or 2 more about football than you do. Your posts are getting sillier by the minute.

if he does its not much, maybe he wants to make room for troy brown next year!

spikerman
01-01-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm not trying to take sides here, I think they're both in the wrong, but something strikes me as odd. Why is it that 8-8 is ok with people this year when many of the same people were calling for Shanahan's head for going 8-8 last year? I know the Broncos were the epitome of mediocrity over the past few seasons, but is the team really better? Before we say that McD did more with less, imo that doesn't absolve him. He has pretty much the same talent at a lot of positions that Shanahan had and where the talent level is less, much of it is because McD chose to have those players.

The team has a much better record than I thought they would, but that's only because I thought they did such a poor job in the offseason. I just believe that if 8-8 wasn't good enough for the last guy, the current guy has to be held accountable for 8-8 too.

broken12
01-01-2010, 06:53 PM
14 rushing td's less than last years is a huge drop off, and to go into a game knowing you have to score 30+ to win you will force some throws and get turnovers. could you imagine what last years offense could have done with a defense averaging 2 turnovers a game! last year we got i think 13,

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm not trying to take sides here, I think they're both in the wrong, but something strikes me as odd. Why is it that 8-8 is ok with people this year when many of the same people were calling for Shanahan's head for going 8-8 last year? I know the Broncos were the epitome of mediocrity over the past few seasons, but is the team really better? Before we say that McD did more with less, imo that doesn't absolve him. He has pretty much the same talent at a lot of positions that Shanahan had and where the talent level is less, much of it is because McD chose to have those players.

The team has a much better record than I thought they would, but that's only because I thought they did such a poor job in the offseason. I just believe that if 8-8 wasn't good enough for the last guy, the current guy has to be held accountable for 8-8 too.

Because the coach this year only has a portion of his own players in place, and is in the process of rebuilding this team into a winner. Last year's coach had over a decade to build the team the way he wanted, and it was a sinking ship. There's a huge difference there. Now if McD doesn't have this franchise headed in the right direction 2 years from now, I'll be right on board with those calling for his head. The difference is, I'm willing to give the guy a chance before I throw him under the bus for finishing 8-8 with a team that he has had only 1 season to rework. It's not like he took over the Colts or Steelers....teams that were loaded with talent on both sides of the ball.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Because the coach this year only has a portion of his own players in place, and is in the process of rebuilding this team into a winner. Last year's coach had over a decade to build the team the way he wanted, and it was a sinking ship. There's a huge difference there. Now if McD doesn't have this franchise headed in the right direction 2 years from now, I'll be right on board with those calling for his head. The difference is, I'm willing to give the guy a chance before I throw him under the bus for finishing 8-8 with a team that he has had only 1 season to rework. It's not like he took over the Colts or Steelers....teams that were loaded with talent on both sides of the ball.

NO - NO - NO - Common sense is not well received here ;)

broken12
01-01-2010, 07:01 PM
oops booboo!

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 07:02 PM
I still think that we re-sign Doom and franchise Marshall. People talk about giving him a high tender, but that only nets us a first and third to the team of Brandon's choice. If we franchise him, we can trade him for any compensation offered, and to the team that the Broncos choose to deal with.

Lonestar
01-01-2010, 07:03 PM
not gonna read all the posts in here if someone has already said it then at least two or more agree with me..

Marshall will either be franchised next year or an RFA depending on the CBA.. they will not allow him to leave without a return on investment.. (players or draft choices)..

that will not happen he is not going to just walk away..

once again the broncos are holding all of the cards and he may as well suck it up and make an effort.. what will it hurt if he pulls it more.. that he may not be able to play in the Playoff game?

lame excuse at best and ONLY diminishs his rep to other GM and HCs..

getlynched47
01-01-2010, 07:04 PM
What the hell is happening??? Everything seemed good and fine, and now this shit happens again?!?!

What the hell is going on??? What the hell? Shit!

Gosh I'm sick of this shit. McDaniels, what the hell are you doing??? You're walking a thin line ass-hat...I honestly don't know what the hell you are doing.

