PDA

View Full Version : It will be Colquitt vs. Colquitt in Denver

KCL
12-31-2009, 11:58 PM
so is his brother going to be the one punting?...sounds like it according to this.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1172

It will be Colquitt vs. Colquitt in Denver

Chiefs punter Dustin Colquitt will be kicking against his younger brother, Britton, on Sunday in the regular-season finale at Denver.
The Broncos on Wednesday signed rookie punter Britton Colquitt to their active roster from Miami’s practice squad.

Colquitt (6-foot-3, 204 pounds), entered the NFL with Denver as a college free agent from the University of Tennessee, where the Chiefs' Dustin performed.

Britton Colquitt competed in training camp with the Broncos before being waived in the team’s final roster cutdown on Sept. 1. He was out of football until being signed to Miami’s practice squad on Dec. 22.

The Colquitts' father, Craig, and cousin Jimmy all punted for Tennessee. Craig Colquitt won two Super Bowl rings as the Steelers’ punter from 1978-84 and Jimmy Colquitt punted for the Seahawks in 1985.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Yesterday, Coach McD said Berger would be doing the punting, unless that changed today.

KCL
01-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Yesterday, Coach McD said Berger would be doing the punting, unless that changed today.

Thanks! I was wondering if it were true or not...Colquitt is good,I am glad we have him.

Dzone
01-01-2010, 03:45 AM
wow, what a kicking family! I wish McD would let him punt Sunday. Nothing to lose since berger has been GOOD at times and turrble at times, mostly average at best. LET COLQUITT PUNT...How often does a team carry two punters on the active roster?

SR
01-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Berger is terrible....all the time.