PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Stokely fined

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2009, 01:49 PM
:tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

http://twitter.com/PostBroncos/statuses/7243282911

It's official: Brandon Stokley been fined $25,000 for his ejection on Sunday.

Ouch.

Here is video - I think that should have been worth much more than $25K :tsk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0vlRkdlpSU

T.K.O.
12-31-2009, 02:08 PM
thats crazy....the league should donate that 25 g's to the crippled refs fund or something:D

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2009, 02:17 PM
thats crazy....the league should donate that 25 g's to the crippled refs fund or something:D

How about the ref's EGO fund???????

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2009, 02:23 PM
The NFL must operate just like some cities do - try and give as many traffic tickets as possible at the end of the month :tsk:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4785326

Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator Chuck Cecil has been fined $20,000 for verbally abusing officials.

Cecil drew a 15-yard penalty for yelling something during the Titans' loss to the San Diego Chargers on Christmas night. Titans head coach Jeff Fisher says Cecil was actually yelling at other members of the Titans' coaching staff, and not at the officials.

But the league still stuck Cecil with the fine.

BroncoWave
12-31-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm just glad they didn't suspend him. Who cares about the fine? I'm not gonna cry for a multimillionaire losing 25K. That's chump change for Stokley.

In-com-plete
12-31-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm just glad they didn't suspend him. Who cares about the fine? I'm not gonna cry for a multimillionaire losing 25K. That's chump change for Stokley.

It's write off for Stokley.

He just writes it off.

All these big players write off everything.

I don't even know what a write off is.

But Stokley does. And he's the one writing it off.

weazel
12-31-2009, 02:46 PM
I agree with the fine. They have to protect the officials.

What I don't agree with is the fact there was no call on the play. This wouldn't have happened if the ref made the right call. The officiating in that game was horrible, to put it nicely.

Poet
12-31-2009, 02:50 PM
The fine is stupid. He got fined more than the Bears defensive lineman who punched a player. The same thing goes for Brandon Jacob and Albert Haynesworth.

Stokley acted like a petulant child, but as far as I know that's ONE single incident in the career of a veteran who is known as a class act.

If the official policy is that you issue a fine there it should have been lower (if it could have been).

weazel
12-31-2009, 02:51 PM
It's write off for Stokley.

He just writes it off.

All these big players write off everything.

I don't even know what a write off is.

But Stokley does. And he's the one writing it off.

Cosmo?

weazel
12-31-2009, 02:52 PM
The fine is stupid. He got fined more than the Bears defensive lineman who punched a player. The same thing goes for Brandon Jacob and Albert Haynesworth.

Stokley acted like a petulant child, but as far as I know that's ONE single incident in the career of a veteran who is known as a class act.

If the official policy is that you issue a fine there it should have been lower (if it could have been).

you can't compare a player hitting another player and a player hitting an official. Two totally different things in the eyes of the league.

Poet
12-31-2009, 02:53 PM
you can't compare a player hitting another player and a player hitting an official. Two totally different things in the eyes of the league.

All the punches from the players to the other players had real potential to cause harm.

I've given and received high fives harder than what Stokley did.

You can't tell me that Stokley could have caused any real harm to the ref. The NFL needs to be realistic about the fines that they give out.

weazel
12-31-2009, 02:54 PM
All the punches from the players to the other players had real potential to cause harm.

I've given and received high fives harder than what Stokley did.

You can't tell me that Stokley could have caused any real harm to the ref. The NFL needs to be realistic about the fines that they give out.

I agree with you King, but the fact remains that you can not touch an official. The players know that and Stokley was stupid for doing it.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2009, 02:55 PM
http://twitter.com/thegarymiller/statuses/7243033746

for making contact with officials finger Brandon Stokley fined by NFL $25,000. Ouch!

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/12/31/stokley-fined-25k/

As expected, Broncos wide receiver Brandon Stokley has been officially fined $25,000 by the league for his ejection in Sunday’s loss to Philadelphia.

Stokley was tossed from the game late in the first quarter after making contact with an official while Stokley was lobbying for a pass interference flag.

Stokley’s finger hit the official’s finger.

BroncoWave
12-31-2009, 02:59 PM
I've never understood the uproar from fans when players from their teams get fined. Who cares? It doesn't hurt Stokley and more importantly it doesn't hurt the Broncos. Just as long as he didn't get suspended, I couldn't care less.

A 25K fine to a guy like Stokley is like one of us having to pay a 2 or 3 dollar fine for a late video at Blockbuster. Not a big deal at all.

NameUsedBefore
12-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Worst officiated game of the season for the Broncos. This is just annoying more than anything. The real issue is that they missed a blatant call in the first place and then went on to **** up the rest of the game too.

broncophan
12-31-2009, 04:15 PM
I still think Marshall should have stopped in and stopped him from doing something stupid......like Stokly did for Marshall last season....lol...

Nomad
12-31-2009, 05:04 PM

Yeah, I'm glad he didn't get suspended as well. You're right, this is chump change for him, like a $25 parking ticket for us!!

Mike Carrie usually runs a good crew with his 'major' facemask:lol: but players need to stand their distance from refs. It was a questionable called game but obviously the BRONCOS aren't making a stink to the league about it because this stuff usually leaks out to the public!!

Lonestar
01-01-2010, 04:28 AM
What did anyone expect after he beat the ref to a plup and they had to perform CPR at midfield. :D