Brandon Marshall is our ONLY offensive threat. Do you seriously want to lose 101 catches and 10 TD's of production for.........for what? For a hamstring injury that Brandon Marshall isn't sure he can play with at a high level???

Stop with this bullshit! Seriously!!

I'm sick of this damn drama bullshit.

Damn you, McDaniels. What the hell is your problem??? I'm getting sick of you.

Accountability and injuries DO NOT go hand in hand. You obviously have no idea what the hell you're doing.

spikerman
01-01-2010, 07:04 PM
That's fine. I'm not trying to call anybody out. Like I said, I just found it curious. Personally, I think the team had more talent at the end of last season than it did at the beginning of this season, but hopefully McDaniels has a plan in place. So you're willing to give him 2 more years? What if next year the team is still in the 8-8/9-7 range? Would you still give him that 3rd year? I'm asking because I'm really curious. I haven't made up my mind about him just yet.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 07:05 PM

I disagree...It's news that BM won't be palying in a game this important. Someone in the media pried and the floodgates opened up.

pnbronco
01-01-2010, 07:05 PM

While I agree that I wish I didn't know anything about this, Dr. Phil says every pancake has 2 sides.

This is just a what if...McD says nothing other than Brandon is hurt and puts him on the list. Brandon is overheard talking to someone about protecting his future and not wanting to play, it comes out and Coach is a liar. Wasn't the biggest complaint for early part of the season if how closed mouth Coach is. I really think it's damn if does and damn if he doesn't.

Also what does it say to players like Orton who has played with his knuckle popping out of his skin and then the ankle. I know you are not as talented so we treat you different. Orton had no business going into that SD game with his ankle so messed up but he did to give what he had to the team. I just don't think you get individuals to function as a team when you do that.

As a manager in business and President of a large organization I would piss off about half the people on any given day. What they discovered after I left was the person behind me tried to please everyone and everyone was pissed off most of the time.

I don't know what happened but I do know that if you want it to be fuel to be mad at Coach, Brandon or just fill in the blank it can appear that way.

Lonestar
01-01-2010, 07:06 PM
I still think that we re-sign Doom and franchise Marshall. People talk about giving him a high tender, but that only nets us a first and third to the team of Brandon's choice. If we franchise him, we can trade him for any compensation offered, and to the team that the Broncos choose to deal with.

or we Match the offer..

personally I'd rather have the draft choices the teams will fight over him and most likely the one that has the worst record (better draft choices) wins and then we win..

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 07:06 PM
What the hell is happening??? Everything seemed good and fine, and now this shit happens again?!?!

What the hell is going on??? What the hell? Shit!

Gosh I'm sick of this shit. McDaniels, what the hell are you doing??? You're walking a thin line ass-hat...I honestly don't know what the hell you are doing.

Brandon Marshall is our ONLY offensive threat. Do you seriously want to lose 101 catches and 10 TD's of production for.........for what? For a hamstring injury that Brandon Marshall isn't sure he can play with at a high level???

Stop with this bullshit! Seriously!!

I'm sick of this damn drama bullshit.

Damn you, McDaniels. What the hell is your problem??? I'm getting sick of you.

Accountability and injuries DO NOT go hand in hand. You obviously have no idea what the hell you're doing.

And what would you call this post?

spikerman
01-01-2010, 07:07 PM
not gonna read all the posts in here if someone has already said it then at least two or more agree with me..

Marshall will either be franchised next year or an RFA depending on the CBA.. they will not allow him to leave without a return on investment.. (players or draft choices)..

that will not happen he is not going to just walk away..

once again the broncos are holding all of the cards and he may as well suck it up and make an effort.. what will it hurt if he pulls it more.. that he may not be able to play in the Playoff game?

lame excuse at best and ONLY diminishs his rep to other GM and HCs..
I'm a little concerned that the Broncos might just release him. If you tender him and nobody bites, then the Broncos will have to pay him and I don't see any way that happens now.

getlynched47
01-01-2010, 07:07 PM
So now McDaniels is punishing players for getting injured.

You're a retard, McDumbass....yes I said McDumbass, I haven't said it in a long long time but you've pissed me off.

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 07:09 PM
or we Match the offer..

personally I'd rather have the draft choices the teams will fight over him and most likely the one that has the worst record (better draft choices) wins and then we win..

Correct. And if we don't get offered enough compensation, we have him on the roster for 1 more year at a high salary, but aren't screwed long-term on our salary cap if he gets in trouble with the law again.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2010, 07:10 PM

The difference is the longevity of the mediocrity. Shanny's message got old and his team went down the crapper for more than just 1 season.

McD just got here and is trying to get HIS team together.

I believe ALL coaches deserve 3 seasons. If we're still 8-8 after 3 years, then I'll start to question our future with him at the helm.

sneakers
01-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Broncos JV team should still be able to beat the Chefs.

spikerman
01-01-2010, 07:12 PM
The difference is the longevity of the mediocrity. Shanny's message got old and his team went down the crapper for more than just 1 season.

McD just got here and is trying to get HIS team together.

I believe ALL coaches deserve 3 seasons. If we're still 8-8 after 3 years, then I'll start to question our future with him at the helm.

It'll be interesting to see. PB has pulled the trigger after 2 years before. I don't see that happening this time though because this is his guy. Either way, he cannot be happy right now.

sneakers
01-01-2010, 07:14 PM
So now McDaniels is punishing players for getting injured.

You're a retard, McDumbass....yes I said McDumbass, I haven't said it in a long long time but you've pissed me off.

at least he isn't locking them up in an equipment shed for 3 hours :D

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 07:15 PM
While I agree that I wish I didn't know anything about this, Dr. Phil says every pancake has 2 sides.

This is just a what if...McD says nothing other than Brandon is hurt and puts him on the list. Brandon is overheard talking to someone about protecting his future and not wanting to play, it comes out and Coach is a liar. Wasn't the biggest complaint for early part of the season if how closed mouth Coach is. I really think it's damn if does and damn if he doesn't.

Also what does it say to players like Orton who has played with his knuckle popping out of his skin and then the ankle. I know you are not as talented so we treat you different. Orton had no business going into that SD game with his ankle so messed up but he did to give what he had to the team. I just don't think you get individuals to function as a team when you do that.

As a manager in business and President of a large organization I would piss off about half the people on any given day. What they discovered after I left was the person behind me tried to please everyone and everyone was pissed off most of the time.

I don't know what happened but I do know that if you want it to be fuel to be mad at Coach, Brandon or just fill in the blank it can appear that way.

GREAT POST - people forget that the press are at some of the practice - so, what if they see Brandon having fun on the sidelines at practice, or overhear something, or he says something to them, and as you say - Coach says NOTHING - face it folks - Coach McD is DAMNED either way he goes. And, as tight mouthed as the Coach has been this year, I have to believe that something caused him to be so open today in his press conference.

dogfish
01-01-2010, 07:17 PM
I disagree...It's news that BM won't be palying in a game this important. Someone in the media pried and the floodgates opened up.

if that's the case, then dude needs to beef up the controls on his floodgates, because the media is always going to be prying, and it's in no way in the best interest of the team to have this shit in the headlines. . . i don't mind josh wearing his heart on his sleeve on the sidelines, but IMO his inexperience is reflected in a lack of media savvy in this situation. . .

Ziggy
01-01-2010, 07:18 PM
That's fine. I'm not trying to call anybody out. Like I said, I just found it curious. Personally, I think the team had more talent at the end of last season than it did at the beginning of this season, but hopefully McDaniels has a plan in place. So you're willing to give him 2 more years? What if next year the team is still in the 8-8/9-7 range? Would you still give him that 3rd year? I'm asking because I'm really curious. I haven't made up my mind about him just yet.

Yes, I'd give him a 3rd year. It takes time to change the culture of a team that has been mediocore for a decade and is soft and talent depleted. This teams main weakness was strength along the line on both sides of the ball. Rebuilding in the trenches takes years to do, not 1 or 2 offseasons. Many will point out that our offensive line was great last season statistically, but they were still soft on short yardage and red zone situations. Championship teams aren't, plain and simple. It'll take time to change that while also installing new systems on both sides of the ball, and bringing in players with a team first attitude.